facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 5, 2007, 12:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
I thought the people from square are one of the most honest business people in bagladesh. So I am kinda surprised with all these allegation against advisor Tapan. We have a very bad tendency to engage in conspiracy theories. I agree with gatekeeper that DGFI and home ministry are responsible for these captures.
Yes as far as I know they are well reputed and honest businessmen. My father says they are honest and that is good enough for me. One of my father's friend was also working there as a senior scientist and they both know Tapan Chowdhury and Samson Chowdhury personally. Behind every big business there is always some sort of luck or slight manipulation involved and that cannot be said to be corruption rather the cunning acumen of the businessmen. I will give a very simple example but this is not something applicable for square but just in general. When you apply for loan for your project sometimes people overvalue their land on which the project is to be build thus requiring lesser equity from the sponsors. As long as the businessman pays off the loan regularly and does not default then there is nothing wrong in it from my perspective. The problem comes when people take out loans in the name of doing BMRE and instead of investing it puts it in his personal account and defaults on the loans. That is plain and simple "churi". BB does not list square as a defaulter hence if someone alleges them to be corrupt then that would be a very weak allegation.

Old February 5, 2007, 12:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
I thought the people from square are one of the most honest business people in bagladesh. So I am kinda surprised with all these allegation against advisor Tapan. We have a very bad tendency to engage in conspiracy theories. I agree with gatekeeper that DGFI and home ministry are responsible for these captures.
His point was at Salman F Rahman mostly.

I understand what you and GK are saying. I don't completely agree with either side of the argument. Through personal acquintances I've heard many things about DGFI...but then again, I have no sources to verify with. And most people tell me the same about DGFI like you and GK did, but then again, that's how it works in theory. So no idea brother...that's the main problem.

Right now I spoke with my brother on MSN, and a loud speaker like him was talking very quietly. When I asked why he's talking so quietly, he said he can't speak too loud or else people might hear him. His (and many others') thought is that there's some big stuff going on in Bangladesh that we're not aware of. From his opinion, there is currently a pure army rule in Bangladesh. So no idea bhai, kisui bujhtesi na.
Old February 5, 2007, 01:07 AM

Well Kabir, your economist friend ( not lĂ­terally ) seems to be living in too much of conspiracy. He admitted that "Salman F Rahman is by far one of the most corrupt", but still saying "he's been charged with political corruption"! Salman F Rahman is a well known bankrupt business man, and still cant pay more than 400 crore taka to the bank, and has many other allegations on corruption. I don't know how your friend came to conclusion of "charged with political corruption", rather than charged on bankrupt or other corruption.

AL's Nasim has his own account of political corruption, as well as normal corruption as we can see on today's PA. And this time a lot of corrupted politicians were arrested from both party, but your friend termed it as 'personal issue' , "motives aren't the right ones" and finally "The interim government isn't an elected government"! which is basically come from diehard AL or BNP supporter, who cant see anything but conspiracy.

Gatekeeper is right on this matter, if we see the recent development closely how things are taking place ( for example new IGP and his speech, ACC chief's speech etc. ), there is very little chance for Tapan Chaudhury to take personal revenge on this issue ( the list ).

I am really surprised to see some people are repeatedly questioning this interim govt. legitimacy, intention, action and what not ( in other forums mostly ), saying they are working for Military mobs, destroying democracy, abusing human rights, selling the country to foreigner etc. Though they ( surrent CTG ) are doing their best so far and their intention is pretty much clear as we can see till date.
Old February 5, 2007, 01:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Ultimately we may see a Pakistan like situation where Khalda and Hasina (and their cronies) will be shipped out and made persona no grata a la Newaz Shrif/Benzir Bhutto. I for one have no problem with that. We just have to make sure that the country gets back some of the money these people stole.
Old February 5, 2007, 05:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatekeeper
Ultimately we may see a Pakistan like situation where Khalda and Hasina (and their cronies) will be shipped out and made persona no grata a la Newaz Shrif/Benzir Bhutto. I for one have no problem with that. We just have to make sure that the country gets back some of the money these people stole.
We are under military rue by proxy. And while thats not necessarily a bad thing, it would be unfortunate if AL/BNP corruption is stopped only for the army to loot the money.
Old February 5, 2007, 09:08 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

All 19 leaders are given 30 days detention. Metropolitan magistrate rejected their bail petition.

From BDNews
Quote:
The 19 leaders of BNP and Awami League arrested by the joint forces over the past two days have been given one month's detention and have been sent to Dhaka Central Jail.

Metropolitan magistrate Shafiq Anwar rejected their bail prayers Monday afternoon.

The BNP leaders whose bail prayers were rejected include former communication minister and BNP vice president Barrister Nazmul Huda. former prime minister Khaleda Zia's parliamentary affairs adviser Salauddin Quader Chowdhury, three state ministers of BNP-Jamaat alliance government- Iqbal Hasan Mahmud, Mir Mohammad Nasiruddin and Amanullah Aman, former MP Monzurul Islam Munshi, former finance minister Saifur Rahman's son and former MP Naser Rahman and former MP from Khagrachhari Abdul Wadud Bhuiyan.

The arrested Awami League leaders include: former home minister Mohammad Nasim and former state minister for planning Mohiuddin Khan Alamgir, Awami League president Sheikh Hasina's private sector development adviser business baron Salman F Rahman, central sub-committee assistant secretary former MP ANH Mostafa Kamal (Lotus Kamal) and Jatiya Sechchasevak League general secretary Pankaj Debnath.

Besides, Sheikh Hasina's personal assistant Dr Awlad Hossain, former student leader Jahangir Sattar Tinku, Hasina's assistant Mahmud Hasan Babul, CBA leaders Firoz Miah, Abdur Razzak and alleged top terrorist Shoeb Saeed Dikon were among the arrestees.

Last edited by reverse_swing; February 5, 2007 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: mod.link
Old February 5, 2007, 09:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

PoorFan bhai: I see your argument, and I see his one too. The problem is, since he's seen a few of these people and dealt with them closely, he does have some legitimate concerns over the main motives of a few of these people that he personally knows.

I personally believe that these arrests are being made only to destabilize the crime and to keep the election procedure clean (sort of). Due to these arrests, the influence of these political leaders and their cadres will be lowered, which MIGHT help in getting a much better, safer, and appropriate election process. Following are the reasons why I think so:
1. Sudden attempt to arrest the politicians left them with no option to leave some of their cadres in charge of continued effort in doing duinumberi during elections. That is not to say that it won't happen, but it is only to say that the big guys' absense will definitely make it worse for their cadres.
2. They've been detained for 1 month, meaning that it is not for charging them with crime, but for keeping them away.

From this perspective, yes that uncle (yes, he's not a friend ) is considering some of these as being motivated by illegitimate reasons even though he thinks these are the right things to do (although by not the right people...for some reasons). However, he also mentioned (which I forgot to mention last night when I posted the other msg) that this could only be for the election, after which they will probably be released.
Old February 5, 2007, 11:28 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাďż

Wishful thinking brother. I wish that day would come.

Have to say though, this was an unexpected surprise. A good one. Just not sure how this will play out in the long run.

Quote:
Old February 5, 2007, 11:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
Have to say though, this was an unexpected surprise. A good one. Just not sure how this will play out in the long run.
I have exactly same feelings.

People who are cheering, I can understand that. Also people who are concerned, I can also under stand that. There are lots of unknowns and uncertainity for the future. It can go either way (good or bad) in long term. I guess we need to wait and see.....but so far so good....
Old February 5, 2007, 11:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Bangladeshi elite society is a small community. They all got jack, man. Can't keep them inside for too long. I am already beyond "surprised" at what has been happening.
Old February 5, 2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I got the same info what gatekeeper said from a top govt. official of current govt.
The present caretaker govt. is going to arrange a "Gonovote" regarding the popularity of the current govt. and form a governing body with popular nutural national leaders such as Dr. Yunus to rule the country for next one to two years.
Old February 5, 2007, 12:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

These politicians need to be locked up for periods longer than 30days. I hope some corruption charges will be brought against them. Otherwise, this exercise will be futile.

I don't think the present caretaker govt will arrange gonovote and try to stick to power. I wish they take this route because the general people are looking for an option other than BNP-AL.
Old February 5, 2007, 03:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Yes, a very pleasant surprise, no doubt.
Old February 5, 2007, 03:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I can dream can't I?!!!!

Anyway, the Pakistan comparison is for Khaleda/Hasina's expulsion only, I obviously wouldn't want the Army to exsercise this much control for a prolonged period. But for now I'm loving it.
Old February 5, 2007, 03:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I got the same info what gatekeeper said from a top govt. official of current govt.
The present caretaker govt. is going to arrange a "Gonovote" regarding the popularity of the current govt. and form a governing body with popular nutural national leaders such as Dr. Yunus to rule the country for next one to two years.

Actually the info I had is that this was the original plan (export Khaleda/Hasina) but 'Beauty Apa' and her bosses objected.
Old February 5, 2007, 04:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

shehriyar, my unc has been arrested before for simalar offence, n u knw what , the police found NOTHING..and i assure u this time, they will find nothing on him..

kana baba, i can sense ur sarcasm, as i am worried ma self about waht they will do to him in prison in terms of torture but u knw what, my uncles a strong man, he can take the beef as he has done before, and will come out innocent and stronger than ever..

WATCH BOYS

xxx
Old February 5, 2007, 04:16 PM
Cricket Legend

I think it's better to say InshAllah when u say "will come out innocent and stronger than ever..".
May Allah guide us all in the right path.
Old February 5, 2007, 04:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Inshallah bruv
Old February 5, 2007, 04:23 PM
Cricket Legend

just heard from usual sources that Tarek Rahman is under house arrest.
Old February 5, 2007, 04:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
It could be Tariqul Islam not Tareq Rahman, who has been under house arrest.
Old February 5, 2007, 04:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
.... and my source (ofcourse that dudh-wala) was telling me Tarek Rahman is trying to negotiate a safe passage to Saudi Arabia by offering a large sum of money.

Tailey ki Beta Dudh Walar info is Bejal?
Old February 5, 2007, 04:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
.... and my source (ofcourse that dudh-wala) was telling me Tarek Rahman is trying to negotiate a safe passage to Saudi Arabia by offering a large sum of money.

Bejal na. Ektu pani misano arki.
Old February 5, 2007, 05:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
shehriyar, my unc has been arrested before for simalar offence, n u knw what , the police found NOTHING..and i assure u this time, they will find nothing on him..

kana baba, i can sense ur sarcasm, as i am worried ma self about waht they will do to him in prison in terms of torture but u knw what, my uncles a strong man, he can take the beef as he has done before, and will come out innocent and stronger than ever..

WATCH BOYS

xxx
Yes there is a high possibility of all these detainees coming out and walking free
again and that is the most frustrating part because everyone one of them are guilty of either criminal activities or financial crimes. If Bangladesh ever need to move forward we need to cleanse the country of these dirty politicians and businessmen. I really liked someone's opinion on this matter:"All their black money and illegal assets should be frozen and invested back into the development of the economy".
I dont know how old you are but if you cannot differentiate good from bad then you must be either very young or .........

Note: And it is SHAHRIYAR btw not shehriyar. Thank you for understanding.

Last edited by layperson; February 5, 2007 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: added note.
Old February 5, 2007, 06:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

My dudh-wala may have heard it from your dudh-wala.

Anyway, by 'usual' I mean I can neither trust it nor can I discount it, time will tell.
Old February 5, 2007, 06:29 PM
Cricket Legend

shAhriyar, u seem to know it all, so give me the proof which suggests my unc has taken all this so called money..show me a receipt, i want to see it formyself, but am tellin u this, ma manz innocent, he has been checked before by the bnp goverment and not a single penny had been found..same will happen this time..100% sure..

rite, am goin bak to count ma dollars now..inabit..