facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old April 9, 2008, 04:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Barca vs ManU semi-final it is..... should be great.....

go Barca....

Old April 10, 2008, 01:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
SF lineup -
Liv vs Chelsea
Manutd vs Barca
Lets just get straight to the final, Liverpool ala New York (American)football Giants going to do their revenge tour.

Arsenal: Check
Chelsea: Soon to be check
Man U: Soon to be 6 time European Champions

No Messi, No Dinho, I don't think Barca have a chance in hell. Chelsea beating liverpool in Europe Cup competition? Ha wouldn't be surprised if it was another 0-0 for both legs to PK's tho.

Rafa wins the CL, Quits blames it on the American Owner. American Owner gets death millions if Death threats decides to sell the team.
Old April 10, 2008, 03:39 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Liverpool can only win the CL, because that's all they ever compete for, cup competitions. They don't have the endurance or ambition to win the league. Instead they rest their players to have them fresh for the CL and settle for 4th place in the league. At least in this case Rafa can justify his rotation policy. What bothers me though is, how does one participate in the "Champions" league without actually being "champions" in their country for 18 years?! Isn't being champions of Europe supposed to be determined by the "best" teams of Europe from their respective countries, and not simply the best teams in the competition?
Old April 10, 2008, 09:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Why play the game? Just hand the trophy to Manure. It is their birth right I presume.
Old April 10, 2008, 11:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Liverpool can only win the CL, because that's all they ever compete for, cup competitions. They don't have the endurance or ambition to win the league. Instead they rest their players to have them fresh for the CL and settle for 4th place in the league. At least in this case Rafa can justify his rotation policy. What bothers me though is, how does one participate in the "Champions" league without actually being "champions" in their country for 18 years?! Isn't being champions of Europe supposed to be determined by the "best" teams of Europe from their respective countries, and not simply the best teams in the competition?
I hear you. They haven't even won the EPL since it came around. Joke..
Old April 10, 2008, 07:12 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Why play the game? Just hand the trophy to Manure. It is their birth right I presume.
Truth hurts doesn't it? It is not a birth right, it is a right that should be earned by first becoming champions or at least runners-up in your own league. If a 4th placed team in the league wins the CL, it will have no meaning or glory, because it doesn't prove they are the best, because even the best team can lose to a better prepared team in a knockout competition. But a team that wins their league after an arduous season and then beats other champions of Europe who have done the same, that would have the true and fair meaning of a Champion, which can't be said about Liverpoop.
Old April 10, 2008, 07:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Champions League is determined the Best Teams in Europe, so the best 4 English Clubs get in and rightfully so, the Best 4 Best Italian Sides get in as well and the respective counties get X number of teams in as well. Who says finishing 4th is a tough task and 27 other teams try to play for the coveted CL spot.

So is the EPL #4 beat the Serie A #1 twice to in a 2 leg aggregate to win, what does that about the strength of the EPL and that it deserves it's 4 bids. United Fans are getting a little nervous that might play Liverpool in Moscow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_Eye
5-2 Liverpool in CL, United fans don't wanna hear from Liverpool fans for another year on how they dominated Europe. I have a little cousin he's a diehard liverpool supporter, the rest of his bro and sisters are united supporters. He takes alot of from them, they press the little red button on the TV to get score updates and watch MOTD on BBC alot. I'm rooting for Liverpool to win for him, he hasn't been able to say much since 05, it'll Change in 08.

They have the pedigree the experience, they get the Job done in Europe, haters can't seem to see that.
Old April 10, 2008, 08:25 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Champions League is determined the Best Teams in Europe, so the best 4 English Clubs get in and rightfully so, the Best 4 Best Italian Sides get in as well and the respective counties get X number of teams in as well. Who says finishing 4th is a tough task and 27 other teams try to play for the coveted CL spot.

So is the EPL #4 beat the Serie A #1 twice to in a 2 leg aggregate to win, what does that about the strength of the EPL and that it deserves it's 4 bids. United Fans are getting a little nervous that might play Liverpool in Moscow
If you read what I've said correctly, the champions league should be played by teams who actually fight for their own respective leagues, and not settle for 4th spot, which IS easy for a club with Liverpool's resources. The same applies to other European teams. The champions league should be an even and fair playing ground for teams who all suffer fatigue and injuries from chasing their own leagues to deserve their places, not teams like Liverpool who keep their squad fresh at the comfort zone of 4th place. They would not beat the Serie A #1 so easily if they actually had to struggle for their place in the CL, and using your logic of the EPL's strength, the top teams in it should have to fight harder for their place in the CL, because the gulf of difference between the top 4 in EPL and the rest is huge.
Old April 10, 2008, 08:44 PM
Cricket Guru

I just thought they were just plain bad for the a good 2 months, Klinsman was going to take Rafa Job, than I think Liverpool were smart they knew they couldn't win League and they took advantage of a soft part in their schedule (I know most teams in EPL should be a cakewalk for a team Liverpool) and set some Goals for the rest of the season

In terms of importance

1) Beat Everton and Villa for the #4 spot
2) Champions League
3) Get to Wembley

Rafa is a smart dude, I think no team plays for #4. There goal is to win the league. It just so happens that they play a style of Soccer that is suited for Cups and they fell 15 pts back and than just changed there goals for the season. Look at Tottenham there manager plays a style thats suited for Cups or they just put more importance in Cups. Shame they lost to PSV. They got the free trip to UEFA Cup to next tho.
Old April 10, 2008, 09:13 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Well it seems to be the case for the past 18 years, not just Rafa's reign. I mean how many managers have Liverpool had in this time? 5? No wonder they call it 5/18. CL is supposed to be the proving ground for the best teams who can adapt their style of football and work hard to be in it, not teams who can play only one style of football.

That's why I think the rules should be changed to ensure this happens for the fairness and competitiveness of the tournament. In fact, change would do Liverpool a lot of good.
Old April 13, 2008, 02:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Well it seems to be the case for the past 18 years, not just Rafa's reign. I mean how many managers have Liverpool had in this time? 5? No wonder they call it 5/18. CL is supposed to be the proving ground for the best teams who can adapt their style of football and work hard to be in it, not teams who can play only one style of football.

That's why I think the rules should be changed to ensure this happens for the fairness and competitiveness of the tournament. In fact, change would do Liverpool a lot of good.
Spot on HB, especially when it comes to your assessment of Rafa's "Eurocentrism".

We'll never win the league with mediocre players like Kuyt, Carragher and (barf !) Crouch. These guys are better off playing for sides like West Ham.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; April 13, 2008 at 04:11 AM..
Old April 14, 2008, 01:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Sohel_NR, Carragher is not mediocre, he is one of 4 players who may form the spine of a title challenging Liverpool, others being Gerrard, Mascherano and Torres

On ither hand, Liverpool have been incredibly lucky in Europe this season, and dont deserve to be in the semis. I am also tired hearing how next season will be "Liverpool's year", and mostly by Christmas we know they are not going to win the title. A huge reason why they do well the CL is because they concentrate on that competition alone, and aim only for 4th or 3rd position every season....
Old April 14, 2008, 01:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman

They have the pedigree the experience, they get the Job done in Europe, haters can't seem to see that.
It sure helps when referees wear a Liverpool shirt, 2 penalty decisions , both in their favor against Arsenal, also contentious red cards

It may be exagerration, but sometimes all Liverpool seem to do in the CL is score a flukey goal, sometimes through a Gerrard dive, and then park ten players ahead of the goal, that has changed abit since Torres came.

And they call that "Benitez's master tactics"
Old April 14, 2008, 10:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Without Torres this season they would have played in UEFA cup. Has there ever been a team more overrated than Liverpool?
Old April 15, 2008, 01:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Without Torres this season they would have played in UEFA cup. Has there ever been a team more overrated than Liverpool?
Ajaira kaustoda dili bhai ...

AF, Giggs, CR, Rooney, Tevez, Saha ar bakigulare chhrarha tora kothay thakti ? !

Abe amago pichhe na laigga sudhu Chesea ar Pachharlal-er picche lagle kon mohabharot ausuddho hoya jay bhai ?
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; April 15, 2008 at 02:04 AM..
Old April 15, 2008, 10:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Ajaira kaustoda dili bhai ...

AF, Giggs, CR, Rooney, Tevez, Saha ar bakigulare chhrarha tora kothay thakti ? !

Abe amago pichhe na laigga sudhu Chesea ar Pachharlal-er picche lagle kon mohabharot ausuddho hoya jay bhai ?
maf chai. ar lagbo na Liverpool er piche. One day when they come up to our level, maybe only then should I revive the old hatred
Old April 15, 2008, 11:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
maf chai. ar lagbo na Liverpool er piche. One day when they come up to our level, maybe only then should I revive the old hatred
Thanku bhaya, bheri dichent ob iu.

As far as the "level" is concerned, I don't think there's anything to worry about as long as Rafa's there ... outside the CL that is.

Carragher, Kuyt, and Crouch will always keep yawl a class above.
Old April 15, 2008, 12:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Kuyt is a very had worker. Carragher is solid. Crouch rarely plays bro.
Old April 15, 2008, 12:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Kuyt is a very had worker. Carragher is solid. Crouch rarely plays bro.
PLEASE Beamo ! These guys should be playing for Everton, not a team after the EPL title !

Dork IS a hard worker who runs around like a possessed little albino after balls he loses himself. Carragher gets caught out of position in EVERY match and contributes to the other team. Crouch is .5 skilled/2.75 slow, meaning totally useless !

Will YOU have them ? Didn't think so ...

Last edited by Sohel; April 15, 2008 at 11:37 PM..
Old April 15, 2008, 12:54 PM
Cricket Guru

ha ha..Liverpool oder rakhle amader jonno bhalo. jitar chance beshi..Kuyt works hard though. I like the Spurs, my second fav team. You guys must hate Everton, fellow Merseysiders...
Old April 15, 2008, 12:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
ha ha..Liverpool oder rakhle amader jonno bhalo. jitar chance beshi..Kuyt works hard though. I like the Spurs, my second fav team. You guys must hate Everton, fellow Merseysiders...
Eibar asol jaygay tip marchho !

Ebharton-er kautha Rooney-re jigao guiya, tauhon bujhba halara koun dokaner chaul khaya futani mare ...

Last edited by Sohel; April 15, 2008 at 01:08 PM..
Old April 15, 2008, 02:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Default I hope United are ready ....

Old April 15, 2008, 06:03 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

An extract from Torres' autobiography...

"Flying into Manchester airport for the signing was one of the most exciting days of my career. The limo transferring me took a while longer to reach the ground than I expected but once there I was greeted by a sea of red. The chanting and atmosphere were brilliant and it all passed by in a blur.

Once inside the ground I was greeted by the manager, the first time we had met face to face. He was a lot heavier than I expected but spoke to me in good Spanish which made me feel most welcome. We went straight into a conference room for the official signing.

After I had put pen to paper the manager turned to me and said "Welcome to the biggest club in the World".

I said thank you and asked "When will I meet Wayne and Cristiano"?

There followed about ten minutes of confusion from which it transpired that there are two clubs in the North West of England known as the "Reds" and my idiot agent had got them mixed up.

However I had signed so had to get on with it. Benitez was known as the "Gaffer". I asked Stevie G (the only other player at the club who could control the ball) why this was.

He explained that in English "gaffe" is an embarassing mistake. Apparently even the owners called Rafa "gaffer".

All I can do now is play really well and hope that Real, Barca or possibly Barnsley come and save me from my nightmare.

Some days after training I drive from Liverpool to Manchester and sit outside Old Trafford and dream of what might have been. I can sit there for hours.

Then Stevie will nudge me and say "Come on Nando, we have to go back".

We drive silently back to the gaffer.

Taken from "How did I get here?" by Fernando Torres.
Old April 16, 2008, 02:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
An extract from Torres' autobiography...

"Flying into Manchester airport for the signing was one of the most exciting days of my career. The limo transferring me took a while longer to reach the ground than I expected but once there I was greeted by a sea of red. The chanting and atmosphere were brilliant and it all passed by in a blur.

Once inside the ground I was greeted by the manager, the first time we had met face to face. He was a lot heavier than I expected but spoke to me in good Spanish which made me feel most welcome. We went straight into a conference room for the official signing.

After I had put pen to paper the manager turned to me and said "Welcome to the biggest club in the World".

I said thank you and asked "When will I meet Wayne and Cristiano"?

There followed about ten minutes of confusion from which it transpired that there are two clubs in the North West of England known as the "Reds" and my idiot agent had got them mixed up.

However I had signed so had to get on with it. Benitez was known as the "Gaffer". I asked Stevie G (the only other player at the club who could control the ball) why this was.

He explained that in English "gaffe" is an embarassing mistake. Apparently even the owners called Rafa "gaffer".

All I can do now is play really well and hope that Real, Barca or possibly Barnsley come and save me from my nightmare.

Some days after training I drive from Liverpool to Manchester and sit outside Old Trafford and dream of what might have been. I can sit there for hours.

Then Stevie will nudge me and say "Come on Nando, we have to go back".

We drive silently back to the gaffer.

Taken from "How did I get here?" by Fernando Torres.
... EXCEPTIONAL stuff, thanks HB ! Good fiction extrpolates the painful truth better than just ordinary facts in all of their sterile glory.

Loved the ending. I can just see their faces in the car.

Like a couple of kids who realized just how wrong a blind date can possibly go, Fernando and Stevie contemplate the extreme awkwardness of the silence between them, and try to breathe through the heavy lesbian air of Gaffa waiting to be serenaded at the end of the drive.

Gaffa, being an Iberian chauvinist, hates Brazilians and Africans and would never dream of finding exciting and ball-skilled young prospects there.

Then there's his beef with the French ! Samir Nasri, Karim Benzema, even Govu can be pursued, but never will be as long as the G-man manages to avoid the inevitable boot with "his" CL achievements.

He digs the Dutch. Fine.

If the holy trinity of wooden shoes, windmills and being perpetually stoned is what does it for you, you can always try and get a guy like Huntelaar. But noo, Dorks on crack and pony tailed Ukrainians not good enough to start for Dynamo Kiev are good enough ! Then we have a middle-aged Finnish defenseman who thinks of himself as "good with the head" !

Anyway, the only other thing that really trips me out about the man, aside from the fact that he has now clue as to how swiftly his American bosses can fire his @$$ is he fails to win the CL and he will fail, is how he looks like an older, and less handsome version of his chandiwala keeper.

Grrrr !

Last edited by Sohel; April 16, 2008 at 04:15 AM..
Old April 16, 2008, 04:53 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Speaking of signings, I'd very much like to see United pursue the likes of Benzema, David Villa and Huntelaar, who I wanted to be signed last year. Sir Alex said there wouldn't as many signings this year, but we might get a striker and fullback. Saha might be shipped off since he's injured most of the time. We have a few young and home grown striker prospects, but could use an out-n-out striker, and a quality right-back along likes of Lahm or Bosingwa.