facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 7, 2011, 05:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Nasir is looking good in the limited time we've been exposed to him. He looks to be in the Sakib, Tamim class. He looks to be the kind of player who will perform well so let's hope he does.

Old November 7, 2011, 06:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
Nasir is looking good in the limited time we've been exposed to him. He looks to be in the Sakib, Tamim class. He looks to be the kind of player who will perform well so let's hope he does.
Where did Tamim come into the fore? He is not class in my books.
Old November 7, 2011, 06:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

tamim is probably the only current BD batsman capable of averaging 50+ in tests. anyway i agree nasir looks to be a very good prospect, looks to be a performer but he's playing a role where it is hard to solidify his spot in the team. he's not batting high enough to be given much opportunity to score lots of runs and he's not always bowling enough to take enough wickets. batting at #7/8 then being the 3rd or 4th or even 5th spinner of the team (shakib, sunny, riyad, naeem are also used) makes it hard to hammer out a permanent spot in a test team because imo there is no need for bits and pieces players int test cricket, that's for the one-day format.

he needs to score enough runs to force a batting spot higher up the order and take a few more wickets to demand more overs to bowl.
Old November 8, 2011, 09:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
tamim is probably the only current BD batsman capable of averaging 50+ in tests. anyway i agree nasir looks to be a very good prospect, looks to be a performer but he's playing a role where it is hard to solidify his spot in the team. he's not batting high enough to be given much opportunity to score lots of runs and he's not always bowling enough to take enough wickets. batting at #7/8 then being the 3rd or 4th or even 5th spinner of the team (shakib, sunny, riyad, naeem are also used) makes it hard to hammer out a permanent spot in a test team because imo there is no need for bits and pieces players int test cricket, that's for the one-day format.

he needs to score enough runs to force a batting spot higher up the order and take a few more wickets to demand more overs to bowl.
He will get plenty of opportunities to score runs considering our fragile top order. I can not imagine us ever declaring with 5 or 6 down unless we somehow get some solid batsmen in the top order.
Old November 8, 2011, 11:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Personaly i dont follow the teen aged players too much.Simply check the score card.So i was taking update about him here and there by score cards.Last year i saw him playing for Abahoni.His bowling did not look anything special to me.Batting was also nothing special but he had the ability to run quick.Last year with the academy tour of SA he did a decent job with the academy.
For national team we had a huge gap in our national team who can utilize the batting powerplay.This is the main reason our selectors put eye on him.He got a call in england home series but can not get a match.Then he got chance for A team series at SA.Despite Ash totally used himself selfishly still Nasir had a semi decent job with the A team.Bravely our selectors select him for Zimbo series.That was a good decision to show that much courage by our selectors.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 8, 2011, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Personaly i dont follow the teen aged players too much.Simply check the score card.So i was taking update about him here and there by score cards.Last year i saw him playing for Abahoni.His bowling did not look anything special to me.Batting was also nothing special but he had the ability to run quick.Last year with the academy tour of SA he did a decent job with the academy.
For national team we had a huge gap in our national team who can utilize the batting powerplay.This is the main reason our selectors put eye on him.He got a call in england home series but can not get a match.Then he got chance for A team series at SA.Despite Ash totally used himself selfishly still Nasir had a semi decent job with the A team.Bravely our selectors select him for Zimbo series.That was a good decision to show that much courage by our selectors.
When i saw him batting in Zimbo series he looked a decent middle order batsman who can bowl a bit as well.So to me he was okay type player for short format.I never took him as a test material.But just after coming to the team he is adjusting very well with the team and day by day giving his worth to the team.Now i hope in future he will be our right handed version of Shakib.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 8, 2011, 11:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

No doubt he is our future star .
Old November 8, 2011, 08:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibangali
He will get plenty of opportunities to score runs considering our fragile top order. I can not imagine us ever declaring with 5 or 6 down unless we somehow get some solid batsmen in the top order.
he needs players to be able to bat long enough with him to score those runs though, and that's the problem....
Old November 9, 2011, 02:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

This interview was published in KK on May 10, 2011.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mohammad Nasir Hossain (Nasir) - All-rounder

চিনে নিন:

নাম : নাসির হোসেন
ডাকনাম : নাসির
জন্ম : ৩০ নভেম্বর ১৯৯১, রংপুর
উচ্চতা : ৫ ফুট ৭ ইঞ্চি
ওজন : ৬২ কেজি
প্রথম ক্লাব : রংপুরে অগ্রণী ক্রীড়াচক্র, ঢাকায় আরাফ অ্যাপারেলস
বর্তমান ক্লাব : গাজী ট্যাঙ্ক ক্রিকেটার্স
জাতীয় লিগের দল : রাজশাহী
ব্যাটিং স্টাইল : ডানহাতি মিডল অর্ডার
বোলিং স্টাইল : অফস্পিনার
প্রিয় শট : স্ট্রেইট ড্রাইভ
প্রিয় বল : টার্ন না করে যেটি সোজা যায়
প্রিয় ক্রিকেটার : সাকিব আল হাসান, মোহাম্মদ ইউসুফ
অন্য প্রিয় খেলা : ফুটবল
প্রিয় খেলোয়াড় : লিওনেল মেসি
প্রিয় বন্ধু : রাহুল
প্রিয় অবসর : মাছ ধরা, গান শোনা, আড্ডা

প্রিয় পারফরম্যান্স:

এসএ গেমস ফাইনাল। সেখানে ব্যাটিংয়ে ১৪ রান করার পাশাপাশি বোলিংয়ে নিয়েছিলাম ২ উইকেট। শুধু তা-ই না, শেষ উইকেটে যখন শ্রীলঙ্কার ৬-৭ রান লাগত, ওই সময় লং-অন থেকে দৌড়ে ধরেছিলাম দুর্দান্ত এক রানিং ক্যাচ। জিতে যাই ম্যাচ। এ ছাড়া প্রিমিয়ার লিগে আবাহনীর বিপক্ষে সেঞ্চুরিটির কথা বলব। পুরনো দলের বিপক্ষে বলে কোনো রাগ নয়, তবে ভালো খেলার একটা জিদ ছিল। সেটি পেরেছি।

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

বিশেষজ্ঞের চোখে:

নাসিরকে আমি চার-পাঁচ বছর ধরেই দেখছি। দারুণ এক অলরাউন্ডার হওয়ার প্রতিশ্রুতি আছে। নাসিরের ব্যাটিংয়ের ভালো দিক হলো, চাপের মুখে চওড়া হয়ে যায় ব্যাট। খেলে নিজের সহজাত খেলাটি। এমন করে ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটে অনেক ম্যাচ জেতাতে দেখেছি নাসিরকে। বোলিংটাও কার্যকর। আঁটসাট বোলিংয়ে রান আটকে রাখার পাশাপাশি দিতে পারে ব্রেক থ্রো। ফিল্ডিংটাও ভালো। বেশ কিছুদিন ধরেই তো জাতীয় দলের দরজায় কড়া নাড়ছে নাসির। একবার ঢুকে গেলে অনেক দিন দেশকে সার্ভিস দিতে পারবে।

আখতার আহমেদ শিপার, ম্যাচ রেফারি

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

মনের আনন্দে ক্রিকেট খেলে তৈরি নাসির!

বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেটের ভবিষ্যৎ প্রজন্মের সুলুকসন্ধানে কালের কণ্ঠের এই আয়োজন। নিঃশ্বাসছোঁয়া দূরত্ব থেকে যাঁরা দেখেন খনিতে থাকা হীরে, তেমন তিনজনের সঙ্গে কথা বলেছি আমরা। কোচ খালেদ মাহমুদ, ম্যাচ রেফারি আখতার আহমেদ শিপার এবং আম্পায়ার শরফুদ্দৌলা ইবনে শহীদ বেছে নিয়েছেন ১০ প্রতিভাকে। এঁদের মধ্যে থেকে কালের কণ্ঠের নির্বাচিত আগামী প্রজন্মের সেরা ১০ ক্রিকেট-নক্ষত্রের ধারাবাহিক প্রোফাইল শুরু হলো আজ থেকে। আজ তৃতীয় দিন অলরাউন্ডার নাসির হোসেনকে নিয়ে লিখেছেন নোমান মোহাম্মদ

তাঁর মোবাইলে ফোন করলেই বেজে ওঠে ক্লোজআপ-ওয়ানের জনপ্রিয় সেই গান, 'যদি লক্ষ্য থাকে অটুট, বিশ্বাস হৃদয়ে/হবেই হবে দেখা, দেখা হবে বিজয়ে'। ভাববেন না এমনি এমনিই ওয়েলকাম টিউনে এই গান। নাসির হোসেন মনের গহিনে ধারণ করেন এই গানের কথাকে। আর সেটিকে ক্রিকেট-গালিচায় কাজে লাগানোর জন্য মরিয়া চেষ্টা তাঁর। তাই তো অটুট লক্ষ্যে, হৃদয়ে বিশ্বাস নিয়ে বিজয়ের কাঙ্ক্ষিত গন্তব্যের দিকে ছুটে চলছেন নাসির। জাতীয় দল!

বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটাঙ্গনে ধূমকেতুর মতো চমকে দেওয়া কোনো নাম নয়, বরং শুকতারার মতো একইরকম ঔজ্জ্বল্য ছড়াচ্ছেন দীর্ঘদিন ধরে। অনূর্ধ্ব-১৩, অনূর্ধ্ব-১৫, অনূর্ধ্ব-১৭, অনূর্ধ্ব-১৯ হয়ে জাতীয় দলের স্কোয়াডেও ঢুকে পড়েছিলেন এই অলরাউন্ডার। কিন্তু চৌকাঠ আর মাড়ানো হয়নি। অর্থাৎ খেলা হয়নি কোনো ম্যাচ। সেখান থেকে খানিক পিছিয়েছেন আবার। কিন্তু রংপুরের জল-হাওয়ায় বেড়ে ওঠা এই তরুণ যে হাল ছাড়তে শেখেননি। তাই তো দাঁতে দাঁত চেপে সংগ্রাম চালিয়ে যাচ্ছেন নাসির। জানেন একসময় না একসময় বিজয়-নিশান তাঁর হাতে উঠবেই।

নাসিরের শৈশব-কৈশোর কেটেছে দুরন্তপনায়। শুধু যে পড়ালেখায় ফাঁকি, তা নয়। আশ্চর্য হলেও সত্যি, ফাঁকি দিতেন ক্রিকেটেও! বড় দুই ভাই ক্রিকেট খেলেছেন রংপুর প্রথম বিভাগ লিগে। তাঁদের সঙ্গে মাঠে গিয়ে টুকটাক ব্যাট-বল ধরতেন। এর চেয়েও ঢের বেশি আগ্রহ ছিল দুষ্টুমিতে। এর গাছের আম পাড়া, ওর মাথায় কাঁঠাল ভাঙা। রংপুর ক্রিকেট একাডেমীর কোচের দৃষ্টিতে পড়ার পরই বদলে গেল তাঁর দিনলিপি। স্মৃতির পুকুরে ডুব দিয়ে ভুস করে ভেসে উঠে বলে চলেন নাসির, 'কোচ শাকিল ভাই আমাকে জোর করে নিয়ে আসতেন প্র্যাকটিসে। হাতে ধরে ধরে শিখিয়েছেন ব্যাটিং-বোলিং। আমি জানি না আমার মধ্যে আলাদা কিছু দেখেছিলেন কি না। কিন্তু শাকিল ভাই অমন না করলে হয়তো আমি ক্রিকেট সিরিয়াসলি নিতাম না।'

সিরিয়াসলি বলতে সিরিয়াসলি! পরিবারের অন্যদের অমতে গিয়ে বন্ধু আরিফকে নিয়ে সোজা চলে এলেন বিকেএসপি। নাসিরের সামনে উদাহরণ তখন রংপুরের আরেক ছেলে সোহরাওয়ার্দী শুভ। পূর্বসূরির মতো তিনিও গিয়ে ভর্তি হন ক্রীড়াবিদদের এই তীর্থে। নানা লাইনে ছুটে চলা জীবনের রেলগাড়ি খুঁজে পেল স্টেশন।

নাসিরের পরের পথচলা একেবারে লাইন ধরে। অনূর্ধ্ব-১৩ থেকে অনূর্ধ্ব-১৫, এরপর অনূর্ধ্ব-১৭, সেখান থেকে অনূর্ধ্ব-১৯ হয়ে একাডেমী। ধাপে ধাপে এগিয়েছেন। নিজেকে তৈরি করেছেন জাতীয় দলের জন্য। জাতীয় লিগ আর প্রিমিয়ার লিগে নিয়মিত পারফর্ম করে গত বছর ডাক পেয়ে গিয়েছিলেন ইংল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে সিরিজে। খেলা হয়নি। তবে এ নিয়ে আফসোস নেই এই অলরাউন্ডারের, 'ক্রিকেট আমি খেলি মনের আনন্দে। সাধ্যমতো ভালো খেলার চেষ্টা করছি। জানি, সেটি করলে আমি একদিন না একদিন জাতীয় দলে সুযোগ পাবই।' জাতীয় লিগে রাজশাহীর হয়ে ধারাবাহিক পারফর্মার নাসির। প্রিমিয়ার লিগে আবাহনীর জার্সি গায়ে চাপের মুখে জিতিয়েছেন অনেক ম্যাচ। এবার গাজী ট্যাঙ্কে নাম লিখিয়ে করেছেন প্রায় সাড়ে পাঁচ শ রান। খালেদ মাহমুদ তো তাঁকে মানেন দেশসেরা অফস্পিনার হিসেবে। সব মিলিয়ে জাতীয় দল এখন আর নাসিরের কাছে দূরের অচেনা বন্দর নয়। তবে সেই বন্দরে শুধু নোঙর করেই তৃপ্ত থাকতে চান না তিনি, 'যখনই ঢুকি, টার্গেট অনেক দিন ধরে বাংলাদেশের হয়ে খেলা। সেটি যদি পাঁচ বছর পরেও ঢুকি, আপত্তি নেই।'সে ক্ষেত্রে মা-বাবার স্বপ্ন পূরণে আরেকটু অপেক্ষা করতে হবে, এই যা! কারণ টিভিতে জাতীয় দলের জার্সি গায়ে নাসির হোসেনের খেলা দেখাই যে এখন তাঁদের ধ্যান-জ্ঞান!

(Source: http://kalerkantho.com/index.php?vie...e_id=1&index=3)
Old November 9, 2011, 10:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Good job Nasir and Momin!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nasir and Mominul shine in draw

Mominul Haque and Nasir Hossain hit hundreds in the first four-day match between Bangladesh A and West Indies A which ended in a draw at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua on Tuesday.

Mominul, the left-handed batsman who scored his maiden first-class ton, slammed 150 and shared a 259-run fifth wicket stand with Nasir after the second string Bangladesh side were reduced to 59 for four. Their mammoth partnership helped the visitors take a 64-run first innings lead.

Bangladesh A made 422 in their first essay in reply to West Indies A's 358.

Nasir hammered 134, his second first-class hundred, while Mithun Ali added 52 runs.
Old November 10, 2011, 12:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Well played Nasir.... Now bring that form against Pakistan ..
Old November 10, 2011, 01:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i can feel some hope..
Old November 12, 2011, 11:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Allah re...Afridi's on top form....so is Pakistan as a whole...Nasir bhai re....ei 2nd test against WI-te bhalo kor please...nahole pakistan je ki dosha korbe amader....Allah malum!
Old November 14, 2011, 08:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Nasir couldn't do anything his firstinnings of 2nd Test. Hope he'll make a good score in 2nd innings.
Old November 22, 2011, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)
Default দেশে ফিরেছেন নাসির

পাকিস্তানের বিপক্ষে ঘরোয়া সিরিজকে সামনে রেখে ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ সফর অসমাপ্ত রেখেই দেশে ফিরেছেন অলরাউন্ডার নাসির হোসেন।

বাংলাদেশ ‘এ’ দলের হয়ে গত মাসে ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ সফরে গিয়েছিলেন জাতীয় দলের চার ক্রিকেটার। মঙ্গলবার নাসির ফিরে এলেও তিন ম্যাচের ওয়ানডে সিরিজ খেলতে ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজে রয়ে গেছেন শুভাগত হোম চৌধুরী, সোহরাওয়ার্দী শুভ ও রকিবুল হাসান।

বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের ক্রীড়া বিভাগের সহকারী ব্যবস্থাপক সাব্বির খান নাসিরের দেশে ফেরার বিষয়টি নিশ্চিত করেন।

২৬ নভেম্বর বাংলাদেশ সফরে আসছে পাকিস্তান। ২৯ নভেম্বর অনুষ্ঠিত হবে একমাত্র টি-টোয়েন্টি ম্যাচ। ওই ম্যাচে মাঠে নামতে পারেন নাসির। ঐজন্যই তাকে দেশে ফিরিয়ে আনা হয়েছে।

পাকিস্তান সিরিজকে সামনে রেখে গত ১৮ নভেম্বর থেকে চট্টগ্রামে জাতীয় দলের কন্ডিশনিং ক্যাম্প শুরু হয়েছে। ২৪ নভেম্বর পর্যন্ত ওই ক্যাম্প চলবে। তবে নাসির ওই ক্যাম্পে নয় বরং ২৬ নভেম্বর থেকে ঢাকায় শুরু হতে যাওয়া ক্যাম্পে যোগ দেবেন।

বুধবার থেকে ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ ‘এ’ ও বাংলাদেশ ‘এ’ দলের মধ্যে তিন ম্যাচের ওয়ানডে সিরিজ শুরু হচ্ছে। সিরিজ শেষে ৩০ নভেম্বর ‘এ’ দলের খেলোয়াড়দের দেশে ফেরার কথা রয়েছে। ওই সফরে নাসির দুটি চার দিনের ও দুটি টি-টোয়েন্টি ম্যাচে অংশ নিয়েছিলেন।

SOURCE
Old November 29, 2011, 04:10 PM
Test Cricketer

বাংলাদেশের ব্যাটিং ব্যর্থতার দিনে কিছুটা উজ্জ্বল এক নাসির হোসেনই। তার জন্যও আছে অধিনায়কের প্রশংসা, ‘উইকেটে গিয়ে টিকে থাকলে রান করা সহজ। সেটাই ও করেছে। জাতীয় দলে ঢোকার পর থেকেই ভালো খেলছে। সেটারই ধারাবাহিকতা ধরে রেখেছে নাসির।’
নবাগত নাসিরের কাছ থেকে পাওয়া শিক্ষাটা কি কাল থেকে শুরু ওয়ানডে সিরিজে কাজে লাগাতে পারবেন অন্যরা?

Good job Nasir! Keep it up, man!
Old November 29, 2011, 10:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Good job Nasir !! Now our expectations are getting high !! Hope you will live up to our expectation.
Old November 30, 2011, 12:22 AM
Cricket Guru

without his runs there would have been another 58
Old November 30, 2011, 12:31 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Very quickly moving up the pecking order in terms of players we think will bring us some joy, and potentially be of an international standard.

-Good in the field
-Decent with the ball in hand
-Batting has shown a fair bit of skill and gumption so far.

Still very early, so I don't wanna get too excited, but he looks like the real deal so far.
Old November 30, 2011, 01:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

A gallant effort for a losing cause. I just hope he does not lose heart at his team-mates douchebaggery, and become an average all rounder to match team standards.

You have received an infraction at BanglaCricket Forum.
Old November 30, 2011, 02:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

NASIR SHOULD ALWAYS DO THE DX MOTION.....untill the Pakistan series at least....
Old November 30, 2011, 03:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Very quickly moving up the pecking order in terms of players we think will bring us some joy, and potentially be of an international standard.

-Good in the field
-Decent with the ball in hand
-Batting has shown a fair bit of skill and gumption so far.

Still very early, so I don't wanna get too excited, but he looks like the real deal so far.
i have to say he's shown some talent with the ball, bowled some wonderful deliveries.
Old November 30, 2011, 10:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

bhai tai ase naki or kono?
Old November 30, 2011, 11:56 AM
First Class Cricketer

Bhai diye ki korba lamsie? On a serious note, i think he does, the dx chop could well have been derived from delivering a sweet chin music or a piledriver to a younger brother. Speaking from experience with cousins, of course!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old November 30, 2011, 12:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Is it time to move him up the batting order? maybe up to Number 3/4/5 or keep him where he is?

I think number 6 is the best position for him.