facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 29, 2014, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Default SL in BD, Day 3, Test 1 experience: Elephant in the room

A new FP article:

Elephant in the room
Zeeshan Mahmud
Sri Lanka has taken a giant lead of 498 runs. As the author endured and enjoyed the third day's experience of first Test at Mirpur, he comes to point out how at the critical stage of an ICC draft proposal, Bangladesh team cannot ignore the obvious deficiencies that is apparent within the team.
Read article »

Old January 29, 2014, 10:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Havent read the piece yet but points i'd like to make:

0. I am still looking forward to day 4. Unlike Tamim, I dont thinknthe rest of the lineup will bend over twice. That being said I'm perfectly braced for Nigel to act as a facilitator to said butt rapage.

1. Its a belter of a wicket. 232 was an atrocious total to post.

2. SL's bowling was ordinary to the max. A lethal combination of horrendous stroke play and equally horrendous umpiring cost us an untold number of runs. That alone wouldn't change the balance of the game.

3. Mushfiq's WK blunders are on the scale of Cornwallis. Purely unacceptable.

4. Instead of batting passengers the team now carries bowlers in the form of Rubel who penchant for dishing out no balls hints humorously at a similar lack of testicular resolve. Razzak is another red ball idiot.

5. Points 2-4 if corrected would have synergistically balanced this match much more to the point of honors being even after day 3.

6. Most these issues have no immediate solution.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 29, 2014, 11:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
SL's bowling was ordinary to the max.
Really dude? Have you seen the likes of Lakmal and Eranga bowl? Even in 5 years time we won't produce quicks like these.

Full kudos to their disciplined bowling. Everything from their run up, using their built to well directed bouncers will result in caricatures of short and wide balls from Rubel, Robiul et Co.

Read Isam's new article if you haven't already.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 29, 2014, 12:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Z, I never said their bowling wasn't disciplined. I did say it was ordinary tho. And to be honest it wasn't all that disciplined either judging from econ rates being well above 3. Most of the wickets were free bees from batsmen or umpires. Eranga to Nasir was a terrific delivery but even that one was called into question by the commies/fans. Even Al Amin produced 3-4 chances with disciplined efforts. Disciplined but not extraordinary.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 29, 2014, 02:21 PM
Cricket Sage

The fundemental fielding approach is wrong. Gazi's interview on Daily Star sums it up. "We were looking to dry up the runs" on a wicket as flat as this. Batting collapses will happen time to time, no one is immune least of all us. But there is no concept of Test match bowling in our side with limited overs type mentality of waiting for mistakes due to some imagine "run rate" pressure that the opposition never has. This I think is a top down problem from Jurgenesen to Mushfiq and then trickles down to the bowlers. Of course one can argue that lack of even decent bowlers is a cause for such defeatist strategies. Chicken or egg?

#OneTeam1Dream