facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

View Poll Results: Should marijuana be legalized in US?
Yes 12 36.36%
No 14 42.42%
I am too high to answer this right, will get back shortly. 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 16, 2009, 06:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Yes, why not. Freedom of choice !!

Old May 16, 2009, 06:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
.... And a person high on marijuana is the least likely to commit a crime since it numbs your reflexes.
Could you imagine someone driving a car/bus/lorry/plane or operating machine when under the influence? You, actually, have answered the question!

Apart from social anxiety and paranoia, other mental disorder can be triggered off by Marie Jane. One doesn't need to be told this by a research scientist or an academic. At least, I have witnessed this and been told this by those friends/associates who smoke or used to smoke.

You are right about that most smokers become passive after a smoke. I haven't seen much aggressive behaviour or violence associated with pot. Having said that, this doesnt make it any safer!
Old May 16, 2009, 08:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Hoohaahhahahah...Duuuude!...You all are pagols and veeery siilly...hhahaahah!
Kotogula pura pagol chagol...hahahah!
Old May 16, 2009, 09:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Hahahaha...bhais, I used to think all of you all are bunch of pagol sagol, now I know you all are bunch of Ganjakhor pagol shagol...hahahaha...puff puff give!
Old May 16, 2009, 10:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

who cares about us, talk about aus!
Old May 16, 2009, 06:53 PM
Cricket Guru

( deleted)
Old May 16, 2009, 06:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
I'm all for legalisation of marijuana...
After all, i dont know about US, but as far as Australia or Bangladesh is concerned ( two places i have lived), its easier to get ganja than cigarrette at times.
That is so true lol.
If i wanted to smoke a cigarette ( eww) then i would have to buy it and most of the time ask my parents for money, which can be a pain!!!
But if I wanted weeed, all i have to do is go to my mates who sell weeb and I would get it for freeee ( no I have not smoked weed)
Im all for legalising it! People already smoke it.. it won't make much of a difference.
Old May 16, 2009, 07:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
That is so true lol.
If i wanted to smoke a cigarette ( eww) then i would have to buy it and most of the time ask my parents for money, which can be a pain!!!
But if I wanted weeed, all i have to do is go to my mates who sell weeb and I would get it for freeee ( no I have not smoked weed)
Im all for legalising it! People already smoke it.. it won't make much of a difference.
Ichcha ache? Chilla kaitta lobon lagiye dibo!!!
Old May 16, 2009, 07:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Ichcha ache? Chilla kaitta lobon lagiye dibo!!!
murod vai... shudhu shudhu cheleye meyeder voy dekhiye tariye diben na. they need our ador and support and not beter bari.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 16, 2009, 08:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
murod vai... shudhu shudhu cheleye meyeder voy dekhiye tariye diben na. they need our ador and support and not beter bari.
lolz.. gopal da.. i learned it from you...
Old May 16, 2009, 09:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Bhais, whose hand is it in now? Comon...puff puff give....!
Old May 17, 2009, 01:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Wow this forum is weird... full of drug addicts...
Old May 17, 2009, 02:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Islamically speaking, someone once told me that having anything that can cause damage to your body is haram. It the statement is true than marijuana should not be haram, but smoking and drinking should be haram. Even smoking shisha should be haram.
personally, although i smoke sheesha socially and the occaisional cigar, both should be considered haram. anything which causes harm should be considered haram. marijuana, E, coke, acid, shrooms, crystal meth, amphetamines, opium, paan, qaat, tobacco, heroine, alcohol, and anything else should all be considered haraam. one might go as far as even saying that energy drinks like red bull or monster should be considered haraam.

marijuna might be better than tobacco smoke, but its still bad for you. especially considering its usually not smoked with any kind of filter.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 17, 2009, 02:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
personally, although i smoke sheesha socially and the occaisional cigar, both should be considered haram. anything which causes harm should be considered haram. marijuana, E, coke, acid, shrooms, crystal meth, amphetamines, opium, paan, qaat, tobacco, heroine, alcohol, and anything else should all be considered haraam.
i disagree only because all that you have mentioned above do not cause harm. I think you have to change the definition of what constitute haram if you think the substance above are all haram.

Now you can say anything that has addictive potential or impairs judgement is haram. Then I ask what if I can gurantee no addiction or judgement impairment with certain regimen - would that be haram?
Old May 17, 2009, 02:56 AM
Cricket Legend

btw just for knowledge, so this discussion on what constitute haram can be fruitful.

"opium"/heroine/morphine - they all act in the body similarly (ie on the opioid receptor). Then widely used medically are oxycodone, hydrocodone, fentanyl - they also act the same way heroine acts in your body. So all of these would have to be haram then. These all have addiction potential but with right dosage, they can alleviate some excrutiating and unnecessary pain without causing addiction.

So I will let you be the judge whether a substance should be haram or whether its abuse (substance abuse) should be haram.

same argument can be applied to alcohol.
Old May 17, 2009, 02:57 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Seems I was an ignorant about Marijuana. I thought marijuana was similar to heroine and other drugs. Well, this is what we learnt in our one of the famous Bangla essay "Madokashokti o tar protikar"
Old May 17, 2009, 03:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Shardul , marijuana is definitely not like heroine (biologically). Read my previous post on why "heroine" isn't a "bad drug" either - it is actually the dosage that makes it bad. Heroine is just an altered form of morphine though interestingly enough, it is banned in U.S. but morphine is not.

Marijuana is actually very complex. For example, people still argue for "medical marijuana" despite having a tablet form THC (the main ingredient in marijuana) because the tablet doesn't have the same effect.
Old May 17, 2009, 03:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
truth be told: things are only lucrative once they are forbidden... if we legalize it you will see people in the streets, Marijuana? big deal? i think US government kept it illegal for economic reasons more-so than social reasons...
interesting comment. Usually ppl argue the opposite that banning weed makes little economic sense. but i think i will agree with you. I think keeping it banned does a lot for the economy than people realize...

But the social impact will be enormous though if legalized...but i think w/ time the impact would be less so especially because we've this dirty tool call the internet that can change the way ppl see things very fast
Old May 17, 2009, 09:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Why not Yaba?
Old May 17, 2009, 11:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

One World, you mean why Yaba should not be legal??
First of all, IMO, yaba and G is not the same thing.
Yaba is just poor cousin of meth and the consequences of any form of methamphetamine is devastating.

Coke, Ecstasy, Ice or yaba, its all the same, the only difference is your "trip" factor and the duration.

Highly NOT recommended for those who havent tried yet.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 17, 2009, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
One World, you mean why Yaba should not be legal??
First of all, IMO, yaba and G is not the same thing.
Yaba is just poor cousin of meth and the consequences of any form of methamphetamine is devastating.

Coke, Ecstasy, Ice or yaba, its all the same, the only difference is your "trip" factor and the duration.

Highly NOT recommended for those who havent tried yet.
Rabz , just to add to your last post

Please please please guys....never try yaba, crystal meth ,heroine, LSD or Shrooms. Marijuana is not the same as the rest mentioned.

In case u are trying Ecstasy..make sure that water is available near by.

LSD can give u very bad trips (eg: U might see Spider everywhere if u are arachnophobic)

Regular use of Shrooms can cause hallucination even wen u are not using the drug.

Yaba and Crystal meth are the worst drug in the market, beside all the severe health effects, it can completely destroy ur ability to feel pleasure.

Heroine can be very bad also.

Some people try vitamin R or Ritalin because it helps them concentrate on studying, but even if u have ADD it is still not recommended.
Old May 17, 2009, 12:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Arrey bhais, this is becoming a very helpful thread for me...learning a lot...good, Now I know what to do, I will follow all of you all's good advice will keep a lot of water handy...puff puff give...hahaahah!!

Apnara janen...amader barite etto boro ekta botgaach ache...taar majhe ekta etto boro bhoot ache...oi bhoot dragon sheje amake choto belai ghaar chepe dhorechilo and etto jorse ekta thappor merechilo, in return ami oi dragonke ami ekta lathi merechilaam....ekhon ami roje oi bhoot-ke shopner ghore dekhte pai....!

Last edited by bujhee kom; May 17, 2009 at 12:20 PM..
Old May 17, 2009, 12:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Rabz , just to add to your last post

Please please please guys....never try yaba, crystal meth ,heroine, LSD or Shrooms. Marijuana is not the same as the rest mentioned.

In case u are trying Ecstasy..make sure that water is available near by.

LSD can give u very bad trips (eg: U might see Spider everywhere if u are arachnophobic)

Regular use of Shrooms can cause hallucination even wen u are not using the drug.

Yaba and Crystal meth are the worst drug in the market, beside all the severe health effects, it can completely destroy ur ability to feel pleasure.

Heroine can be very bad also.

Some people try vitamin R or Ritalin because it helps them concentrate on studying, but even if u have ADD it is still not recommended.
I think both you and rabz could have helped me with my exam. haha :p
Old May 17, 2009, 12:59 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

To add to your last HWG, and this is especially to all the pre-teen, teens and younger adults of this forum:

NEVER TRY THEM, those MDMA's namely ecstasy,ice,coke and yaba. Not even in the name of experimenting. Before you know it, your moment of pleasure would turn to prime point of your problem and pain.

Ice and/or Heroine? You'll end up on the streets.

Mushrooms? a schizoprenic.

LSD would end you up in a jail or Pabna.

Regular use of G would make you anti-social and reduces your ability to remember things. You'd also suffer from mini-amnesias.

It might be fashionably cool to "experiment" with drugs when you are young and free, but the consequences are all the same.

You can have fun in life and that fun not necessarily have to be induced by external agents.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 17, 2009, 01:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

By far the most detailed information on Marijuana I've stumbled across.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/

www.erowid.org in general is a great resource if you want to know more about "drugs."