facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old July 10, 2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokai
Raise your hand how many of you thought I was stupid when I said it was a blunder that Mashrafee took batting after winning the toss?

(No, no I'm not gonna think you are stupid if you do).
Well, Mash took the right decision according to Test text book, though he is let down by his team mates, unfortunately.

Old July 10, 2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Is it due to taking lightly or lack of ability ?
I won't say lack of ability either. It is our destiny.
Old July 10, 2009, 12:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Tamim

1.33pm Apparently the rain has died down, but the groundstaff, after taking the covers off emptied the water onto the square right next to the pitch. Ridiculous stuff.
Old July 10, 2009, 12:35 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
1.33pm Apparently the rain has died down, but the groundstaff, after taking the covers off emptied the water onto the square right next to the pitch. Ridiculous stuff.
hahhaha
Old July 10, 2009, 12:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Siddons has been an utter failure in terms of improving batting skills. Regardless, how unteachable our players are. He should do the honourable thing and resign instead of teaching batters how to backlift and square cuts to Ashrafuls. This things could be taught by any Grade A coach with a huge reduction in the salary and less vacations.

We need to sack the current BCB set up immediately. I would rather welcome back Athar, Faruq and Co. Even Dav Whatsore could be approached for a reduced salary package...he needs a proper job again. If not, then people like Bamble or even Boyce should be considered ..seriously! We need a coach who can teach our batters how to use 2nd and 3rd gears and basic footworks. Unlike, Todays Tamims block, block, block followed by a wild heave kind of stuff.
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
i know bhai but ki kormu ai batsman gulu tu ar manush hoilo na
Pine waloko Pineka bahana chahie

There are 1 million bahanas for drinking... If they win drink to celebrate, if they lose drink out of sadness/anger (2 pegs more) depending on the degree of humiliation in defeat.....

Free upodesh ta aar dilam na ota shobai jane tarporeo khaye
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafis 1718
wow nyc work........
Old July 10, 2009, 12:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Well, Mash took the right decision according to Test text book, though he is let down by his team mates, unfortunately.
Well, when you win the toss you are given an "option" to choose between bat or ball for a reason. If it was that obvious, winning the toss would automatically mean batting.

Yeah, yeah, I know that old say, "think....bat". But if there was ever a time to bowl first this would have been it. for two very big reasons:

1) its been raining overnight and both outfield and pitch was sloggy.
2) this is the main reason: we got 9 debutants who did not even had a chance to practice together. They probably did not even had a line up set, when the captain went for the toss. Bowling first give them the chance to settle down and think their strategy trough. It was the difference between starting an air strike at the middle of the night and dropping of leaflet a day ago that at this and this time there will be air strike.

Now, I of course don't know for sure who's decision was it. But whoever took the decision, it was a blunder, no doubt about that.
Old July 10, 2009, 12:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

1.37pm The news gets worse. The covers have come back on after being removed just moments back.
Old July 10, 2009, 12:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Is it due to taking lightly or lack of ability ?

The players have just got a lesson after losing to IRE and the captain is fired. More over the alternative team has provided some opportunity to come out of that grave. They were taking a lot of time to get set. No body was out playing big hits etc don't suggest that they have taken it lightly. I felt, They simply don't have the skills to bat at their will. 6 gone and it could even be allout if the inside edges would go on to stums and missed catches would be taken.

Captain wasn't the problem, it's the coach (Sorry Couldn't avoid if it's a repeatation). Our players aren't improving technically. Technical mistakes don't generally gets corrected in self development method. Not a single player has shown even bits and pieces technical improvement in last more than a year under this coach. He may be a brilliant guy bit he isn't capable of teaching/training. Again, that's my opinion.
I won't say its a lack of ability. We always do worse against debutant players. We've made so many bowlers and batsmen hero in their debut against us. It's all because we take the debutants very lightly.! History repeating

About the coach, I think you are right. I don't understand what he is doing. I don't see any improvements in batsmen. Some say he changed Shakib and Tamim. But question is how and on what basis?
Old July 10, 2009, 12:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokai
Well, when you win the toss you are given an "option" to choose between bat or ball for a reason. If it was that obvious, winning the toss would automatically mean batting.

Yeah, yeah, I know that old say, "think....bat". But if there was ever a time to bowl first this would have been it. for two very big reasons:

1) its been raining overnight and both outfield and pitch was sloggy.
2) this is the main reason: we got 9 debutants who did not even had a chance to practice together. They probably did not even had a line up set, when the captain went for the toss. Bowling first give them the chance to settle down and think their strategy trough. It was the difference between starting an air strike at the middle of the night and dropping of leaflet a day ago that at this and this time there will be air strike.

Now, I of course don't know for sure who's decision was it. But whoever took the decision, it was a blunder, no doubt about that.
spot on...........ryt
Old July 10, 2009, 12:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

What's been gooin oona? Game on or no?
Old July 10, 2009, 12:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Haleem spoke:

Haleem: "In response to Duan: It is true that God brings down rain. It is also true that God instilled logic and common sense amongst men. The BCB would have never scheduled any series during Bangladesh' monsoon season. Just a thought."
Old July 10, 2009, 12:46 PM

rain continues
Old July 10, 2009, 12:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Siddons has been an utter failure in terms of improving batting skills. Regardless, how unteachable our players are. He should do the honourable thing and resign instead of teaching batters how to backlift and square cuts to Ashrafuls. This things could be taught by any Grade A coach with a huge reduction in the salary and less vacations.

We need to sack the current BCB set up immediately. I would rather welcome back Athar, Faruq and Co. Even Dav Whatsore could be approached for a reduced salary package...he needs a proper job again. If not, then people like Bamble or even Boyce should be considered ..seriously! We need a coach who can teach our batters how to use 2nd and 3rd gears and basic footworks. Unlike, Todays Tamims block, block, block followed by a wild heave kind of stuff.
Spot on!
Old July 10, 2009, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

any latest news?
Old July 10, 2009, 12:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by abz..+
any latest news?
http://www.cricinfo.com/wivbdesh2009...ch/401071.html
Old July 10, 2009, 12:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

quality ashes on one side... cricket played by some bunch of monkeys on the other!!
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
rain continues
Dhur miah, ami khela dekhtam
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

1.51pm Some encouraging news now. The rain has stopped, and given the excellent drainage facilities here, the start shouldn't be to far away from now.

from cricinfo
ODI Cricketer

1.51pm Some encouraging news now. The rain has stopped, and given the excellent drainage facilities here, the start shouldn't be to far away from now.
Cricket Savant

Daun from Cayman Islands: "In response to Haleem: The hurricane season in the Caribbean ends around October/November yearly and this game is not the first in the Region that has endured some rain throughout it. I don't know what the monsoon season is like in Bangladesh but as I stated earlier there have been several summers of boiling heat in the Caribbean this summer happens to be one in which it is rainy off and on ... the facts as is."

Dale from Trinidad: "I think that there are a couple positives coming out of this second string WI team. For sure we must appreciate the efforts the bowlers have put out and now they have made themselves worthy candidates for selection in future, now if only the WICB can get their act together."

Haleem: "In response to Duan: It is true that God brings down rain. It is also true that God instilled logic and common sense amongst men. The BCB would have never scheduled any series during Bangladesh' monsoon season. Just a thought."
Old July 10, 2009, 12:55 PM

Cricket Savant

I like Haleem and Duan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Dhur miah, ami khela dekhtam
shuru hobe kichukhhoner modde...