facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 26, 2011, 12:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
There is no problem if a person makes money. I want him to make that money by being a better player
I still feel, if he concentrates/focuses more on his game, he can make his career better and longer and that also means more money for him. How was that evil?
whats wrong with you? Cant you just understand the fact that he is trying to provide a scope for the youth of his region to be a international standard cricketer. He is not making money of it. He wants to help those rural kids with full potentiality to be a better cricketer in future. Do you know how difficult it is to play proper cricket being a rural boy in Bangladesh? Nun antey Panta furay obostha.Not enough cricketing academy available in village let alone playing with a view to be international cricketer. It requires a great mind to help them to groom them from own pocket. If he was to make money then he could sell cricketing kits,instrument opening a shop at local bazar. instead he is practicing with them and giving away his own kits. Imrul simply wish more cricketer to be raised from Kustia, Meherpur,Veramara etc.There lying the future of Bangladesh cricket. This is the great effort what BCB cant do
Quote:
 প্র্যাকটিসের জন্য কি টাকা-পয়সা নেন খেলোয়াড়দের কাছ থেকে?
ইমরুল: না, একদম ফ্রি। একাডেমিতে ২৫-৩০ জন ছেলে আছে। কারোরই কোনো টাকা-পয়সা লাগে না। টাকা-পয়সা যা লাগে, আমি দিই। বল-ব্যাটও আমি দিই।

You can take it other way of concentrating on cricket.A charitable cricket academy. he is weaving future of Bangladesh cricket. this will keep him mentally strong and boost him to do well. There are lots of example by internationally star cricketer of such academy. not only cricketing but other organizations like Hospital,school etc .

no offense but be rational along with 10 Others.

Last edited by magic boy; January 26, 2011 at 01:07 PM..

Old January 26, 2011, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Can someone please translate?
Old January 26, 2011, 12:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Way to go Imrul. Good to see someone who hasn't forgotten where he came from and trying to give something back.

BTW, no use spending time trying to figure out what really leads to the apotheosis of some and the vilification of others in the eyes of some of the members here.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old January 26, 2011, 01:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I really can't appreciate such initiatives. This gives an impression that he thinks he has achieved everything in his career. He is still strugling to come to international level as a cricketer. He needs to focus more on his improvement.

If you are happy with ur earning, do some charity and help the poor people. Whatever he says, he is eyeing for generating some income in future through the academy. Running even a club with 20-25 people can keep you mentally quiet occupied. An academy without any financial assitance can put u con considerable pressure of money and management. If he says, it just runs on it's own, it's no better than a Madrasa academy and you hardly produce quality in those places. Foolish act IMO.
I am speechless, overanalyzing, are we?
Old January 26, 2011, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Great initiative by Imrul.... I wish his academy every success...

BANFAN bhai, sorry couldnt agree with any of your point at all (but its good to know about a different point of view and thats perfectly normal)...
Old January 26, 2011, 01:55 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Well done Imrul, proud of you man.
Old January 26, 2011, 02:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Fantastic initiative by Imrul. As Sohel_NR bhai pointed out, it is heartening to see that the youngman hasn't forgotten his roots and trying to do his bits. Back home, it is individual efforts such as his work as a stop-gap measure in the relative development of various direly underdeveloped fields. The official bodies ( BCB/...) do jack. Hope more of Imruls come forward in all aspects of life.

Turbans and hats off to Imrul!
Old January 26, 2011, 03:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Great initiative. There are still vast areas of the country which are untapped. It is amazing how Dhaka controls probably 90% of the country's cricketing resources and yet the Shakibs, Tamims, Mushfiqs and Imruls are not from Dhaka. The youngsters outside of Dhaka rely on luck to get spotted in action by someone who has connections but it doesn't happen for many which is why academies like this are so important.
Old January 26, 2011, 06:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

polata bhalo asey!
like him.
Old January 26, 2011, 06:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Well done Imrul, wish you all the success in you life and hope some youngster from your academy someday makes it in the National Team.
Old January 26, 2011, 06:32 PM
BC Editorial Team

As myself:
So I guess BanFan subscribes to the "bloody single-minded pursuit of your professional goals at the cost of everything else" school of career management. As to the topic at hand, kudos to Imrul. May we get to hear in future an international commentator utter these words "... smashes the stumps the fastie from Chua-danga!"

As mod:
BanFan might be a tad curmudgeonly but no reason to personally attack him. Just because one finds his post distasteful shouldn't be a reason to attack the messenger.
Old January 27, 2011, 03:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I am pretty sure it's BANFAN who criticizes Siddons left and right and no matter what. Ever since then, I have learnt to ignore his opinions and accept the fact that our opinions will differ in many aspects and I guess this is one of them.

Anyways, good for Imrul for doing this.
Old January 27, 2011, 08:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Sad to see many of us do not (want to) get BANFAN's post even after his clarification. I support Imrul's effort in building the academy because I have less expectation from Imrul as a player. Also, to me it is perfetly fine if he can manage the hard job of multi-tasking. On the other hand BANFAN wants him to focus on his game more (at 23 he is pretty young and has a lot to improve) and sees a better future for him than many of us fail to see. IMO, BANFAN is a much more well-wisher of Imrul than at least me. Why do you guys have to attack him personally? There is a vast world of knowledge outside of one's vision. Just make sure that your own blindness does not motivate to attack someone who can see the problem from another perspective.
Old January 27, 2011, 11:13 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

way to go IK!
thanks for sharing.
Old January 27, 2011, 12:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib and tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
way to go IK!
thanks for sharing.
TIK = Tamim
IK= Imrul

The two bangladeshi openers
Old January 30, 2011, 02:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
পুরোটাই আমার খরচ। জেলা ক্রীড়া সংস্থা বলেন বা অন্য কেউ, কেউই সাহায্য করে না।
এইগুলা সংস্থা আছে শুধু রাজনীতি দলবাজী এবং নিজের উদর পূর্তি নিয়ে।
Old January 30, 2011, 02:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

great characteristic of Kayes, I really started to like this guy. Doing something for the country by his own money which mean you really have to have heart and guts !!
Old January 30, 2011, 09:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^^true,and that too when ur not the tamim-shakib-mash of the team!(they are more financially solvent)
Old January 30, 2011, 02:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Very impressive... a person with a good heart!!!
Old July 21, 2012, 12:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I think im in love with Imrul now. With this academy that he is made how big is it, who helps train them? Does anyone have any idea? Sorry mods if im digging up old threads. I just want to find out more about this. Does Kayes spend lots of time at the academy?