facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 29, 2012, 11:31 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer
Default A round of applause for everyone that made it possible

We had a great tournament, a tournament in which many people came close to cricket, a tournament that promises a lot, a tournament in which our national cricketer play with a lot of cricketer. The exposure of our cricketers, the high quality coaching, sharing of the same dugouts with T20 superstarts like Pollard.

To be honest it has been a great tournament. Chittagong king looked brilliant at first and then just withererd later. KRB was consistent. SR with their 7 match losing streaks and making things interesting at the end. Dhaka looking woefull at times but won the tournament at the end. Rajshahi lost first 2 games and then won 7 out of their next 9 games.

I want everyone in BC to appreciate all the effort that has been put into creating a tournament of such caliber. Everyone who has been involved from the officials to the ground staffs.....hats off too you all for making BPL a successful tournament

10th Feb-29th Feb, these days wouldve been a boring part of my life..and many of you all, but thanks to everyone involved for making these 19 days seem like an action-packed 19 days.

lets put back all the criticism and just:

Old February 29, 2012, 12:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Yap.....controversy was there but that is our middle name.....but it is better to have a headache than to have no head at all......BPl is a part of our cricket evolution...where our first class cricketers (not just our national team players- one should remember that only the fortunate few gets to play for the national team ) can get a decent pay cheque...gets to play infront of camera and intensity...share dressing rooms with big stars and hopefully in the future games get spread to divisional cities which will result in developing infrastructure......at this day and age any pro sports cant sustain without investment and commercialization....it is a fact and is just part of the evolution process and unless you evolve you get extinct........it is true that t20 can be detrimental to other forms of the game but turning a blind eye to it wont make it go away.....it is just a natural process of evolution...cricket has evolved from timeless tests to six day tests, to bodyline tactics..Packer world series and so on......packers world series which was more of a joke to traditionalists with colour dresses and all that are ancestors of the present day odis's which is our bread and better now days....and surely t20s are not the end of the evolution process...for better or worse changes are forthcoming....so we have to adapt, be sustainable and take evolution in our strides....because those who dont evolve becomes extinct...
Old February 29, 2012, 12:11 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Yup, just think about it...local players bought at bargain basement prices, say $20k - even that comes to 16-17lakh taka. That is a significant amount of money for a lot of people, and for these youngsters, money that might just give them the luxury to continue pursuing cricket, and only cricket, while not having to worry about a day job.

Congrats to everyone involved with the BPL - it's easy to criticize and even easier to not take a risk. Obviously everyone did this with the money in mind, but is that such a bad thing?

Our large fan base makes the BPL(handled correctly) a really attractive alternative for a lot of players. Lots of money in the game potentially...so more money for the teams to play with, I can see the BPL potentially making a serious dent in the South African and NZ T20 comps.
Old February 29, 2012, 12:15 PM
Banned

Agreed with dash bhai...

Our cricketers have been poor in T20s and to make matters worse we dont really have inlt T20 matches. Having BPL will surely improve our T20 performance, especially with helping youngsters get confidence, exposure, and talents.

And I dont think its detrimal to other formats of the game. Playing T20 will help us in ODIs, especially with getting familiarized to pressure situations, having a brisk start when batting, bowling in the depth and scoring a lot of runs in short time
Old February 29, 2012, 12:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Yup, just think about it...local players bought at bargain basement prices, say $20k - even that comes to 16-17lakh taka. That is a significant amount of money for a lot of people, and for these youngsters, money that might just give them the luxury to continue pursuing cricket, and only cricket, while not having to worry about a day job.

Congrats to everyone involved with the BPL - it's easy to criticize and even easier to not take a risk. Obviously everyone did this with the money in mind, but is that such a bad thing?

Our large fan base makes the BPL(handled correctly) a really attractive alternative for a lot of players. Lots of money in the game potentially...so more money for the teams to play with, I can see the BPL potentially making a serious dent in the South African and NZ T20 comps.
yap you are right.......i think a lot of people gets confused in terms of foreign investments and offshore markets..infacts it is government policy irrespective of affiliation to have investments so that more jobs are created in this case it is our cricketers and other subsidiary roles getting employed......now engine of the cricket economy are tv deals now you want to penetrate to markets in different countries .....just like you want to export your products to different countries......e.g. geo telecasting bpl in pak and making money through ADs and than paying a premium to the host bradcasters who than can pay to other stakeholders including bcb....this is the reason why bcci dont let their players play in bpl....they dont want their market to be exploited....because playing indian players means more tv viewership in india and thus a better tv deal..
Old February 29, 2012, 04:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Actually I was not so positive about BPL
But I'm happy now, ya there will be controversies, IPL had controversies with Modi, so these things happen but what I liked about BPL is most of the matches were high scoring, lots of big hits lots of cheer.
so ya big hand
Old February 29, 2012, 07:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Fans First

Old February 29, 2012, 07:49 PM
Cricket Legend

^^ Bolunto ei kothata ke bolechilo ? :ami jokhon chotobelay choto chilam..
George Bush Junior. sounds like it
Old February 29, 2012, 07:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

I was very positive about BPL from get go. I dont care about some controversy, it happens everywhere.

Yes, a big cheer to everyone who made this a success!
Old February 29, 2012, 08:05 PM
Administrator

A special round of applause to our alleged spot-fixer. The aftermath of his arrest finally resulted in BPL news getting top billing in cricinfo. *clap*

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bplcrinfo.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	1266  
Old February 29, 2012, 08:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
A special round of applause to our alleged spot-fixer. The aftermath of his arrest finally resulted in BPL news getting top billing in cricinfo. *clap*

goes to show how the world work....arent the pca concerned that 3 test players were found guilty fixing test matches in sacred brit soil and thus advice not playing cricket anymore
Old February 29, 2012, 08:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Abdul Matin-Chief Groundsman, Dhaka for past 30 yrs

Last edited by zsayeed; March 1, 2012 at 01:09 AM..
Old February 29, 2012, 09:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
goes to show how the world work....arent the pca concerned that 3 test players were found guilty fixing test matches in sacred brit soil and thus advice not playing cricket anymore
And still some of us support England over Pakistan in the UAE series. Politics make unusual bed fellows does it not?

Last edited by zsayeed; February 29, 2012 at 09:40 PM..
Old February 29, 2012, 09:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

^ I was shocked to see the same.

What did the writer mean by "BPL Corruption"? Is he insane? There is a spot fix controversy, but how does that make BPL corrupted? Unlike IPL, we actually try to stop the fixers. When you read the headline it seems, there is a huge corruption going on in BPL and hence the title! What a scumbag writer this is!

The final just ended few hours ago. And they are talking about not getting paid and hitting a panic button. Who pays you in full before the tournament ends? Forget ICL (who never even paid to some), IPL, even ICC dont pay the members/players before or during the tournament. It take them months. I know there are lawsuits from players against IPL for not getting paid in years. Dont see those headline popping up on cricinfo!
Old February 29, 2012, 10:19 PM
Cricket Savant

zed sayeed bhai, bhodrolokta ke arun sir er pashe?
Old February 29, 2012, 10:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Chief Groundsman.
Old February 29, 2012, 10:50 PM
Cricket Savant

playmaker da ki rehana'r bhokto naki?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3UjJ4wKLkg
Old February 29, 2012, 11:43 PM
Banned

^^^
I hardy listen to Rehana

But then again great tournament and those cricinfo people are making all the little controversy a big thing..
Old March 1, 2012, 01:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Abdul Matin, chief groundsman who according to Arun has taken care of grounds in Dhaka for 30 years, even when Arun used to visit at young age.