facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 25, 2003, 01:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Team for the 2nd Test.

Aftab is out of the team and Moniruzzaman is going to replace him.

there is no other change in the team.

that means Enamul Jnr is playing in the 2nd test and he is not going with the U19 team. I think its a bad decision.

I guess Moniruzaman may get a chance to be in the final eleven if Javed omar fails to pass the fitness test.

Old October 25, 2003, 05:40 PM
Retired BC Admin

Now that we have the luxury of having few quality batsmen arround, if I were to decide, I'd dare to replace Rajin and Kapali with Nafis and Aftab for the 2nd test. Rajin, for some unknown reason, is under par against the Britons while Kapali is playing test piano with ODI tune. And of course, there wouldn't be any Mahmud in my squad for sure.
Old October 25, 2003, 06:27 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Will Monir be playing or will he just carry the drinks ?
Old October 25, 2003, 06:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Why do you want to change something with every bad out.

Rajin was out in two great balls.

Alok was playing great until he had a brain freeze in the first innings. In the second, he was out on a pull shot. I thought he can't play pool and hook shots and just stayed conservative when he used to get chances. Has he recently learned? He probably needs more work on those. Or just stay conservative. Well, he is too young. He should learn all the shots that he doesn't know yet. If he gets some outs for that. So be it. Its worth it in the long run.
Old October 25, 2003, 07:04 PM
Banned

I agree with Chinaman about Alok. He has been inconsistant for a while now. A stylish batsman, no doubt, but he is playing ODI style.
Old October 25, 2003, 07:07 PM
Banned

Of all the potential junior players, I think Nafis had the most thorough preperation. In the last 5 years, he did not miss any major touraments. He had his famous uncle to coach him. Played all over the world and in local leagues. Met with success and failures. It's time we let him get his feet wet with a test cap. This guy may be our future.
Old October 26, 2003, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Default I wouldn\'t drop any of them

These knee-jerk reactions after every test screwed us in the past. We would pick and drop players at will, leading to a complete lack of stability in the team. Now we are trying to build a nucleus, and I'm sure both Rajin and Kapali are parts of that. I don't want to mess with this team. In my view, the only person who is under pressure to keep his place is the captain. After this Test, even Mushfiq will get a wild card entry from me for the next three Test Matches, regardless of what he does!
Old October 26, 2003, 12:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al-hassan

I do agree with Sham. We shouldn't drop / add players at will. Let the coach do his job! He's the one who's continuously monitoring the players and planning the next course of action. All new players must play either for BD-A or U-19 and prove a consistence performance. Both Nafees and Aftab need to play more for BD-A and U-19 before joining the test squad. We don't want to see Ashraful's image in the test squad.

In the same note, I guess, Sujon’s days are numbered. He did a good job for the last 15 years for Bangladesh so did others.

A fighting cricketer is in the wrong side of age! Wishing him a good lucks [Or, should I say, “ Welcome in the Banking Sector!” ]
Old October 26, 2003, 02:07 AM
Retired BC Admin

Consider this, we have a nuclear pool of 20 something players. In the batting sector, players are mostly if not all, developing and not well established, imposing. Their skills, though highly rated, are not too far from each other as we all have witnessed in recent months. Yet not all are good at everything. Some batsmen handle certain bowling attack handsomely while others just fail to appreciate variations of an ordinary attack. Here comes the effectiveness, which greatly varies batsman to batsman and in differing venues and conditions. Kapali is one such batsman who exibited time and again that he fails to convert his ODI brilliance into the longer version. Keeping effectiveness in mind, we must show judicious use of batting combinations if we are to seal a remarkable achievement any time soon. And, of course, that doesn't mean in any way or form that Rajin be out of the team. Judgeing again effectiveness, quite a few others already staged superiority over the British attack. However, Shujon is the only exception in that no one can justify his inclusion in the nucleus any longer.
Old October 26, 2003, 03:08 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

If you look at each player... Sujon and Rajin are the only two who sucked. Rajin has sucked in the practice match also, that makes it 0/4 in performence. Since we cant replace the captain, Rajin is the only one who can be replaced. Moniruzzaman may come in place of Rajin.

Thats about it.
Old October 26, 2003, 09:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Dav has said that Rajin is going to be a star. The genious absolutely loves him.
Old October 26, 2003, 09:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Default our players\' mentality is different..no matter whom you change

unfortunately players frm bd are diff than other players of the world...not sure about tecniques but judging ball and temperment, mentality is not upto to the test level....no matter whom we choose...if we don't change this attitude of playing cricket, it will take more time( may be years) to win or draw
Old October 26, 2003, 10:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

This is very bad news for me.Because I take Aftab in my % player list.

Ishhh it is loss for me.