facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 8, 2012, 11:58 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
My XI for the first game:

1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Jahirul
4. Mushfiq
5. Shakib
6. Riyad
7. Nasir
8. Mashrafe
9. Razzak
10. Elias
11. Nazmul
This is the best squad possible atm..if Rubel was there this would have been the best BD squad atm...Given Nazmul's history with the team i'd say he'll be replaced by shafiul and there u have the starting XI for the 1st match

Old March 8, 2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSM B2C
^^^ Great News, But Will Akram Khan be back as Head Selector, I hope not.
Nannu, the menda, the toilomordonee to be the head selector now?

No problem, Nannu showed his class during the Tamim saga and will be the head selector nominated by Kamal soon.
Old March 8, 2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
My XI for the first game:

1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Jahirul
4. Mushfiq
5. Shakib
6. Riyad
7. Nasir
8. Mashrafe
9. Razzak
10. Elias
11. Nazmul

I'd play three pacers and drop Razzak, but I have no confidence in Shahadat and Shafiul is way too inconsistent. I really don't want to see our bowlers scoring big half centuries (or centuries for that matter) with the ball. Ideally, I'd like to see Mashrafe, Nazmul and Rubel share the bowling with Shakib, Elias, Mahmudullah (part-time) and Nasir (part-time), especially when we're playing other Asian sides on flat surfaces.

And Jahirul better man up and score some runs for God's sake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
This is the best squad possible atm..if Rubel was there this would have been the best BD squad atm...Given Nazmul's history with the team i'd say he'll be replaced by shafiul and there u have the starting XI for the 1st match
That's my team too. Though, I would have choosen another bowler in place of Razzak if there was any replacement (Arafat).
Old March 8, 2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Thursday, 08 March 2012

Media Release

Tamim Iqbal included in Bangladesh Squad
Opening batsman Tamim Iqbal has been included in the Bangladesh squad for the Asia Cup 2012. Tamim will join the team straightaway. With his inclusion the 15-member Bangladesh squad is now complete:

TEAM
Imrul Kayes, Tamim Iqbal, Nazim Uddin, Jahurul Islam, Mushfiqur Rahim (Captain/WK), Shakib Al Hasan, Mahmud Ullah (Vice Captain), Nasir Hossain, Masrafe Mortaza, Abdur Razzak, Md Elias, Nazmul Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Shahadat Hossain, Anamul Hoque

Media & Communications Department, BCB
Was the Tamim saga a trap for Akram to replace him with Nannu as head selector?

Kamal saheb govir joler machh dekhchhi!?
Old March 8, 2012, 01:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
kapali's talent was compared to viv richards, there comes a point where you have to say enough is enough just because a player has talent doesn't mean they should be given a permanent fixture in the team/squad, they need to perform like everyone else.
Was it? I thought Viv liked his talent, though he never compared himself to Alok. But, I do agree with your following statement- performance is the key. Talent is subjective in eyes of different people. Viv Liked Alok. Some of us did too, but nothing came out of that eventually. There is another dubious one - Steve Waugh and few other Aussies really liked Hannan Sarkar..
Old March 8, 2012, 03:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
What? They were overlooked because of their dire form mostly - and they have got a fairly decent squad which is not full of defensive players. So fair enough.
Imrul and Jahirul have been in poor form in whatever form of the game they've played. Imrul's DPL form can't be included since a) he's never replicated that once in a int'l match b) it would not be considered for Ash. But I agree, its a fairly decent side, because we're only carrying one proven deadweight instead of the usual 5. Jahirul should be given a chance to prove himself, but I'm not too hopeful, although I wish him the best.

I just hope you brace yourself, because Ash will eventually make a comeback - even if for just a single innings cameo before being dropped for the next two series. He will then make yet another comeback after some DPL, BPL, XPL performance. I just hope you can tolerate that emotional roller-coaster! Just look at this way, even if Ash gets selected, he probably won't get a fair shake, so complaining is more or less much ado about nothing.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 8, 2012, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Actually, discounting Ashraful's DPL performance might be to his advantage - he ranks #24 in the list of run-scorers with a 29 average and only 1 fifty.

http://digicricket.marssil.com/match...ent/?m=68&id=8
Old March 8, 2012, 04:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Actually, discounting Ashraful's DPL performance might be to his advantage - he ranks #24 in the list of run-scorers with a 29 average and only 1 fifty.

http://digicricket.marssil.com/match...ent/?m=68&id=8
Right, but had he averaged say 40, with 4 fifties...we'd still have to discount it because Ashraful has always done well in DPL. We wouldn't say "why is Ash not selected! travesty!" or "Ash is guaranteed to do well now that he is in form." So if we discount it for Ash, it should be discounted for Imrul as well as all other things are the same.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 8, 2012, 04:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Imrul and Jahirul have been in poor form in whatever form of the game they've played. ...
Could elaborate on what you meant on Jahurul's position please. Thanks!!