facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 31, 2014, 05:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan
Default How to stop chucking as a fast bowler?

Anyone with any kind of tips on how to stop chucking while fast bowling? I got kicked outta my local club without any coach for chucking while bowling. Some of the internet tips i got was to meet a coach who can fix this but i dont think i can find one in NY. any tips from anyone?

Old March 31, 2014, 10:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

start bowling legitmate deliveries .....
Old April 1, 2014, 01:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

go through your run up at a slower pace and make sure you focus on that elbow and keeping it straight, it's tough to give much useful feedback without being able to see you bowl but obviously if you're chucking then it means your elbow is flexing and the only way to fix it is by zeroing in and focusing on that elbow and making sure it doesn't move. so as i said earlier my first suggestion would be to do some drills but at a much slower pace than normal then when you've done that quite a few times start to move through the motions a bit quicker until you get used to doing it at full pelt.

repetition is the key, the best way to train your body to not chuck is by practising a legal method as much as possible, the more repetitions you do with the correct action the more your body will remember (muscle memory) and the easier it will get.
Old April 1, 2014, 02:44 PM
Test Cricketer

thnx bro. i'll try that
Old April 1, 2014, 04:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Sit down and work out where in your action starts and what happens after that, if you can get someone to watch and tell you where the flexing occurs that would probably help.
Old April 1, 2014, 04:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Sit down and work out where in your action starts and what happens after that, if you can get someone to watch and tell you where the flexing occurs that would probably help.
thing is, its hard to find that someone in nyc. Not a lot of people know about cricket here.
Old April 2, 2014, 04:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh899
thing is, its hard to find that someone in nyc. Not a lot of people know about cricket here.
what about someone at your local club? or a family member? i'm not suggesting that that someone needs to be a qualified coach but it could be very helpful to you if there was someone who could watch you and pin point the moment your elbow flexes. without knowing when that flexion occurs it will be difficult for you to rectify it, unless you want to completely re-model your action which i wouldn't suggest doing.
Old April 2, 2014, 03:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
what about someone at your local club? or a family member? i'm not suggesting that that someone needs to be a qualified coach but it could be very helpful to you if there was someone who could watch you and pin point the moment your elbow flexes. without knowing when that flexion occurs it will be difficult for you to rectify it, unless you want to completely re-model your action which i wouldn't suggest doing.
thnx for the tips again. my local club wants performance as they are a team who competes with others. i checked they just tell me to keep the hand straight. unable to do that. but thnx for your time.
Old April 2, 2014, 04:08 PM
Cricket Guru

hand? as far as i'm aware you're allowed to flex your wrist, just not the elbow...
Old April 2, 2014, 05:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
hand? as far as i'm aware you're allowed to flex your wrist, just not the elbow...
they said in bengali: tomar haat soja rakhte hobe..tumi chucking koro.
Old April 2, 2014, 05:55 PM
Banned

Hit the ball towards the ground.
Watch Lance Klussener bowl.