facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 10, 2007, 08:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Cool down now... its just a defeat!

I can see the whole forum going crazy already after BD's today's defeat against India. So many threads poped up blaming the selectors/habibul/jo/shahadat/umpires... and what not.

Its plain and simple actually. It was a great game of cricket in the end... and the team that played well has won! Its true that there were some bad umpiring decisions.. but that does happen in cricket!

In the end... it is nothing more than a defeat and even on defeat BD surely proved one point today... that their WC win was well deserved and BD team can challange any team to sweat hard to win against them. And surely BD has clearly shown that they are very much capable of winning the remaining 2 matches in the series!!

So.. cool down everyone!!
As fans... these situations are new to us... but its time we start learning to accept defeats without going wild and crazy!

Old May 10, 2007, 09:02 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Ash, Sakib, Mash

yh guys so wt u lost 1..inshallah we will win the other two...u don't wanna b lyk indian supporters
Old May 10, 2007, 09:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I am on a cool down mode. But 250 in 47 overs in this pitch was a good total to defend. Those who can't see the faults would continue to support the mistakes.

1) selectors
2) habibul fans

There is no reason for him to continue as a BD national team player.
Old May 10, 2007, 09:04 AM
ODI Cricketer

u see its very simple, had mortaza played we would of won.
Old May 10, 2007, 09:06 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Ash, Sakib, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6alltheway
yep true say...hope he gets well sooon
Old May 10, 2007, 09:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

The only thing bothers me is we could've won the game easily. We just gave it up.
Old May 10, 2007, 09:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Opportunities come in ages...if we can't grab them in a timely manner do you think reality is nice enough to repeat it and create opportunities like this next two games?
Old May 10, 2007, 09:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6alltheway
fine, but he can't play every game...we have to find ways to win without him.

this loss was particularily dissappointing for me, i dont know why. i guess it was because of the total we posted. losses are natural even after putting a good score on the board, but still...

without watching the game, i would say probably bashar's captaincy again cost us the match. JO played a hell of an innings, and yes shahadat was loose, but blame was on the spinners (minus saqib) and bashar's captaincy.

now the spinners can be let off the hook, because how many times to they struggle? how many games have rafique and razzak brought us glory? the answer is many times. they are bound to mess up, just as rasel and rajib are bound to get hit once in a while; neither is a mashrafee.

but bashar's continued captaincy woes are troubling, because they are happening time and again and only his poor batting form will be ending that anytime soon.

we should be thankful of his poor batting form as of late, and can only hope it doesn't extend to the 5 day games.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 10, 2007, 09:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
The only thing bothers me is we could've won the game easily. We just gave it up.
We gave up because our captain gave up. Even when they were 199 or 201 he didn't press. he had his regular field setting and that's it. Whereas, When India could not dislodge our opener in the first 10 overs, Dravid didn't take the powerplay and brought in the spinners to slow down the runrate and was successful. That made Tamim going bonkers before he could get his 45. And the moment he got out a new batsmen came in he took the powerplay and pressed. Not only the new batsman our capitan shaheb gift his wicket but that mini hiccup was good enough to stall the runrate.
Old May 10, 2007, 09:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
I can see the whole forum going crazy already after BD's today's defeat against India. So many threads poped up blaming the selectors/habibul/jo/shahadat/umpires... and what not.

Its plain and simple actually. It was a great game of cricket in the end... and the team that played well has won! Its true that there were some bad umpiring decisions.. but that does happen in cricket!

In the end... it is nothing more than a defeat and even on defeat BD surely proved one point today... that their WC win was well deserved and BD team can challange any team to sweat hard to win against them. And surely BD has clearly shown that they are very much capable of winning the remaining 2 matches in the series!!

So.. cool down everyone!!
As fans... these situations are new to us... but its time we start learning to accept defeats without going wild and crazy!
So do you think we shouldn't blame Asoka? And still the captaincy was below per average level. I don't wanna replace Bashar till he is gonna retire. He deserves that honour from us. But I think still he should use the grey matters in his brain.
Old May 10, 2007, 09:32 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sami, Afridi, Asif, Shoby

i think bangladeshi fans shud b used to to these conditions

PAKISTAN
Old May 10, 2007, 09:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pak_rox
what condition r u talking about?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old May 10, 2007, 09:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash,Mushi &Tamim

it's jus a defeat calm down!!!!!!lol
Old May 10, 2007, 10:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
We gave up because our captain gave up. Even when they were 199 or 201 he didn't press. he had his regular field setting and that's it. Whereas, When India could not dislodge our opener in the first 10 overs, Dravid didn't take the powerplay and brought in the spinners to slow down the runrate and was successful. That made Tamim going bonkers before he could get his 45. And the moment he got out a new batsmen came in he took the powerplay and pressed. Not only the new batsman our capitan shaheb gift his wicket but that mini hiccup was good enough to stall the runrate.
T_E bhai perfectly pointed out. On the other hand , Sir Habibul Bashar (excuse me if I direspect you Sir) continued his 'mukhosto' captaincy.
Old May 10, 2007, 10:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
fine, but he can't play every game...we have to find ways to win without him.

this loss was particularily dissappointing for me, i dont know why. i guess it was because of the total we posted. losses are natural even after putting a good score on the board, but still...

without watching the game, i would say probably bashar's captaincy again cost us the match. JO played a hell of an innings, and yes shahadat was loose, but blame was on the spinners (minus saqib) and bashar's captaincy.

now the spinners can be let off the hook, because how many times to they struggle? how many games have rafique and razzak brought us glory? the answer is many times. they are bound to mess up, just as rasel and rajib are bound to get hit once in a while; neither is a mashrafee.

but bashar's continued captaincy woes are troubling, because they are happening time and again and only his poor batting form will be ending that anytime soon.

we should be thankful of his poor batting form as of late, and can only hope it doesn't extend to the 5 day games.
lets hope this series is indeed his last.
Old May 10, 2007, 10:53 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
So do you think we shouldn't blame Asoka? And still the captaincy was below per average level. I don't wanna replace Bashar till he is gonna retire. He deserves that honour from us. But I think still he should use the grey matters in his brain.
If you want to get critical on today's BD loss...OK so be it! Lets take a look at what things went wrong for BD today:

1) Mashrafee did not play: He would have added atleast 20 more runs to BD's total while batting... and while bowling... wel... you know that too!

2)BD Bowling: Shahadats economy was 6.14 and Afab's was 6.50. This much is not unexpected. But take a look at our other best bowler's economies:
Syed Rasel-7.33
Mohammad Rafique-4.70
Saqibul Hasan-4.77
**Our three main spinners got only 2 (both Saqib) wickets and not any more.

3)There were several bad fieldings and missed run-out chances.
4)Bad umpiring decisions
5)Bashar's defensive stratege ofcourse!
6)Spirited performance from Indian youth which lifted the game of Indian side a lot.

Now... with so many factors causing such a defeat, if someone just blames the whole thing on Bashar and Ashoka.. I would have to say he/she is looking at the game with one eye only.

Not every game that BD plays will be clear wins or clear defeats. Some of them will be tight ones like today. And on some of those occasions, BD will lose. Sometimes it will be BD's own fault, sometimes it will simply be the other side's credit.

It's part of the game... the whole thing!!
Old May 10, 2007, 11:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pak_rox
Yah we are used to it as De Silva did the same awhen we were almost won against you in Multan
Old May 10, 2007, 11:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
If you want to get critical on today's BD loss...OK so be it! Lets take a look at what things went wrong for BD today:

1) Mashrafee did not play: He would have added atleast 20 more runs to BD's total while batting... and while bowling... wel... you know that too!

2)BD Bowling: Shahadats economy was 6.14 and Afab's was 6.50. This much is not unexpected. But take a look at our other best bowler's economies:
Syed Rasel-7.33
Mohammad Rafique-4.70
Saqibul Hasan-4.77
**Our three main spinners got only 2 (both Saqib) wickets and not any more.

3)There were several bad fieldings and missed run-out chances.
4)Bad umpiring decisions
5)Bashar's defensive stratege ofcourse!
6)Spirited performance from Indian youth which lifted the game of Indian side a lot.

Now... with so many factors causing such a defeat, if someone just blames the whole thing on Bashar and Ashoka.. I would have to say he/she is looking at the game with one eye only.

Not every game that BD plays will be clear wins or clear defeats. Some of them will be tight ones like today. And on some of those occasions, BD will lose. Sometimes it will be BD's own fault, sometimes it will simply be the other side's credit.

It's part of the game... the whole thing!!
Ahmed bhai,
Let me be clear, I am not blaming Ashoka. #4 is out.

No one can say if Mash's inclusion would have been a huge decision changer. What if he broke down after 5 overs? Then Aftab would had to pick up the slack. So the Mash don't factor in my equation of defeat. Two ifs negates each other.

Now the rest of the points you have, except #5, all had to do with the opponents play.

We had full control on #5 only. I mean #5 is the only reason that we could change ourselves. And rightly so I put 100% blame on that issue.

This is just a cricket game I know. But winning is the ultimate goal for every team. If we had done everything that was possible and still lose, I would create this type of thread before you. But we didn't. The only positive I get is we can improve in this series just by getting rid of a non-performing team member.
Old May 10, 2007, 01:08 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Ahmed bhai,
Let me be clear, I am not blaming Ashoka. #4 is out.

No one can say if Mash's inclusion would have been a huge decision changer. What if he broke down after 5 overs? Then Aftab would had to pick up the slack. So the Mash don't factor in my equation of defeat. Two ifs negates each other.

Now the rest of the points you have, except #5, all had to do with the opponents play.

We had full control on #5 only. I mean #5 is the only reason that we could change ourselves. And rightly so I put 100% blame on that issue.
All I can say is.... that we just have very different views in this point here.
Old May 10, 2007, 01:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

I agree. We can not expect to win against a team like India in every matches. We tried our best and eventually it was good game of cricket. Proud to be a Tiger fan.
We should not get impatient and do something silly. Just hang on to it, work hard and we are on the right direction to become a good cricketing natrion.
Old May 10, 2007, 01:22 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

agreed that we are in the right directions, but still we need to improve our temperament of big matches. But my major headache is that we are not learning from our mistakes and doing similar errors over and over again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana-Baba
We should not get impatient and do something silly. Just hang on to it, work hard and we are on the right direction to become a good cricketing natrion.
Old May 10, 2007, 01:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

we wil cool down when bashar quits from ONE dAY.. as lont as he stays.. we willl not win against big brothers...
Old May 10, 2007, 02:17 PM
First Class Cricketer

the saddest thing is.... this sort of stupid umpiring incident keeps on happening against us... we and not a world class team like Australia and we win some matches once in a while.... we cant afford the luck not to go our way...
yea... still its just one match... but we were so close to a win....
Old May 10, 2007, 02:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Master Blaster

you are right bro, but we are angry and furious because of the close foolish defeat. only few singles and doubles changed the whole game. 107 runs partnership was never possible, if there was a single man with a single brain had the authority to change the fielding positions.
Old May 10, 2007, 02:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Akhono Bhalu Bhabe Hot-ee Hoitey Parlam na...coool hobo Kemney......

........ Shhhhhhaaaaaalllllllaaaaaaarrrr Beeeeeeetttttttaaaaaa Koooononnnoo kajer na...... Maaaaaaarrrrrr Shhhhhaaaalllllllaaaaaarey !!!!

Now I need to cool doen.