facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 4, 2012, 12:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Default Secret Formula for Coke Revealed

Hello everyone,

According to news sources the secret formula of Coca Cola is revealed:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...116263029.html

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...ecret-formula/

and according to the sources it has Alcohol in it. well, Alhamdulillah! Not a big deal for me...i gave up coke/soda 4 years ago anyways...(not completely gave it up but always preferred water) if water not found then i choose soft drink!

Old February 4, 2012, 01:15 AM
Administrator

Was you mean. That's a year old news item.

Coke is still the real thing.
Old February 4, 2012, 01:21 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Dejavu...?
Old February 8, 2012, 03:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Hello everyone,

According to news sources the secret formula of Coca Cola is revealed:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...116263029.html

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...ecret-formula/

and according to the sources it has Alcohol in it. well, Alhamdulillah! Not a big deal for me...i gave up coke/soda 4 years ago anyways...(not completely gave it up but always preferred water) if water not found then i choose soft drink!
Indeed not a big deal. What? All of a sudden because of this sudden revelation, we gonna give up drinking coke? If the whole world functioned normally all these years, suddenly it's gonna grind to a halt?

Reminds me of a story I read here today:

Quote:
One day, Korzybski was giving a lecture to a group of students, and he interrupted the lesson suddenly in order to retrieve a packet of biscuits, wrapped in white paper, from his briefcase. He muttered that he just had to eat something, and he asked the students on the seats in the front row if they would also like a biscuit. A few students took a biscuit. "Nice biscuit, don't you think," said Korzybski, while he took a second one. The students were chewing vigorously. Then he tore the white paper from the biscuits, in order to reveal the original packaging. On it was a big picture of a dog's head and the words "Dog Cookies." The students looked at the package, and were shocked. Two of them wanted to vomit, put their hands in front of their mouths, and ran out of the lecture hall to the toilet. "You see," Korzybski remarked, "I have just demonstrated that people don't just eat food, but also words, and that the taste of the former is often outdone by the taste of the latter."[3]
Old February 8, 2012, 04:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Where does it say it has alcohol?

One Malaysian coke boss rubbished that rumor year ago.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/7514197.cms
Old February 8, 2012, 06:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Who ever got drunk from coca cola?

I dont even know the nice way of pointing out the utter ignorance on these forums sometimes.
Old February 8, 2012, 07:30 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

^^ I thought the whole point of these forums are that you share knowledge/ideas, discuss on issues and learn things, amongst others.

Since when posting an article and putting it up for discussion has become utter ignorance ??

Alcohol is a serious matter to Muslims and any rumour of the presence of alcohol on one of the most popular drinks ( soft, albeit) in the history of mankind should be put up for discussion and cleared off.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 8, 2012, 09:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I am sure Pepsi leaked it.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 8, 2012, 10:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Litre er por litre coke pan kore boro hoilam, ek baro to nijeke matal matal laglo na...alcohol eo bhejal chilo money hoy !
Old February 8, 2012, 12:00 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

One can of soda has 8 teaspoon sugar. I don't have sugar issues, but I can easily eat 4 rosogolla for 8 tsp sugar. No soda for me, unless I am eating pizza.
Old February 8, 2012, 03:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i don't like coke much anyways, i prefer pepsi
Old February 17, 2012, 12:42 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Any1 who gives his best

I have something to share about this fact. I was very much fond of these so called soft drinks (which are actually really hard in fact) in my early ages. But i googled about it and also came through some references and people who almost stunned me with the facts. I still drink it sometimes but just when i only need to be a social.
I can give the reference of this book by mark pendergrast "for god country and cocacola: the definitive history of the great american soft drinks and the company that makes it" . If you read the author biography then you can see that he has done research on coca-cola for a long period of time and in this book he unleashed the formula of soft drinks which was kept secret for years. According to him the constituents of soft drinks contain alcohol, but its quantity is small and you won't fall drunk if you have a liter or two.
But i have different issues to handle.. Coke also contains caffeine and other chemicals that are bad for health. According to Islamic law anything you eat that gets you out of your mind should be avoided. Let it be alcohol(which is most common) or anything else. Now if you drink such a small pint of it during having coke it won't quite naturally leave you drunk. But you also need to consider if the constituent of alcohol is itself halal or not. If you are a true muslim you should avoid confusion.
I would also like to share another thing which actually almost made me separated from coke for a long period of time. If you google out you can find in 2004 in andrapradesh and in some other places in India the farmers reported that they sprayed coke as pesticides in their crops and it yielded better results than other organic pesticides.- so used as an effective insect killer.
However one interesting fact about coke is you can show magic with it. at first you show your friend your white glowing teeth then you have a mouth full of coke and keep it for half an hour you teeth will turn yellowish.
Another fact is we all think that coke is one of the better in fact best thing to have it after heavy meal for good digestion. Our body temp. is generally 37 deg C. and it is infact naturally good for digestion. When we serve coke its temp is normally 4-5 deg C with ice toppings. So it decreases the temp of stomach which is not great for digestion. Often people drink soft drinks to quench the thirst. However, this is probably the worst time to drink soda, because when you are very thirsty or dehydrated you have low levels of saliva. And saliva helps to neutralize acids which are missing
In short besides above reason i would like to figure out some points why we shouldn't have soft drinks-
*Because We don't want to get fat
*We don't want vulnerable bones
*We don't want diabetes
*Because we don't think kidney dialysis is a good thing
*We don't want to be a cancer patient
*We don't want to get physically weak in early ages.
You can google about all the points and get details. However as i have already done some sort of research i can help if required to discuss details in any further points.
Actually i am not against having soft drinks but we should not make it into habit. As it contains caffeine you are most likely to fall in its trap. A slow but continuous process can surely hurt you before you realize it. Just take it as a reminder
Old February 17, 2012, 03:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Damn, and here I was thinking someone roofie'd my coke! This explains so much.
Old February 17, 2012, 04:00 PM
Cricket Savant

i am planning to hack off my body piece by piece because of the opiate productions.... surely i do not wanna rot in hell as a drug addict
Old February 17, 2012, 05:11 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang
I have something to share about this fact. I was very much fond of these so called soft drinks (which are actually really hard in fact) in my early ages. But i googled about it and also came through some references and people who almost stunned me with the facts. I still drink it sometimes but just when i only need to be a social.
I can give the reference of this book by mark pendergrast "for god country and cocacola: the definitive history of the great american soft drinks and the company that makes it" . If you read the author biography then you can see that he has done research on coca-cola for a long period of time and in this book he unleashed the formula of soft drinks which was kept secret for years. According to him the constituents of soft drinks contain alcohol, but its quantity is small and you won't fall drunk if you have a liter or two.
But i have different issues to handle.. Coke also contains caffeine and other chemicals that are bad for health. According to Islamic law anything you eat that gets you out of your mind should be avoided. Let it be alcohol(which is most common) or anything else. Now if you drink such a small pint of it during having coke it won't quite naturally leave you drunk. But you also need to consider if the constituent of alcohol is itself halal or not. If you are a true muslim you should avoid confusion.
I would also like to share another thing which actually almost made me separated from coke for a long period of time. If you google out you can find in 2004 in andrapradesh and in some other places in India the farmers reported that they sprayed coke as pesticides in their crops and it yielded better results than other organic pesticides.- so used as an effective insect killer.
However one interesting fact about coke is you can show magic with it. at first you show your friend your white glowing teeth then you have a mouth full of coke and keep it for half an hour you teeth will turn yellowish.
Another fact is we all think that coke is one of the better in fact best thing to have it after heavy meal for good digestion. Our body temp. is generally 37 deg C. and it is infact naturally good for digestion. When we serve coke its temp is normally 4-5 deg C with ice toppings. So it decreases the temp of stomach which is not great for digestion. Often people drink soft drinks to quench the thirst. However, this is probably the worst time to drink soda, because when you are very thirsty or dehydrated you have low levels of saliva. And saliva helps to neutralize acids which are missing
In short besides above reason i would like to figure out some points why we shouldn't have soft drinks-
*Because We don't want to get fat
*We don't want vulnerable bones
*We don't want diabetes
*Because we don't think kidney dialysis is a good thing
*We don't want to be a cancer patient
*We don't want to get physically weak in early ages.

You can google about all the points and get details. However as i have already done some sort of research i can help if required to discuss details in any further points.
Actually i am not against having soft drinks but we should not make it into habit. As it contains caffeine you are most likely to fall in its trap. A slow but continuous process can surely hurt you before you realize it. Just take it as a reminder
Rather than the religious justification, I am in agreement with these points. People should try to switch to fruit juices and ordinary semi-/skimmed milk I'm trying to, but it's difficult
Old February 17, 2012, 06:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Thank you Boomerang for your post. I go with Water Water Rulz!
Old February 17, 2012, 10:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio