facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2010 (Archive)

Old June 3, 2010, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

A lot of people have the Dutch as their second team. They've been my second team for as long as I can remember.

Old June 3, 2010, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
A lot of people have the Dutch as their second team. They've been my second team for as long as I can remember.
Lol. I have them as second team too. But my love for them is new. Especially with the new Van Der Vaart and Sneijder generation. But I also liked Van Nistelrooy a lott

Elano is okay, but Diego and Kaka are still better, to me atleast.
Old June 9, 2010, 01:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
Auntu, it's a generational thing. Those of us who grew up reading about Pele in our Class I/kindergarten books, saw old reels of him playing, and later saw the magic that was the 1982 Brazilian team (the one with Zico, Socrates, and Falcao that didn't win, but played like a dream), became fans of Brazil for life. A somewhat younger group, who saw Maradona in his prime at that impressionable age, became lifelong fans. And an even younger group, who saw Brazil take the Cup a fourth and fifth time, became Brazilian fans again.

For what it's worth, my second favourite team is the Dutch squad, the so-called Orange Crush. Their 1974 team was probably the best team not to win the World Cup.
Shaad bhai, in 1982 I was only 3 and have no memory about that WC. Saw the '86 or '90 WC. Later one was more understandable for me. But I was and still a Brazilian football team fan. '94 and '98 gave the fulfillment for being the champion team's fan.
Old June 9, 2010, 05:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

my second team is who ever beats Argentina...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 9, 2010, 10:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
My money is on Brazil. My support, though, is for the man in my avatar and his teammates. Most people love Torres, I love Villa.
I love Villa. That's my boi.

I really some someone will thrash the German this year. I can't stand them.
Old June 16, 2010, 01:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Brazil all they way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old June 20, 2010, 11:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Congratz Brazil.
Old June 22, 2010, 02:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Looks like Brazil are finding their form...
Old June 23, 2010, 10:52 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

Get ready Brazilian fans, you won't know what just striked you on the 25th. Christinao Ronaldo will score a hat trick. Mwahahaha
Old June 23, 2010, 11:16 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Brazilians will have to head for this, after they get kicked out in round of 16.

They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old June 23, 2010, 11:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

I've never understood why we Bangladeshis love to support Brazil. It makes no sense. Thats not to say Brazil shouldnt be supported, but given that its a country so far away from us, its odd that they enjoy such widespread support. As far as I know, most other countries are a little less consistent with their support...
Old June 23, 2010, 11:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Agree. Deifinitely a big group just support from the zeal. But those who really like soccer cannot hate their style of play. Even if anybody offered to travel Brazil and any other spot, would choose the second even if it is the arch rival, say some big football nation of Europe.
Old June 25, 2010, 04:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond
Get ready Brazilian fans, you won't know what just striked you on the 25th. Christinao Ronaldo will score a hat trick. Mwahahaha
What a joke
Old June 25, 2010, 04:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Expecting a beautiful, high scoring game today.
Also eager to see what the Brazilian bench can offer today. I'm having a feelings they might put a better show today than those who played in the first two.
Old June 25, 2010, 11:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Expecting a beautiful, high scoring game today.
Also eager to see what the Brazilian bench can offer today. I'm having a feelings they might put a better show today than those who played in the first two.
apnar asha bhorosha ekdom e purno hoilo na.

anyway now brazil chile could really be a classic
Old June 26, 2010, 04:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
apnar asha bhorosha ekdom e purno hoilo na.

anyway now brazil chile could really be a classic
Why u think Brazil and chile will be classic!! Today's game against portugal brazil did not play half of their main squad properly and in second half they play nothing because of yellow card and injury issues. That Brazil didn't want to take unnecessary risk also. But it doesn't mean against Chile that will be a classic, that will be actually a easy game
Old June 26, 2010, 08:08 AM
Forever Bangy

Quote:
Originally Posted by parvez
Why u think Brazil and chile will be classic!! Today's game against portugal brazil did not play half of their main squad properly and in second half they play nothing because of yellow card and injury issues. That Brazil didn't want to take unnecessary risk also. But it doesn't mean against Chile that will be a classic, that will be actually a easy game
That was the most boring game of the tournament. I feel dumb for looking forward to it and staying up for it. It didn't have to be like that. Chile on the other hand played very urgently and with ten men no less. I love Brazil because they're supposed to play beautifully, but that's what the Chileans did last night so I wouldn't particularly mind if Chile surprise them. I miss Ronaldhino
Old June 26, 2010, 08:12 AM
Forever Bangy

Btw I think Bangladeshis in general love Argentina more than Brazil.
Old June 26, 2010, 11:46 AM
Street Cricketer

I was quite looking forwards to the match but my fears over the team selection came true. Julio Baptiste was a nobody throughout the match. He had a few touches during the first half and that was about it - his passing was awful his movement non-existent and his first touches all to forget about. There was a clear lack of creativity because of missing key players like Kaka, Robinho and Elano. I actually rate Elano as the most critical player to the team. His work ethic is unquestionable and he and Maicon link well on the right.

Gilberto Silva was really bad once Filepe Melo was substituted. Many of his passes went errant and age is surely showing now. Maicon was not able to do his usual bombing the right flank due to Dani Alves on the overlap. Whilst Dani Alves is a bundle of energy the lack of creative midfielders meant that most of the ball was being played around the halfway mark.

Having said all that, it does not detract from the fact that Portugal went for an ultra defensive approach. For most of the first half and a lot of the second half they resorted to placing 9 players behind the ball. Every time the Brazilian midfield had the ball, the Portugese would just happily sit back and not even attempt to win it back. In other words they were quite happy to draw - as was Brazil, however the key difference was that Brazil tried to make a game of it whislt Portugal didn't want to get hammered as they did the last time they met (6-2).

Possession stats (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...tches/match_45) clearly show that Portugal was the team that wanted to make the game a borefest. This is evident when Portugese coach tells the press how pleased he was with the teams performance (37% possession is hardly to be pleased about). Dunga on the other hand was scathing of Portugal and the fact that Nilmar and Fabiono couldn't find the net from good opportunities was even more frustrating for him. Had there been a Kaka, Robinho and most definitely an Elano, I am quite sure the Portugal coach wouldn't have been so smug after the match.

People seem to have an expectation that every time a team goes out to play football that they should play with suave and a samba style. The game has become a lot more physical and under Dunga, Brazil are prepared to play that sort of game too.

Dunga has disappointed me with his selection when it comes to his forwards. He picked Hulk and Grafite who are out and out strikers yet don't have much to show for it. Ronaldinho in his current form surely would have played better than the woeful Julio Baptiste. Pato was the other surprise drop. Whislt Pato is young (only 20) he has the agility to run at defenders (like Robinho and Kaka) which Brazil seem to be missing on the right. Robinho and Kaka usually drift left.

Heres hoping Fabiano can repeat his Confederations Cup form and really looking forwards to Brazil picking up when it matters.
Old June 27, 2010, 04:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by parvez
Yes bro. But I'm also expecting a fast game against Chile. As the Chileans would also go for attack and the Brazilians could play more freely with the ball.
Old June 28, 2010, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I'm glad Brazil won't face Argentina, Germany or Spain until the finals...any real resistance prior to that could only come from the Dutch
Old June 29, 2010, 01:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Brazil is cruising to the final. I'm having a feeling there might be a Brazil Argentina final.
Old June 29, 2010, 08:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Brazilians will have to head for this, after they get kicked out in round of 16.

sorry to disappoint you guys. now get ready for the sixth championship...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 29, 2010, 10:31 AM
Street Cricketer

I hope Elano is fit for the Netherlands game. Kaka would do well not to get booked - referees seem to dislike him this tournament. He was given a straight yellow for a petty tackle; a caution would have been more fitting.

Sometimes I wonder if referees have an agenda against the Brazilian team especially after 2002. Watching the match on ITV was a pain. The commentators were fast in commending the English ref and his linesman throughout the match. Not only that you would think Juan was also English for the goal he scored."...an English goal" is what the commentator described it as.
Old June 30, 2010, 07:02 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahik
I hope Elano is fit for the Netherlands game. Kaka would do well not to get booked - referees seem to dislike him this tournament. He was given a straight yellow for a petty tackle; a caution would have been more fitting.

Sometimes I wonder if referees have an agenda against the Brazilian team especially after 2002. Watching the match on ITV was a pain. The commentators were fast in commending the English ref and his linesman throughout the match. Not only that you would think Juan was also English for the goal he scored."...an English goal" is what the commentator described it as.
Well stated, feeble Fifa should look into it, if they can.