facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 31, 2003, 02:53 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Barry Bonds and JO
Default I hate our captain. I realy do. He let us down.

Dav Whatmore was right. we were in a position for victory. He was shocked just like all us by the way we were defeated.

And what hurts more is the way our captain praised Shoaib for his world class bowling.

Because this is his mentality (poor poor) the captain never beleived that we could win the test.....

the captain should have been speechless if he had thought that we had a chance to win.

Poor, Poor, very Poor Bangladesh...

i am very shamefull right now.
dissapointed and most of all shocked by his poor remarks.

and anyone who wants to reply please dont say we did not have the chance to win or pakistani bowling.

it was all our falt, such is the mentality of our captain, who in defeat praised his opponent and did not look at himself.

poor poor poor BD for choosing him as a captain.

Old August 31, 2003, 03:14 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

What is worst that he let us down not by playing, he let us down by talking.
Old August 31, 2003, 03:16 AM
First BC Member

I am saying that may be we did not have any chance of winning because we did not have enough bowlers, but I am also saying that we did not have any chance of losing the match either.
Old August 31, 2003, 03:37 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Barry Bonds and JO

regardless of odds. we could have won if it had been for him. his motivation, mentality and determination to win and lead a team for his coutry is weak.

"a real captain never lets his ship sink in the first place"

a real captain always wants to win, not lose with "improvement".....

[Edited on 31-8-2003 by kkakash]
Old August 31, 2003, 08:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

KKakash:
I try to stay away from extremely emotional words like love and hate. You wrote 'I Hate our Captain'. I tell ya, I'm getting there. This Jabroni (Good for nothing) needs to go. He and Col. Latif need to go fishing somewhere and we need to give DAV a capable supporting cast of officials.
Old August 31, 2003, 09:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

If Dav get more power and also have power to select a good team Bd will play more good.and also Dav should give opportunity to oyr player to play more more practice match.Or practice them a long 3 or 4 days match.
Old August 31, 2003, 12:55 PM
Banned

I am dissapointed, but not too much. When BD needed to come out and bat 20o at the end of day 3, I was horrified. I was actually hoping that PAK would bat to the end of the day and score as many runs as we did in the ist inng.

Being a much more realistic person who understands the limits of life (yes, I am no more a college undergrad....), I knew that all of Kapali's elation would go to the team's head and cause enough damage in 1.5 hrs.

For those here who are in a denial and hink that S Akhtar is one lucky B-astard, and usually is, think again. Just as you were out of sync with BDs dream in test 2, underestimating s a was wrong too.

My hope was that with the need to begin the innings fron day 4 morning, Omar and Hannan would have been able to put the PAK ist innings in perspective and bat with a cool line of thought.

And with Mahmud, I think what he said was true. But what the coach had said was true too. The team will just have to work hard towards more improvements and apprach the juncture where over elation (lack of mental strength with BD) is a value very distant from the the coach's expectation.

What Mahmud needed to admit also though is that the team simply needs to work harder in this area, and are simply not their, yet. But as we know, he's also protecting his rear.

Anyway, we tend to end up hating every captain we get, so what's next?
Old August 31, 2003, 01:11 PM
First BC Member

You're right Pundit, but in the 2nd innings of Bangladesh, I was expecting some fightback either from our middle order consisting of Rajin Saleh, Alok Kapali and Pilot or some resistance from the lower order consisting of Sujon, Rafique, Mashrafee, Alamgir. Among whom, only Alok Kapali stayed at the wicket for a while to score only 16 runs.

But since none of that happened, we will blame the captain.
Old August 31, 2003, 11:19 PM
Test Cricketer

I think it is all in the mind, and Sujon is an airhead to think otherwise. To bring sujon's hero in as an example, did you guys notice akhtar's poor performance earlier on in the match? It was appalling. But then, after he got a couple of wickets, he was on fire. How can someone just switch themselves on like that if it has nothing to do with the mind? What a twit.. (sujon that is)

Sujon himself has got low morale, you can tell by the way he droops his shoulders. It's almost as if he doesnt feel like bowling. In fact when they came here this is something the TV commentators were talking about. How the team seemed very lively, but the captain was totally the opposite.

I think Dav is spot on. Our boys are always used to playing under pressure. When was the last time they had a command over the opposition in a test match? (err like never) The thing is, they dont KNOW how to keep applying pressure when in an advantageous position.

Anyhow, I am happy with their overall performance - just disappointed in their 2nd innings. At least now we arent suffering from innings defeats in each match