facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 23, 2010, 09:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Has anyone noticed that Razzak is now a wicket-taker? Earlier, he used to be content with low run rates. Now he seems to have a plan for the batsman's wicket. Perhaps, he is finally fully comfortable with the modified bowling action.
Really? We must have been watching two different players. Razzak has been totally lousy after his action modification. He was also a wicket taker before but with a much better economy rate. Now he bowls legside every now & then. I'd trade him in a heart beat for a player like Nasir Hossain.

Last edited by Habib; October 23, 2010 at 09:56 PM..

Old October 23, 2010, 11:16 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Really? We must have been watching two different players. Razzak has been totally lousy after his action modification. He was also a wicket taker before but with a much better economy rate. Now he bowls legside every now & then. I'd trade him in a heart beat for a player like Nasir Hossain.
This observation was based on the NZ series. Perhaps, we were watching different players. The payer I was watching had an economy rate of 3.95, excellent by today's standards. He got only 5 wickets in 4 matches. But, I saw him trying to get wickets, not just maintain line/length to keep the batsman in check.
Prior to Razzak's mandatory action change, he was content with keeping scoring in check. If what I saw was true, Razzak might become a useful test bowler as well.
I did not see him bowl on the legstamp that much this series, but during the prior ones.
Old October 23, 2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Nasir Hossain is not even 19. He has the promise to be an excellent allrounder. I, however, would wait to see how he actually performs in the ODI over time before anointing him anything.
Old October 23, 2010, 11:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

whatever the opponent we should not take the opponent lightly we lost to Netherlands and Scotland and Ireland as well so we need to make sure we don't do the same with Zimbabwe. This is the time our batsmen can get some power play batting practice in these matches
Old October 23, 2010, 11:54 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

Zimbos will thrash the tigers 3-2
Old October 24, 2010, 12:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
yea,what do we do during the 2 months after zim leaves?i say,ask WI to tour us again...
Ya, why not !!
Old October 24, 2010, 01:53 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
We beat NZ 4-0, if we are scared of Zimbabwe now, then the players should pack their bags, book a flight to Honolulu and then open up a dollar shop and settle down.
Its really very sad to see such pessimism among the BC members even after our performance against NZ and Zimbos performance in SA!
Old October 24, 2010, 02:18 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

Do u think SL or Aus or India would be afraid of ZIM!!!!! Even after thrashing NZ 4-0 people are still so down on the team. They are not real supporters... supporters back the team even if things dont go well. They are going well yet those people still don't back the team!

The very worst type of supporter and not needed.
Old October 24, 2010, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
The thing is, batting is their strength but bowling is ours. And in this case they suck against our bowling. Our batting is more talented than Zimbabwe's but we are a bit more inconsistent which won't be much of a problem since Zimbabwe's bowling isn't too special.
Call Shareer Nafees - case closed!
Old October 24, 2010, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond
Old October 24, 2010, 09:37 AM

Default Please don't be rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
Do u think SL or Aus or India would be afraid of ZIM!!!!! Even after thrashing NZ 4-0 people are still so down on the team. They are not real supporters... supporters back the team even if things dont go well. They are going well yet those people still don't back the team!

The very worst type of supporter and not needed.
Please don't be judgmental and rude. If you have been in this forum long enough, you must have noticed that we try to discuss things in a civil manner, even when we don't agree.

How do you know I am not a real supporter? I have been supporting BD for 33 years now, much of it pretty disappointing years. BTW, how do I know you are a real supporter, not just a fair-weather one, after our first triumph against a G8 team?

Finally, while I fully expect BD to win 4-1 or 5-0, there is no point in being overconfident. We have lost several matches to the associates this year. I felt that overconfidence played a part in those defeats.
Old October 24, 2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
Its really very sad to see such pessimism among the BC members even after our performance against NZ and Zimbos performance in SA!
I see no pessimism here. No supporter is predicting a defeat in the hands of ZIM. It's that some are cautiously optimistic, even while calling for a 4-1 or 5-0 series win.
Old October 24, 2010, 10:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond
u should be banned for saying such oshlil things!
Old October 24, 2010, 10:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

I hope, BD learned their lesson from Netherland. WC around the corner, there is no reason to be delusional. Zim is much stronger than they met few years ago. Just a reminder, they have Campbell, Streak, Flower as their coach as well as other think tank. They are improving rapidly. BD, batting is lot to be desired. Hope they rectify these issues in the coming series.
I can say, it will not be cake-walk. However, BD will win Inshallah.
Old October 24, 2010, 11:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

I am not being pessimistic AND I daresay, I am almost a die-hard supporter of Bangladesh. The biggest proof is, as I became older, I lost interest in watching cricket(still love to play it though and still play it), especially after the retirements of the stars like Wasim,Waugh, Donald, etc....So, now I only watch cricket or follow the news when Bangladesh plays. I have even watched them, when they continued to fail even when my own Mom used to ridicule me for watching games involving Bangaldesh.

However, I belong in the cautious group. I m being practical here because even though we won against New Zealand, I believe it had more to do with the Kiwis' loss of form more than anything else. Truth be told, whatever Bangladesh did bad the New Zealanders just did worse, and that is the only reason aparrt from Sakib why we won. I dont know about other supporters but I believe, there is indeed quite a few reasons for concern, and I truly believe Zimbawe will pose a bgger threat than New Zealand ever did, and TBH, I wont be surprised, if we end up losing the series to them. The main reason is, ofcourse our batting, which looks really dodgy as everything seemed to hinge on a single player - Sakib. Sharier Nafees is still as crap as before, (luckily played one good innings), numbers 3,4, 6 & 7 batsmen are all out of form, Tamim is coming back from an injury so it will take him some time to get back the good form he was in, our inability to use the battng PP. Truly, I think Zmbawe has a better batting line-up than the out of form, inexperienced Kiwis. And I daresay, scores less than 250 will never be enough to beat the Zimbos.

So maybe I m being pessimist but I m perfectly fine with it as, that's what optimists call a realist. I will say, what is fact and the fact is our bowling has indeed come a long way and is undoubtedly much better than anything the Zimbaweans have to offer, be it out spin or pace department. The fielding too is also a much improved unit and it contiues to improve. However, its also a fact that our batting still depends on one or two players, while the others keep failing. In other words, the bottomline is, at the moment, the Zimbawe batting line-up is much more stable than Bangladesh and our batting still continues to unimpress me, there's been absolutely no improvement apart from the talented players like Sakib and Tamim. Imrul has been the only exception.

If we replaced the Zimbawe bowling line-up with the Kiwi one, while their batting line-up s kept unchanged, they would end up winnng the matches against us. Heck, any sub-continental team would've murdered us, with scores less than 250. In short, our batting SUCKS. We still fail to post us decent totals. We still cant even score 250 runs regularly, while other teams, including Zimbawe can score 260+ with relative ease nowadays.

I dont like how people are doing so much barabari over a series win against this pathectically weak New Zealand team. I think even that make-shift West Indies team who got defeated by us, was better than the current New Zealand team without Oram and Styris. I just dont like how the players are beng rewarded with land, cars, and stuff over a mere series win. I mean its not like we won the worldcup or won a series against a Number 1 team. Too much fuss being made makes me remember when everyone would shower the players with gifts after a single win against a big team and the players would jump up and down with joy akin to winnng a world cup after a single won game. I mean, winning should be natural to the players now as they really are professional sportsmen unlike the players of old and similarly, the fans should also stop getting so over-hyped over a single series wn as if we just won the cup. I say, save those political rewards and grants for the World Cup matches after and if, we manage to cross the group stage. I mean we just lost matches against Ireland and even Netherland, right after winning a game against England. Now, what does that tell you? It tells me, Zimbawe has more than a decent chance. I hope, my fears end up being nothing more than me being paranoid, but after a long history of watching my team lose again and again, I fear to dream too much.

Last edited by dark mage; October 25, 2010 at 05:00 AM..
Old October 24, 2010, 12:02 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Few things to clarify, if I could please:

• There is a difference between pessimism and negativity, they are not the same.
  • Optimism exists because pessimism exists as well.
  • Optimism is a tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome, thus may overlook partly the opportunities for growth or potential weaknesses without any meticulous attention.
  • Pessimism is an inclination to emphasize adverse aspects, conditions, and possibilities or to expect the worst possible outcome. In this thread situation, pessimism is not as bad as we think it is, there is nothing wrong with that. Only problem is if we mix up pessimism with negativity. For a fair and in detail discussion, we need both groups, the pessimists and the optimists.
  • Generally, pessimists are more cautious or more attentive to the situations or events than optimists.
  • Furthermore, we are here to discuss, not for gross generalization or judgment.
  • We, either pessimist or optimist, are all this forum members, and we do love BD cricket, just with different opinions.
Old October 24, 2010, 06:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
u should be banned for saying such oshlil things!
You are not the mod, you should be banned for playing mind games with the mod and for trying to get me banned. Mind your own business, behenji.

Last edited by Bond; October 24, 2010 at 06:59 PM..
Old October 25, 2010, 06:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush

darun bolechen ostad