facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 21, 2010, 07:10 PM
Cricket Guru

ATMR, no argument that Bangladesh team played lot better than I expected. Still I don't think this match can be termed as a good fight.

Asad, I did not say BD team was outplayed totally (like we had been in all those innings defeats), but it was still obvious that we were losing half way through the match, ie before the lunch on third day. We caught Indians off guard on day one, for not paying enough respect to opposition or the match condition, but they rectified their mistake from day two and we could not do anything to gain back control of the match from that point.

At best, we can claim victory for three sessions - from lunch of day one to lunch of day two. But rest of the glory goes to India.

Old January 21, 2010, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
ATMR, no argument that Bangladesh team played lot better than I expected. Still I don't think this match can be termed as a good fight.
Oh absolutely. All I was pointing out is that these things will happen often if we don't play more FC cricket.
Old January 21, 2010, 07:32 PM
Cricket Guru

The margin was lowered because of the late blitz from Mushfiq. I am happy for him, but in the context of the match - it was a meaningless innings, we knew by then that we were losing (and India knew they were winning).
Old January 21, 2010, 08:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

The reason why we could not pull it through was lack of match practice. Our players have not played a single 4day game since July if I am not mistaken, let alone against stronger opponents. As Bangladesh will play more and more test matches they will learn how to use a good day to win a test match. [Some thing the ODI side is developing over the years]

But India showed why they are #1 team, coming from behind, fighting hard, playing as a team. Well done,[except Sehwag, I still hate him ]
Old January 21, 2010, 08:59 PM
Banned

Bangladesh played a fighting match?? u really must be joking ..
The match would have been over in 3 days if the weather was clear ..
There wasn't even a little bit of fight shown by bangladesh .. even when India was bowled out for 240 odd bangladesh couldn't take the lead .. and by the time bangladesh came to bat the pitch was way better than it was in the 1st inning for indians ..
It show shows their mental fragility ..
They play the match like t20 and odi .. I really can't believe tht they were given test status so many years back and still they don't know wht test match is all abt .. 250-300 is the max score which bangladesh can get in test matches with this attitude ..
Time is running out for them .. they r still on the same level where they were at the time of starting their test status ..

And u guys try to console urself saying u beat India in WC 2007 .. Agree u did .. But wht after tht? they have beaten u in every match since then .. Bangladesh surely can surprise in odis and t20 but test exposes them very badly ..
Old January 21, 2010, 09:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

^^This is really sad, just simply sad...for people like these the world end up being an aweful place! And yes, sadly, in BC, we have a lot of this type of pests from our Bangladesh side as well.

These are not fans of cricket or the sport, these are simply just mosquitoes in the society! Educated or uneducated, just simply mosquitoes.
Old January 22, 2010, 02:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman1980
Bangladesh played a fighting match?? u really must be joking ..
The match would have been over in 3 days if the weather was clear ..
There wasn't even a little bit of fight shown by bangladesh .. even when India was bowled out for 240 odd bangladesh couldn't take the lead .. and by the time bangladesh came to bat the pitch was way better than it was in the 1st inning for indians ..
It show shows their mental fragility ..
They play the match like t20 and odi .. I really can't believe tht they were given test status so many years back and still they don't know wht test match is all abt .. 250-300 is the max score which bangladesh can get in test matches with this attitude ..
Time is running out for them .. they r still on the same level where they were at the time of starting their test status ..

And u guys try to console urself saying u beat India in WC 2007 .. Agree u did .. But wht after tht? they have beaten u in every match since then .. Bangladesh surely can surprise in odis and t20 but test exposes them very badly ..
This guy got banned for this post? Though his post reeks of Sehwag like thoughts, there is some truth to it. Cannot deny that
Old January 22, 2010, 02:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobhon
This guy got banned for this post? Though his post reeks of Sehwag like thoughts, there is some truth to it. Cannot deny that
i think the guilty post got deleted.