facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old October 30, 2013, 07:54 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Just like our cricket team, Zeeshan also did not want break winning MT format.
Makes sense

Make it 2-0 tigers. You know you can do it

Old October 30, 2013, 08:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I also want to see us chasing, we are good at it,
I want Kopa to open for the next 2 ODIs & T20.
The way Rubel came back gives me hope that Razzaq can also come back after a poor series so far, so no Kanchon for now.
If we are chasing a low target I won't mind Naeem coming before Mushy. ( NAeem needs more international experience/opportunity)
I want Rubel to atleast take 3 wickets.

Finally I want us to win
Old October 30, 2013, 08:25 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Anamul out Shamsur in. Its not that Bijoy deserves to be dropped this early, its just that Shamsur deserves a chance right now. everything else same. Kane is out which is a huge blow for them. As big as us missing Shakib. So we are even. I have a feeling Tamim will perform better today. Seems to be the flow with him too. Get out cheaply first match and than make a comeback.
Old October 30, 2013, 08:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Anamul out Shamsur in. Its not that Bijoy deserves to be dropped this early, its just that Shamsur deserves a chance right now. everything else same. Kane is out which is a huge blow for them. As big as us missing Shakib. So we are even. I have a feeling Tamim will perform better today. Seems to be the flow with him too. Get out cheaply first match and than make a comeback.
How? It's not like Shamsur is in red hot form. He was decent in the A team tour but I thought Anamul did better actually since he ended up getting a century and a 59 whereas Shamsur barely notched up some 50s.

And in the DPL, Shamsurs average is good but he was 1 century and 0 fifties in 7 innings and has a SR of only a 68. Even in the match where he scored a century, he almost bungled the chase I heard.

So don't see anything that suggests that he must get a chance. If he ends up getting a chance, it'd be due to the lack of options rather than his own performance.
Old October 30, 2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
How? It's not like Shamsur is in red hot form. He was decent in the A team tour but I thought Anamul did better actually since he ended up getting a century and a 59 whereas Shamsur barely notched up some 50s.

And in the DPL, Shamsurs average is good but he was 1 century and 0 fifties in 7 innings and has a SR of only a 68. Even in the match where he scored a century, he almost bungled the chase I heard.

So don't see anything that suggests that he must get a chance. If he ends up getting a chance, it'd be due to the lack of options rather than his own performance.
See I never said, he must get a chance. But deserves a chance. Again, I didnt say he deserves a chance ahead of Anamul, but after him.
The reason why deserves a chance is like you said by the lack of options. If we look at the list of openers that we have, i think you would agree that he does deserve a chance since no one is performing consistently.
Old October 30, 2013, 08:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
See I never said, he must get a chance. But deserves a chance. Again, I didnt say he deserves a chance ahead of Anamul, but after him.
The reason why deserves a chance is like you said by the lack of options. If we look at the list of openers that we have, i think you would agree that he does deserve a chance since no one is performing consistently.
I think it's best if Anamul gets this series. If he fails, then in the SL series I want to see Shamsur but for this tour since we decided to give a chance to Anamul, I want to see him getting the full tour. The only time I want to see Shamsur in is if we win the next ODI and Anamul ends up failing. Then we'd have nothing to lose and since that'd be 2 chances for Anamul, I wouldn't mind giving Shamsur a chance for the 3rd ODI.

By the way, I agree with you that Shamsur should be the next in line.
Old October 30, 2013, 09:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
The only time I want to see Shamsur in is if we win the next ODI and Anamul ends up failing. Then we'd have nothing to lose and since that'd be 2 chances for Anamul, I wouldn't mind giving Shamsur a chance for the 3rd ODI.
What about if we lose the game and Anamul fails and again prove it that he may not be technically ready yet at this level.
Old October 30, 2013, 09:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
What about if we lose the game and Anamul fails and again prove it that he may not be technically ready yet at this level.
Give Anamul another go then. I'll ask you this. Would you want Shamsur to play his first ODI match in a series deciding match? That would be a lot of unnecessary pressure on a player who hasn't really played international cricket besides 2 T20Is.

We did that against the WI when series was tied 2-2 and we dropped Naeem from the 3 spot and brought in Jahurul who didn't play any match on that tour whereas Naeem played the 2 Test matches and the 4 ODIs. What ended up happening? Jahurul ended up being lost like anything which was no surprise since it was his 1st match on tour and he ended up putting us in a big hole.

Now I don't know how much better Naeem would've done in that match but it was definitely the much safer option going with Naeem in rather than Jahurul for a series deciding match.

I brought that point up because it's not wise at all to bring in a brand new guy when the series is still up in the air in place of a guy who has played the whole tour.

Facing our domestic bowlers is much different compared to facing international level bowlers and it'd be unfair on Shamsur.
Old October 30, 2013, 09:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Expecting to see good things from Mominul as he still hasn't proved himself in this format. People are already making him a martyr because of the run out, I don't understand why. It's a duck for me and nothing else. Mominul still has more to prove in ODIs than Anamul, even considering Anamul's cheap wicket last ODI.
Old October 30, 2013, 09:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

I want to play the same team. But Naeem at #7
Old October 30, 2013, 09:49 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
I want to play the same team. But Naeem at #7
so who plays at 5?
Old October 30, 2013, 09:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Running singles and twos and threes will be vital in this match. It is why players like Mushfiqur, Shakib and Mahmadullah can go on auto pilot, and seamlessly rack up runs and develop partnerships in no time. Tamim and Anamul are boundary hunters, which I guess makes sense for openers, your supposed best skilled batsmen in the team. But for an opening partnership to sustain, running between the wickets is imperative.
Old October 30, 2013, 10:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Give Anamul another go then. I'll ask you this. Would you want Shamsur to play his first ODI match in a series deciding match? That would be a lot of unnecessary pressure on a player who hasn't really played international cricket besides 2 T20Is.
I will tell you this, I always support young players and I am on the record who does't like bringing old players who makes same mistakes again and agian. And obviously I suport Ananmul. But what I have seen so far, I think he is not ready yet and giving him chance now further will only damage his career further.

There is different way we can address the #2 slot, Shamsur may be one, bringing Naem or even Momin may be another. I cannot say if Samsur is ready or not untill I see him play few games, he haven't played any game yet, so you cannot say one way or another before he plays, we will only know after he plays.

Quote:
We did that against the WI when series was tied 2-2 and we dropped Naeem from the 3 spot and brought in Jahurul who didn't play any match on that tour whereas Naeem played the 2 Test matches and the 4 ODIs. What ended up happening? Jahurul ended up being lost like anything which was no surprise since it was his 1st match on tour and he ended up putting us in a big hole .

Jahurul is not Anamul. Where as jahurul has limited ceiling with decent exposure before he came, Anamul is much younger and much higher ceiling with less exposure in overall cricket. Your above example from past should not make us "gun shy and not making any bold and correct decision (atleast I think)" for the fear of past failure.

Also while Juhurul failed to take advantage, Naeem came with much success after his drop. That's what we want from Anamul. he goes back with his exposure, now he knows what he needs to address, addess his flaws, and then when he come back, he coames back with a bang in future.

Quote:
I brought that point up because it's not wise at all to bring in a brand new guy when the series is still up in the air in place of a guy who has played the whole tour.
What worse can happen? He will fail like Anamul. You are asking to take a hit for team in 2nd ODI even when Anamul proved he is not technically ready yet. To me that is much worse than taking some risk on another player, who may or may not work in long run.
If it is proved that Samsur is not ready yet, atleast he whill know what to address to come back in the team in future.

Quote:
Facing our domestic bowlers is much different compared to facing international level bowlers and it'd be unfair on Shamsur.
Exacatly... that's why we should NOT stick with Anamul now after he showed in this series that he is not ready yet and do much damage to his career. its not a lottery game looking for a big innings and suddenly his technical flaws will be vanished....he need to work on his technique outside the game. On the other hand, whether Samsur is ready to handle international bowlers is not known to us. As he has beeen selected mutiples series by BCB, its fair to assume they think he is ready. I think its VERY unfair to Samsur to say that he is not ready against international bowler, before he is given a chance yet.
Old October 30, 2013, 10:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Pitch and conditions
The Mirpur pitch wasn't easy to bat on, according to Mushfiqur Rahim. Corey Anderson, too, noticed that the track had a bit of spice at the start of the game, and it will encourage the pace bowlers. Although it rained on Tuesday, weather forecasts suggest a clear day for the second ODI.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/684009.html
Old October 30, 2013, 10:03 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

williamson ruled out for rest of the series
Old October 30, 2013, 10:04 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

According to banglanews24.com, there will be no changes in the playing XI. That means Anamul is getting another opportunity. Hope he can make it count this time. .
Old October 30, 2013, 10:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I hope that he performs

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 30, 2013, 10:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
so who plays at 5?
Nasir at #5 and Riyad at #6
Old October 30, 2013, 10:38 AM

maybe try this?

Tamim
Mominul
Anamul
Mushy
Naeem
Riyad
Nasir
Mash
Gazi
Raj
Rubel
Old October 30, 2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
LOL Zee, exact copy paste, expected more creativity from you!
Well, I give full credit to Zee! He is a genius - he is telling us that we will win the 2nd match like we have won the 1st one...

Though, the Kiwis will give a tough fight, we can win it if TIK, Anam, Momin, Nasir clicks...Good luck Zee and TIGERS
Old October 30, 2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
maybe try this?

Tamim
Mominul
Anamul
Mushy
Naeem
Riyad
Nasir
Mash
Gazi
Raj
Rubel
How about this?

Tamim
Naeem
Anamul
Momin
Mushy
Riyad
Nasir
Mash
Gazi
Raj
Rube
Old October 30, 2013, 11:51 AM
Cricket Legend

who are the favourites In everyone's opinion?

I don't think there are any clear favorite

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old October 30, 2013, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
How about this?

Tamim
Naeem
Anamul
Momin
Mushy
Riyad
Nasir
Mash
Gazi
Raj
Rube
I will put Gazi ahead of Mash. He is surely better batsman.

At present form I would like to see anamul at no 7 and promote others one position. Reason is, ball will be older and no slip at that time of the game. Whatever quick runs he will score from that position will be a bonus. I wish he will do much better using his present techniques from no. 7.And once he will gather confidence and improve footwork, only then he can be promoted. I have noticed he is a very good and energetic fielder too.

Good luck Anamul, I still believe you got potential to become one of the best batsman in the team but you need to work hard with a good batting coach
Old October 30, 2013, 12:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

according to Showering Kobir , Kopa Shamsu ke naki udjibito bhabe batting practice korte dekha giyeche ajke.
and team management naki poriborton er abhash kichuta diyechey , kintu Ryad bolechey ek i team thakbe.
Ryad bolechen kalker match e amra aro attacking cricket khelbo.
Old October 30, 2013, 01:06 PM
Cricket Legend

ryad er attacking cricket holo: getting a single and returning the tailender to the strike

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)