facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 17, 2012, 01:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Default No Zimbabwe tour in August.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Zim tour delayed
Sports Reporter

The Bangladesh cricket team will have to be content with playing minnows in the next few months after their August tour to Zimbabwe has been delayed to next year.

This was informed by Bangladesh Cricket Board director Enayet Hossain Siraj, the chairman of the cricket operations committee, after a meeting held at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur yesterday.

Bangladesh were supposed to play two Tests, three ODIs and a Twenty20 during the tour but it will now be pushed back by eight months into a late southern African summer.

"They have informed us that both their grounds are not prepared so it won't be possible in August," said Siraj, "They proposed for the tour in October but it won't be possible in because we will have domestic season at the time. So we agree to hold it in April 2013."

As was planned, the Tigers will tour Europe to play Ireland in a four-day game, three one-dayers and two Twenty20 games. There is also consideration for matches against the Netherlands and Scotland during the tour.

The more pressing matter in hand however is the Pakistan tour, whether the Tigers will be given a schedule to train ahead of the two matches. Siraj said that they are playing in cool so far. "We have discussed the issue but we will wait for the ICC to let the board know about the progress," he said.

With less than two weeks left for the scheduled first game to be held on April 29, it is interesting to see the Tigers not training yet as its increasingly becoming a hurriedly prepared tour.

Meanwhile, the BCB have been invited to send a team to Trinidad & Tobago for a tournament commemorating the island's Independence Day in August. The winners will get $20,000 and the organisers will bear all expenses. A BCB Eleven could be sent, it was learned.

Old April 17, 2012, 01:21 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

WTF??? This is just BS from zimbos.

RIP Bangladesh crickey until....?????????
Old April 17, 2012, 01:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

eto breaking news,matha kharap koira dilo re
Old April 17, 2012, 01:24 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

To be honest I am happy for tigers to tour next April. If they plan our domestic cleverly our players will be match fit as they will be coming to the end of Bangladesh Domestic Season.
Old April 17, 2012, 01:30 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

But i'm happy that bcb turned down their offer to tour in octobor. if they don't do us a favour than why should we?

Remember asking $$$$ for staying extra day when we tour them last yr?
Old April 17, 2012, 02:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

We could invite Zimbo here.
Old April 17, 2012, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Zimbos realized only way they will beat us is with green as ogre pitch. Now that they dont have a pitch like that, they want more time to create one. This is outrageous!
Old April 17, 2012, 02:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

I like the Trinidad and Tobago tournament ... Let us send the academy or A Team.... Let them have a go at 20,000 $ ....
Old April 17, 2012, 02:07 PM
Cricket Sage

"We have requested (the BCB) that the series be moved to October from August," Ozias Bvute, ZC's managing director, told ESPNcricinfo. "This is because we want to work on our wickets and squares in Harare and Bulawayo; they have been very flat over the last few years so we want to make them livelier. We were supposed to do this work earlier but because South Africa are visiting for five T20s in June, we can only do it later."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe...ry/561619.html

Lol.
BCB offer ta accept na kore bhaloi koreche.
Old April 17, 2012, 02:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Shouldn't they be touring us this year since we toured them the last year? No offence but watching cricket in Zimbabwe is really dull. The pitches are dead and hardly a hundred people turn up to watch the games.
Old April 17, 2012, 02:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
"We have requested (the BCB) that the series be moved to October from August," Ozias Bvute, ZC's managing director, told ESPNcricinfo. "This is because we want to work on our wickets and squares in Harare and Bulawayo; they have been very flat over the last few years so we want to make them livelier. We were supposed to do this work earlier but because South Africa are visiting for five T20s in June, we can only do it later."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe...ry/561619.html

Lol.
Good job BCB!!
BCB are you listening. We need to prepare few livelier track so our boys can practice before the face the Zim pacers.
Old April 17, 2012, 02:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

I'm silently protesting this...august 2013 tour-ta april 2013-e neya jai. kintu ei bochor-er ta ei bochor-i chai. amra eto kore bollam last year-e je ekta practice match dao, zim beta-ra dilo na. We need to stop doing favors to others (zim, pk...)

outrageous. shocking. shob incompetent diye bcb vorti (25 freaking directors including Lotus uncle)...eto chilla-chiili kore shamanno jinish niye club-khela bondho koira dei, ncl bondho koira dei..kintu ashol jaigai (intenational) -e bully na hoiya biral hoi. jotto shob. tather shobar Rail montrir moto podothag/quit kora uchit.

Old April 17, 2012, 02:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkh2O
I'm silently protesting this...august 2013 tour-ta april 2013-e neya jai. kintu ei bochor-er ta ei bochor-i chai. amra eto kore bollam last year-e je ekta practice match dao, zim beta-ra dilo na. We need to stop doing favors to others (zim, pk...)

outrageous. shocking. shob incompetent diye bcb vorti (25 freaking directors including Lotus uncle)...eto chilla-chiili kore shamanno jinish niye club-khela bondho koira dei, ncl bondho koira dei..kintu ashol jaigai (intenational) -e bully na hoiya biral hoi. jotto shob. tather shobar Rail montrir moto podothag/quit kora uchit.

They offered october this year, but BCB didn't accept...they accepted next year...
Old April 17, 2012, 03:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

^^i know bro. sorry, I wasn't clear about it. August 2012 should be August 2012, not october or otherwise...cause last time when I checked (August 2011) they were not helpful to us. So why should we? (Don't get me wrong...I love zimslog) We have favored them countless times in the past and they couln't give us practice matches when they knew clearly we had monsoon problem in BD(last year). I call that a selfish action by zim board. era je kemon bondhu tokoni bujchi.
Old April 17, 2012, 04:23 PM
MLC World Series I

So not much competitive cricket before the T20 WC
Old April 17, 2012, 05:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

So, Zim is playing 5 T20's against SA? A great way to prepare for the T20 world Cup. Whom are we playing? :/
Old April 17, 2012, 05:39 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
We could invite Zimbo here.
Yes, we can invite Zimbabwe for a Test series during that time.
Old April 17, 2012, 06:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Breaking news # 3 in third consecutive day.. whats next?
Old April 17, 2012, 06:09 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejkuni
Yes, we can invite Zimbabwe for a Test series during that time.
During August in Bangladesh.
Old April 17, 2012, 07:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
dammit. Bad news after bad news.

Why do they (zim) need to make livelier pitch ? We don't need livelier pitch, we are happy to play in flat track (its their disadvantage that they could not prepare the pitch as they wanted). Why did even BCB agree to postpone the series !?
Old April 17, 2012, 08:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD128
So, Zim is playing 5 T20's against SA? A great way to prepare for the T20 world Cup. Whom are we playing? :/
Against Ireland 2 T20s.
Against Pakistan 1 T20.
Old April 17, 2012, 08:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
dammit. Bad news after bad news.

Why do they (zim) need to make livelier pitch ? We don't need livelier pitch, we are happy to play in flat track (its their disadvantage that they could not prepare the pitch as they wanted). Why did even BCB agree to postpone the series !?
I think BCB don't want to repeat the same mistake they did last year. Last year BD went to Zimbabwe without playing any FC cricket for long time and players performed very poorly and lost the game.

And this time before the tour only 1 FC game is scheduled which is not enough. So they want to go there well prepared this time.
Old April 17, 2012, 08:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Damn it, lacks of cricket in this year will hurt us really badly. BCB is really letting us down in term of planning
Old April 17, 2012, 09:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Ekhono boltasi FC chaloo koro!
And make sure Tamim plays... he last played in Nov 2007!
Old April 17, 2012, 09:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Tour fixing Everything happening when big bosses are all in Dubai !