facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 28, 2007, 08:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Videos of the 1971 atrocities and their aftermath

In light of the revisionist history that Jamaat and its allies are trying to promulgate (e.g. Shah Abdul Hannan's claims that there was no genocide, merely a Civil War), I am posting the following videos (uploaded by mashuqur) from NBC and CBS news in 1972. They might be a little difficult for children and those with sensitive constitutions to watch, so please consider yourself warned.

Bangladesh Genocide: Dhaka University Massacre

Bangladesh Genocide: Khulna Massacres

Bangladesh Genocide: Rape Victims

Old October 30, 2007, 10:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Thank you Shaad.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 30, 2007, 02:09 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly

too difficult to watch. Needs to be shown to the younger generation.
Old October 30, 2007, 02:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

While showing these to younger generations, we need to make sure hatred is not seeded in their heart. For educational purposes and fact findings this is ok. But one must make sure they promise to not do this to others if the table is ever reversed. If they do then they become no better. War is never pretty. We have sacrificed enough already.
Old October 31, 2007, 11:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Blood boils, literally.

These videos needs to be shown to the mass media,esp on the TV channels here.

The younger generation really needs to see and learn the facts of the war.
They should be given the chance to differentiate between reality and fiction.

Enough is enough. The history, our glorious past has been distorted, twisted and shamed by the politician for too long.

Its time for us to rise to the occasion.

Thank You Shaad.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 1, 2007, 10:03 PM
Retired BC Admin

Default Rare video of genocide, 1971

Dhaka University Massacre:

Courtesy: YouTube user mashuqur
Old November 1, 2007, 10:05 PM
Retired BC Admin

Khulna Massacre:

Courtesy: YouTube user mashuqur
Old November 1, 2007, 10:37 PM
Cricket Legend

the first video is just.... I am just speechless.....
Old November 1, 2007, 11:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

The DU video's just unbelievable. Thank God the video wasn't so clear...I've never seen anything this real in my life.

May their souls rest in peace.
Old November 2, 2007, 12:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

These wounds will never heal. May Allah rest those souls in peace and grant them Jannah. It’s so sad and pain when we still have those Paki-tie Albadar-Rajakars announce their establishment in such a strong voice!
Old November 2, 2007, 12:51 AM

May Allah grant peace and justice to those victims.
Old November 2, 2007, 02:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

C_M bhai,

Thanks for your effort.
But i think we have another exactly same thread with same videos currently on going in this forum.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 2, 2007, 04:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Haramjada Jammat er leader der ei video dekhay jigesh kora dorkar eishob ki ? This is the first time in my life that I have seen any of these videos and it just made me feel so angry. The biggest mistake free and liberated Bangladesh could do was to pardon the war criminals. The first few years after independence we needed a strong and able leader. Those first few years f***** us up badly I think. If only we had a govt back then like the current CTG then Bangladesh would have been a country to reckon with if we had started off in the right foot. Even if it is late I think we should try these war criminals in court now and punish them. I think some freedom fighters have decided to charge these razakars in court and Mr. Fakhrudin welcomed it.
Old November 2, 2007, 05:04 AM
Cricket Guru

omg this is sooooo sad.. im like crying right now!
this makes me ask " why on earth did we pardon those paks?" this is grossly unfair and unjustified! if sheik mujib ever made a mistake in his life.. that would be pardoning these criminals. how could he do this?
Old November 2, 2007, 05:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Shaad already posted these videos HERE, but thanks again ...

Maybe a merger is in order?
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 2, 2007, 05:58 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Thanks for the vids CM bhai... merging it with our previous thread on same topic

Last edited by Ahmed_B; November 2, 2007 at 06:04 AM..
Old November 2, 2007, 07:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Thank You Shaad.
Actually, the credit belongs to mashuqur for actually retrieving these from the news archives and posting them in youtube.

My reasons for linking to them are straightforward: given many revisionist claims about whether the atrocities occurred or not, I thought it would be a good idea for some documentation to be available (see also the cables and related documents from the US National Security Archive at this link).

Now, it's understandable that watching this will make many of us quite angry. But I think it's important that we channel this rage towards productive goals, attempting to actually live up to the ideals of our martyrs and creating a better Bangladesh. Most of the people responsible for these war crimes are dead or dying anyway; using this as an excuse to get upset at the current generation of Pakistanis is not productive (they are not responsible for the atrocities, and many of them are fed such a biased version of history in school that they don't believe such heinous acts occurred).

What is particularly important, though, as Tiger's_eye has pointed out, is that we learn from this incident never to commit such acts ourselves when we are in a position of power. History is replete with examples of a once-downtrodden group committing atrocities themselves when they come to power (see Israel and Iraq for recent examples); we must never do so.
Old November 2, 2007, 07:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
... Now, it's understandable that watching this will make many of us quite angry. But I think it's important that we channel this rage towards productive goals, attempting to actually live up to the ideals of our martyrs and creating a better Bangladesh. Most of the people responsible for these war crimes are dead or dying anyway; using this as an excuse to get upset at the current generation of Pakistanis is not productive (they are not responsible for the atrocities, and many of them are fed such a biased version of history in school that they don't believe such heinous acts occurred).

What is particularly important, though, as Tiger's_eye has pointed out, is that we learn from this incident never to commit such acts ourselves when we are in a position of power. History is replete with examples of a once-downtrodden group committing atrocities themselves when they come to power (see Israel and Iraq for recent examples); we must never do so.
Right on bro ...

Having said that, I believe it is still important that the ones responsible for war crimes still alive brought to justice, no matter what side they were on during the war. A war crimes tribunal focuses on specific acts of atrocity within the context of the law and does not take poilitical sides.
Old November 2, 2007, 08:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Completely agree with Sohel bhai here.

It's injustice to the nation when the rajakars talk like this in OUR free nation.

Shaad bhai: I agree with your idea about what's fed to the youngsters about the history of Bangladesh and Pakistan. Unfortunately, when "lies" are restated millions of times, it becomes the "reality", and it prevails in the next generations. We cannot really blame anyone for this, probably because history is always biased. A very similar situation will arise when we'll probably have a completely different concept than that of our next generations about the US and its atrocities in Iraq and Afghanistan. But what's important for us is to try and make that small difference if we can.

Blaming current generation Pakistanis and Bangladeshis for their lack of knowledge isn't the right approach. The best approach is to raise awareness. Whoever wants to buy the story will buy it. Whoever doesn't want to buy it, too bad for them, they're being fed a pile of rubbish that has been rotting in the garbage for over 3 and a half decades.
Old November 2, 2007, 09:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I know you (everyone who watches these videos) feel angry! You feel like betrayed by the Jamaat words and action.

Now think of those freedom fighters who are still alive to hear these sort of bull crap. How do they feel? All of them went to the war knowing very well they may never return. They went to the war knowing this war may linger over generations. It was their time to serve the motherland. Some returned only to see poverty, political chaos and finally seeing politicians raping their motherland. Parties extending hands with those who committed these crimes. Whom do think are worse?

We have a duty to fulfill. May the Almighty give us the power, knowledge to rebuild this nation. Fulfill the dreams those freedom fighters had who did not have the opportunity to see their dream come true. The only way to achieve this is to sacrifice and staying in the path of truth. "inni kuntu minaz zalimin".
Old November 2, 2007, 10:51 AM
Retired BC Admin

Sorry about the duplicate posts. Missed Shaad's posts.

While I agree with Shaad's comments in his follow-up post as well as with the comments posted thereafter, I think we should have a crystal clear picture of what had actually happened and to what extent during the Independence war. This will only help us love our motherland little bit more.
Old November 2, 2007, 10:55 AM
Retired BC Admin

Default More documents declassified by US on 2005

Volume E-7: Documents on South Asia, 1969-1972 >>

Last edited by chinaman; November 3, 2007 at 06:43 PM..
Old November 2, 2007, 02:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

more documentaries in both Bengali and English video document

Find more documentaries by clicking the above link.
Old November 2, 2007, 07:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
This is a goldmine man! I am reading all the telegrams at this point, but will gobble up the rest soon.
Old November 2, 2007, 10:20 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
Now, it's understandable that watching this will make many of us quite angry. But I think it's important that we channel this rage towards productive goals, attempting to actually live up to the ideals of our martyrs and creating a better Bangladesh. Most of the people responsible for these war crimes are dead or dying anyway; using this as an excuse to get upset at the current generation of Pakistanis is not productive (they are not responsible for the atrocities, and many of them are fed such a biased version of history in school that they don't believe such heinous acts occurred).
Bangladesh Liberation War of 1971: Views of the New Generation in Pakistan

BBC URDU: Multan Students Remember 1971

BBC Urdu: Lahore Students Remember 1971

BBC Urdu: Hyderabad Students Remember 1971