facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 10, 2007, 03:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outswinger
Shahriar Nafees would be a better captain than him ...
what is it dude? the goatee? the ability to speak english?

Old May 10, 2007, 04:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

because of his smile
Old May 10, 2007, 05:28 PM
Cricket Guru

there is no reason to keep Bashar in the team.. i think he should be removed be4 the next odi so that i dont have to fly to bangladesh to remove him myself!!!!
Old May 10, 2007, 05:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

It is very funny...I know that in this Forum there are some Habibul Lovers...but still they did not show up...why??? Come on guys...give your reason considering cricket Sense.
Old May 11, 2007, 06:08 AM
Test Cricketer

becoz he has a dazzling smile and so he should be in the team......
Old May 11, 2007, 06:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
becoz he has a dazzling smile and so he should be in the team......
Question to Basher: Give us a good reason
Answer- You guys will be missing my smile so i gotta continue.

Bash was one of my fav player but the way he ran himself out against Australia (Fatullah test match), he is not in my fav players list anymore. He doesn't desrve to be in BD team, let alone captaincy.
Old May 11, 2007, 06:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Because he is a true leader. I mean have you guys seen his smile? It's the smile of a man on a mission
Old May 11, 2007, 08:16 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saqibul hasan,tamim iqbal

b/c he is a cool headed guy on the field which helps to tame the jubilant youth
Old May 11, 2007, 09:36 AM
Street Cricketer

Bashar is obsessed with defensive fielding. You can hear the complains commentators were making about his poor fielding ploy for the last 10 matches. I have not seen any captain so defensive in world cricket.
In the world cup with Ireland most of their runs came from singles and he did not prevent that which was one of the main reasons for the defeat. Also in the other matches he did the same. He simply does not plug the singles. When a new batsman comes….. he gets easy singles. Bashar does not force him to play a risky shot which we also saw in world cup matches and Mirpur-1st match. Its a blunder.
And he does not place slip fielders on time but after the ball pass through. In the world cup and the 1st 1-day against India are the proof. His anticipation in this matter is below level than poor.
But surprise surprise when he get batting…. he attacks. He attacked the ball down the wicket with the second ball he faced on the 10th May match. It’s awful. England which was a laughing stock.
Conclusion...We won matches not through his captaincy or his role as a batsman but with the help of other players.
Now simply he is not intelligent enough to lead his team a captain.

Old May 11, 2007, 10:26 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mra
Keep in mind, youths need role model from amongst them, somebody they can emulate. Thanks for reading my post.
Very interesting point. Many in this forum need to understand this. Can I please suggest a thread that I had started a few days back?

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=20960

I still think Rasel is a better ODI bowler than Shahadat at the moment, but we should be using Shahadat along with Mash and Rasel. If we can only afford two pacers, Mash and Rasel are of the first choice.
Old May 11, 2007, 11:02 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbi
He attacked the ball down the wicket with the second ball he faced on the 10th May match.

He thought, if JO can connect and get the ball over the 30 yard, may be I should try too! Good lord, that will be a 4!! I will score 4!! Yes, yes, I gotta do it. I mean, what do I have to lose here? Out for a duck? Been there, done that..Raakhe Allah Mare ke, are Allah jodi na rakhe, ami keda taar kache?

The rest is..

Old May 11, 2007, 11:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I still think judging on his ODI performance you can't drop him from test. yes we have to pick him for the TEST and he does the same thing in TEST then drop him from there too. but i wont jump to the band wagon after seeing his performance in ODI and drop him from TEST. He is a poor performer in ODI always. He performed poorly in ODI even when he did got a lot of runs in TEST. And besides we don't have enough good players in TEST who can challenge him in his batting position.

BTW I think he needs to be dropped (days of retiring from ODI is gone) from ODI.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old May 11, 2007, 11:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

Follwoing is the right answer about sir Bashar:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Amarey kay jano jiggash korsilo (I am kind enough not to mention his name - when I had not included Sir Bashar in my desired test squad) did I came from Pabna?

For those who are screaming that he is the best test batsman that BD has produced, I only argue with them in one front. That is "he was not is". His is out of form, out of fitness, lacks cricketing knowledge to be a captain and no matter what game he is playing he can't run between the wickets. He is making BD play with 10 against 11. May be his negative/defensive field setting costing us 30 singles per game, letting opponent new batsmen get set, and few outs that we could have gotten.

I am challenging distinguished BC members cricketing sense. No Bashar for test either. He needs a total retirement. he has given us enough when we had nothing. I acknowlege that but he must not represent BD when he can't contribute on bowling, batting, fielding and captaining.
Old May 11, 2007, 11:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Amarey kay jano jiggash korsilo (I am kind enough not to mention his name - when I had not included Sir Bashar in my desired test squad) did I came from Pabna?

For those who are screaming that he is the best test batsman that BD has produced, I only argue with them in one front. That is "he was not is". His is out of form, out of fitness, lacks cricketing knowledge to be a captain and no matter what game he is playing he can't run between the wickets. He is making BD play with 10 against 11. May be his negative/defensive field setting costing us 30 singles per game, letting opponent new batsmen get set, and few outs that we could have gotten.

I am challenging distinguished BC members cricketing sense. No Bashar for test either. He needs a total retirement. he has given us enough when we had nothing. I acknowlege that but he must not represent BD when he can't contribute on bowling, batting, fielding and captaining.
Speaking as a distinguished BC member here

Bashar's one day batting and his overall captaincy was always poor. I wrote an article for BC last year reasoning for his exclusion from the one day outfit, both as a player and captain. After watching him over the years it was pretty apparent that he lacks the skills to be a good one day batsman, primarily because of his scoring shot areas ( cut and pull ) are effectively plugged, to go with his inability to play with dead bat for singles and find gaps . His sorry captaincy is well documented. I do not think he will recover as a batsman either. He was always reliant on quick eye so he could get well in position to play those pulls and cuts. Do you see him doing that anymore? No. His eyes has left him and when you lose your main weapon all other existing shortcomings will get magnified, like lack of footwork, diminishing power, sluggishness on the field etc etc. One day cricket is for busy cricketers and he is not that, he never was.

I will still give him the benefit of doubt for the test team, though a very slim one, based on his record and primarily because we havent' played a test for a while. So, benefit goes to him right now, but not for too long. I think he is finished as a batsman. The same problems he has with his one day game, won't go away that easily in test game as well, when your main weapon, his eyes are gone. He will struggle. But, the pressure is less. He can wait for the right ball to hit and defend. Not so in one day when you have to look for runs in almost every delivery..
Old May 11, 2007, 11:57 AM
Club Cricketer

if he gets a fifty in one of next two match im sure he won't quit... if can't score in next 2 game...he would gonna quit....
Old May 11, 2007, 11:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
An open question to all Habibul Lovers: Plz give us one good reason why we need him in the BD team.
Man, you have no idea what you are talking about. I can't find a bad reason, how am I supposed to find a good reason?
Old May 11, 2007, 12:08 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

New win team:

JO
Tamim
SN
Saqib
Ash
Aftab
Mushfiq
Mash
Rafiq
Razzaq
Shahadat

Cap: Golla or Rafiq. Habla needs to retire soon with his pretty good lip services from ODI. SN may give us more runs, as he did last year, than Habla.
Old May 11, 2007, 12:23 PM
Club Cricketer

if m.Vaughn can play 4 england when match after match he can's score,If J omar can plat aggresivley lik 10th may match where he didn't play lik dis in his whole life thn Y not Bashar ve a chance to play some games to prove himshelf.Look at Bashar's record as Captain.He is da best until now.He is da most prolific Batsman in BD history.another thing is Bd players r so young n they respect Bashar al the way.If bashar quits thn they also lost thier spirit,performance coz there r no 1 to defend them,n lastly Experience com 1st..........
Old May 11, 2007, 12:26 PM
Club Cricketer

o my god,1 good inning by JO n he become the captain of BD team.Thn Bashar bhai ki dosh korlo,Kalke jodi oo half century kore thn all BC members mind ill b changed....dis is rediculas,Jo re captain korbe ar JO vry match e amader 30 over e run hobe 50.agn CAptain theke baad.lol...faguner agun paani dorkar lol lol
Old May 11, 2007, 01:37 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I have been thinking could not find a reason for Bashar to stay as BD player?
He was a wonderful player once,but past is past, we are talikg about today.
Retire Habib bhai before people start hating you even more.
Old May 11, 2007, 01:44 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Bashar is a baggage of waste that is slowing our young players down.
Old May 11, 2007, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Old May 11, 2007, 01:53 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme

Chhi chii.. eshob ki hocchhe!
Old May 11, 2007, 02:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

how could you say no to this face
Old May 11, 2007, 07:53 PM
Street Cricketer

Indian former batsman wrote an article about first 1st one dayer. He commented that Bashar's defensive fielding during Dhoni and Kartik's batting was one of the main reasons for the defeat. Fielders were close to boundry line but they milking 1 or two runs. Basher only looked at it did nothing.
Pathetic.