facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old June 12, 2008, 11:53 AM
Cricket Sage

finally its...vacation time for siddon

Old June 12, 2008, 11:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padosan
Another point to note,

In the match against pakistan, BD should have gone and tried to score as many runs as possible. why throw in the towel ?

The commentators are saying that another 20 runs would have avoided the bonus point. If the bonus point was avoided it was much less pressure in this game, BD would have needed just to win this game. why play a maid-in in the last over ?
why wasnt the captain/coach thinking then in the days of bonus points and duckworth lewis ? Is it a improvement that Ash played not a normal game and ppl are praising him that he played responsibly ?

I guess its more of a attitude, where is the BD from the world cup ??

Again where is rasel ?
Your brother has answered it nicely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianKing
Comprehensive victory....as expected !
Siddons is a realistic man. He knew the results before the matches had been played in both occations.

Rasel has an ankle injury.
Old June 12, 2008, 12:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazabor
wow ... class theke back kore to valoy obostha dekhtesy... i was told india will finished b4 40 overs.. now im thinking i sud do some bet ..i am damm good in it ...
India did finish in 35.1 overs. I suggest you shouldn't bet. You are very bad in it. also the consequence is far worse than you can imagine.
Old June 12, 2008, 12:53 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

People are losing interest. The match thread reply is a proof.
Old June 12, 2008, 01:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
What is this I hear? Taklu getting high on the job?
Does all taklu get high in job! so is it other way around true too..if you get too high in job you become taklu!!! Taile to amar kobor ase Rogaine kinte hoibo
mone keu kosto niyenna ...
Old June 12, 2008, 02:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Bangladesh scoring 220+ is relieving...I thought our has become incapable of crossing 200 against strong opponents.
Old June 12, 2008, 02:28 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS Dhoni

Oh missed the match but turned out to be a easy win. Congrats boys!

BD needs to seriously rethink their strategy / weakness, they have not won a single ODI against the elite after WC07. Their ODI and test are both going downhill
Old June 12, 2008, 02:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno
Oh missed the match but turned out to be a easy win. Congrats boys!

BD needs to seriously rethink their strategy / weakness, they have not won a single ODI against the elite after WC07. Their ODI and test are both going downhill
We haven't reached the bottom yet.
Old June 12, 2008, 03:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
We haven't reached the bottom yet.
Are you saying we are bottomless?
Old June 12, 2008, 03:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Are you saying we are bottomless?
No I am not saying that. We have a bottom. It will happen when Aftab comes back. Who knows may be invite HB also. I have very little faith on the selectors now.

The Line up will be Tamim, SN, HB, Aftab, Ash, Alok, Mushi, Abdur Razzak, Mash, Dolar, Shahadat for ODIs. Then easily we will reach the bottom. A team has already beaten the national team. With this lineup god willing the U-19 team will beat them.
Old June 12, 2008, 03:34 PM
Cricket Sage

[quote=Tigers_eye;697773]No I am not saying that. We have a bottom. /quote]

Jak Baba ... amra Nangta na.
Old June 12, 2008, 08:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
The Line up will be Tamim, SN, HB, Aftab, Ash, Alok, Mushi, Abdur Razzak, Mash, Dolar, Shahadat for ODIs.

you are missing Sakib
Old June 13, 2008, 06:58 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim & Junaid
Default Good Job - Ash & Co And Siddons!

GOOD JOB - ASH & CO AND SIDDONS!

To put up 220 plus against India when Pakistan failed despite boasting of a team with Super Stars and Stars of the likes of Younus, Yousuf, Afridi, Misbah is no mean achievement.

If one of the openers had survived their was a fair chance of BD scoring 250 .

Unfortunately it was not to be Tamim’s day.

No Saqib . No Aftab. So the score was not so bad taking into consideration we were playing with limited batting resources and up against strong pace attack of India.

So we are seeing gradual improvement of Siddons Vision and BD.

I am sure if this tournament had provision of each side playing twice with the other BD would have done much better.

But our opening pair remains a perennial problem.

The BCB selectors and Siddons needs to do serious soul searching on this aspect as it is becoming a botteleneck to our team building up a big total.

I am confident BD is going to do better in the Asian Cup..

Not all hope is lost yet.

Allah Hafez.

Cheers!

Last edited by ehteshamul; June 13, 2008 at 11:27 PM..
Old June 13, 2008, 09:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Went to the match with some of my cousins and had a blast bitching and moaning until all the negativity got the better of us. So, we left before it was officially over and focused on the WI-Australia test.

Watching the real quality of our cricket live -- now greatly enhanced by Coach Siddons' "process" -- is something else.

> Tamim's was another example of what happens the minute we start to praise someone.

> The Abir dismissal was another Mofees Classic. He was the most obese player playing.

> Ashraful Omar Belim's attempt to enhance his batting average didn't work nearly as well as it did in against Pakistan.

> Nirala's first ODI 100 was the ONLY thing we were all looking forward to, and he cramped up before choking, typical stuff.

> GoBoy showed why he is at least 5 good years away from playing at this level. Total akaimma as far as ODIs go. His failure surprised NO ONE.

> Alok choked after looking good initially. That boundary played very fine was the classiest shot of the day. Can you say "many more years of A Team Cricket" fellow members ?

> Riyad tried.

> Farhad was trying to be a batsman and failed quite predictably.

> MaMu showed some cojones.

> Razzak, no comment.

> Dollar, please spell your name with TWO Ls. This sort of khyat functional illiteracy is embarrassing.

Bowling-wise ...

MaMu looked good while Razzak was economical. Still can't turn the ball though.

FARHAD REZA SHOULD NEVER GET THE NEW BALL AGAINST THE TOP 8.

Asoka's failure shoked no one. I don't think that decision would've made too much of a difference.

BTW, Rasel, Pilot and later Tushar sat just a couple of rows behind us. A lot of sympathy for Rasel was met with a meaningful smile. Pilot, when asked about his akaimma replacements, smiled just as meaningfully and said, almost with a wink, "I'm too old you see."

Nothing was said to Tushar ...

The BFC fried chicken was good, but the Momo without soy and vinegar wasn't.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 14, 2008 at 11:00 AM..
Old June 13, 2008, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

precise review Sohel bhai....

GoBoy should make room for Dhiman permanently....
Old June 13, 2008, 07:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Nice time you had Sohel bhai.

Pilot and Rasel should have been the ones playing.
Old June 13, 2008, 11:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I must agree with Ehtashamul Bhai here. I was pleasantly surprised to see BD put this score against a super team whose bowling and fielding was spot on They performed better than Pakistan.

As they have had practice playing India and Pakistan, I feel that they will perform better in the Asian cup, and i am hoping that they have a few wins.
I hope that JS has not gone on holiday and will spend some time with them in a training camp before they leave for Pakistan.
Old June 14, 2008, 10:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Scoring 200+ runs will make no difference if the bowling and fielding is worse,yes our batting needs improvement and it is improving but what about our bowling and fielding don't they need to improve for us to win more matches? , our bowling and fielding is going downhill,just compare our present bowling and fielding with the wc 2007 one , definitely we went down.
Old June 14, 2008, 10:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Mushfiqur Rahim.... give him One more chance please... in the asia cup then we shall see...

i think Pilot was dropped not because of his "bad performance" how much can you ask of a guy when he bats at #7?? i think he did brilliant given the situation compared to other bangladeshi batsmen! i think his "automatic choice" comment sealed his international career
Old June 14, 2008, 08:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
Mushfiqur Rahim.... give him One more chance please... in the asia cup then we shall see...(
One more chance? Hmm too many chances...He was the higest scorer of DPL and he came back by taking spot of dhiman ghosh, then he threw wickets in both matches, took a great catch, but still couldn't read the bowling line, and miss judged the line completly, then he couldn't catch the ball. though he took a great catch

Still he got problems. So do u still want to give him another chance?
Old June 15, 2008, 06:44 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim & Junaid
Default Wicket Keeping - Rahim Vs Dhiman (Keep Both One for One Dayer and One for Test)

WICKET KEEPING - RAHIM VS DHIMAN ( KEEP BOTH ONE FOR ONE DAYER AND ONE FOR TEST)

Rahim has played a vital role in Bangladesh’s victory over India in World Cup 2007 and was also associated with a record partnership with Ashraful in a test against the Sri Lankans last year.

However under Siddons though dubbed as a Golden Boy his career graph has taken a nose dive.

Based on his excellent performance in the domestic league this season he was preferred over Dhiman to represent BD in the ‘Kitpli’ Tri Nation series that concluded recently at Dhaka.

Unfortunately he has failed to deliver the goods expected of him as the results shows :

Let’s analyze his performance .

First Match
Bangladesh Vs Pakistan

Batting
15 in 29 balls with zero fours and zero sixes and a strike rate of 51.72

Wicket Keeping:
Took one Great catch to dismiss Kamran Akmal enabling Dollar Mahmud to have his debut wicket.

Second Match
Bangladesh Vs India

Batting
6 in 11 balls with zero fours and zero sixes and a strike rate of 54.55

Wicket Keeping
No catches A few wicketkeeping lapses

Lets see How Dhiman performed against Pakistan

Batting : In five matches he had scores of 0, 27, 18 not out , 0, 29.
His strike rates were : 61.36, 112.50 , 74.36 respectively in the Second, Third and Fifth One Dayers respectively.

Wicket Keeping
Took four catches in the first One dayer . Also took one catch and one stamping in the third one dayer.

Did not concede byes in any of the One dayers against Pakstan.

Based on the above findings I would make the following suggestions :

Dhiman is an automatic choice for the One dayers because of his superior Strike Rate.

He is an attractive stroke player and has been showing steady progress under Siddons and has a healthy strike rate as his performance against Pakistan shows.

He is a player capable of scoring a quick fire 25 + that is helpful for the team to accelerate the pace and build up a good total.

Despite batting at No 8 where one does not get too many balls to face he has done reasonably well against Pakistan.

On the other hand Rahim is an automatic choice for the tests . He is an ideal choice for test because he is capable of staying at the wicket for long and graft an innings.

So for future Tests and One dayers we should have 2 Wicket Keepers - Rahim and Dhiman.

It will also create a healthy competition between the two as each will try to outperform the other and because of that both BCB Selectors and Coach will gain.
Old June 16, 2008, 08:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Before deciding on the keeper all three selectors need to do 1) 100 times "Kaney dhoirey Uth-Bosh". Then 2) 10 minutes of "Murgi" (hold the ears by bringing the arms underneath the legs - sitting position) in front of the public schools and finally 3) ten slashes of beth'er bari on there bare A$$es

or

ek mash'er beton kata. Shob thik hoiye jabey.
Old June 16, 2008, 09:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehteshamul
WICKET KEEPING - RAHIM VS DHIMAN ( KEEP BOTH ONE FOR ONE DAYER AND ONE FOR TEST)

Rahim has played a vital role in Bangladesh’s victory over India in World Cup 2007 and was also associated with a record partnership with Ashraful in a test against the Sri Lankans last year.

However under Siddons though dubbed as a Golden Boy his career graph has taken a nose dive.

Based on his excellent performance in the domestic league this season he was preferred over Dhiman to represent BD in the ‘Kitpli’ Tri Nation series that concluded recently at Dhaka.

Unfortunately he has failed to deliver the goods expected of him as the results shows :

Let’s analyze his performance .

First Match
Bangladesh Vs Pakistan

Batting
15 in 29 balls with zero fours and zero sixes and a strike rate of 51.72

Wicket Keeping:
Took one Great catch to dismiss Kamran Akmal enabling Dollar Mahmud to have his debut wicket.

Second Match
Bangladesh Vs India

Batting
6 in 11 balls with zero fours and zero sixes and a strike rate of 54.55

Wicket Keeping
No catches A few wicketkeeping lapses

Lets see How Dhiman performed against Pakistan

Batting : In five matches he had scores of 0, 27, 18 not out , 0, 29.
His strike rates were : 61.36, 112.50 , 74.36 respectively in the Second, Third and Fifth One Dayers respectively.

Wicket Keeping
Took four catches in the first One dayer . Also took one catch and one stamping in the third one dayer.

Did not concede byes in any of the One dayers against Pakstan.

Based on the above findings I would make the following suggestions :

Dhiman is an automatic choice for the One dayers because of his superior Strike Rate.

He is an attractive stroke player and has been showing steady progress under Siddons and has a healthy strike rate as his performance against Pakistan shows.

He is a player capable of scoring a quick fire 25 + that is helpful for the team to accelerate the pace and build up a good total.

Despite batting at No 8 where one does not get too many balls to face he has done reasonably well against Pakistan.

On the other hand Rahim is an automatic choice for the tests . He is an ideal choice for test because he is capable of staying at the wicket for long and graft an innings.

So for future Tests and One dayers we should have 2 Wicket Keepers - Rahim and Dhiman.

It will also create a healthy competition between the two as each will try to outperform the other and because of that both BCB Selectors and Coach will gain.
IN THIS RATE after another 2 matches we will need another 2 new keepers with new avg and SR and etc etc...

Let the boy play (When dhiman was dropped i was against it cause it was too early for mushi to do a come back and also dhiman was not doing too bad, even though dhimans batting was ugly. but since our moron selectors did that to save their a$$ i say stick with it before dropping him once good. then who ever gets the chance will have a peace of mind and enough time to establish.)
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 16, 2008, 03:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
IN THIS RATE after another 2 matches we will need another 2 new keepers with new avg and SR and etc etc...

Let the boy play (When dhiman was dropped i was against it cause it was too early for mushi to do a come back and also dhiman was not doing too bad, even though dhimans batting was ugly. but since our moron selectors did that to save their a$$ i say stick with it before dropping him once good. then who ever gets the chance will have a peace of mind and enough time to establish.)
one quick question:

why blame selectors when players don't perform???
Old June 16, 2008, 04:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
one quick question:

why blame selectors when players don't perform???
one quick answer:

selectors have to give players enough time before they can start perform!!!
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled