facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 20, 2010, 06:39 PM
Cricket Legend

I have a very bad feeling about this series. Bad because while it is obvious that BD team is going to be competitive and it will take a level of effort and commitment to come out of this series with the reputation intact, the rewards will not match up with the effort. There is a huge ambiguity between punishment for falure and reward for success. BD is obviously a much better team than what ICC ratings would take into consideration and that is not good.

Old January 20, 2010, 06:40 PM
Cricket Sage

The bowling was not bad.... but so far except for Riyad-Rahim batting, the batting was kind of bad.

The bad weather just made this a more interesting game rather than a sure loss. If they had more time (less loss time) India would have set us a 600 target with 2 days to go.
Old January 20, 2010, 07:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Indian team allout in 70 overs and under 250? That also against an ordinary bowling attack? Some averages must have been compromised. I can't believe this happened on a placid wicket as well.
ashole ta na...

i'm more impressed with taking 8-413 against india, and they didn't really bat overly aggressive (i.e risky). the current wicket is flaaaaat. taking 8 for 413 is a good performance. i'm not at all downplaying 243, but that was a bowling wicket (there was was bounce and turn, and then rajib got some to reverse) and we all know that Indian batsmen cease to be superhuman on sporting wickets.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 20, 2010, 07:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
I have a very bad feeling about this series. Bad because while it is obvious that BD team is going to be competitive and it will take a level of effort and commitment to come out of this series with the reputation intact, the rewards will not match up with the effort. There is a huge ambiguity between punishment for falure and reward for success. BD is obviously a much better team than what ICC ratings would take into consideration and that is not good.
thats true, but all other teams who play BD will also experience the same.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 20, 2010, 07:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
The bowling was not bad.... but so far except for Riyad-Rahim batting, the batting was kind of bad.

The bad weather just made this a more interesting game rather than a sure loss. If they had more time (less loss time) India would have set us a 600 target with 2 days to go.
totally self-denigrating!

they had an innings lead of 1...how are they going to get to 599 in the second innings from 413-8?

the only thing the weather has done is made a draw possible...but it hasn't helped our chances of winning.

413-8, india batted more or less normally, the wicket was achcha flat and so a 5.0 scoring rate shouldn't be mistaken for "losing wickets cuz they were going for quick runs". not when u have sehwag and gambhir at the top. even we are going at nearly 4 an over without being aggressive at all (whatever SN did, sehwag did 5x more).

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 20, 2010, 08:00 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Thanks dj sahastra, nice positive comments

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 20, 2010, 08:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkandi4
Dear surfer,

I enjoy your comments. As Bangladeshi let me thank you for your posting.
Now surfer plz send tkandi4 some Hindi DVD, plain fare to see tajmahal, some bollywood poster with signature, some bhelpuri

lol kidding.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 20, 2010, 10:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

nice posts AF and surfer. I think the batting didn't do too poorly as well. Ind pacers have bowled their heart out and only kayes and nafees have been shown out with poor technique. tamim handled them very well yesterday.
Old January 20, 2010, 10:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobhon
On brighter side, we are better than Pakistan whose Test games end in 3 days
to be honest this test match is yet to reach 3 days in terms of overs. only 240 overs have been bowled when 3 test days equal 270 overs.

but that is not important, what is important is that BD is one partnership away from giving the no 1 test side a very nasty scare, that's more than what many sides have managed to do in the recent past.
Old January 20, 2010, 10:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
Good post there al Furqaan. Though I wish Bangladesh had improved faster, this is not bad at all. I am particularly impressed with the bowling. The line and length your bowlers bowled this series is something I had not seen from them in some time. There were far too less hit-me deliveries. There was an unforeseen confidence in the bowlers. They were asking the right questions and were producing gems from time to time forcing the batsman to pay attention to the details.

The batting however, remains ordinary. Most of your batsmen don't look in great touch even when they are scoring. Don't get me wrong, runs scored and runs scored, but I fail to see the same confidence from the batsmen that your bowlers show. There is still something flashy about the way your batsmen bat. Something that tells the bowler that there could be a wicket round the corner. A good batsman plays even a defense in a way that would demoralize a bowler. That's what is lacking in your batsmen still.

But what I am most impressed with and what has looked absolute world class is the captaincy. Shakib knows everything there is to know about captaincy. The bowling changes and the field placings have been impeccable. The way he was putting pressure on the Indian batsmen in the first innings was remarkable. He can coach the likes of Yousuf for a few years.

I hope it gets better from here. You guys have a brilliant captain for the first time. Good leadership can do wonders even for any team.
You are right on there. I get the same feeling about most of our batsmen too. Even when they are scoring, there is something missing, and like you said, I also get the feeling that any moment they can be gone. I get that from the West Indians as well, though not as much as I get from our batsmen. They are also flashy.

Right about Sakib. He is going to be good captain and that goes miles.
Old January 21, 2010, 02:33 AM

Not a single 50 innings from top order, heck just one single 50+ partnership in first innings ... that says all about our batting strength. Need not to say anything one second innings, its all out there as we always see.

Even all those score doesnt matter, what matter most their lack of common sense to sort out things 'correctly' as the situation asking and stick to the plan untill result comes out. These are the things cant be taught by coach or learned knocking in the net or playing loads of game in the field or just watching footage of great players. Unless and untill they find it as an urgent fix and sit down asking inner self questions and answes. Loads of answers are out there only if they open their heart, be humble, and set to fix from inner self.

Those who are not doing are the prime example in Ash, Aftab, Nafees, Alok to name a few, hence we see no improvement after playing for so long. In fact as it seems they dont even have a clue on the process of a real problem fixing.

Last edited by PoorFan; January 21, 2010 at 04:17 AM..
Old January 21, 2010, 03:10 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
heading into the final day's play, i'd have to say the "progress" of the team overall has been satisfactory. of course it remains to be seen what kind of intensity we come out with at Mirpur in a few days, but so far so good.
I would have happily agreed with you two days ago, and still agree with the first half of the opening post (till "less than perfect reply" part). Also, in this match one can "feel" that it is a much better Bangladesh team that is playing. So I am skeptical about this point, but it should be asked nevertheless :

How would you say this test is different from the first Tests against Australia, Sri Lanka, New Zealand and South Africa in the last four years ? In this match, Bangladesh was in with a chance till about half-way through the Indian second innings. In the above matches, Bangladesh looked like winning well into the last two or three hours of the match.
Old January 21, 2010, 03:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: JOBG

we did not have to win today, but just bat the day out. Right now as it stands there are only 30 something overs left...if our batsmen paced themselves, we could have faught on

Look at shafiul...he could've supported mushy to get his first test century
Old January 21, 2010, 03:34 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Despite all our bowling heroics, it was bad because of non-sense and ugly top order batting. Period.
Old January 21, 2010, 11:57 AM
Club Cricketer

I can only laugh at your reversing theory. The first time I'm hearing that..