facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old November 1, 2008, 08:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

how about them leafs. **** YA
LETS GO LEAFS ......LETS GO.

COMEBACK KIDS

Old November 3, 2008, 07:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Habs on the rise, in the standing, currently 2nd in the east, 4th in the league with points but 1st in terms of winning percentage (85%). The scoring has been steady this year with 37 goals in 10 games and the defence has done the job allowing only 23 goals (2.3goals/game). In spite of our successful results, our special teams, both PP and PK are struggling at the moment. PP's ranked 19th, operating at 16% while the PK's ranked 12th and is operating at 82.4%. Both of these areas need to be addressed. General toughness and defensive stay at home defenceman is needed in our D.

Beams, did you hear Alexender Semin's comments about Crosby? Semin thinks Crosby's overrated. I am quoting from National Post online (http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...emin-says.aspx)
"What’s so special about [Crosby]? I don’t see anything special there,” Semin said in an interview with Yahoo.com. “Yes, he does skate well, has a good head, good pass. But there’s nothing else. Even if you compare him to Patrick Kane from Chicago … [Kane] is a much more interesting player. The way he moves, his deking abilities, his thinking on the ice and his anticipation of the play is so superb"

“I think that if you take any player, even if he is deadwood, and start promoting him, you’ll get a star,” the Russian star told the Web site. “Especially if he scores 100 points. No one is going to care about anyone else. No one is going to care whether he possesses great skill.

“Let’s say you put someone in front of the net and let him deflect pucks in, and he scored 50 goals, everyone will say ‘Wow!’ and then hand him a $10-million-per-year contract. That’s what they like here.
"In Russia people like beautiful hockey, and not dump and chase. I just don’t get it, why when a player is skating up the ice and no one is attacking him, he dumps the puck into the offensive zone and then chases it? Why would you do this if there is no one forechecking you?"

Last edited by Ishtylish cricketer; November 3, 2008 at 07:58 PM..
Old November 3, 2008, 08:18 PM
Test Cricketer

What Semin doesn't realize is that the goal in hockey is to win. In Canada you're taught that the puck travels faster than you so you make the pass instead of stickhandling through the maize from red line to the net and shoot thoughtlessly...which is what few of the Russian stars think they are supposed to and call "beautiful". There was a player with the leafs 7-8 years ago by the name Berezin who used receive the pass, stick handle and just shoot without ever thinking of making a pass. Semin's been scoring points of late so his mouth is moving a faster rate than his mind's ability to think. He doesn't realize that scoring 100 points require some skills that he doesn't have. Someone should remind him that he isn't even considered a star yet. No all-stars appearance... Against two good defensive teams this year (Calgary and Buffalo) he has 0 points. This guy reminds me of a player in our league who used to just ask for line change whenever the puck was in the defensive zone... funny thing is Semin does it in NHL. I wish Scott Stevens was still playing for Canada. He would've taught him a lesson. Semin will probably hide behind his goon Brasheer, next time he faces the Pens.
Old November 4, 2008, 09:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Dallas conceded 10 goals in two road games. Three more road games to go. grrr!! 10 points in 12 games will not make it. Good move in sending people to minor leagues. This year is a mess already and the season has just started. Can not bear the beat down. Have to follow someone else soon.
Old November 4, 2008, 11:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

IC

Yes, I am aware of those comments. I think you said already what needs to be said. Little bit of prosperity has clearly gone inside his head. Let him have a 100 point season first, then he can join in the conversation. If this came from AO, Fedorov or Kovalev, people who have achieved something in this league, then I would listen and pay attention. Idiotic comment from an idiot.

Sid does need to be a better goal scorer though. That's a fair observation from my view, and surely he needs to tone down some of his on ice gripes, which I think is the source of a lot of antagonism towards him throughout the league.

Patrick Kane is a good player. But, I am sure, if you were to build a team, and given a choice between Kane or Sidney, 99% of GM's will pick Sidney.

Malkin laughed at Semin when local media asked him about it.
Old November 4, 2008, 03:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Crosby's a centre and his main job is to distribute the puck. Crosby's a great passer not the best shooter. At his height very few are good shooter. In terms of excitement, I guess Semin doesn't follow Pittsburg highlights. He hasn't watched the lacross style goal either. Let him talk smack. He will hide behind Brasheer the game against the Pens.
Old March 6, 2009, 02:04 PM
Cricket Guru

So, our resident NHL'ers, why so quiet? Your teams not doing so well? My team might not make it either. Playoffs are approaching within a month. Time to revive the thread? Why is IC, the emperor of hockey and resident football guru so quiet?
Old March 6, 2009, 10:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

The Rangers Suck, bunch of overpaid soft euro's ...

Avery is back but if we wanna make the playoffs we need to score and stop leaving :king: helpless.

Playoff Races are supertight ... I wouldn't wanna be one of the Top seeds that have to a play super hot 7/8 seed that played everygame was super meaningful
Old March 18, 2009, 09:35 PM
Cricket Guru

I think Rangers will make it. I think we will too. I just don't want to face Devils in the first round.
Old April 9, 2009, 10:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Most important day today. Playoff pictures will emerge tonight.
Old April 10, 2009, 05:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Rangers and Habs Make it, Interesting to see what the matchups will be
Old April 11, 2009, 11:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Rangers and Habs Make it, Interesting to see what the matchups will be
Who would you prefer? Boston or Washington. I can't believe only two months ago we were languishing in the 10th spot. Coach got fired. Now, here we are, back in the playoffs, though I don't have expectations like last year. Lets see what happens. I really don't want Carolina. Cam Ward is superb.
Old April 11, 2009, 11:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Leafs are out, so I'm supporting Washington. LETS GO OVI!

Habs and Rangers are in but both will get eliminated quickly.
Old April 13, 2009, 09:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Who would you prefer? Boston or Washington. I can't believe only two months ago we were languishing in the 10th spot. Coach got fired. Now, here we are, back in the playoffs, though I don't have expectations like last year. Lets see what happens. I really don't want Carolina. Cam Ward is superb.
Wanted Boston, but all 4 games we played vs the Caps was with Renney as Coach. We can score some goals now. Lundqvist to Stand on his head Rangers in 6.

I hope Habs/Bruins is like last years series.
Old April 14, 2009, 09:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Playoffs commence on wednesday. My beloved Habs are up against the mighty Bruins. Roles are reversed this time. They say history often repeats itself and I am hoping it does the same way it did last year but I doubt that this shorthanded, injury decimated Montreal team can pull off what 8th seed Bruins did to the 1st seed Habs last year. Too many problems at the back end for us. Price is unpredictable and though the injection of Mat Schnider added some much needed life to the PP, we are still a perimeter team that depends on "cute" back door tap ins, have no one who can get in the high traffic lanes to get "macho" garbage goals. We will struggle to score in the playoffs as well as keeping the puck out of our net. Tim Thomas is in the zone and Chara is an imposing player that an ageing Kovalev couldn't crack. Bruins have too many good forwards, reliable defence core and solid goaltending which adds up to a series win of 4-1 in 5 games. The best canadian hope for the Stanley Cup is Vancouver. If Sundin and the Sedins catch fire, they may get to the finals.
Old April 14, 2009, 10:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Nice preview there IC ! Let the playoffs begin.

I wanted us to stay put at no.6 and play the Devils, who are in a slump with Broduer looking ordinary, instead we got the hated Flyers in the re-match of last years Eastern Finals. They are a lot stronger this year with great forwards. We have never replaced Malone, Hossa and other role players like Ruttu, Roberts, Laraque, Hall this year. So, on paper, they have the advantage, but we do have the two trump cards. Biron is another hope.

I also think Vancouver is a dark dark horse in the West. Luongo alone can take them to the finals. Sharks will choke again wiht nabokov and I never discount the Wings..
Old April 15, 2009, 07:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Couldn't agree more with you about the Sharks and Wings' prospect of winning it all. Thronton and Marleau are great regular season players but have a notorious playoffs history. Ducks may give them all they can handle and perhaps even pull off an upset. Ducks team is built for Stanley Cup playoffs. Wings have goaltending issue to sort out but they can win with average performance from the goalie just because of the system where the forwards backcheck, get in the shooting lanes and have great stick checking (an underrated aspect hockey) players. They may go all the way yet again if the dirty physical teams (Ducks and Flames) don't advance to later rounds.
By the way, congrats to the Steelers and to you. I still don't rate Rothelisberger very highly though he's definitely, a 10 QB in the league in my humble opinion. Despite his last minute come from behind win in SB, I still think his success is a result of playing in a good team. His offensive numbers prove my point.
Old April 15, 2009, 09:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Ha ha..Thanks for congratulations. Opinions are personal and obviously I don't agree. But, he has done it again for us. Numbers don't matter. Ask Drew Brees. BTW, any GM in NFL, bar New England, Indy and a few others will trade everything they have if they can land Big Ben. When the game is on the line, thats when he takes over. Already 20+ 4th qtr comeback win in his career though the Steelers don't trail that often. He is a playmaker/QB. Its a very important distinction. Anyway..lets talk hockey here. Ben has won and so did I

I bet you ducks beat the Sharks. I am going to Mellon on Friday for the second game. Game 1 is crucial. We have to win tonight.
Old April 15, 2009, 09:25 PM
Cricket Guru

That Caps Offense is Scary but Henrik was Henrik making big Stops, and Dubinsky proabbly scored one of the top 5 goals of the year for the game winner.

up 1-0, Game 2 on Saturday these refs better cool off. They let the Caps get away with murder and call ever tick tack call on us. Theodore Sucks. If you switched Goalies it would have been 12-0
Old April 15, 2009, 09:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Henrik is only way rangers can win the series. Caps beat rangers in every category EXCEPT goaltending (jose is pretty bad)

I'm hoping Penguins and Caps somehow meet up. That series would be AWESOME.
Old April 16, 2009, 04:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Habs vs. Bruins tonight. Can't watch due to massive workload. I hope, Habs can snatch a win in the first two and shift the home ice advantage in their favour. Our best chance for the upset win is tonight. Must stay out of the "sin bin", score on PPs, pay the price and block the shots, hit the Bruins dmen especially Chara at every opportunity (hack his shin a few times), play with Chara's ego and invite him to fight and last but not least back-check at all times (other wise be prepared to be a healthy scratch for the next game).
Old April 18, 2009, 03:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Lundy

Old April 22, 2009, 09:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Lundy

1 more win away from Boston, Honestly we should be down 3-1 and not up but I'm not complaining. Lundy playing out of his mind

Boston Advanced, Pitt about to do the same. Canucks are in the 2nd Round.

Carey Price Has some Moxy in him, Imitating Roy.
Old April 27, 2009, 10:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
1 more win away from Boston, Honestly we should be down 3-1 and not up but I'm not complaining. Lundy playing out of his mind

Boston Advanced, Pitt about to do the same. Canucks are in the 2nd Round.

Carey Price Has some Moxy in him, Imitating Roy.
Its tied now. Whats the matter with Lundy? He has been pulled twice! Rooting for you guys to win on Tuesday and take on Boston.

Philly gave us a tougher fight than last year, but not enough..
Old April 27, 2009, 01:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Its tied now. Whats the matter with Lundy? He has been pulled twice! Rooting for you guys to win on Tuesday and take on Boston.

Philly gave us a tougher fight than last year, but not enough..
He's been pulled to rest up, He can't bail this sorry Defense and Offense out every game. If we replaced Naslaund with Jagr this Series would have been over in 5 games.

Jersey and Carolina going to Game 7 too. Should be exciting.