facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 13, 2012, 06:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
As this website states that when there is a green pitch the bowl is bound to swing.

http://www.indiastudychannel.com/exp...s-cricket.aspx
So this guy (Sai) is more authentic than Wiki..

That wiki definition of Swing bowling is perfect and agreed by all authentic sources. Your Sai the blogger confuses you by saying swing bowling/pace bowling...while the second part is true. And the scientists/researchers say that he is completely wrong about the moisture in the pitch and swing of a ball... If you want to learn about swing bowling, go throug the following:

Quote:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/258645.html - CI ARTICLE

Conventional swing, reverse swing, contrast swing. In the past few years cricketers have been barraged with new and convoluted descriptions of a ball's deviation through the air, but only the select few can differentiate between each, let alone unravel the science behind them.....

Quote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-18262145 - The phenomenon of swing bowling, in which a cricket ball veers sideways during flight.....
Quote:
The effect of atmospheric conditions on the swing of a cricket ball
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...77705812016463

The aerodynamic mechanisms that produce swing, and reverse swing in cricket are well understood and the phenomenon has often been measured in wind tunnel tests. However, it is widely believed throughout the cricketing community that atmospheric conditions can have a dramatic effect on a bowler's ability to make the ball swing, and this has perplexed the minds of sports engineers for decades. A sophisticated trajectory model was developed to investigate how different atmospheric conditions affect the swing of a cricket ball, and similar to previous studies, humidity was found to have no effect....

Quote:
Ian Pont:

1. Anyone can swing a ball (if they enjoy the right conditions and wrist position) and anyone can seam a ball (if it hits the seam). Some bowlers TRY to swing a ball as a main weapon (SHAFIUL) others TRY to seam the ball as a man weapon (NAZMUL). Swing can be more destructive as it is in the air and not affected by the pitch you are playing on. To seam the ball it has to 'grip' the surface slightly.

2. Many factors affect a ball SWINGING: the ball condition, state of the seam, the seam position, wind direction, and the wrist position of the bowler.

With a SEAMING ball: the seam condition, wrist position, which side of the seam the ball lands on and pitch condition.

For someone to bowl seamers, they simply have to hit the seam. The ball does the rest. And it does depend on which side of the seam hits the pitch. It can nip either way off the seam. So some seam bowlers can move the ball 'both ways' without really knowing which one it will be. Some seam bowlers have SUCH GOOD release positions of the ball that the ball consistently hits the same side of the seam and will seam one way all the time.

Of course there are CUTTERS, which are different again. This is where a fast bowlers runs their fingers to the off side (LEG CUTTER) or to the leg side (OFF CUTTER) very quickly on release. This makes the ball slow down in flight (so can be used as slower balls) and can grip the surface making the ball nip in the direction you intend.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ng#post1292284
Post # 741
Dude, do you know the difference between "Swinging a ball" and "Seaming a Ball" ?? Try to find that out, you will get to know what Shxxt you are delivering. Yes, the swing is only applicable in the flight of a ball until it is pitched... So it's all in the air... where do you find grass in the air ??

I will reply to you next, if you can define Swing and Seam bowling...

Last edited by BANFAN; October 13, 2012 at 08:19 AM..

Old October 13, 2012, 05:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
So this guy (Sai) is more authentic than Wiki..

That wiki definition of Swing bowling is perfect and agreed by all authentic sources. Your Sai the blogger confuses you by saying swing bowling/pace bowling...while the second part is true. And the scientists/researchers say that he is completely wrong about the moisture in the pitch and swing of a ball... If you want to learn about swing bowling, go throug the following:

Dude, do you know the difference between "Swinging a ball" and "Seaming a Ball" ?? Try to find that out, you will get to know what Shxxt you are delivering. Yes, the swing is only applicable in the flight of a ball until it is pitched... So it's all in the air... where do you find grass in the air ??

I will reply to you next, if you can define Swing and Seam bowling...
Perhaps you are right. But the source i gave stated that moisture in the grass helps with the ball swinging. Thats where i came up with my reasoning that moisture in the grass helps with the ball to swing.

But that doesnt mean i dont know what 'swinging and seaming means'. Dont try twisting sh** around.
Old October 15, 2012, 01:36 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
NCL to retain its old format
ESPNcricinfo staff
October 14, 2012

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has decided to revert to the old format of the National Cricket League (NCL), overturning its earlier decision of incorporating the proposed franchise system. The players will be paid match fees according to the previous season's payment scheme. To keep the franchises, which have already been signed, the board is planning another first-class tournament involving four teams after the NCL.

The decision to retain the old format and create a new tournament for the franchises was taken at a meeting on October 10, though the BCB only announced the franchise system during a press briefing addressed by senior vice-president Mahbub Anam.

"After the West Indies series, we will host a four-team, regional first-class tournament, which will be franchise-based," Tournament committee chairman Gazi Ashraf Hossain told Prothom Alo. "The NCL will be held as it has always been."

Read More..
Hmm, interesting..
Old October 15, 2012, 01:39 AM
MLC World Series I

Zonal FC tournament? Sounds interesting. I think the Indian FC system inspired the BCB. Don't know if other countries' FC structure has such zonal competition.

And see, how the others are checking out Alok work out!
Old October 15, 2012, 02:07 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I think its a better idea. Now the regular NCL will be more interesting in the sense that the players will have to perform in order to make the squad for the money making competition. You want to make the regional XI, u have to perform in the NCL. Really the only difference was the players getting paid higher. Now the difference will be coming out as the best player to play a higher league.... one step closer to Academy, A, national squad
Old October 15, 2012, 02:14 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Aftab giving fitness test for NCL. (ATMR bhai, where's the aunty?)
Old October 15, 2012, 02:27 AM
MLC World Series I

^ oh, geez! Look at that..Looks like Aftab's diet consists of Biryani for breakfast, lunch & dinner!
Old October 15, 2012, 03:08 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

o my... look at that... if this guy can make the NCL squad with that belly, I should walk in with my fitness (its terrible but still)
Old October 15, 2012, 03:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Bangladesh players are either skinny or mota. Besides the Rubels, Nasir's, Suhrawardis and a few other really fit guys, players like Tamim, Alok, Shafiul are...

Nasir is really fit but his strength is weak. He is toned but he needs to work on strength so he can be a much more effective batsmen (so he can clear the ropes with more ease).
Old October 15, 2012, 03:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

more FC cricket can only be good, but at the same time it needs to be more than picnic cricket to get any major benefits.
Old October 15, 2012, 07:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

This is where the problem lies. Just look at how out of shape Aftab is. The scary thing is that I'm sure he's not the only 1. This is where you see professionalism still lacking compared to other nations. Also the problem seems to be the lack of competition in the domestic sides. If Aftab for example had to worry about his spot in the Chittagong side, then I don't think he would dare to become that fat. We need to create competition amongst the domestic sides so that players don't take their places for granted. I see only Rajshahi having at least some competition. I remember in the NCL final, Mushy was picked just as a batsman and Dhiman was chosen as the keeper and Shuvo, while he was in the national team, was not even picked. More of the domestic sides need to follow suit if we want to become a better cricketing nation.
Old October 15, 2012, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

LOL and some still cry for him to be included in the XI.

Let this be proof that he is one of the biggest excuses of a cricketer to ever have played for us. Print this out, put it up on your wall, look at it every night before you go to bed and when you wake up in the morning, so that every time your heart aches for the glory days of his brainless slogs, you are also served a reminder about his mejban eating expertise (like the memories of his brainless slogs weren't enough).

PS: Ki dekhlam eita? Mash er bhuri to ei tulonay kisui na!
Old October 15, 2012, 09:05 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
LOL and some still cry for him to be included in the XI.

Let this be proof that he is one of the biggest excuses of a cricketer to ever have played for us. Print this out, put it up on your wall, look at it every night before you go to bed and when you wake up in the morning, so that every time your heart aches for the glory days of his brainless slogs, you are also served a reminder about his mejban eating expertise (like the memories of his brainless slogs weren't enough).

PS: Ki dekhlam eita? Mash er bhuri to ei tulonay kisui na!
You are talking about Mash's bhuri, even a 9-month pregnant woman's tummy isn't this big. This is utterly shameful for anyone who call themselves professional athletes/sportsmen. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw this, just goes to show how carelessly our players take the game, simply without any commitment whatsoever.
Old October 15, 2012, 09:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

It's not that big. Maybe the pic was taken when he was exhaling profusely. Or maybe he is wearing an abs strap. Or maybe he is sick and has a bloating stomach. Could be so many things. We will never know
Old October 15, 2012, 10:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
You are talking about Mash's bhuri, even a 9-month pregnant woman's tummy isn't this big. This is utterly shameful for anyone who call themselves professional athletes/sportsmen. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw this, just goes to show how carelessly our players take the game, simply without any commitment whatsoever.
This can be looked as a positive as well if you take it from a different angle. Our team has moved on from Aftab type players. We might not have the best team, but with the players we have now, you can tell they are a lot more motivated and determined compared to the last lot. A lot of them do pay attention to their fitness. Of course we have a long ways to go in terms of professionalism in our national team but we have definitely made strides in this department.

Now the next step is to improve the motivation and determination of the domestic sides. We need to make sure that Aftab like players can no longer just walk in to their respective teams. They either have to work their butts off or go home and get another job. We need a no nonsense policy. If we can have a more strict regime in domestic cricket, our cricket can go a long way.
Old October 15, 2012, 04:13 PM
Cricket Sage

At first glance I thought that was Akram khan trying to lose some weight. lol aie modon ta shokal dupur ki khai?
Old October 15, 2012, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I thought Homer Simpson was trying out for Bangladesh.
Old October 16, 2012, 05:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

OMG, What a Bhuri AA, Uncle should immediately contact : "Med Bhuri .. Ki Kori"
Old October 16, 2012, 05:53 AM
Banned

Leave Aftab alone!
Oi beyadob varatiya hurricane diya mathai aghat korar por bechara'r jibon ta ulta palta hoia gese! Ektu na hoi beshi khawa dawa kore, tate ki? Baicha ase je eitai to boro kotha!
Old October 16, 2012, 11:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Come on fat players can play cricket too!..Inzy says hi....Who am I kidding this is Aftab
Old October 16, 2012, 03:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi

Aftab giving fitness test for NCL. (ATMR bhai, where's the aunty?)
Aftab: Ho Ho chair ta payer tolai dao to bhaya ra...oi Kapali ki dekosh tore na ami treat korsilam de amar payer niche kisu dei

Kapali: allright dilam...ami jokon korbo tui kintu amare backup korbi...bujisna amra dui jonei expecting (to be in the team)
Old October 16, 2012, 05:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Aftab man LOL its really funny look at our cricketer's fitness, and Kapali why is he even doing there. Looks like no future with them.
Old October 16, 2012, 09:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Reporter should do a before and after scenario with Aftab 'Bhuri'. Before Kurbani Eid & After Kurbani Eid. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets even bigger than that.
Old October 16, 2012, 11:39 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Source: Prothom-alo
Old October 17, 2012, 08:48 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal

Source: Prothom-alo