facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 16, 2010, 09:58 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Default Upcoming Potential Combos.

The World Championship is not far away. Astonishingly, BCB has been preparing with a trumpet on and off the pitch to show the under whelmed cricketing world its mighty hands.

Recently, I heard in the BD news media outlets that BCB has been hiring bowling and batting coaches to help our sensitive and brilliant team. This is an excellent idea indeed by BCB but hiring three advisers like Washim Akram, Javed Miandad/Shoab Malik(?) and S Ganguly is like ‘an energized flotilla for hara-kiri in a Manchurian Island’. My concern is too many good things in too short a time may be suicidal.

Hiring so many stallion foreign advisors, avoiding the homegrown ones, in such a short time in addition to the Chief Selector and his tinkering company is a cause of concern from a coordination, cohesion, acceptance and on-field-application point of view. Do not forget our tigers and still-crawling tiger cubs are very slow to learn and react on the field when needed.

However, from a positive mindset, I hope BCB will be doing the right things in right times with an anatomy of urgency and success. But the first thing they need is hiring a Media Manager without a tottering English to uphold BD pride, prestige and success in the beaconing world stage with a reverberation of roaring tigers.

Old August 16, 2010, 10:47 PM
Cricket Savant

I agree. Too many cooks and too many experimenting may make joga khichuri out of the team. Excellent thread btw.

Also the time for the 15 man squad is NOW. Ash- hate him or abhor him- should be an automatic choice for his last WC appearance. This is it. Give him an ultimatum and tell him to perform out of
his skin.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 17, 2010, 12:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

FagunerAgun bro, excellent post as usual ,Alhamdulillah

you did make an excellent point about too many ingredients will spoil the food rather than perfecting it. I am afraid we are a bit late, these are right moves by BCB IMHO, but we might be a just a bit late, but we can't blame BCB on this one since our recent international performances promted us to force these changes within the coaching staff otherwise, Champaka Ramanayake, Jamie Siddons was supposed to do a good job with us. right?

Zeeshan bro, I would give Ashraful another go, after all, that man is all about showing off in the big stage at the right times however I would want to see at least some hint/proof of domestic excellent batting performance before making yet another crucial decision on Ashraful. there is no point bringing him in if he fails to score at least two 50+ innings prior to the world cup.

we should definitely have at least 20 players in mind for the world cup.
about 20-25 players should be in the focus.

I thought BCB alreaddy arranged a camp which will attempt to rectify technical issues for players such as Ashraful, Shahdat Hossain ,Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Imrul Kayes, and a few others....no need for me to reenlist the lineup then!
Old August 17, 2010, 12:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Good point FA.

And yes, Ash is a must.
Gets a final shot at it.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 17, 2010, 04:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
The World Championship is not far away. Astonishingly, BCB has been preparing with a trumpet on and off the pitch to show the under whelmed cricketing world its mighty hands.

Recently, I heard in the BD news media outlets that BCB has been hiring bowling and batting coaches to help our sensitive and brilliant team. This is an excellent idea indeed by BCB but hiring three advisers like Washim Akram, Javed Miandad/Shoab Malik(?) and S Ganguly is like ‘an energized flotilla for hara-kiri in a Manchurian Island’. My concern is too many good things in too short a time may be suicidal.

Hiring so many stallion foreign advisors, avoiding the homegrown ones, in such a short time in addition to the Chief Selector and his tinkering company is a cause of concern from a coordination, cohesion, acceptance and on-field-application point of view. Do not forget our tigers and still-crawling tiger cubs are very slow to learn and react on the field when needed.

However, from a positive mindset, I hope BCB will be doing the right things in right times with an anatomy of urgency and success. But the first thing they need is hiring a Media Manager without a tottering English to uphold BD pride, prestige and success in the beaconing world stage with a reverberation of roaring tigers.

it's javed miandad i think,shoaib malik himself could do with a bit of advice on his owm batting!i heard jonty rhodes was supposed to come as well.
Old August 17, 2010, 11:21 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I say lets give Shahriar Nafees a chance. LEts not forget that he was one of our best openers b4 ICL chaos. If he clicks then Tamim and Shahriar combo will be really lethal. And even though I really dont want to see Ashraful anywhere near the team but I think he should be an automatic choice. If he fails then we can all arrange a farewell match for him so that Ashraful shommaner shathe cricket ke biday janate pare
Old August 17, 2010, 11:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I say lets give Shahriar Nafees a chance. LEts not forget that he was one of our best openers b4 ICL chaos. If he clicks then Tamim and Shahriar combo will be really lethal. And even though I really dont want to see Ashraful anywhere near the team but I think he should be an automatic choice. If he fails then we can all arrange a farewell match for him so that Ashraful shommaner shathe cricket ke biday janate pare
Bringing SN will be a very bad idea. Tamim and Kayes pair is just doing fine.
Old August 17, 2010, 12:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananna
Bringing SN will be a very bad idea. Tamim and Kayes pair is just doing fine.
And also SN was given a chance not so long ago & his performance was pathetic. Same old habit of giving wicket keeper & slip fielders catch practice.
Old August 17, 2010, 12:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Shahreer Nafees himself is not bothering to play in national team currently.He is currently working hard to gain his form.also he's willing to play 10 more years professional cricket, be it national team or club.

A new bearded Shahreer Nafees with same long hair

source: ATN News
Old August 17, 2010, 12:42 PM
Cricket Legend

on the same TV report,Alok Kapali:

''ঘরের মাঠে বিশ্বকাপ, তাই খেলার ইচ্ছা আছে।নিজেকে সেভাবে প্রস্তুত করছি''

Mohammad Ashraful :
''যেহেতু নিজেদের মাটিতে বিশ্বকাপ,সেজন্য অবশ্যই চেষ্টা করবো ভালো কিছু করার।ইচ্ছা আছে দুই একটা ম্যাচ একাই জিতিয়ে দিব''
Old August 17, 2010, 12:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Ashraful er comment porle mathar chandi gorom hoye jay. Selfish & hero wannabe.
Old August 17, 2010, 01:42 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
And also SN was given a chance not so long ago & his performance was pathetic. Same old habit of giving wicket keeper & slip fielders catch practice.
I think he only got one match to prove himself against India. Remember his innings of 130+ aganst Australia? You cant perform just by Coming back to national team after a long break and knowing that he has to perform otherwise he'll be dropped again. I believe he deserves few more matches (4-5) to prove himself. I know Imrul is doing fine but do you really like the way he bats ?
Old August 17, 2010, 02:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I think he only got one match to prove himself against India. Remember his innings of 130+ aganst Australia? You cant perform just by Coming back to national team after a long break and knowing that he has to perform otherwise he'll be dropped again. I believe he deserves few more matches (4-5) to prove himself. I know Imrul is doing fine but do you really like the way he bats ?
So doing fine is not enough for you? It's BD not Aussie bro. We don't have luxury to look good. We just get the job done. Atleast wait for Imrul's bad patch to call for his head.
Old August 17, 2010, 04:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
right,not only SN I don't want any other ICLer,infact I don't think we need any change,but I hope to see Jahurul behind the stumps more.
Old August 17, 2010, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
I agree. Too many cooks and too many experimenting may make joga khichuri out of the team. Excellent thread btw.

Also the time for the 15 man squad is NOW. Ash- hate him or abhor him- should be an automatic choice for his last WC appearance. This is it. Give him an ultimatum and tell him to perform out of
his skin.
Thanks ZeeshanM.

If Ash knows somehow this is his last appearence, then how can we give him an ultimatum!! I think we can simply tell him or request him to perform. Seems to me he is a fork in the throat for BCB.
Old August 17, 2010, 11:21 PM
Banned

We need better coaches for grade level teams as well. Nannu & Nobel are not good enough anymore.
Old August 18, 2010, 03:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
We need better coaches for grade level teams as well. Nannu & Nobel are not good enough anymore.
Makes sense. However, BCB can appoint one or two assistant coaches from BD to pacify the 'revolt' by the locals. Yesterday, I was watching the emotional statement by Sujon, which is not good for a sound cricketing environment.
Old August 18, 2010, 04:13 AM
Cricket Legend

^^^watching it where?
Old August 18, 2010, 09:38 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
Makes sense. However, BCB can appoint one or two assistant coaches from BD to pacify the 'revolt' by the locals. Yesterday, I was watching the emotional statement by Sujon, which is not good for a sound cricketing environment.
what did he say?
Old August 18, 2010, 04:25 PM
Banned

He was talking with Ntv Bangla in Dhanmondi cricket ground. He said he had a verbal job contract with BCB till June/July of 2011. Now he can hear from the media that he does not have a job in BCB which has surprised him. He said he respects BCB’s decision but telling him about the news upfront by BCB could have been better. He thinks his wonderful contribution to the team and the country has not been appropriately appreciated by BCB.

This interview was followed by an interview with JS in Mirpur Indoor Stadium I believe, who vehemently told the reporter that a Bangladeshi coach or an assistant coach is significantly needed in the team, specially for smooth communication between the players and English speaking coaches in some vital time.
Old August 18, 2010, 04:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

I think there is some misunderstandings going on. He is not losing his job.

He is going to take over the Manager's post.
Old August 19, 2010, 09:57 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

BCB seriously needs to work on its communication skill, I wonder how could they call BCB a professional organisation.
Old August 19, 2010, 11:53 AM
Cricket Legend

^^^who calls it a professional organisation apart from perhaps they themselves?
Old August 19, 2010, 07:53 PM
Banned

Situation like that took place in BCB before, perhaps multiple times, when some employees and players involved, did not know first hand about their employment changes with BCB. They learnt ii from the media, which had frustrated them, naturally and out rightly. It shows tremendous non-professionalism, incompetence, and lack of goodwill and respect of Operations Management, Communication Management and Policy Management of BCB. Seems to me they are like some of our cricket players, ‘they never learn from their own mistakes’. This level of operations as well as business strength is less favorable for a sustainable and persistent growth of BCB in the world of rugged professionalism, and for its day-to-day operations on and off the field.

BCB could have simply called up that person to notify the change. There might have been some emotional challenges from the disgruntled employee but the BCB employee or the Public Relations Manager - in charge of communicating, could have shown standard cliental service experience - abilities and skills to handle irate clients and defuse their anger and frustration, possibly to give a positive memorable cliental service experience; then negotiate and bargain if needed.
Old August 21, 2010, 05:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Ashraful er comment porle mathar chandi gorom hoye jay. Selfish & hero wannabe.
Keno re bhai?

I think that's the attitude every player should have, wheather they can do it or not.

This is not something like eka goal kore ba eka basket kora attitude. In cricket this attitude is perfectly ok. Individual heroics are more welcome in cricket than any other team sports. However, a captain can talk of team and group efforts, but an individual player generally will talk of his own performance.

So, I think you are angry with Ash, that's ok, but don't be angry with everything he does and talks. in fact he isn't bulshitting, he has the ability of doing it and has shown individual heroics when we had none other to support him in the team, then why not now?

Let the team play balanced cricekt, since we have much better boys around, His mind could be set in to this mode (As he said) if he is properly encouraged and supported, I'm sure that we will see victory against G8 more often. He could be that difference. He is not a responsible guy, so he should be given a role without responsibility. Like one that Afridi enjoys.