facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 9, 2011, 02:25 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva
Default Future for Banglad-Aussie

Now the buy-in to the Australian way of life is complete by the BCB (Turner, Law, Jugensen, Swift) and an 'Aussiewash' of coaches, does anyone else feel a blend of different schools of thought would have been better?

Before we all get caught up in wins or losses against WI, I feel that the coaching appointments have been made from a position of weakness, and been covered over somewhat.

Nothing we can do about it, but what is it with the Australians all the time? Are they the only ones who will accept a deal with BD? Australian cricket itself is sliding badly with Aussie coaches, yet BD continues to appoint them.

It is about the style of coaches and it is about an understanding of how to bring talent through. So why ALL Australians? Seriously? It's previous coaches too (three Aussie head coaches in a row for BD, and many support coaches) so its not just a new phenomenon. And in 10 years of Test cricket BD hasn't moved on at all. Batting is still the BD issue after all this time. Australian coaches have been the batting coaches all this time pretty much.

Pay the going rate and get the right coaches, and not just Aussie ones. If you invest in the right coaches, the team gets better and sponsors line up to invest. It's simple economics.

Old October 9, 2011, 04:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

If they can imitate half of what the Australians achieved in the time span of 1990-2004, I wouldn't give two hoots.
Old October 9, 2011, 06:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

LBW103 ,I wish u posted here http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...68#post1401168
I had a nice name for ya
Old October 10, 2011, 08:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I don't mind having Aussie coaches as long as they are qualified and has the ability. Aussies do have a strong cricketing culture. Also, subcontinent coaches might not suit for us. Aus/Eng/SA -- I prefer coaches from this places. I think its just a coincidence that now all our coaches are Aussies.
Old October 10, 2011, 08:44 AM
Cricket Legend

I think it's time we be frank in analysing why our batting never improves. You can't just send a coach in there, even if they're the best going around, and expect improvement, unless the foundations of improvement are already there. Our pathetic pitches make for boring cricket and encourage boring cricketers with defensive mindsets. By "boring", I mean cricketers with limited skills, with no vision in thinking "outside the box", or adapting to different situations. It's always the same old slow, low, irritating pitch that makes batting a pain-staking nightmare, and gives medium-pacers next to nothing in terms of pace or movement. Which is why we're stuck with these god-forsaken slow-left armers.

As a result, competition is poor in our domestic matches, and so our batsmen (and bowlers) stand no chance when it comes to international cricket, and/or playing overseas. It's the sad truth, and for now, with seemingly little change on the horizon, we fans have to live with it.
Old October 10, 2011, 08:49 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Yes the pitches makes a big difference. But BCB this year has promised to make sporting pitches all over the country. I think it is a combination of pitches, talents, desire, mentality and proper training that will breed great cricketers. For now, we are depending only on raw talents.
Old October 10, 2011, 09:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

What's the problem of having Aussie coaches? It seems to be racism to me if we think like that!
Old October 10, 2011, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
What's the problem of having Aussie coaches? It seems to be racism to me if we think like that!
The problem is the coaches we have had have just not been effective and happened to be Aussies. So my question relates to whether the Australian coaches all have a style or manner that just doesn't work in BD or are the individual coaches simply not good enough and happen to be Australian?

The BCB seeks out Australian coaches clearly, as those are the favoured country of choice for coaching by BD. What is this love affair with Australia - specially when no coach we have had from there has made much difference - and again specially to the batsmen - or in particular to our Test status?

Aussie coaching and back room staff most of the time during the 10-year Test status. Aussie coach education brought into to BD by the board for the past 10 years. Yet Australia itself has slipped to 5th in world cricket and lost its world cup crown. The Australian 'coaching dream' has been shattered (like the banking system in the west has been brought to its knees), yet BCB still goes looking in Australia for solutions!

There seems to be a fundamental flaw with the coaching if you accept the above to be true. Is it coincidental they are all Australian coaches, or have we just been unlucky?
Old October 10, 2011, 10:02 AM
Cricket Guru

The current cricketing system in BD is like watering the top of a tree while the root is dried like a desert. No coach in the world can change the team performance significantly unless the poor domestic system is changed!

Last edited by WarWolf; October 10, 2011 at 12:23 PM..
Old October 10, 2011, 10:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

I disagree. Coaches can still make a huge difference!
But it has to be right set if coaches.

The idea of no coach would work is simply wrong!

Root is important, surely it is where you put great coaches,
But having great coaches at national level is even more important.
Without coaches we wouldn't be able to beat NZ 4-0

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 10, 2011, 10:24 AM
Cricket Legend

But yes, I dont see Stuart Law taking this team to anything major.
He is a great observer, just not a great coach, just my opinion.

Old October 10, 2011, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

I regret we could not get Geoff Marsh as head coach...somehow SriLanka always ends up with great coaches and we end up with leftovers.

Old October 10, 2011, 10:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

I think it's because Bcb is too dumb to think for themselves but if you look at the records Australia has been by far the most succesful cricket team ever, far ahead of any others. Look at their win loss record in odi and tests combined, you don't get there without doing something right... so maybe Bcb thinks it can be replicated by Bd with help from all Aussies coaches(dumb idea).. and if you think Aussie system is a failure just because they have been doing poorly for last couple of years then English, India and all other systems are eternal failures because they did poorly for God knows how many years. By the way Australia is still number 1 ranked odi team and number 4th(not 5th) ranked test team.
Old October 10, 2011, 10:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
I regret we could not get Geoff Marsh as head coach...somehow SriLanka always ends up with great coaches and we end up with leftovers.

True, if we are going to get Aussie coaches then why not the top ones, we only get the worst ones. Siddons would never get hired for any other country except BD
Old October 10, 2011, 10:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
The problem is the coaches we have had have just not been effective and happened to be Aussies. So my question relates to whether the Australian coaches all have a style or manner that just doesn't work in BD or are the individual coaches simply not good enough and happen to be Australian?

The BCB seeks out Australian coaches clearly, as those are the favoured country of choice for coaching by BD. What is this love affair with Australia - specially when no coach we have had from there has made much difference - and again specially to the batsmen - or in particular to our Test status?

Aussie coaching and back room staff most of the time during the 10-year Test status. Aussie coach education brought into to BD by the board for the past 10 years. Yet Australia itself has slipped to 5th in world cricket and lost its world cup crown. The Australian 'coaching dream' has been shattered (like the banking system in the west has been brought to its knees), yet BCB still goes looking in Australia for solutions!

There seems to be a fundamental flaw with the coaching if you accept the above to be true. Is it coincidental they are all Australian coaches, or have we just been unlucky?
SO by your logic couple of years failure means the system is a failure but decades of success doesn't mean anything? Australian team's failure recently has more to do than their coaching.
Old October 10, 2011, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
But yes, I dont see Stuart Law taking this team to anything major.
He is a great observer, just not a great coach, just my opinion.

This is my worry... Law bhai being a let down and inept. He comes across as not doing much to be honest in his 3 months so far. I don't know how long we wait for the batsmen to start improving?

We have been down this road before as a nation with coaches, I was merely stating the australians we have had have not amounted to very much at all - after 10 years of them - again how long do we wait? If posters here think that because Aussie has dominated world cricket we should employ ANYONE who has an Aussie passport and coaching badge, then they are as bad as the board.
Old October 10, 2011, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:

This is because we are still considered as 'minnows' Reyme.
Old October 10, 2011, 11:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Finally the time arrives. I will have a close look on the team throughout this series and have a feel on how law is doing/will be doing during his tenure. So far all he has done, is observe. This series will be a clear indication of what happened behind the scene while practice.
Old October 10, 2011, 12:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Irritating.
Old October 10, 2011, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
Finally the time arrives. I will have a close look on the team throughout this series and have a feel on how law is doing/will be doing during his tenure. So far all he has done, is observe. This series will be a clear indication of what happened behind the scene while practice.
This is a fair enough point 22 yards.

Let's face it, he's already been paid in excess of US$42,000 in his 3 months so far, which is an expensive observation!
Old October 10, 2011, 12:42 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

If we are choosing our coach based on their national team's form and rankings, then at the moment I'd pick all the English coaches. Or may be not, may be a Zimbabwean.
Old October 10, 2011, 01:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i don't have a problem with good aussie coaches and so right now, we have 3 pretty good ones. moreover, if these aussies can wwork in harmony, it's very good for us coz emnitei bd cricket e jottoshob oshanti, coachder moddhe kilakili lagle playerra koi jabe?
Old October 10, 2011, 01:03 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Irritating.
Ar boilen na bhai....
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 10, 2011, 01:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
If we are choosing our coach based on their national team's form and rankings, then at the moment I'd pick all the English coaches. Or may be not, may be a Zimbabwean.
And the irony is England themselves are coached by One Zimbabwean, One Australian and One Englishman... lol
Old October 10, 2011, 01:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al-hassan

Quote:
The current cricketing system in BD is like watering the top of a tree while the root is dried like a desert. No coach in the world can change the team performance significantly unless the poor domestic system is changed!
Spot on! We have to make our domestic cricket structure up to the international standard with the fierce competition among the teams. The pitch has to be lively to offer something to fast bowlers.

I am all for coaches from AUS, ENG or SA. Not a single member from the sub continent even it is for free J