facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 20, 2010, 10:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
If we can stay 5 down at tea ... only then we can be wishful for a win, till then just play hard for a draw.
also in these 2 sessions we need to manage around 110+ runs in each innings. unless we have 2 recognized batting pairs left after tea it will be a tough task .

Old January 20, 2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
also in these 2 sessions we need to manage around 110+ runs in each innings. unless we have 2 recognized batting pairs left after tea it will be a tough task .
Yes, it will be a tough task, saving the game itself, let alone win. Hence the word 'only then can be wishful'.
Old January 20, 2010, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Go for the draw first. Bat your kolijas out.
Old January 20, 2010, 10:42 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Shakib is also thinking about winning the match.

We must avoid defeat, win will be a big bonus.
Old January 20, 2010, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

If we win, that will be truly a slap in the face of the naysayers. Cricket is the face of unpredictability and hope is is a cruel mistress. But their combination is lethal. God help us.
Old January 20, 2010, 11:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

I would love it if we win and atleast have that attitude on the final day. I would rather go down fighting than go for a draw and end up being bowled out cheaply..

At tea, if we need 150 more to win with 5-6 wickets left then I am very sure we will win and we would also have to reject any bad light offers and take that risk.

Thus in the morning tamim and ash must stay till lunch and bat sensibly especially tamim like he was today and build momentum the longer you bat

victory will be ours, lets do it!
Old January 20, 2010, 12:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

I am optimistic. Sakib will make a hurricane century ( in 87 balls )!! ------ will have big partnership with Mushi and Mahmudollah.
Old January 20, 2010, 12:12 PM
Club Cricketer

If you believe Bangladeshi batsmen will score 400+ runs in the 2nd innings against #1 test team to win the test match, then you need to get your head checked. There's thin line between being optimistic and living in a la la land.

This test is as good as lost.
Old January 20, 2010, 12:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

its very difficult but surely doable
Old January 20, 2010, 12:27 PM
Cricket Legend

i hope we draw atleast but the chances are fading away
Old January 20, 2010, 12:30 PM
Cricket Legend

even though we have the whole day tomorrow (surprised to see we survived til day 5), and 358 runs do not seem like a lot had it been Aus or SA ... in BD case well we can't even hold wickets in hand and we tend to loose wicket each 10-20 over. Sometimes one man's wicket triggers the collapse of the whole team. If we Draw it will be amazing and if we win then Shewag will probably retire his mouth
Old January 20, 2010, 12:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by googo
If you believe Bangladeshi batsmen will score 400+ runs in the 2nd innings against #1 test team to win the test match, then you need to get your head checked. There's thin line between being optimistic and living in a la la land.

Do you have any idea about the history of mirpur and chittagong pitch and how they behaved in the past? then you would not have used the "2nd innings" term. can bangladesh do it or not, that is a different issue , but if they can, then that must be in the 2nd innings, for reference please search for the last 4/5 test matches held at chittagong or for that case, dhaka and the performance of the teams in the 4th inning on those test, both by the G8 countries and by Bangladesh. Also before you write it, you must know that the #1 test team of the world has a very strong batting line-up but their bowling is not all that good in unfavorable pitches and they have very recently given more than 500/600 runs in an inning frequently.

Everyone here understands that it would be a hugely difficult task to win tomorrow, but there is no harm in dreaming and trying, because you may pass or fail if you try and I cannot guarantee your success by trying but I can guarantee that if you don't try, you will not pass. There is nothing wrong being optimistic and in the process of doing so, being termed as a person needing the head to be checked.

but i would suggest before commenting on somebody's optimism or anything, please try to study or follow a bit of cricket so that your logic is validated. thank you.
Old January 20, 2010, 12:55 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
I would love it if we win and atleast have that attitude on the final day. I would rather go down fighting than go for a draw and end up being bowled out cheaply..

At tea, if we need 150 more to win with 5-6 wickets left then I am very sure we will win and we would also have to reject any bad light offers and take that risk.

Thus in the morning tamim and ash must stay till lunch and bat sensibly especially tamim like he was today and build momentum the longer you bat

victory will be ours, lets do it!

ditto on each and every point
Old January 20, 2010, 01:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:

Do you have any problem if I believe that we would win? My belief doesn't have anything to do with you. Right?
Old January 20, 2010, 01:13 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawaherul
Do you have any idea about the history of mirpur and chittagong pitch and how they behaved in the past? then you would not have used the "2nd innings" term. can bangladesh do it or not, that is a different issue , but if they can, then that must be in the 2nd innings, for reference please search for the last 4/5 test matches held at chittagong or for that case, dhaka and the performance of the teams in the 4th inning on those test, both by the G8 countries and by Bangladesh. Also before you write it, you must know that the #1 test team of the world has a very strong batting line-up but their bowling is not all that good in unfavorable pitches and they have very recently given more than 500/600 runs in an inning frequently.

Everyone here understands that it would be a hugely difficult task to win tomorrow, but there is no harm in dreaming and trying, because you may pass or fail if you try and I cannot guarantee your success by trying but I can guarantee that if you don't try, you will not pass. There is nothing wrong being optimistic and in the process of doing so, being termed as a person needing the head to be checked.

but i would suggest before commenting on somebody's optimism or anything, please try to study or follow a bit of cricket so that your logic is validated. thank you.
Here we go again with I have more cricket knowledge than you do. I won't even comment on that.

This could be the most batting friendly pitch on the face of the earth, but scoring 400+ runs in the 4th innings of a test match is never easy. Just the pressure of the 4th innings gets to the batsmen and they fail.

There's a reason why not many teams have scored 400+ runs in 2nd innings to win a test match. And while you're checking the stats do check how many teams have scored 400+ runs to win a test match. Then check if current Bangladeshi team is anywhere near as good as those teams who achieved that target.

There's nothing wrong with supporting your team, but you have to be realistic.
Old January 20, 2010, 01:19 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Do you have any problem if I believe that we would win? My belief doesn't have anything to do with you. Right?
You can believe whatever the hell you want, it doesn't bother me. I hope Bangla team can go on to win this test match, it would boost their moral. But I'm being realistic here. Not many teams have scored 400+ runs to win a test match. So I don't expect them to win.
Old January 20, 2010, 01:24 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
I am actually surprised how pessimistic people are about a BD win tomorrow. 348 from 540 deliveries
Ashraful my boy, just do it one more time, just this time. We all know what you are capable of
Nop..348 from 510 actually..averaging 85 overs everyday as it was.
RRR@4 with 8 wickets remaining
Have to survive 85 overs
5th day pitch..will be lot or turn
Enormous Pressure of making something BIG
20/20 mode of almost all of our batsmen
No Power-plays..no 30 yards circle
No all leg-side bowlings getting called a wide
No 1-for-the-over bouncer calls

Too many odds my bro..too many odds

IMO...forget the RRR..just hang on there..survive the 85 overs.
Gimmi 4 more batsmen in today's Tamim-mode..
History will be made even if it is a draw..
Call me defensive..call me pessimistic..
I think I'm just practical!
Old January 20, 2010, 01:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
You can believe whatever the hell you want, it doesn't bother me. I hope Bangla team can go on to win this test match, it would boost their moral. But I'm being realistic here. Not many teams have scored 400+ runs to win a test match. So I don't expect them to win.
It bothers you and that's why you are here to post. If my post doesn't bother you then why would you bother about what I belief? Some clear contradiction is there in your words.
Old January 20, 2010, 01:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
Nop..348 from 510 actually..averaging 85 overs everyday as it was.
RRR@4 with 8 wickets remaining
Have to survive 85 overs
5th day pitch..will be lot or turn
Enormous Pressure of making something BIG
20/20 mode of almost all of our batsmen
No Power-plays..no 30 yards circle
No all leg-side bowlings getting called a wide
No 1-for-the-over bouncer calls

Too many odds my bro..too many odds

IMO...forget the RRR..just hang on there..survive the 85 overs.
Gimmi 4 more batsmen in today's Tamim-mode..
History will be made even if it is a draw..
Call me defensive..call me pessimistic..
I think I'm just practical!
Trust me Bashir bhai, hanging around there is more difficult for our players. I don't see any hope of surviving if there is no urgency of win there. You may call me pessimistic this way.

Last edited by WarWolf; January 20, 2010 at 01:42 PM..
Old January 20, 2010, 01:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Apparently, Shakib is thinking about victory as well. As long as they don't play unnecessary shots, and preserve wickets until tea, they can have a go at Indian bowling after tea. In my opinion, they need to ensure a draw, even before they can think about a victory...

I think two things are in our favor:
1. The pitch is pretty flat, and it won't provide much assistance to bowlers
2. Indian spin attack is weak, and their pacers won't be as effective in this flat pitch.

I think our biggest threat is the second new ball...
Old January 20, 2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Has any team ever scored 348 runs on the 5th day of a Test match (reagrdless of the outcome)? I am curious.
We did against Sri Lanka...
Old January 21, 2010, 03:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

lol @ this thread. I wish it was true but we have to learn to walk before we can run, our batsmen always blow things up for us, we aren't there yet to think of chasing 400+ scores yet, we will get there but it all takes time. Today was dissapointing that we coudlnt hold on to survive the day on a flat track, that tells more
Old January 21, 2010, 03:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huda
lol @ this thread. I wish it was true but we have to learn to walk before we can run, our batsmen always blow things up for us, we aren't there yet to think of chasing 400+ scores yet, we will get there but it all takes time. Today was dissapointing that we coudlnt hold on to survive the day on a flat track, that tells more
Nothing to laugh at. RIght now we are only 113 runs behind. Wish we could have 3 wickets more.
Old January 21, 2010, 04:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
We did against Sri Lanka...
Nope, we scored about 170 something on the 4th day. and on the 5th day we scored 240 something more.

Last edited by Purbasha T; January 21, 2010 at 04:09 AM..
Old January 21, 2010, 04:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

If we had wickets the game could have been ours. 34 overs 114 runs, RRR 3, if we had 3-4 wickets the game could have been won. Unfortunate that no one else could step up
But WELL DONE BANGLADESH