facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 14, 2011, 03:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

No reason to go after Senman..

India is expected to win but none can rule out Bangladesh on their homeground either. I am just curious, if India lost to Bangladesh again in the opener,, what will happen to/in India? They will be under tremendous pressure with the matches afterwards and very well be ousted again if they lose one more match against the other teams...Imagine that!! All in a sudden, the whole nation will get into depressed mood that matches the color of NZ jersey.. And from that point on,, Shoaib Akhter's prediction may come true!!!

Old February 14, 2011, 04:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues

India is expected to win but none can rule out Bangladesh on their homeground either. I am just curious, if India lost to Bangladesh again in the opener,, what will happen to/in India? They will be under tremendous pressure with the matches afterwards and very well be ousted again if they lose one more match against the other teams...Imagine that!! All in a sudden, the whole nation will get into depressed mood that matches the color of NZ jersey.. And from that point on,, Shoaib Akhter's prediction may come true!!!
I wish BC had a like button like FB...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 14, 2011, 04:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

The one thing we have different to Sri Lanka if 96' is the expectation of the people outside of BD cricket... They say we are poised for a quarter final berth, if not semi's.... Sri lanka was merely making up the numbers for the ICC at that time...
Old February 14, 2011, 04:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
The one thing we have different to Sri Lanka if 96' is the expectation of the people outside of BD cricket... They say we are poised for a quarter final berth, if not semi's.... Sri lanka was merely making up the numbers for the ICC at that time...
Well I knew they would do a lot better (but didn't know that they will win) as they also almost the won a series against Australia in Australia. the only thing that didn't let them win that series was umpiring. I still can't believe that 3rd ump gave one run out even though the player already crossed the wickets not just the mark... that series was known for one eyed ump for aust... and that's why the final game win was sweater than anything...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 15, 2011, 12:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Top umpire Marais Erasmus believes that spinners will determine which teams progress to the final stages of the World Cup on the subcontinent and tips underdogs Bangladesh to progress as far as the semi finals.

http://supersport.com/cricket/cricke...desh_for_semis
Old February 15, 2011, 12:57 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^^ Will he be active in this WC?
Old February 15, 2011, 12:58 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Thanks for sharing Oracle bhai. Actually, I was thinking about delphic oracle while looking at your post. Is this a sign?
Old February 15, 2011, 02:06 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues

True will be a devastating blow.

but what if India thrashes Bangladesh won't you be in the same position?
Old February 15, 2011, 02:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
True will be a devastating blow.

but what if India thrashes Bangladesh won't you be in the same position?
I can't resist myself to answer that.

Yes, it is truly possible..but the reaction will never be the same. We do not expect the championship title like India.
Old February 15, 2011, 02:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricFanBD
I can't resist myself to answer that.

Yes, it is truly possible..but the reaction will never be the same. We do not expect the championship title like India.
come on .. it will be the same.

This time the pressure on Bangladesh is manifold unlike last WC. Will they be able to handle it ? let us see on 19th
Old February 15, 2011, 05:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

A lot of the International players are over-hyping Bangladesh, 19th feb a big thrashing coming up, sooner most members realize the better it is. Also, first round exit is eminent.
Old February 15, 2011, 05:44 PM
Cricket Sage

If we win the game, that's great.... a Big celebration is required.

On the other hand ,If we get trashing from India, that's not the end, thats just one loss.

Theoritically speaking, we can still make it to the next round if we beat WI and non-test playing countries in our group.
Old February 15, 2011, 05:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
come on .. it will be the same.

This time the pressure on Bangladesh is manifold unlike last WC. Will they be able to handle it ? let us see on 19th
This is what I said in a different thread:

Quote:
I do believe some of us are putting way too much emphasis on the game against India and losing focus from the big picture. I'd not mind if we lose to India and still manage to go to the next round.
Indian players keep saying it's a revenge match; so the onus is on them. The law of average suggests we should lose the game this time around and on paper they are a better team than us to begin with. So why put all our eggs in the Indian basket? I hope our team does not go down this route and lose it all for us. Good luck tigers.
Old February 15, 2011, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
This is what I said in a different thread:
Very true Bhai, I agree with everything you said , Bangladesh should have a clear goal in their mind and should set about achieving that. Biggest worry in the world cup(for all teams) is injuries, so they have to plan which games are worthy enough to battle hard.
Old February 15, 2011, 11:54 PM
Cricket Legend

BBC's Oliver Brett names six potential stars to keep an eye on at the World Cup.
Our Abdur Razzak is one of them.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/oliverbre...world_cup.html
Old February 16, 2011, 12:00 AM
Cricket Legend

In practice matches, Razzak was not as threatening as he was against ZIM, I know PAK plays good against spin but whats the excuse for Canada? I wish Razzak get his form back in India match. I also wish our boys can show a spirited display in fielding.
Old February 16, 2011, 01:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Guys I honestly think that surfer said nothing wrong. Whether we like it or not we are still minnows and whitewashing NZ and beating Zim doesn't change that. we have improved a lot and now are finally showing consistency but we do still have a long wyas to go to prove ourselves. If we want respect from other countries fans then we have to win matches in big stages such as this WC and not only a win or 2 but go far in the tournament. Going to the QFs or semifinals will have people really respecting us and changing their views on us. We'll see how we do this WC. I really hope we can do well so we can finally shed the minnows tag off of us.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Thanks for understanding.

Bangladesh will have to win matches consistently over a period of time to be considered better than minnow. This world cup indeed is a great opportunity. It's your backyard, it's your home crowd. The stage is ready. Time to show what you've got.
Old February 16, 2011, 05:51 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

How the teams compare in age and experience

BD is the youngest side in the WC..lets not expect too much from them..let them try their best and if this team holds on for another 4 years then we can expect grand things..
Old February 16, 2011, 10:33 PM
Cricket Legend

News 16 : Mark Waugh believes Bangladesh will progress to the quarter-finals, leaving England as the team most vulnerable to an early exit.

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/...-1226007579183
Old February 16, 2011, 10:44 PM
Cricket Legend

News 17 : "It is not going to be easy to play Bangladesh in their own backyard ” said Barath

Source : http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,135874.html

we are in a difficult group. Bangladesh is in the group and they will be a tough proposition because they are playing their matches at home. Most of their matches are going to be played in Dhaka... so it is not going to be easy to play Bangladesh in their own backyard or any team,” said Barath.
Old February 16, 2011, 10:48 PM
Cricket Legend

West Indies won’t even beat Bangladesh at World Cup – bookies

Source: http://sportingalert.com/2011/02/wes...d-cup-bookies/

est Indies have been dealt a low-blow as leading bookies believe the Caribbean side will struggle to get out of the group stage of the upcoming ICC World Cup Cricket tournament.

In fact, it is believed that the Windies, once the world’s powerhouse in the sport – isn’t even good enough to beat Bangladesh.
Old February 16, 2011, 10:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Last edited by Ajfar; February 17, 2011 at 01:29 AM..
Old February 17, 2011, 12:07 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

^i was talking about the expectation of winning the wc..i have seen many members and people screaming that we will win the cup after our recent results vs nz and zim..and now after the practice match vs pak many of them are saying we will even lose vs ire and NL..ader diye kisu hobena bla bla...tader jonno ami bolsi j team tar avg age 23..4 bosor dhore jodi era thake tahole avg age hobe 27 tokhon era aro mature experienced hobe..tokhn amra wc jitar asa korte pari..akhon ato boro expectation team er upor chapay diye akta khela here jabar por ader diye kisu hobena bolar dorkar ase?...ami chai era eder sera ta dik..taholei amra qf khelbo..tarpor qf theke ja hobar hobe...

if u still cheering about BD winning the wc i respect u for that..atleast apni su somoy er machi der moto na jader dol here gele sur palte jay

P.S:after the practise match bc is filled with negative comments..i have been screaming in various threads not to give nagative comments just believe in the team..amar kothata negetive comment chilona..just tader uddese chilo

Last edited by Night_wolf; February 17, 2011 at 12:24 AM..
Old February 17, 2011, 03:58 AM
Banned

For me Bangladesh has real chance of progressing to semis but they have to smart enough to choose and play the opponents, instead of getting discouraged by defeats.

England and West Indies are the team to target along with big margin wins over associates(to get the Run rate high).

They have to plan in such a way they get the weak team in Q.F (probably New Zealand,if they qualify)
Viola you are in semi-final, that said its easier said than done, need extensive planning and full support from fans even if they loose against big teams.