facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 1, 2013, 03:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Default Mysticism, Metaphysics & The Way to Inner Peace

Quote:
Individuation: The Way to Inner Peace
By
Wael Hazem FoudaFreelancer

Thursday, 28 February 2013 00:00

In our modern world, science kept looking for an answer for a simple question; what is it that keeps us motivated along our lives? What makes us cope with dangers and catastrophes such as earth quakes and floods? Humans showed amazing skills adapting with the ups and downs of this world. We also accepted the most frightening concepts of life like death.
Psychology is that branch of science that studies the human unconscious through which the human psyche protects itself to keep being motivated. Primitive man also found his way to inner peace through interesting philosophies by which modern psychology was inspired.
The Yin-Yang Chinese Polarity
An old Chinese story tells of an old farmer who had a horse. One day the horse escaped into the hills. All the farmer's neighbors sympathized with the old man over his bad luck, the farmer replied, 'Bad luck? Good luck? Who knows?'
Full below:

http://www.onislam.net/english/healt...ner-peace.html

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old March 1, 2013, 03:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
How to do drugs in conservative Pakistan

Mariya KarimjeeGlobalPost.comFebruary 27, 2013

KARACHI, Pakistan — The imposing 1,400-year-old Abdullah Shah Gazi Mausoleum occupies a prominent spot, built on a hilltop where this bustling city of 21 million meets the Arabian Sea.
On Thursday nights, bearded men and "niqab"-wearing women — always segregated — throng the shrine. After waiting in long lines, they drape garlands and scatter flower pedals over the tomb of the city’s patron saint — laid to rest amid the intricate blue and white tilework, at the top of a long staircase.
Abdullah Shah Gazi, the Sufi mystic interred here, is a direct descendent of the Prophet Muhammad, and is known for his healing powers. His shrine attracts pilgrims from afar, as well as locals who worship regularly. Religious leaders stand beside the marble sarcophagus, reciting prayers from the Quran. Street musicians jam on tablas and accordions; eyes closed, lips pursed, they sway to the beat as singers chant the fervent, soulful hymns of Sufi Islam.
Full below:

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/articl...ative-pakistan

Old March 1, 2013, 03:46 PM
Cricket Savant

finally (!not phenyl-e) ekta hit thread khullam bcte bole money hoche

Old March 1, 2013, 03:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Logic and reasoning, an integral part of Islam

Thursday, 28 Feb 2013 at 08:45

Naveed Qazi

Kalam in Islam is regarded as a speculative theology. From Arabic, it can be translated as a study of speech or words – a philosophy seeking theological knowledge through dialectic. A scholar of Kalam is called as Mutakallim (Mutakallimiin in plural) – people who debate.
Throughout history, several schools ofKalam developed. The most famous of them include the Mutazilah, often described as the rationalists of Islam, who appeared in the 8th century, mainly in Basra and Baghdad. They were more liberal rationalists than the Asharis and believed in the sovereignty of reason, the supremacy of reasoned (aqli) faith against traditional (naqli) faith. Though the truth of Islam were ultimate references to this school, the scholars from his academy relied on logic and different aspects of early Islamic philosophy, Greek philosophy and Hellenistic philosophy, contrary to certain traditionalist Muslim philosophers, like Abu Hanifa and Shafi, from whom they received criticism.
Full blown article b'low:

http://www.risingkashmir.in/news/log...lam-42516.aspx

Old March 1, 2013, 03:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
The Irish Times - Tuesday, February 26, 2013

'I believe a lot of things are down to mind over matter'

Andy McGovern, who was diagnosed with MND 37 years ago,
turned 80 this month. photograph: lorraine teevan

Andy McGovern

Having lived through the two- to five-year MND life expectancy period, ‘my survival instincts kicked in’
I left school at the age of 13. I have always been involved in physical work such as construction, bartending, farm labouring and driving. But in 1976 I noticed some strange symptoms – the first was the fact that when I stretched out my right hand, one finger dropped down and seemed unable to resist the pull of gravity – I also had weakness in my bicep.
Initially, I tried to ignore it but things started to get worse so I went to see my doctor after about six months. He did a few tests and about six weeks later, I was told I had motor neurone disease (MND).
I hadn’t brought anyone with me to the doctor’s clinic and initially the diagnosis had no immediate effect as this was 1977 and the words motor neurone disease were not something you heard very often.
Life expectancy
My instincts told me that it might not be good but I didn’t probe at the time of diagnosis and the word terminal was never used.
But on my next visit, I queried the neurologist and received the shocking words: “Yes, it is terminal and life expectancy is between two and five years, although you are a very healthy, strong person and I would be surprised if you did not get longer than that.” Those were the actual words of my neurologist.
Respect below:

https://news.google.com/news/section...3b14cd4dcea083

Old March 1, 2013, 04:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
He places huge value on "brain-centered learning" and devised a specific program designed to foster improvement in a young player's cognitive skills. Bruyninckx places the same level of importance of neuroscience as he does football tactics.
Both Bruyninckx and McGreskin have embraced "overload" drills to help tune players' brains, where some might be asked to speak in different languages during fitness training while others are asked to toss a tennis ball around and call out colors during sessions involving the football.
"We need to develop an engram -- a neurological track -- in the brain," Bruyninckx told The Blizzard. "We always thought that sporting activities were mechanical activities, but we know that there are interventions from the brain."
Bruyninckx's work has been acknowledged by one of the world's top soccer coaches, Jose Mourinho, the current manager at Real Madrid who has won titles in four different countries and lifted the European Champions League twice.
"Mourinho immediately understood what I'm trying to do and he asked a lot of intelligent questions," said Bruyninckx.
"He also noticed that the organization of the drills requires a greater team involvement, more concentration, attention, a continuous inciting of perception and that intelligent playing could grow a lot."
CNN article on "Mind over Matter" tag:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/26/sport/...ourinho-messi/