facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 16, 2007, 08:39 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

count me into the anti kapali club.

Old November 16, 2007, 08:49 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
Kapali is the most overrated cricketer Bangladesh has ever produced. Heck I would even go as far and say he is the most overrated cricketer I have seen play cricket at the international level. Period. Until he proves me wrong at the international level ( which I am willing to bet would never happen) I have every reason to want him to stay out of the national team.
How can he prove you wrong if he stays out of the team?
Old November 16, 2007, 08:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

All the wood-worms are comming out of the cabinet...
Old November 16, 2007, 09:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Sohel bhai Jindabad on Rasel's analysis. Now you need to give him some tips on body building technic. Muscle mass. Appropriate weight training!!
I don't think increasing your muscle mass makes you faster. There are two kind of muscle fibre in your body - red (fast twitch) and white (slow twitch). For fast bowlers, as you can guess, you need a high percentage of red muscle fiber. Although by endurance exercises you can increase red fiber by a small percentage, proportion of the muscle fibre types in your body is largely inherited. Rasel, in his life so far, has played so many matches (club, age group, FC, A-team, national team) and bowled so many overs (which is a very heavy workout), he should have reached the limit how much he can improve muscle fiber composition in his body by now.
Old November 16, 2007, 09:34 PM
Cricket Guru

OH NO!!!! WHATS HAPPENING IN HERE!!!!!
Old November 16, 2007, 09:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Sohel bhai, I always enjoy reading your posts. But isn't it hasty to write Nazimuddin off after watching him in only two FC innings ? As people already said, T20 performances should not be given too much weight (in the good way or the bad way).
Old November 16, 2007, 10:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Sohel is taking this kapali thing to a whole new level. He is not nearly as wise as his writing skill suggests. It fools many in this board including himself. Sorry that i had to say it.

Last edited by GuruTM; November 16, 2007 at 10:17 PM..
Old November 16, 2007, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Age does not necessarily bring wisdom. With one exception.
Old November 16, 2007, 10:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
kusta-kosti hoitese ekhani...jao eeta chhoto der dekha ucheet na.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 16, 2007, 10:20 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash,Shakib,Dhiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
The immensely talented Alok Kapali, on the other hand, has yet to prove himself at the highest level despite a promising start to his international career as demonstrated by his first 29 ODI matches, and exceptional performances in the NCL.
Have you seen the number of times he plays across the line gets plumb in front, the way he fishes at deliveries, the way the he plays the drive uppishly

makes me wonder what's the definition of talent to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Just a reminder to everyone.

According to local coaches (Academy and Shaun), Nazimuddin is a sound player with good technique and is a very capable hook and pull shot player.
It is true that he plays the hook and pull shot well but he had problems with swing bowling right from the U-19s and still has (I am not basing it on T20 performance but what his coaches right from the age group level had said). Did you remeber the time he was demoted to number 6 from top order just because of his incapability to play swing bowling some years back.

Quote:
Syed Rasel are rare exceptions of technically limited players who actually showed improvement at highest levels.
Pace has nothing to do with technique as it is a natural thing. This guy can move it both ways and has all the variations but just not blessed with pace.

Quote:
And defnitely another technically deficient player is Habibul Bashar who scored more runs than anyone else and was exceptionally consistent for most part of his career.

He is technically pretty poor. He was talented with great hand eye coordination but he had a technique that's crap. Not his fault as he started his caeer in an era where they practiced in concrete pitches and frequently player matches in astro-turf. God knows how good he would have been if he had the guidance that Tamim, Shakib are having.

Quote:
Farhad Reza’s ability to bowl at 135 to 140 KMPH as we gleefully revisit our childhood faith in the Tooth Fairy, again mesmerized by the wisdom trickling down from the wise men above.

Who knows, maybe the interestingly named Marshall Ayub*, not quite good enough to feature well in domestic First Class cricket, is indeed the next Shane Warne?
Quite distasteful. Just because some one said something unknowigly doesn't mean you have to make fun of it all the time.

Quote:
Or Iftekhar Nayeem Ahmed, not good enough to be in the U-19 squad bound for Pakistan, is the next Brian Charles Lara?
BTW he is technically more correct than his brother and Tamim. Have you ever seen him bat?
Old November 16, 2007, 10:28 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
One of the few things that makes a forum complete
Old November 17, 2007, 12:57 AM
BC Editorial Team

Where do you guys find the time .... Seriously ... Sorry ...sorry the whole two children and balancing work is driving me nuts ...
Old November 17, 2007, 01:29 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Dear wiseshah, feeling honored to learn that. Trust me I will be happy if Kapali can prove me wrong and performs at international level.

If a player consistently fails to deliver, it affects the overall performance of the team, and this is the sole reason, nothing personal.

I agree with u. but i think he is trying hard to prove himself. A fit and inform kapali is consider an asset for the team. Actually i was also pissed, when i saw him, not performing in the last tour and 20/20 (which doesnt count much). I think he deserve another chance, if not ODI, it can be in the test matches. I am against too many new faces in the team. i think player should be more experienced before they get international cap.
Old November 17, 2007, 02:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i feel perhaps i might have kind of started this...well intentioned thought it was. but i did want to start a genuine alok debate - how else can one get the older BC members into posting on BC?

however it now appears that the arguments have degenerated to the point of disagreeing with everything someone else says just to spite them.

no one of the senior batsman is performing consistently enough.

on top of that we have a national disaster back home.

but there is a bit of good news: i just saved a small amount on my car insurances by switching to geico.
Yeah..Asad..what's the matter with you? All your fault buddy..

We are all a bit bored. No games. Got it handed to us all summer by India and Sri Lanka. As soon as Siddons joins and camp starts, fugget about it, lets go hunt some kiwi birds? Shall we?
Old November 17, 2007, 02:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Deleted

Last edited by One World; November 17, 2007 at 02:49 AM..
Old November 17, 2007, 02:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i feel perhaps i might have kind of started this...well intentioned thought it was. but i did want to start a genuine alok debate - how else can one get the older BC members into posting on BC?

however it now appears that the arguments have degenerated to the point of disagreeing with everything someone else says just to spite them.

no one of the senior batsman is performing consistently enough.

on top of that we have a national disaster back home.

but there is a bit of good news: i just saved a small amount on my car insurances by switching to geico.
have you offered the best man job of your holy matrimony to the gecco? (the gecco has an aussie accent)
Old November 17, 2007, 03:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
One of the few things that makes a forum complete
Dude, help me stop laughing please, i can't stop laughing. one of the funniest posts i have ever seen in BC.
Old November 17, 2007, 03:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib

I wanna say something to all the members. please everyone here in BC, Would you try to stop this. if you won't then provoke either. i have seen that both Sohel_NR bro and Miraz bro that when in a thread they stop posting or forget about that suddenly someone come from nowhere and give it a pinch. if we can't stop them then we should not proboke them either. have fun.

This One For Both Of You Guys
Old November 17, 2007, 03:17 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrong_'un
He is technically pretty poor. He was talented with great hand eye coordination but he had a technique that's crap. Not his fault as he started his caeer in an era where they practiced in concrete pitches and frequently player matches in astro-turf. God knows how good he would have been if he had the guidance that Tamim, Shakib are having.
Well Habibul is not definitely technically most sound player, but he is not a technically poor player (or technically limited) either.

Except sharp incoming deliveries and rising deliveries outside the off stump, Habibul can easily handle most other type of deliveries, and he has got almost every shot of the book. Moreover he is a pretty good player of spin.

Now the way he plays, sometimes his defensive technique looks poor and he keeps missing the rising deliveries outside the off stump while trying to cut them, this is a part of his game. He is a compulsive hook or pull shot player which is another weakness, but that's his style of play and he has scored good amount of international runs with these two shots.

Everyone has weaknesses, Habibul sometimes exposes them but compensates well with the help of an excellent hand-eye coordination.
Old November 17, 2007, 03:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Cant agree with miraz bhai on Habibul Bashar. He was by far the most technically deficient player to successfully average over 30 in test matches. He was always committed to the front foot and had a very awkward way of executing his shots. When he played the pull or hook he was still committed to his front foot but just managed to transfer the weight behind . Habibul Bashar er technique kono dik diye bhalo nah. He had terrific hand eye coordination which made him successful IMO.

Last edited by layperson; November 17, 2007 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: Beamer bhai er suggestion made sense. So changed everything into past tense. :)
Old November 17, 2007, 03:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
How can he prove you wrong if he stays out of the team?
Hahaha cheeky !!! I meant at the international stage as in playing for A team or developement squad against international opposition in foreign pitches and being successful consistently. Only then we should allow him to come near the national team. However I am certain he will fail miserably and wont be proving me wrong in this lifetime.
Old November 17, 2007, 03:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Age does not necessarily bring wisdom. With one exception.
Thank you, thank you. I know wisdom just oozes out of me for each minute I grow older.
Old November 17, 2007, 04:13 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
Cant agree with miraz bhai on Habibul Bashar. He is by far the most technically deficient player to successfully average over 30 in test matches. He is always committed to the front foot and has a very awkward way of executing his shots. When he plays the pull or hook he is still committed to his front foot but just manages to transfer the weight behind . Habibul Bashar er technique kono dik diye bhalo nah. He has terrific hand eye coordination which makes him successful IMO.
Hahahaha.. I am happy as long as someone from Bangladesh averages over 30 in Test matches with whatever technique he plays.

Bhaijan, it's true that he occasionally looks awkward but he plays some good shots too, still can't forget his pull shots against Shoaib Akhtar when Shoaib was in his prime.

What about his shots against the spin? Shots over the extra cover with the use of feet or over the midwicket with ease?

Nah! I don't see that much deficiency in his technique, and you know I am a lifelong Habibul fan
Old November 17, 2007, 05:31 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
Meraz brother, i.
Meraz =/Miraz..lol
Old November 17, 2007, 09:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

it seems that Sohel Bhai is proving like Alok. All grace nothing concrete. j/k.
Seriously I wonder why people are still supporting Alok. Supporting JO may be still some sense (Spitty do not attack me) . He occasionaly score 30s by going defensive in ODI and offensive in Test. But what is highest score of Alok in last 30 international innings.
Regarding Nazim is not sample size too small (2). if I take the same measure Alok would have been pathetic. In longer version in NCL Nazim still has better average than Alok.