facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 2, 2012, 07:04 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Stuart Law already called him a star during Asia Cup. I'll go with his words.

Old December 2, 2012, 07:18 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Old December 2, 2012, 07:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
I hate to be the one to say I told you so... but I told you so. This lad is pure class...

I cannot believe one suggestion he should be dropped to "teach him a lesson" for slow batting. The lad scored 120 and the team made almost 300.

THE BOY IS 19 YEARS OLD for heaven's sake.

Let's hope this innings has given the lad all the confidence and belief he needs to go on and settle into the team. Just the start of great things to come.

Just as long as we don't have fool fans making stupid comments and putting pressure on this batting treasure.

Some people here don't have any sense or don't understand cricket.
Old December 2, 2012, 07:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imteaz
If Bangladesh loses today, Anamul should be dropped in next match. Just to send a message to him Team is more important than his century.

Some people can say, he is kid or he just protected one side. But if he is appraised after this selfish innings, he will never learn the importance of the team man. Ashraful is the greatest example.
Remember Tendulkar against us in the Asia cup? If that legend of a man, who is twice as old as Anamul, can have butterflies in his stomach while reaching a hundred despite having had been there time and time again, then is accepting Anamul to have some in only in his 2nd match a bit too much? Nerves are something you cannot control but you can make your way around it. His way of going around this was to slow down a bit and to make up for this, he accelerated afterwards, even though he could easily have tried to hit his way out and get out!
Old December 2, 2012, 09:39 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
If Bangladesh loses today, Anamul should be dropped in next match. Just to send a message to him Team is more important than his century.

Some people can say, he is kid or he just protected one side. But if he is appraised after this selfish innings, he will never learn the importance of the team man. Ashraful is the greatest example.
I think Anamul should be dropped for the rest of the series. WI showed us how to score rapidly. Drop this selfish loser!
Old December 2, 2012, 09:43 AM

But, you told us.

The fans are never happy. If he scored at a 100 SR, there would still be something to complain about.

He could be a great find, if he is willing to put in the hard work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
I hate to be the one to say I told you so... but I told you so. This lad is pure class...

I cannot believe one suggestion he should be dropped to "teach him a lesson" for slow batting. The lad scored 120 and the team made almost 300.

THE BOY IS 19 YEARS OLD for heaven's sake.

Let's hope this innings has given the lad all the confidence and belief he needs to go on and settle into the team. Just the start of great things to come.

Just as long as we don't have fool fans making stupid comments and putting pressure on this batting treasure.
Old December 2, 2012, 03:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Dropping Anamul to 'send a message'
That cracked me up, who are you going to replace him with? Nazimuddin? SN? or JS? Players who wouldn't be able to make a tenth of the runs Anamul made, and our score would have barely passed 200. That would sure send a message!
Old December 2, 2012, 04:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Anamul has shown great temperament and hand-eye coordination. I am petty sure that he is aware of his lack of footwork, let's give me space to work out his weakness. So if he has a series of bad performance, remember to give him space. I think we have found a great batsman for Bangladesh.

BTW, Momiul was awesome too!
Old December 2, 2012, 04:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Everyone is talking like our batsmen score tons on a regular basis..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 2, 2012, 06:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

anamul is a different breed that BD hasn't seen before, someone who is capable of regularly scoring tons. proved it with a ton in his 2nd ODI. tamim and shakib are run scorers, they have lots of talent (mushy to) but they're yet to be big time century scorers, anamul might show them the way...
Old December 3, 2012, 01:18 AM
Cricket Guru

If we had lost that match, I'd have pointed my fingers towards our bowlers, because 293 was a terrific score, something that is rare from our batting side.

But if we were to drop Anamul, who would have replaced him? I still stand by my point that SN, JS or Naza would not have been able to score a tenth of the runs.
Old December 3, 2012, 01:29 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Mentally he already looks at a level far above Tamim, Shakib and co. Anamul is not about the happy go lucky swing at everything approach. From what we have seen and heard from him, he will employ planning and method towards accumulating his scores.

He has the right ingredients in terms of approach and range of shots but the only danger is his footwork. He might not have had trouble this series but once opposition bowlers study him and make him a target, he will have to come up with answers. People say the second year of international cricket is always the toughest because opposition work you out and I hope our coaching staff will have him on the priority list and develop him as we did with Tamim.
Old December 3, 2012, 05:32 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Stuart Law already called him a star during Asia Cup. I'll go with his words.

And the Law always have the last say.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 3, 2012, 06:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:

Finally as BD have won I agree all your points. Agree I made a wrong comments or I dont understand cricket at all
At least one of your post in this thread was sensible
Old December 3, 2012, 06:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

First of all Congrats to Anamul for scoring such a brilliant century!
I would never mind having a talented selfish opener in the BD team who can actually score haha. Its nice to see the kid score a 100 and still go on for a bit - Not too many times we see a BD batsman doing this.
Hope he keeps on performing like this... and BD keep on scoring big like this! What a match it was to watch!
Old December 3, 2012, 06:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

A top innings but a long way to go with regard to technique in more testing conditions
Old December 3, 2012, 08:48 AM

Ana-Mul might not, but Anamul probably can.
Old December 3, 2012, 10:19 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

@Ian Pont: Since you know a lot of coaches and staff within County Cricket and are very keen on the development of Bangladesh Cricket, maybe you could one day soon find a way for some of our young guys like Shakib, Rahim, Anamul or whoever an opportunity to play a season or two in County Cricket so they can experience and develop in different condition's making our Cricket a lot stronger future wise.
Old December 3, 2012, 02:51 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
@Ian Pont: Since you know a lot of coaches and staff within County Cricket and are very keen on the development of Bangladesh Cricket, maybe you could one day soon find a way for some of our young guys like Shakib, Rahim, Anamul or whoever an opportunity to play a season or two in County Cricket so they can experience and develop in different condition's making our Cricket a lot stronger future wise.
Definitely. For instance, I helped Tamim with his contract at Notts last year as Mick Newell is a friend of mine as their head coach, plus Notts is one of my former counties.

I am sure Anamul will get his fair chances as he gets better and becomes a good name.
Old December 3, 2012, 02:53 PM
Banned

Ian pont deserves credit where it is due, He backed Anamul Haque and I thank him for this.
Old December 3, 2012, 03:20 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

I really hope Anamul sorts out his feet movement soon. I first saw Anamul back in the summer of 2009 when the Bangladesh Under-19 team toured England for some test matches and an ODI series which Bangladesh did really well in and you could tell this guy had extraordinary talent.
Old December 3, 2012, 05:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Or you can look at the sunny side of changing gear in 90's, teach a lesson of temperament for the seniors who generally score big and finish between 72-96.
Old December 3, 2012, 05:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:

Come on guys. You miss the first line. I post it before the 2nd innings starts.

If by any chance we lost 2nd match than you people would find lots of problem within the team. Many times we lost even we played good cricket. I even gave you the example of Ashraful. What amount of appreciation he recieved after his 1st 100 in test or 100 against ODI. What was the outcome. We won 1 single match and that boy started to lose his commitment day by day. Today Ashraful has become a joke for us.

Hope Enamul (according prothom-alo today) will not be converted as another Ashraful for us.
Not really; even if Bangladesh had lost, there would have no ground to drop him for the next match. He could've been spoken to obviously about his approach during the nineties (like asking him to be attentive to taking singles rather than boundaries etc.) but dropping him for this in a team like Bangladesh where performers themselves are hard to come by, let alone perfect performers, is just showing too much luxury. LOL!
Old December 4, 2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:

Come on guys. You miss the first line. I post it before the 2nd innings starts.

If by any chance we lost 2nd match than you people would find lots of problem within the team. Many times we lost even we played good cricket. I even gave you the example of Ashraful. What amount of appreciation he recieved after his 1st 100 in test or 100 against ODI. What was the outcome. We won 1 single match and that boy started to lose his commitment day by day. Today Ashraful has become a joke for us.

Hope Enamul (according prothom-alo today) will not be converted as another Ashraful for us.
Many of the comments were sarcasm, including mine, in case you did not pick that up.