facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 19, 2012, 01:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
The thing is, Shakib choosing Sahgir over other higher rated wicketkeepers in the auction proves they are good buddies. If the kicking incident were something serious, kaler Lontho/banglanews24 would have had a field day with it
spot on bro

Old February 19, 2012, 04:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

This is the moment when Saghir did the stumping off Shakib's bowling.... Shakib hugging Saghir, simply tells you how he appreciated Shaghir's effort !!! You can tell how these boys love Shakib.. just see the winning moment.. They were all over Shakib including Saghir.. So let's just stop making an issue out of nothing!!!

Old February 19, 2012, 04:48 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Someone take that pic ^ and put Rahim in a "thinking bubble" next to Shak's head.
Old February 19, 2012, 06:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
[...] Shakib hugging Saghir, simply tells you how he appreciated Shaghir's effort !!! You can tell how these boys love Shakib.. just see the winning moment.. They were all over Shakib including Saghir.. So let's just stop making an issue out of nothing!!!
We always see bowlers screaming at their fielders when a catch is dropped or the fielding is sloppy and batsmen screaming at their partners when they don't agree on the calls for rbw. Things happen in the heat of the moment when you are out there in the middle, and terms like 'spirit of the game', 'sportsmanship', and match referees exist for a reason. Two players could be the best of buddies and soulmates on and off the field, but a kick is a kick - and repeating myself here - has no place in the game. I don't think Shakib's passion is being questioned here. I personally rate Pavel as the best keeper in Bangladesh, and I am happy that Shakib recognized that he roped Pavel in his team.
Old February 19, 2012, 06:29 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

wait whaaaa!? Shakib kicked his kicker? When? Why? WTH?
Old February 19, 2012, 07:42 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
We always see bowlers screaming at their fielders when a catch is dropped or the fielding is sloppy and batsmen screaming at their partners when they don't agree on the calls for rbw. Things happen in the heat of the moment when you are out there in the middle, and terms like 'spirit of the game', 'sportsmanship', and match referees exist for a reason. Two players could be the best of buddies and soulmates on and off the field, but a kick is a kick - and repeating myself here - has no place in the game. I don't think Shakib's passion is being questioned here. I personally rate Pavel as the best keeper in Bangladesh, and I am happy that Shakib recognized that he roped Pavel in his team.
People used to say the same thing about sledging. Sledging is still a questionable part of the game but it persists nonetheless. If the match referee or the umpires didn't make a big deal out of it, then why are we?
Old February 19, 2012, 08:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Ash self-destructs while swinging other way
Old February 20, 2012, 11:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

yet again, shakib's reaction seemed over the top to me after he got the first wicket today
Old February 20, 2012, 02:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
People used to say the same thing about sledging. Sledging is still a questionable part of the game but it persists nonetheless. If the match referee or the umpires didn't make a big deal out of it, then why are we?
Sledging and kicking a player are two completely different things. You can sledge to your heart's content and do it well within the spirit of the game. You can sledge without directly involving the batsmen in a banter, and there's nothing wrong with that - tests the batsmen's mental strength - which i am sure most of us would agree to be a vital component of the game. On the other hand, I don't know how you can justify a kick - regardless of what/why/how it was done.

Shakib is known to have discipline issues off the field, and if he can keep it off the field, I could care less about it. But the moment you bring it on the field, thats when its a problem. There's a fine line between showing passion and being an indisciplined arrogant, and nobody wants to see your star player cross that line. Kicking a player on the field is not the right message to give to all those who look up to him.
Old February 20, 2012, 04:37 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

What did he do now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
yet again, shakib's reaction seemed over the top to me after he got the first wicket today
Old February 20, 2012, 04:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Seems to me they are good friends.
Old February 20, 2012, 06:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
What did he do now?
abar matha gorom korse .. amader ashole shobai mile or barir shamne paanir baalti niye hajir howa uchit!! or mathai koek baalti thanda paani dhala dorkar !! Sharakhhon etto matha gorom kore rakhar ki mane... life in a pressure cooker !!! that might be it !!
Old February 21, 2012, 07:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Danny called Shojib "little Inzi"
Old February 21, 2012, 09:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

dhuro! Issues made out of nothing.....tsk...tsk....

KRB Rocks
Old February 21, 2012, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
Sledging and kicking a player are two completely different things. You can sledge to your heart's content and do it well within the spirit of the game. You can sledge without directly involving the batsmen in a banter, and there's nothing wrong with that - tests the batsmen's mental strength - which i am sure most of us would agree to be a vital component of the game. On the other hand, I don't know how you can justify a kick - regardless of what/why/how it was done.

Shakib is known to have discipline issues off the field, and if he can keep it off the field, I could care less about it. But the moment you bring it on the field, thats when its a problem. There's a fine line between showing passion and being an indisciplined arrogant, and nobody wants to see your star player cross that line. Kicking a player on the field is not the right message to give to all those who look up to him.
Old February 21, 2012, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Shakib = player

Shakib performs => KRB wins

Shakib performs => Bangladesh wins

Shakib != your husband

Shakib != your dulabhai

Shakib != the man your kids should grow up idolizing as far as behavioral matters are concerned

Yes, many feel that sports icons are obliged to display exemplary behavior when it comes to matters outside of sports. I don't know who is right or wrong (just kidding, I know I'm right), but I believe otherwise. Sportsmen and sportswomen are humans first and are free to choose how they lead their lives, interact with people in their surroundings and respond to stressful situations. Your kids are your responsibility and it's up to you to teach them how you want them to behave in public. Shakib isn't your kid's father (or at least I hope, for your sake, that he isn't) and shouldn't have to curb his habits because they might screw up your child for good because you aren't the kind of parent you want to be.

If you really need a personality to look up to, go find that in your teachers, girlfriends, boyfriends, spouses, parents, kids. Let a sport icon be what he is - someone who plays and wins.

Galigalaj is very much a part of the game. Happens in the golir match, parar match, at the school level, club, regional, age group, international levels - you name it. So he sent Nasir off - what was he supposed to do, shake his hand, get down on one knee and propose to him out of guilt? The man couldn't do what he was sent out to do, i.e. bat, and clearly didn't belong there. So he felt like asking him to bleep off and did it, none of anyone else's business.

About the kicking incident, if it had been so bad, he would have been fined for it. That's what the officials are there for. If they don't seem to be bothered, then why should we bother?

PS: Note the use of the pronoun "you" doesn't imply I'm pointing my fingers at anyone in particular. In fact, I don't even know who did or did not post here regarding this matter. All I did was skim through some posts and read the points made.
Old February 21, 2012, 10:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Strong post Atimar bhai.
Old February 21, 2012, 10:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Shakib = player

Shakib performs => KRB wins

Shakib performs => Bangladesh wins

Shakib != your husband

Shakib != your dulabhai

Shakib != the man your kids should grow up idolizing as far as behavioral matters are concerned

Yes, many feel that sports icons are obliged to display exemplary behavior when it comes to matters outside of sports. I don't know who is right or wrong (just kidding, I know I'm right), but I believe otherwise. Sportsmen and sportswomen are humans first and are free to choose how they lead their lives, interact with people in their surroundings and respond to stressful situations. Your kids are your responsibility and it's up to you to teach them how you want them to behave in public. Shakib isn't your kid's father (or at least I hope, for your sake, that he isn't) and shouldn't have to curb his habits because they might screw up your child for good because you aren't the kind of parent you want to be.

If you really need a personality to look up to, go find that in your teachers, girlfriends, boyfriends, spouses, parents, kids. Let a sport icon be what he is - someone who plays and wins.

Galigalaj is very much a part of the game. Happens in the golir match, parar match, at the school level, club, regional, age group, international levels - you name it. So he sent Nasir off - what was he supposed to do, shake his hand, get down on one knee and propose to him out of guilt? The man couldn't do what he was sent out to do, i.e. bat, and clearly didn't belong there. So he felt like asking him to bleep off and did it, none of anyone else's business.

About the kicking incident, if it had been so bad, he would have been fined for it. That's what the officials are there for. If they don't seem to be bothered, then why should we bother?

PS: Note the use of the pronoun "you" doesn't imply I'm pointing my fingers at anyone in particular. In fact, I don't even know who did or did not post here regarding this matter. All I did was skim through some posts and read the points made.
But you are glossing over the fact, for Shakib to be supremely uberdevil ubermansch he NEEDS to eliminate character flaws. That is our expectations. What would you rather have a Shakib who is perfect and flawless in sports or a Shakib who is perfect and flawless in sports AND daily life? He is our messiah. He is our saint. That's why we want the best out of him. Surely if a MIT professor smokes hashish in his personal life you would frown down upon his reputation, no?

That is our point Atimar bhai. Amra fans. We just like to dream big. Ei khali. Amra chai amader gourob, amader orjon, amader chocker onjoli Shakib jate shudu boro khelowar no houk Atimar bhai kintoo jeno boro ek manush houk sheta jeno amra gorber shohit bolite pari. He manush, he karagor prohoir, Shakib jate ovotor ebong immortal ogni noor "being" e porinoto hoy shei amra kamna kori. Shakib jeno kono parking ticket, credit card debt theke arombho kore jate anguler nokh kete ek adorsho, shudirsho, uttom, shikhay porinito hoy shei amra kamna kori.

God bless USA! God bless Bangladesh! God bless Chad!
Old February 22, 2012, 01:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Seriously, seeing how some of you guys are reacting with Shakib's galigalaz issue, I doubt you ever played any competitive cricket or trained under any coach or "boro bhai".

Kh*%***r P*^% is dudh bhat of a gali.

If you havent given gali or received a few from your team mates, you really havent played.
And No, occasional cursing at computer screen while on Stick cricket does not count.

As said before, this is not directed to anyone, just a general observation.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 22, 2012, 02:35 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

im loving the rivalry going on. This will help shape our cricketer's mentality, unless your name ends with 'iqbal' and you have a 30 kg bhuri
Old February 22, 2012, 08:45 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

I liked Sabbir's catch and shenanigans with Shehzad. We need some confident guys in our team and I like his attitude. Nasir's a cocky sh!t too but I didn't like him silencing the fans especially as they are the same people who cheer for him when he plays for the national team.
Old February 22, 2012, 08:46 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

*Shakib appears on big screen*

Chittagong fans chant "bhua, bhua, bhua" lol
Old February 22, 2012, 10:30 AM
Cricket Legend

^^^ they prolly hate everyone for nasir's reaction!
Old February 22, 2012, 11:16 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

so far the best moment: Mominul hitting the "DOCTOR" for a six with a scoop
Old February 22, 2012, 11:16 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger manc
i liked sabbir's catch and shenanigans with shehzad. We need some confident guys in our team and i like his attitude. Nasir's a cocky sh!t too but i didn't like him silencing the fans especially as they are the same people who cheer for him when he plays for the national team.
নাসির কি করসে আবার?