facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 4, 2011, 04:45 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

If we beat them in the first game... then I predict India to crash out of the world cup in the 1st round... I don't think they would be able to handle a defeat like this psychologically especially since it will be the first game...

Old February 4, 2011, 05:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
If we beat them in the first game... then I predict India to crash out of the world cup in the 1st round... I don't think they would be able to handle a defeat like this psychologically especially since it will be the first game...
I think they can in this format. Last WC format was very tight.
Old February 4, 2011, 06:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I think they can in this format. Last WC format was very tight.
I think you may be right, this format has made thinking about the "cricket cash cow India" , the governing body and the sponsors wants India to be present in the WC after first round matches at any cost.

Last time they shortened group matches because they didn't want so called minnows to play more than 3 matches but unfortunately (or fortunately for us) that decision became boomerang to the decision makers.
Old February 4, 2011, 07:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

shahosh koto sehwager?????eibar bujhbe thela.FATAYA DIBO!!!!!
Old February 4, 2011, 07:27 AM
Banned

Don't know how can Sehwag term it has revenge match .. Lightning cannot strike twice .. flukes don't happen everyday .. India is going to win this even if they let Bangladesh to bat twice ..
They have beaten bangladesh in every test, T20 and ODI so easily after WC debacle .. There is nothing left to take any revenge .. How much one can kill a person who is already so dead and buried ..
Sehwag should let bangladeshis dream of repeating one match which they won some 4 yrs back .. He should be at his butchering best and should take their bowlers to the task ..
Real test for bangladesh will be against associate nations .. They even lost to Ireland/ Scotland (not sure which team was tht) ..
Bangladesh will be really lucky to even make it to QF .. To be true they should be happy tht they r given a chance to host the WC..
Old February 4, 2011, 07:43 AM
Cricket Legend

News 9 : Graeme Smith : I think Bangladesh might spring a surprise or two

Source: http://www.iol.co.za/sport/cricket/s...e-wc-1.1021482

Last edited by WorldCup11; February 4, 2011 at 04:26 PM..
Old February 4, 2011, 07:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

who let you register in this site nowayout? why don't you be out like your name suggest.
Old February 4, 2011, 07:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowayout
Don't know how can Sehwag term it has revenge match .. Lightning cannot strike twice .. flukes don't happen everyday .. India is going to win this even if they let Bangladesh to bat twice ..
They have beaten bangladesh in every test, T20 and ODI so easily after WC debacle .. There is nothing left to take any revenge .. How much one can kill a person who is already so dead and buried ..
Sehwag should let bangladeshis dream of repeating one match which they won some 4 yrs back .. He should be at his butchering best and should take their bowlers to the task ..
Real test for bangladesh will be against associate nations .. They even lost to Ireland/ Scotland (not sure which team was tht) ..
Bangladesh will be really lucky to even make it to QF .. To be true they should be happy tht they r given a chance to host the WC..
You are talking dumb like Shewag.

What revenge Shehwag talking about? 4 years pass. India have beaten us already multiple times. He was just trying to hype up their team. Soooo dumb, could not find any better motivational speech.
As you said we are been buried. Well, here is news for you, that Bangladesh pass long. You will see new one.This is new Bangladesh. We are brave people. Just watch - we will choke you. All you have is reputation.
Old February 4, 2011, 08:08 AM
Banned

New Bangladesh?? lolzz.. u must be kidding ..
If ur team can't win even after hearing from Shewag tht u guys can't take 20 wickets .. So u can never win .. If tht don't motivate u to win nothing ever will ..
See the thing is u guys r going to lose .. But it would be real nice if ur team can think how to minimize the impact of loss .. NRR may help u get into next round .. So it would be better if bangladesh batsman make 200/8 and lose by less margin.. rather than getting out on 100 odd ..
Indian batting is way too much for Bangladesh and bowling (no matter how weak) more than enough to dismiss Bangladesh cheaply ..
As I wrote in previous post.. Bangladesh is not going to win even if they bat twice .. and bowl half the overs to Indian batsman ..
Old February 4, 2011, 08:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Hi "nowayout" , thanks for your expert opinion.

Quote:
Lightning cannot strike twice
Have you ever seen a lightning rod on the tallest building of any city? have a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reFdS...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad9Uzb1nWG4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD-cS...eature=related

All these lightning struck to the same building and same rod, that's the basic principle of lightning, Whenever a thunder storm gather somewhere, it'll always hit "the tallest object on the ground"

If in cricketing term "Thunder storm" means "worldcup" and the "tallest object" is .... well you can figure that out as you have already figured out a lightning has struck 4 years ago ...
Old February 4, 2011, 08:31 AM
Banned

haha .. U need to understand the context of wht is said rather than interpreting it literally ..
Guys I am telling u.. stop living in dreamworld .. Bangladesh is never going to beat India in coming next decade .. Particularly not with ur current team tht is for sure ..
It will be better if they can plan how to beat minnows .. and keeping good runrate while getting defeated by India .. One defeat against minnows in WC and Bangladesh will be relegated to ODIs only and afghans will take their place in test arena .. btw afghan is the team to reckon with in near future .. Just see how they have grown .. Bangladesh need to learn something rather than just dreaming from one series to another ..
Old February 4, 2011, 09:44 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
haha .. U need to understand the context of wht is said rather than interpreting it literally ..
Guys I am telling u.. stop living in dreamworld .. Bangladesh is never going to beat India in coming next decade .. Particularly not with ur current team tht is for sure ..
It will be better if they can plan how to beat minnows .. and keeping good runrate while getting defeated by India .. One defeat against minnows in WC and Bangladesh will be relegated to ODIs only and afghans will take their place in test arena .. btw afghan is the team to reckon with in near future .. Just see how they have grown .. Bangladesh need to learn something rather than just dreaming from one series to another ..
Dream always helps you setting goals, and you can always achieve the destination by breaking it down into small objectives...as Bangladesh is doing right now by achieving those objectives. is not far beyond..... Skepticism sometime helps the perfectionist..., and you are welcomed.

I love their (Afghan's) passion for the game and optimistic. I also hope "afghans will take their place in test arena"

Its not 03, its 2011.
Signs of improvements are clear, and within next decade, in Test, many big guns are destined to fall (including India) under the red-green flag
Old February 4, 2011, 09:57 AM
Club Cricketer

Oh Come on!! Why did we ban this guy nowayout ....I was intensely enjoying the concentrated stupidity of this guy........It was like watching a monkey make faces at you and trying to throw its own stinky excrement at the visitors.....DAMN!!!!

Maaaann!!!! India is the homeland of such cricket "pundits"....They truly deserve to be the "world champions"
Old February 4, 2011, 10:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
New Bangladesh?? lolzz.. u must be kidding ..
If ur team can't win even after hearing from Shewag tht u guys can't take 20 wickets .. So u can never win .. If tht don't motivate u to win nothing ever will ..
See the thing is u guys r going to lose .. But it would be real nice if ur team can think how to minimize the impact of loss .. NRR may help u get into next round .. So it would be better if bangladesh batsman make 200/8 and lose by less margin.. rather than getting out on 100 odd ..
Indian batting is way too much for Bangladesh and bowling (no matter how weak) more than enough to dismiss Bangladesh cheaply ..
As I wrote in previous post.. Bangladesh is not going to win even if they bat twice .. and bowl half the overs to Indian batsman ..
Dementia or alzheimer, I do not know which one you have, however, let me remind you that you lost to Zim not long ago. So come again, we brought down your pride in 2007 and we will bring it down again inshallah.
Old February 4, 2011, 01:46 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni
Default Not sure....

Bigging up is good but only to certain extent. As an Indian supporter we learnt this hard way last world cup. I see lot of guys are bigging up their players in this forum, but I can only see two match winners in Bangladesh squad( Tamim and Sakhib). I totally understand that Bangladesh has grown a lot from the last world cup but guys you are underestimating India if you think they are the same as 2007 -Indian team

If you look @ the last World cup one of the reason Bangladesh beat us is because nobody expected them to do so, it was a big surprise when it came. This time its very different we know what your team is capable of....

May the best team wins.

best of luck guys.
Old February 4, 2011, 02:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
Bigging up is good but only to certain extent. As an Indian supporter we learnt this hard way last world cup. I see lot of guys are bigging up their players in this forum, but I can only see two match winners in Bangladesh squad( Tamim and Sakhib). I totally understand that Bangladesh has grown a lot from the last world cup but guys you are underestimating India if you think they are the same as 2007 -Indian team

If you look @ the last World cup one of the reason Bangladesh beat us is because nobody expected them to do so, it was a big surprise when it came. This time its very different we know what your team is capable of....

May the best team wins.

best of luck guys.
India is one of the contender of world cup. Hence they must win most games, specially the first game. They have lot to lose by losing the game one, on other hand BD has lot to prove and they only can get better from game one. Pressure is on India.
Old February 4, 2011, 02:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:

May the best team wins.

best of luck guys.
You're right India is a formidable side. I don't think anyone doubt that. But Bangladesh is a MUCH stronger and balanced side now than 2007. And right now one of the most in-form team out there. I disagree that we only have Shakib and Tamim as match winners. Razzak, Mushfiq, Nafees, Junaid, Shafiul and Rubel are all more than capable of being match winners. And lets not forget Md. Ashraful. According to the law of average an Eid innings is well due...I'm hoping 19th of Feb is the day.

In the final analysis, its going to be anybody's game on the 19th. Whoever handles the pressure and makes less unforced error will win the day. I will keep BD slightly ahead as we have the home crowd and pitch advantage and India (Viru) is expected to win.
Old February 4, 2011, 02:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

thats not very true. NZ were defeated in a warmup just prior to that game. australia, sri lanka, and even a 2nd string India had all lost games to Bangladesh before that world cup. If you recall, everyone was referring to that group of India/SL/BD as the "group of death" much like they are this time too. So it was not at all unexpected. Was it an upset? Sure, but not out of the realm of possibility. South Africa was also beaten a few weeks later, and if that India win was a fluke, the Saffers wouldn't have lost.

But I agree, India are a much stronger team this time around, but so too are Bangladesh. And i'd say our strength differential is greater than yours. So we have, on paper, a better shot at winning than the last time.

Overall, I'd say its a 50-50 game...could go either way.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 4, 2011, 03:30 PM
BC Editorial Team

Can't believe so many of you guys fell for a troll. Viru can say what he wants. He has earned the right. We'll earn ours on the 19th.
Old February 4, 2011, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Great thread and very enjoyable to read what our opponents have to say about our team and our players. Can't wait till the World Cup to start
Old February 4, 2011, 03:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
And i'd say our strength differential is greater than yours. So we have, on paper, a better shot at winning than the last time.

Overall, I'd say its a 50-50 game...could go either way.
I agree with this. I would say Bangladesh has slight advantage owing to the fact India was/is a poor starter (both in test & ODI they generally loose their first match). Also considering the fact Raina, Yuvaraj, Sehwag, Dhoni all out of form Bangladesh can make a real mess of us.

personally i don't care they lose their first match or not but if they don't reach the semi finals atleast we will have a witch-hunt over here
Old February 4, 2011, 03:39 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Tamim's reply to Shehwag

ভারতের শুরুটা যেমন শেবাগ করলেন, তেমনি বাংলাদেশের হয়ে তার দাঁতভাঙা জবাব দিয়েছেন তামিম ইকবাল। 'হুটহাট কিছু বলে দেওয়াটা শেবাগের জন্য নতুন কিছু নয়। তিনি যা ইচ্ছা বলুন, আমরা আমাদের মতো খেলে যাব। ম্যাচের দিনই বোঝা যাবে কে প্রতিশোধ নেয়। তিনি আমাদের কাছে এমন কোনো ইম্পর্ট্যান্ট নন। টেবিলে নয়, দেখা হবে মাঠে।'

www.shamokal.com
Old February 4, 2011, 03:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Tamim's reply to Shehwag

ভারতের শুরুটা যেমন শেবাগ করলেন, তেমনি বাংলাদেশের হয়ে তার দাঁতভাঙা জবাব দিয়েছেন তামিম ইকবাল। 'হুটহাট কিছু বলে দেওয়াটা শেবাগের জন্য নতুন কিছু নয়। তিনি যা ইচ্ছা বলুন, আমরা আমাদের মতো খেলে যাব। ম্যাচের দিনই বোঝা যাবে কে প্রতিশোধ নেয়। তিনি আমাদের কাছে এমন কোনো ইম্পর্ট্যান্ট নন। টেবিলে নয়, দেখা হবে মাঠে।'

www.shamokal.com
I am eager to know the reply. Would you be kind enough to translate it into English.

Appreciate it mate.

Thanks

Munnabhai
Old February 4, 2011, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
You're right India is a formidable side. I don't think anyone doubt that. But Bangladesh is a MUCH stronger and balanced side now than 2007. And right now one of the most in-form team out there. I disagree that we only have Shakib and Tamim as match winners. Razzak, Mushfiq, Nafees, Junaid, Shafiul and Rubel are all more than capable of being match winners. And lets not forget Md. Ashraful. According to the law of average an Eid innings is well due...I'm hoping 19th of Feb is the day.

In the final analysis, its going to be anybody's game on the 19th. Whoever handles the pressure and makes less unforced error will win the day. I will keep BD slightly ahead as we have the home crowd and pitch advantage and India (Viru) is expected to win.
I don't agree with players other than sakhib and Tamim as match-winners but I can sort of understand why you want to call them so (my fav player in Indian team other than Dhoni is Praveen Kumar ). Except tamim and Sakhib others are team players but not capable of winning matches on their own on consistent basis.
On the whole I agree that Bangladesh have an exciting team and can upset India (since its their first game) and South Africa (poor players of spin).

Yep anybody's game
Old February 4, 2011, 03:54 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
I am eager to know the reply. Would you be kind enough to translate it into English.

Appreciate it mate.

Thanks

Munnabhai
I'll try to give you a gist of it....

Tamim is saying that Shehwag has a big mouth. Let him talk but we'll focus on our game. We'll see who takes revenge on the 19th. He is not all that.