facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 21, 2009, 02:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Don't forget this name, authoba porey postaite hoobe... he is the next biggest thing that will ever happen in Bangladesh Cricket.

And his name is: Mohammed Ameer Amin.

His birth weight was 7lb 5oz and 13" tall. When he was 10 months 9 days old, he first start walking. Before he crossed year one, he start bowling and knocked his dad's bells. He start swearing at the age of 14 months. He developed strong swing when he frst broke the TV with his bat at the age of 2 years old.

I say just check him out and keep a close eye on him. Looks like he is the real deal.He is still three years old, there fore there is plenty of room for him to grow and wow us.

Old October 21, 2009, 02:32 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

omg fazal mamu egulu bole k?

seems like he will be a bad man in world cricket.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 21, 2009, 02:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Don't forget this name, authoba porey postaite hoobe... he is the next biggest thing that will ever happen in Bangladesh Cricket.

And his name is: Mohammed Ameer Amin.

His birth weight was 7lb 5oz and 13" tall. When he was 10 months 9 days old, he first start walking. Before he crossed year one, he start bowling and knocked his dad's bells. He start swearing at the age of 14 months. He developed strong swing when he frst broke the TV with his bat at the age of 2 years old.

I say just check him out and keep a close eye on him. Looks like he is the real deal.He is still three years old, there fore there is plenty of room for him to grow and wow us.
HHS...wow বাপকা বেটা
Old October 21, 2009, 03:00 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

yes! my boy Nasir Hossain played a very important not out 31 in the DPL T20 Final! well done!
Old October 21, 2009, 04:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
its kind of hard to judge these upcoming players based on just numbers. other than some occasional newspaper articles the only other reliable information we have is from the BC members in Bangladesh who follow the domestic season closely and sometimes share their input. and the only time we get live coverage is when U-19 team tours other test nations. like the U-19 tour of England gave me a chance to see a lot of players play live on tv, i read about them before, but now at least i have a little more idea about them. i hope some day in the near future Desh tv and other channels will telecast at least some of the domestic matches if not all.
Totally agree. Unless one is privy enough to watch them perform, to judge these players from a third-person account in articles or some cut-and-dried stats, she is not forming her own opinion but rather reflecting someone else's viewpoint.

Just like I have done right now.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 25, 2009, 02:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

I think we need to follow Shorifullah and Raihanudein Arafat as well both of them selected in BCB XI.played 1 match each against Zimbabwe and did not do bad.

Old October 25, 2009, 08:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
I think we need to follow Shorifullah and Raihanudein Arafat as well both of them selected in BCB XI.played 1 match each against Zimbabwe and did not do bad.

Sharifullah maybe. But Raihanuddin? He played terribly. 8 overs cost 54 runs, and he got Chigumbura's wicket while he was presumably slogging out for quick runs. I don't even know why he was selected in the team. His FC stats are nothing great either.
Old October 25, 2009, 10:14 PM
Forever Bangy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Totally agree. Unless one is privy enough to watch them perform, to judge these players from a third-person account in articles or some cut-and-dried stats, she is not forming her own opinion but rather reflecting someone else's viewpoint.

Just like I have done right now.
All I got out of that was you admitting to be a she.

But speaking of third-hand accounts of uncared-for domestic leagues.. anybody know what's going on in the 1st division one day tournament?
Old October 25, 2009, 10:48 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

there are so many names in the board but most lack of consistency or high level success or showed promise as a match winner. in my opinion, these names are really promising.

(apart from shamsur, shohrawardi shuvo, marshall ayub, mithun ali)-------allready under radar and they are already big name in the A team or domestic

i think most promising in near future

1. Emon Ahmed--- never heard his name before DPL, but he sidelined shahzada, sajedul islam in the mohamedan line up and got success, he seems promising.

2. Nasir hossain-----if u check his under 19 stats or a team performances, he is very consistent and has match winning capacity

3. Anamul hauque-------- very promising, he is super consistent in under 19 level, he was man of the series in england tour, last testagainst england--- he was man of the match and also last ODI against england, he is highest run maker, he stumped 4 and 1 catch,seems like he will make MOM award his own property like shakib in near future.

4. Mahmudul hasan---promising all rounder, didnt show anything extra ordinary yet

5.Subhashis Roy--tall pacer and bowling well

6.Mominul hauque----under 19 player and besides anamul hauque, he is performing. though in the team there is few well known face like amit majumder and saikat ali--but if u follow their score, him and anamul hauque are carrying the whole game in most matches

7. Rony talukder---i think he is playing superbly since last year and he is definitely a future national candidate. most noticeable is his consistency.
Old October 25, 2009, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
there are so many names in the board but most lack of consistency or high level success or showed promise as a match winner. in my opinion, these names are really promising.

(apart from shamsur, shohrawardi shuvo, marshall ayub, mithun ali)-------allready under radar and they are already big name in the A team or domestic

i think most promising in near future

1. Emon Ahmed--- never heard his name before DPL, but he sidelined shahzada, sajedul islam in the mohamedan line up and got success, he seems promising.

2. Nasir hossain-----if u check his under 19 stats or a team performances, he is very consistent and has match winning capacity

3. Anamul hauque-------- very promising, he is super consistent in under 19 level, he was man of the series in england tour, last testagainst england--- he was man of the match and also last ODI against england, he is highest run maker, he stumped 4 and 1 catch,seems like he will make MOM award his own property like shakib in near future.

4. Mahmudul hasan---promising all rounder, didnt show anything extra ordinary yet

5.Subhashis Roy--tall pacer and bowling well

6.Mominul hauque----under 19 player and besides anamul hauque, he is performing. though in the team there is few well known face like amit majumder and saikat ali--but if u follow their score, him and anamul hauque are carrying the whole game in most matches

7. Rony talukder---i think he is playing superbly since last year and he is definitely a future national candidate. most noticeable is his consistency.
Its a good post with good list

Old October 25, 2009, 11:06 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Its a good post with good list

thanks rubel
Old October 26, 2009, 12:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona
All I got out of that was you admitting to be a she.

But speaking of third-hand accounts of uncared-for domestic leagues.. anybody know what's going on in the 1st division one day tournament?
No I am not mona.

I used she as a general case pronoun and then I added "like" to show a non-literal metaphor.

Fail.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 8, 2010, 02:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

looks like a few more interesting prospects are popping up:

Asif Ahmed (RHB):

only 4 FC innings, but he's hit two centuries...only 17 years old. if he continues at a high level, i see no reason to not bring him into the test fold in 3-4 years time. again it all depends on how he continues. hit a century today against SA Academy in an OD game.

Saqlain Sajib (SLA):

did fairly well, consistently taking wickets against SA Academy in the 4-day games. he also got an opening batsmen out in 3 of the 4 innings he bowled, and rarely got his wickets from "running through the tail". seems to be a tallish spinner and those are always helpful.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 8, 2010, 02:07 PM
Cricket Sage

We desperately need another spinner to back up Shakib. Razzak should have never been the choice for test, Enam Jr. has been out of touch for a while, and Shuvo hasn't gotten much of chance to show anything yet, but he's still got a long long way to go. Maybe Saqlain Sajib is our answer, they all seem to be doing awesome until the come into the National team and it all goes down hill for all of them.
Old May 8, 2010, 03:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Saqlain's bowling doesnt seem venomous. I watched him playin 5day final match of NCL. He bowled too slow outside off stump with no swing. He is the type of bowler who waits for mistake. Iinternational batsmen have enough patient and their technique is far more superior so I dont think he is our answer for second spinner.
Infact I dont support to bring another SLA as we got Shakib in the team. Currently Shakib needs an offspinner or legspinner who can turn the ball sharply to be his partner.
Old May 14, 2011, 11:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

looks like quite a few here spoke about Anamul Haque since he was 16 years old.

just ran a few numbers, and will share those with you all.

FC average coming into this season: 11.67
current FC average: 41.23
NCL average this season: 66.57

I looked up his stats from all the 4-day matches he's played for the Academy, U-19 tests, and NCL and over 21 innings he averages 54.88 with 3 hundreds, 4 fifties, and another 3 scores of over 40+. The standard deviation of his scores (excluding not outs) is also quite good (51.8) as opposed to the model of consistency, Tendulkar who in his last 29 dismissed innings averages a whopping 64.83 with an SD of 59.4.

There may have been a few of Anam's innings I missed but I can't seem to find them on cricket archives.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 15, 2011, 05:16 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Watch this video from 1 minute. Anamul is also good behind the wicket as well as in front of the wicket.

Old May 15, 2011, 09:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

current prospects:

shuvogoto hom
sabbir rahman
nur hossain
nasir hossain

future prospects:

anamul haque bijoy
mahmudul hasan limon
mysukur rahman
mizanur rahman
Old May 15, 2011, 09:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

whatever happened to Rabiul Islam? he seems to be not performing as much either in the first class level, or the A team level. just hope we have some in the pipeline for the pacer position..
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old May 16, 2011, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^yea, all the good prospects seem to be either SLA or batsmen
Old May 16, 2011, 10:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Do you mean robiul? Didin't he make his debut at lords?
Old May 16, 2011, 10:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Could anyone tell me whats happening with Sajedul Islam? He hasn't played a game since Jan 2010. He looked like a real prospect to me, i remember he had an injury. But hasn't made a comeback yet?
Old May 16, 2011, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

How old is Saqlain Sajib guys?