facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 26, 2008, 12:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)
Default Why Ash doesn't try Aftab to bowl ? Don't misuse Shahadat! Want to see Sajidul in the 2nd test match ?

Bowling performance of Shahadat in the first test against South Africa was remarkable. Mashrafe was looking ordinary with the new ball where Shahadat was very effective even with the old ball. Do you guys want to see Sajidul Islam's inclusion in the 2nd test match against SA ? I prefer BD is playing 3 pacers (pacers took most of the wickets in the 1st test match) and two spinners(Rafique&Sakib both of them can bat as well). Why Ashrafool ( shalar bolod got a lucky wicket in the match) didn't try Aftab to bowl in the 1st test in the low bouncy track. Aftab could do well with his slow medium pace and swing specially in the second innings. One thing I have noticed that Modon Ashrafool was misusing Shahadat where Mashrafe wasn't looking good with the ball. Aftab did bowl well against New Zealand in the 2nd test match. I hope the coach and captain of BD team will consider Aftab to bowl some overs to support the other pace bowlers.

Old February 26, 2008, 01:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

3 pacers in Subcontinent = 600/5d

I wanna add something else Shahadat took all the wickets in terms of Bangladeshi Pacers and South African Spinners are Garbage how can they take wickets? Ash gifted them there only wicket from spin bowling + Rafique was very good and efficient Bucknor denied him #99

Last edited by cricman; February 26, 2008 at 01:07 PM..
Old February 26, 2008, 01:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I think Mash needs to be rested. I wanna see Rasel in his place. If that's not possible in the middle of a series then Sajid can play in his place.
Old February 26, 2008, 01:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Mash and Shahadat's duty in Chittagong is to get Smith early. If not successful then their only duty is to get shine of the ball and not concede too many runs. Leave the rest to M Rafique/Abdur Razzak or M Rafique/Enam combo. Shakib can give them some rest when needed. Aftab needs to concentrate on his batting and fielding. No need in these pitches for him to waste any energy. The fifer he got was the miracle JS talks about.
Old February 26, 2008, 01:17 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arafath79
Bowling performance of Shahadat in the first test against South Africa was remarkable. Mashrafe was looking ordinary with the new ball where Shahadat was very effective even with the old ball. Do you guys want to see Sajidul Islam's inclusion in the 2nd test match against SA ? I prefer BD is playing 3 pacers (pacers took most of the wickets in the 1st test match) and two spinners(Rafique&Sakib both of them can bat as well). Why Ashrafool ( shalar bolod got a lucky wicket in the match) didn't try Aftab to bowl in the 1st test in the low bouncy track. Aftab could do well with his slow medium pace and swing specially in the second innings. One thing I have noticed that Modon Ashrafool was misusing Shahadat where Mashrafe wasn't looking good with the ball. Aftab did bowl well against New Zealand in the 2nd test match. I hope the coach and captain of BD team will consider Aftab to bowl some overs to support the other pace bowlers.
First of all, the coach has already said there will be no change to the team, so nothing will be changed I guess. But if we must talk about change, why not bring in Reza for HB, and play Rasel instead of Mash for just this one match. I am suggesting to drop Mash, but rather rest him for one match to give him a message that give your best or it can be an option. Also this may allow him to sort his problem. BTW Rasel is still a much better option than Sajidul.
Old February 26, 2008, 01:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Mash and Shahadat's duty in Chittagong is to get Smith early. If not successful then their only duty is to get shine of the ball and not concede too many runs. Leave the rest to M Rafique/Abdur Razzak or M Rafique/Enam combo. Shakib can give them some rest when needed. Aftab needs to concentrate on his batting and fielding. No need in these pitches for him to waste any energy. The fifer he got was the miracle JS talks about.
The way Siddons mama saying, I don't think he will change the current 11. But I want to see Razzak in the playing eleven as he's in the squad. I would have liked Enamul but hes not in the squad. Sakib is not a genuine spinner. Hes just a part timer. I don't understand what the team manangement thinking.
Old February 26, 2008, 01:24 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat

no the bowling attack looks fine except about mashrafe i think he should be replaced by either sajidul or rasel but im not sure about sajidul because he kept on delivering high deleviries which was the main problem and why he is absent in the team, but in a decision of sajidul or rasel i would go for sajidul - somthing new.
by the way having pacers might be a good solution to have, well rafique worked out but not saqibul we can have sajidul, shahadat and rasel - the three pacers in the team which might work out (lefties). why aftab he is not a good bowler at all?
Old March 1, 2008, 07:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
3 pacers in Subcontinent = 600/5d

I wanna add something else Shahadat took all the wickets in terms of Bangladeshi Pacers and South African Spinners are Garbage how can they take wickets? Ash gifted them there only wicket from spin bowling + Rafique was very good and efficient Bucknor denied him #99
Now u see the bloody result of playing 3 spinners with high risk even in subcontinet ???

If the dumb Bangladesh team management always wants to get rid of their pace bowlers after showing the good bowling performance from Shahadat then the entire pace bowlers of the country will loose their confidents too.
Old March 1, 2008, 07:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Now u see the bloody result of playing 3 spinners with high risk even in subcontinet ???

If the dumb Bangladesh team management always wants to get rid of their pace bowlers after showing the good bowling performance from Shahadat then the entire pace bowlers of the country will loose their confidents too.
Razzak and Sakib aren't Test quality Spinners and Mashrafe has been Crap this entire new year.

Shameless plug ... Read the Aaqib TC piece i bumped
Old March 1, 2008, 07:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
The way Siddons mama saying, I don't think he will change the current 11. But I want to see Razzak in the playing eleven as he's in the squad. I would have liked Enamul but hes not in the squad. Sakib is not a genuine spinner. Hes just a part timer. I don't understand what the team manangement thinking.
Well there was a change by the way. Rajjak came in place of Bashar. Siddon is also showing some bloody negetive attitudes by not selceting the pace bowlers and keeping Mushfiqur( the dumbest BD wicket wicket keeper I have ever seen) in the squad.
Old March 1, 2008, 07:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Razzak and Sakib aren't Test quality Spinners
Who the hell is the other test quality spinner in BD then ?? Enamul jnr ? How many wickets he has got in his last 4 test matches ? NONE !!! He is not even close to Rafique yet. He would not be able to do much than the Sakib and Rajjak did in the match.
Old March 1, 2008, 07:19 AM
Cricket Sage

You need 2.5+ FB in any pitch. Shahadat Played his role, Unfortunately Mashrafee failed to play his role.

Aftab cannot play 0.5 FB role in TEST match. We have just one player, would have played that 0.5 FB role is Farhad. And they decided not to play him. We could have selected Rasel, but we would loose batting strength or we need to reduce one spinner from the team. So the only good choice foir this TEST was Farhad as 0.5 FB.

Pretty much we played with 1.5 FB in both the TEST. And thats a no no... recipe for disaster not only for current TEST but also for future TEST (over work and risk of reduced productivity or even chance of injury).
Old March 1, 2008, 07:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Who the hell is the other test quality spinner in BD then ?? Enamul jnr ? How many wickets he has got in his last 4 test matches ? NONE !!! He is not even close to Rafique yet. He would not be able to do much than the Sakib and Rajjak did in the match.
Razzak and Sakibs Test carrer < This one ball

Enam gets to play in grassy pitch in NZ, let enam bowl in Test Match in the subcontinent or a real p!tch in Bangladesh, he took wickets in Fatullah vs SA and had a couple of drops added as well.
Old March 1, 2008, 07:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Razzak and Sakibs Test carrer < This one ball

Enam gets to play in grassy pitch in NZ, let enam bowl in Test Match in the subcontinent or a real p!tch in Bangladesh, he took wickets in Fatullah vs SA and had a couple of drops added as well.
Junaid got his hundred in the practice match that doesn't mean he will get hundred in the real test match that easily. I know Junaid is a good left handed opening batsman and so Enamul jnr is a good left arm spiner but SA was warming themselves up and didn't play with their full strenght in the practice match. That was just a practice match.
Old March 1, 2008, 07:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
You need 2.5+ FB in any pitch. Shahadat Played his role, Unfortunately Mashrafee failed to play his role.

We could have selected Rasel, but we would loose batting strength or we need to reduce one spinner from the team. So the only good choice foir this TEST was Farhad as 0.5 FB.

Pretty much we played with 1.5 FB in both the TEST. And thats a no no... recipe for disaster not only for current TEST but also for future TEST (over work and risk of reduced productivity or even chance of injury).
Well, in any sort of cricket , the first 5 batsmen should do their job properly otherwise playing with many batsmen will not help Bangladesh team to win any match at all. They played with 6 batsmen, and 4 bowlers (Mashrafe,Shahadat,Rafique,Sakib) in the 1st test match but the result is the same. The batting collapse are continuing.

And yes, Farhad should have been given an opportunity to play in the test match.

Last edited by arafath79; March 1, 2008 at 07:49 AM..
Old March 1, 2008, 07:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Well, in any sort of crocket , the first 5 batsmen should do their job properly otherwise playing with many batsmen will not help Bangladesh team to win any match at all. They played with 6 batsmen, and 4 bowlers (Mashrafe,Shahadat,Rafique,Sakib) in the 1st test match but the result is the same. The batting collapse are continuing.

And yes, Farhad should have been given an opportunity to play in the test match.
Yes I agree with you (Highlighted)

Just one thing, regardless how they (selectors) sell it, I don;t think Sakib is a full (1.0) TEST spinner yet. He is a part time (0.5) TEST spinner at this time. So I think they went with 3.5 Bowlers in 1st TEST.