facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old February 14, 2011, 05:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default The Legend Ronaldo Retires

All 47 goals in 49 games in his one season at Barcelona

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bffUNX3qX3s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVxT-cPFNJw

all 15 of his world cup goals for Brazil, a world cup record:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=200UXfWgMQM

Zidane On Ronaldo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tea20qaiYl4

That Impostor CR9 needs to change his name to C9 or something, not many could come back from his Injury be slightly overweight in 02 and still be the best the player in the World.

Old February 14, 2011, 08:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

my all time favorite player... thanks for all the entertainment.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 14, 2011, 10:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

LMAOO... I loved that sentence Cricman "not many could come back from his Injury be slightly overweight in 02 and still be the best the player in the World. "

I was never really a Ronaldo lover. Sure he did some great things but I think I wrote a huge post about why I think he is not really a legend. But still take nothing away, he has given great things to football, even though I think he should have retired atleast 2 seasons ago, atleast then he would have some more respect from other people :P
Old February 14, 2011, 10:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Wadda player. I feel privileged to have watched this man play the beautiful game.
Old February 15, 2011, 12:18 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

One of the best striker of football history.. Aah! What a player! I just loved the way he alwayes used to play with goalkeeper and passed them by making them fool.. His dribling.. Good bye Phenomenon..
Old February 15, 2011, 12:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
LMAOO... I loved that sentence Cricman "not many could come back from his Injury be slightly overweight in 02 and still be the best the player in the World. "

I was never really a Ronaldo lover. Sure he did some great things but I think I wrote a huge post about why I think he is not really a legend. But still take nothing away, he has given great things to football, even though I think he should have retired atleast 2 seasons ago, atleast then he would have some more respect from other people :P
A legend is a legend whether he retired two year earliar or later. He is one of three greatest prospect of football since 1990. I wonder what denied you from acknowledging him as a legend. May be you are blinded by hatred or you considered the fact too much that he never played EPL.
Old February 15, 2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman

All 47 goals in 49 games in his one season at Barcelona

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bffUNX3qX3s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVxT-cPFNJw

all 15 of his world cup goals for Brazil, a world cup record:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=200UXfWgMQM

Zidane On Ronaldo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tea20qaiYl4

That Impostor CR9 needs to change his name to C9 or something, not many could come back from his Injury be slightly overweight in 02 and still be the best the player in the World.
nice farewell thread.. But i think u should have also add these..
http://soccerlens.com/top-100-greate...tballers/3888/

http://www.goal.com/en/news/2804/goa...-of-the-decade
Old February 15, 2011, 12:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
I don't think you understood the context of what I wrote, not many could come back from that type of Injury period. Look at the Scar in the Video I embed.

In 02 The Weight was a product of the Injury/Rehab

After 02, he got lazy ... He got redemption for 98 and didn't work as hard as once did but it didn't catch up to him until very recently.

I was watching a video of him playing in Brazil, he was still amazing.

Someone on another board wrote, well could he have done it vs Blackburn? People forget he was doing things in Brazil when Brazil was by and far the #1 domestic league in the world. If he went to England he would have partied harder, smashed more Prostitutes and Scored more goals, probably make him an even bigger legend.

If he played in this era, forget it his speed and size would have produced more goals & he never dove

The EPL is not the end all be all, he did it Brazil, Spain, & Italy when those leagues were better than the EPL
Old February 15, 2011, 01:03 AM
Cricket Legend

^legends generally avoid EPL. They probably dont want to play rugby in name of football.
Old February 15, 2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
I don't think you understood the context of what I wrote, not many could come back from that type of Injury period. Look at the Scar in the Video I embed.

In 02 The Weight was a product of the Injury/Rehab

After 02, he got lazy ... He got redemption for 98 and didn't work as hard as once did but it didn't catch up to him until very recently.

I was watching a video of him playing in Brazil, he was still amazing.

Someone on another board wrote, well could he have done it vs Blackburn? People forget he was doing things in Brazil when Brazil was by and far the #1 domestic league in the world. If he went to England he would have partied harder, smashed more Prostitutes and Scored more goals, probably make him an even bigger legend.

If he played in this era, forget it his speed and size would have produced more goals & he never dove

The EPL is not the end all be all, he did it Brazil, Spain, & Italy when those leagues were better than the EPL
top post...
Old February 15, 2011, 12:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:

Would you give up something that you love. And the respect from the other people, i don't think you would have respected him even if he retired in 2002 after winning the world cup.

He is the best striker since Pele and goals that he scored while playing for Barcelona were amazing.
Old February 15, 2011, 11:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Sure I like EPL, but a lot of great players never played for EPL teams. Doesnt mean I dont like them. EPL is not the factor. The factor is to be a legend you have to play at the highest level throughout your entire career. playing 2-3 seasons amazingly and then dropping to low standards, I dont consider that legendary performance. I dont hate him, I just dont think he is a legend. I respect him, but I would have had much more respect for him if he had retired after the 2006 world cup, he just wasnt fit enough to play. And then it was just downfall for him, sold from Madrid, dropped from Milan main XI, none of these are great things for someone like him. There is a limit for everything, he exceeded it, and I think he paid for it He scored some great goals in his time, but that time was small.

And Cricman, I dont think Brazil was the best league, atleast not when he was in it, by far. One can argue between La Liga and EPL, but not Brazil. Agreed with you that he was plagued by injuries and it really hurt his career as a whole but still, thats football, you gotta get up and keep moving. If you become lazy and dont get back on track when you have the oppurtunity, you fall behind. Thats what happened to him. His career skyrocketed in 2002, but then it just kept falling, he never got back up. Again, EPL is not the answer here, I dont care whether he played in EPL or not. I just dont think he should have played after 2006, that certainly made me lose a lot of respect for him. If you compare the 2002 Ronaldo with the 2008 Ronaldo, you will see what I am talking about. The speed, the dribbling, the agility, nothing that defined Ronaldo in 2002 was there. He was a great player, no questions, just dont think he was a legend or as some of you are saying the best striker in the world, certainly for a few years, but not one of the best EVER.
Old February 16, 2011, 01:31 AM
Cricket Legend

^so you started to follow football from 2002. Whatever Ronaldo has done before 2002 has no value to you. For your information he has won 2 fifa players of the year and among the runners up 2 more time between 1995-2002(7 years).
How old are you Ashraf?
Old February 16, 2011, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rafi_
^so you started to follow football from 2002. Whatever Ronaldo has done before 2002 has no value to you. For your information he has won 2 fifa players of the year and among the runners up 2 more time between 1995-2002(7 years).
How old are you Ashraf?
bhaiya.. Not 2 time.. 3 time World best footballer.. Nd for ashraf bro.. Ronaldo's best time was 1995-2000.. I mean that time he was in simply outstanding form before that career threating injury.. Nd after that injury he lost his lots of speed nd power but though you know what he did in Wc 2002 after comeback to field more than 2 years... Nd for your kind information Ronaldo is the youngest footballer to win Fifa World best player award at the age of Just 20...

Last edited by ahnaf; February 16, 2011 at 08:22 AM..
Old February 16, 2011, 10:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

This video shows his skills. Just amazing

Old February 16, 2011, 10:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

One of the best! The last few years are forgetable, but in the late 90s, he was just amazing.
Old February 16, 2011, 10:59 AM
Cricket Legend

He was a beast. Unbelievable scoring record.
Old February 16, 2011, 12:03 PM
Cricket Legend

aptly named el fenomeno....
we are lucky to see him play in our lifetime....
Old February 16, 2011, 06:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rafi_
How old are you Ashraf?
3 times player of the year award, and the seasons he won it for, very well deserved But I think you guys are missing my point, I am not saying he was never good, I am just saying he was great, but not throughout his whole career. He lost most of his magic after 2004-2005. And I didnt start following football from 2002. His first season at Barca, 96-97 was great and so was his time at Inter. Before Barca, he played at PSV in a not so strong league, for the strongest team in the league. So I really think his main career time, when he was at the top of his game, was from 96-2002. That is only 6 years, and IMO, thats not enough to make him a legend. His form never even went CLOSE to anything like his time in Barca after 2002, and thats what made me lose a lot of my respect for him. Like I said yesterday, you have to know when to end it, he just played for too long and played bad, making himself look far worse than he would be had he stopped at the right time, ie 2006. Getting released by Milan really doesnt help the reputation of a player like him.

Ohh btw I am 15, but I have been following football for my whole life (:
Old February 16, 2011, 07:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

My first football icon.