facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 10, 2013, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Default BCB President statement on WI withdrawal

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BCB President’s statement

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) President Nazmul Hassan, MP today made the following statement regarding the decision of the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) of withdrawing the West Indies Under 19 team from its tour of Bangladesh.

Mr Hassan said: “The withdrawal of the West Indies Under 19 team by the WICB from its tour of Bangladesh is unfortunate. However, we can understand what may have prompted the WICB’s decision even though its players or the game was never under any threat as we had ensured full-proof security. We realise that the parents and guardians were anxious about the well-being of their children which is quite natural.

“We are disappointed that the series could not continue but we are not unduly concerned about the implications of this situation. What is taking place at the moment in our country is a political unrest which can happen during an election year and it is not terrorism. Besides, we are convinced that cricket was never targeted during the disturbances.

“We have three very important cricketing events coming up in Bangladesh. The tour of Sri Lanka starts towards the end of January 2014, the Asia Cup is in February-March and the ICC World Twenty20 begins in March. I do not foresee any alarms in hosting these competitions as I am very confident that we will soon see the end of this phase of tension. This will not carry on forever.

“Political parties in Bangladesh have always been extremely cooperative and supportive to cricket. In fact, New Zealand have played a full series here recently when there were strikes and blockades also. A large number of foreign cricketers have appeared in our domestic competitions since the start of the political tension. There are instances of the duration of strikes getting reduced and cricket being kept out of the purview of demonstrations during matches here. I am sure we will continue to receive the same level of assistance and goodwill from the political leadership because we all unite for the cause cricket.”

Old December 10, 2013, 10:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
we will continue to receive the same level of assistance and goodwill from the political leadership because we all unite for the cause cricket
Not so sure about that.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old December 10, 2013, 11:21 AM
Cricket Legend

If they are so supportive then how come we have a blast just outside the hotel. And how come no police spotted the carrier of the coktail?

Truely no one in this country cares for anything. No one cares for life, no one cares for love.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old December 10, 2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
no one cares for love.
Zeeshan does!
Old December 11, 2013, 12:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Zeeshan does!
Really ?

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old December 12, 2013, 07:54 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Why they just didnt put Security in whole 2 miles around the hotel, m telling u only Allah knows where this guy Papon taking us , he is the on responsible for everything
Old December 12, 2013, 08:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

How can you ensure full-proof security to a group of people when you yourself are not so secure about your own time of death? so if any of the West Indian Players died of a heart attack, would Papon take responsibility their death? of course not!
Old December 12, 2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Really ?
Yes! Zeshan has a beautiful mind
Old December 15, 2013, 02:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Yes! Zeshan has a beautiful mind
Phew! God bless Zeshan