facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 13, 2012, 11:49 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Looks like its happening, McInnes twitted last night about possible Pak tour in January.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.

Old December 13, 2012, 01:48 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Looks like its happening, McInnes twitted last night about possible Pak tour in January.
Oh, no. I thought this was done.
Old December 13, 2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
Pakistan is unsafe, I don't understand why we have to risk our players and staffs lives over there, not our problem they can't hold matches. They for some reason don't seem to understand the BCB that Pakistan for some silly reason failed to provide security for the Sri Lanka team and therefore their bus got attacked. Even till today, there's always news on more explosions in Pakistan so until its 100% absolutely safe, we should refuse to go for our players sake.
It is an indisputable fact that Pakistan has been unsafe, even for its own people. The attacks have happened everywhere, including mosques, markets. If the team is really going, I hope that BCB demands the same security for the team that the US President would have got. Nothing less is acceptable.
Old December 13, 2012, 01:57 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I was always against the Pakistan tour without ICC's full support. But now I am not. I just want to ask everyone.

How safe is Bangladesh ?
Old December 13, 2012, 02:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
How safe is Bangladesh ?
Fifty - Fifty.

Somteime it may swing from 40-60 to 60-40.

Its definitely safer than Baltimore - West of downtown., but not as safe as Mankato, MN.
Old December 13, 2012, 02:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
I was always against the Pakistan tour without ICC's full support. But now I am not. I just want to ask everyone.

How safe is Bangladesh ?
With you MC bhai. We need to play more test and should play test instead of these t20 and odi...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 13, 2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:

How safe is Bangladesh ?
In Bangladesh, you can go to a Masjid or shopping center without any fear. (Well almost. The shopkeepers might "rob" you.) However, if you are going through an isolated area at night by yourself, you are not safe. I don't think players will do the latter.
Old December 13, 2012, 03:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

IMO this aint happening. Even if the board being forceful (w/o ICC full support) to make such decision again, someone from local concerned about the team's safety will file a case against it at court again or another regular bomb blast (most likely) in Pakistan will ruin such preparation anyway.
Old December 13, 2012, 03:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
IMO this aint happening. Even if the board being forceful (w/o ICC full support) to make such decision again, someone from local concerned about the team's safety will file a case against it at court again or another regular bomb blast (most likely) in Pakistan will ruin such preparation anyway.

It can indeed ruin the tour, however it will not ruin the preparation.

So I say, go ahead... prepare... arrange some Team-a vs national team.... atleast that will keep them busy and fans happy.
Old December 13, 2012, 04:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I understand people might think its unsafe and all but we still need to play more cricket.
Old December 13, 2012, 06:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Possible is the key word...something will happen and this tour won't happen again. This ridiculous drama will keep repeating.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 13, 2012, 06:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Guys no place is safe at night I live in the UK and everytime at night near nightclubs, pubs, theatres you see crime everywhere. Trust me UK is just as unsafe like Bangladesh but its nowhere worse like Pakistan or even India and that's what counts.
Old December 13, 2012, 07:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

Why the hell do we have to go to Pakistan to play them? We can have a series in UAE. I don't want our players to be lambs for sacrifice, let some other team (Zim, WI etc) tour first before we go.
Old December 13, 2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I understand people might think its unsafe and all but we still need to play more cricket.
Life is slightly more important, IMHO.
Old December 13, 2012, 08:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Prothom Alo says its happening...http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...14/news/313112
Old December 13, 2012, 09:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
Why the hell do we have to go to Pakistan to play them? We can have a series in UAE. I don't want our players to be lambs for sacrifice, let some other team (Zim, WI etc) tour first before we go.
While no team deserves to play in a warzone be it India or Vatican City Papal 5th XI, I too am of the the firm opinion that Bangladesh should not be the sacrificial lamb and BCB should not allow it. Unfortunately this Pappon gobet has already gone on record saying we have a legally binding agreement. Screw legality and cancel the tour no one needs Pakistan's 2nd rate cheaters and ball biters in BPL.

I am confident that the high court or some fan protests will take care of this not happening at the last minute. We will also see the usual posturing from Pappon and Zaka Ashraf.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 13, 2012, 09:40 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
That's right. We need to play cricket. But what's the point of having such a short tour? They are saying that they won't let Pakistani players play in BPL if we cancel this tour. I hope you can see what they are trying to do here..

And life is always more valuable than anything else and cricket is just a game..
Old December 13, 2012, 09:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
That's right. We need to play cricket. But what's the point of having such a short tour? They are saying that they won't let Pakistani players play in BPL if we cancel this tour. I hope you can see what they are trying to do here..

And life is always more valuable than anything else and cricket is just a game..
Well said. I want more cricket as well but why play in a place where it's still very unsafe?

I talked to a few Pakistani friends not too long ago and even they've said that they haven't gone back in a while and don't intend to go back anytime soon since the situation is still very volatile. So if even their own people are worried about going back there then don't you think the situation is still bad?

I feel for their people and they badly want cricket back but until the situation is like this, no team should go play there. Why not have a full tour in the UAE instead?
Old December 13, 2012, 09:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

NO! Not going to Pakistan! No way in hell!
Old December 13, 2012, 09:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
While no team deserves to play in a warzone be it India or Vatican City Papal 5th XI, I too am of the the firm opinion that Bangladesh should not be the sacrificial lamb and BCB should not allow it. Unfortunately this Pappon gobet has already gone on record saying we have a legally binding agreement. Screw legality and cancel the tour no one needs Pakistan's 2nd rate cheaters and ball biters in BPL.

I am confident that the high court or some fan protests will take care of this not happening at the last minute. We will also see the usual posturing from Pappon and Zaka Ashraf.

So is this one of those political scams where they managed to get the outgoing Bcb president to sign agreement so the current President does not get blamed and the tour goes through? We have some really good politicians in the Bcb and Pcb.
Old December 13, 2012, 10:44 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

i think pcb is playing game here ......bcb feeling some kind of pressure here....like no pakistanis players will attend in up coming bpl.....future pak series in bd.....there is lots of story untold.....so, i guess bcb is some kind of pressure.....also we don't have many matches in up coming year....so they r thinking, it might will help us if we just go there ...n play 1odi and 1 t20....4days tour........i just wanted to say...if we go there....make sure there is 5000 army n 5000 police ready....2000 in the stadium....
Old December 13, 2012, 10:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricbook
i think pcb is playing game here ......bcb feeling some kind of pressure here....like no pakistanis players will attend in up coming bpl.....future pak series in bd.....there is lots of story untold.....so, i guess bcb is some kind of pressure.....also we don't have many matches in up coming year....so they r thinking, it might will help us if we just go there ...n play 1odi and 1 t20....4days tour........i just wanted to say...if we go there....make sure there is 5000 army n 5000 police ready....2000 in the stadium....
Why not have 50 thousand army and 100 thousand police officers?
Old December 13, 2012, 11:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Here is the funny part, the rest of the cricket world won't give a damn. BD going to play in Pak will be huge news for Pak cricket obviously, but I doubt it will make any difference to teams like Aus, SA, Eng or India. I doubt they will say oh look BD played there so we should go play there too.
Old December 14, 2012, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

They should just play in UAE.
Old December 14, 2012, 07:28 AM

এই জানুয়ারিতেই পাকিস্তান সফর!
ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ১৪-১২-২০১২

তাহলে বাংলাদেশই হতে যাচ্ছে চার বছরের মধ্যে পাকিস্তান সফর করা প্রথম কোনো আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেট দল! বিসিবি সূত্রে জানা গেছে, আগামী জানুয়ারি মাসের শুরুর দিকে সংক্ষিপ্ত সফরে বাংলাদেশ দলের পাকিস্তান যাওয়া একরকম নিশ্চিত।

বাংলাদেশের পাকিস্তান সফর নিয়ে বিসিবি ও পিসিবির মধ্যে নিয়মিতই চিঠি চালাচালি চলছিল। তারই ধারাবাহিকতায় বিসিবি থেকে পিসিবিকে বলা হয় সিরিজের সম্ভাব্য সূচি জানাতে। সেটি হাতে না পেলেও বিসিবির ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা প্রধান এনায়েত হোসেন কাল জানিয়েছেন, ‘সব ঠিক থাকলে ৯ বা ১০ জানুয়ারি আমাদের দল পাকিস্তানে যাবে। সেখানে তিন দিনের সফরে পাকিস্তানের সঙ্গে তারা একটি ওয়ানডে ও একটি টি-টোয়েন্টি খেলবে।’

সম্ভাব্য সূচি নিয়ে আলোচনা হলেও সফরটিকে এখনই পুরোপুরি নিশ্চিত বলতে পারছেন না এনায়েত হোসেন, ‘আমরা পাকিস্তানে যাওয়ার চিন্তাভাবনা করছি এবং সম্ভাব্য দিন-তারিখ নিয়েও আলোচনা চলছে। তবে সবই নির্ভর করছে নিরাপত্তা পরিস্থিতি আর আইসিসির ওপর। আইসিসিকে আমরা এই সিরিজের জন্য ম্যাচ অফিশিয়াল দেওয়ার অনুরোধ করব।’

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...14/news/313112