facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 31, 2014, 06:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

বিসিবির কাছে অনুরোধ, সৌরভকে কোচ নিয়োগ দিন। কারণ : (১) আমাদের ক্রিকেট কন্ডিশন ভারতের মতো। এরকম কন্ডিশনে কীভাবে ক্রিকেটাররা উন্নতি করতে পারেন, সৌরভের তা ভালই জানা আছে। (২) তিনি বাঙালি, ফলে খেলোয়ারদের সঙ্গে তিনি ভালো যোগাযোগ করতে পারবেন। তার নির্দেশ আমাদের ক্রিকেটাররা ভালো বুঝবেন। (৩) কোচ হিসেবে বাংলাদেশই হবে তার প্রথম অ্যাসাইনমেন্ট, ফলে তিনি ভালো করতে চাইবেন তার কোচিং ক্যারিয়ারের জন্য। (৪) বাংলাদেশের সব ক্রিকেটারকেই তিনি ভালো চেনেন, জানেন; ফলে তিনি যথাযথ পরামর্শ দিয়ে ক্রিকেটারদের উন্নতি করতে পারবেন। (৫) তার মতো একজন প্রাক্তন বিশ্বখ্যাত কিকেটার/অধিনায়ক বাংলাদেশের কোচ হলে আমাদের ক্রিকেটারদেরও আত্মবিশ্বাস বেড়ে যাবে, তারা উন্নতি করতে পারবেন। বিসিবির উচিত এখনই সৌরভের সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ করে তাকে কোচ হওয়ার প্রস্তাব দেওয়া। আমরা তাকে কোচ হিসেবে দেখতে চাই। শুধু অস্ট্রেলিয়ান কোচদের উপর নির্ভর করে আমাদের খুব বেশি উন্নতি হয়নি। বিশেষ করে জারগেনসন তেমন কিছু করতে পারছেন বলে এই বিশ্বকাপে বাংলাদেশের খেলা দেখে তা মনে হলো না।

Old March 31, 2014, 08:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Whether or not it will be Ganguly or someone else we don't know. What we do know is: Jurgensen will be fired after tonight if not by the end of the month. However, Ganguly is interested per reports.

Please Read:

http://bdnews24.com/cricket/2014/03/...ing-bangladesh

Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly is open to the idea of coaching Bangladesh

“I will think about it when the issue will come up. No point in thinking about it beforehand,” he said at a function at a local hotel in Dhaka on Monday.
Old March 31, 2014, 08:47 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
yeah Tamim might have to sit out 16 matches in a row
at the moment this can be the best thing for BD!
Old March 31, 2014, 09:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickbang
Whether or not it will be Ganguly or someone else we don't know. What we do know is: Jurgensen will be fired after tonight if not by the end of the month. However, Ganguly is interested per reports.

Please Read:

http://bdnews24.com/cricket/2014/03/...ing-bangladesh

Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly is open to the idea of coaching Bangladesh

“I will think about it when the issue will come up. No point in thinking about it beforehand,” he said at a function at a local hotel in Dhaka on Monday.
how can you tell for sure that jergunsen is getting fired?
Old March 31, 2014, 09:17 PM
Cricket Legend

সমালোচনা সবখানে, সবাইকে নিয়ে। টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপে টানা হারে কাঠগড়ায় গোটা বাংলাদেশ দলই। বাদ নন দলের কোচ শেন জার্গেনসেনও। দলের ওপর তাঁর পূর্ণ কর্তৃত্ব নেই, খোদ বিসিবি থেকেই উঠছে এমন অভিযোগ।

কাল সকালে শেন জার্গেনসেনকে পাওয়া গেল টিম হোটেলের লবিতে। তাঁকে নিয়ে গুঞ্জরিত অভিযোগের প্রসঙ্গটা তুলতেই বললেন, ‘সবারই ব্যক্তিগত মতামত প্রকাশের স্বাধীনতা আছে। তবে কারও সম্পর্কে কিছু বলার আগে জেনে বলা ভালো।’

http://www.prothom-alo.com//sports/a...A7%87%E0%A6%A8

The PA article is more proof he could be gone.

Plus he also says in the article, "people have their rights to their own opinions....but they need to know things in-depth before making any allegations about someone."

Now what does that tell you guys? Who is he talking about (read: BCB and Papon)? Maybe I am jumping the gun on this but this doesn't look like he will coach in BD any longer and it won't end well with the BCB and Shane. There is a huge disconnect both between the players and him and the board as well. To me, it says, he's fired after everything is said and done
Old March 31, 2014, 10:34 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

The raw materials that we have right now... the 15-20 players, it is possible to form a competitive team out of them. We need a coach who played cricket at the highest level, has the eye for finding talent, has the attitude to command respect of players and also someone who is a very good strategist. I still miss Stuart Law.. I thought he was great. Ganguly doesn't have a coaching background but apart from that he fits the bill in all other aspects.
Old March 31, 2014, 10:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Ganguly just commented " BD Cricket is going bakward.Somebody needs to arrest this trend."
Old March 31, 2014, 10:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

Ganguly's fighting attitude and understanding of pitch and condition as well as communication would be a great plus...Still his technique has question mark!! he never played bouncer well in his life, Bangladesh has same problem...But at the end again , we need a very good coach who actually understands us.
Old March 31, 2014, 11:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
at the moment this can be the best thing for BD!
Tamim is useless, I for one support the idea of sitting him out until he gets his act together, his chacha can go resign for all I care.
Old March 31, 2014, 11:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

At least ganguly can speak in bangla and will also be able to understand their problem better than others. Only "definitely" "Hopefully" "I thought" sune to english coach gola mone kore- a to beta amar kotha sob bujhe gese- akhon nake tel dia ghumai.. Asole ato definitely, hopefully er majhe je ki lukay ase ta to amrai jani..
Old April 1, 2014, 12:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
At least ganguly can speak in bangla and will also be able to understand their problem better than others. Only "definitely" "Hopefully" "I thought" sune to english coach gola mone kore- a to beta amar kotha sob bujhe gese- akhon nake tel dia ghumai.. Asole ato definitely, hopefully er majhe je ki lukay ase ta to amrai jani..
You forgot "obviously." :P

I agree with most that Dada likely will be a good coach. He was a great captain, is intelligent, is likable, and is knowledgeable about the game. I don't think language is a big issue in pro sports, but he being Bengali won't hurt. And he should be given greater control.

I don't know if he genuinely is interested, but I hope so.
Old April 1, 2014, 01:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

At least if Ganguly is coach then he can have a rant at the team in Bangla. With Jurgenson as coach i doubt half the team understand him wen he curses everyone in English. I can imagine Razzak smiling and nodding wen Jurguson screams out at him.
Old April 1, 2014, 01:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I dont support the idea of making ganguly the "HEAD COACH". A head coach should be someone who has experience of coaching a domestic side for a while. Ganguly has NONE which means he won't be the wisest choice. Many of you kids need to realize that the head coaches job is not only the whip the player and give them tips. There are a lot of things to consider and only cricket experts will know and as I am no cricket expert I will not discuss this matter.

BUT, he will make a good batting consultant and Vice Coach. If he has success in his role for a while then we can always go on to the option of making him head coach when the earlier head coach calls it a quit or is fired by BCB. Atleast he will be better than SJ who himself has no experience of coaching an international team or even a domestic side beforehand.
Old April 1, 2014, 01:48 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
There are a lot of things to consider and only cricket experts will know and as I am no cricket expert I will not discuss this matter.
Just when i was getting interested to read further
Old April 1, 2014, 01:58 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

A coach without coaching experience is indeed a risk. It doesn't however mean that it wouldn't work. It worked for India with Gary Kirsten and it worked for Australia with Darren Lehman.
If we do get Saurav as a coach it would be very important to bring together a world-class team of bowling and fielding coaches as well as a good physio.
Old April 1, 2014, 01:59 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

i don't think it's a good idea if he has no coaching experience...just as a player needs to play for quite sometime to understand his strengths and weaknesses, the same principle applies to coaching or any other job for that matter...you need experience to understand what works and what doesn't...you can not hand over an international team to a rank amateur despite he being an indian legend...just because you think you can do something doesn't mean you can do it well...
Old April 1, 2014, 02:01 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

We can try ganguly for year... There is no more nothing to lose.... But we can save our boxer before World Cup 2015.... That time yes baby no ones orange juice drama wont work. So i say give ganguly to try with us... Maybe something there where jargusen didnt see or bcb....
Old April 1, 2014, 02:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Even if Ganguly wants to coach BD, he wont come cheap. So BCB might have to dish out more than what they have spent for any coach in our history!
Old April 1, 2014, 02:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
A coach without coaching experience is indeed a risk. It doesn't however mean that it wouldn't work. It worked for India with Gary Kirsten and it worked for Australia with Darren Lehman.
If we do get Saurav as a coach it would be very important to bring together a world-class team of bowling and fielding coaches as well as a good physio.
darren lehmann did have coaching experience before being the aussie coach, he coached an IPL team, then coached a state team, he also coached a BBL team.
Old April 1, 2014, 02:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

How about bringing the dutch coach ? He looked impressive to me.
Old April 1, 2014, 04:08 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
darren lehmann did have coaching experience before being the aussie coach, he coached an IPL team, then coached a state team, he also coached a BBL team.
How long is an IPL coaching stint? as far as i recall he coached a state team for one season.
Don't think his coaching experience stack up against other international team coaches like Whatmore.
Old April 1, 2014, 04:17 AM
First Class Cricketer

A lot is made of the language issue, but I hear Bengali and Bangla sound different to one another? How true or false is this statement?
Old April 1, 2014, 04:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Lehmann's been coaching since 2008. Cant call him a novice at all. 2 IPL stints, coaching Queensland in Sheffield Shield, Big Bash. Before that Australian centre of excellence. He was in contention for both the New Zealand and England job. Has been highly regarded for his ability to motivate and organize the team. Many players have credited him for Australia's turnaround in recent times.

It wont be easy for Bangladesh to convince a coach. Salaries have gone up thanks to IPL etc. Many big name coaches prefer to be involved with only franchise competition. Bangladesh doesnt have a great reputation with regards to supporting a coach-many former ones fell out with the board.

Even Sri Lanka struggled to find a coach of their liking, and Paul Farbrace would never be a candidate in an ideal scenario.
Old April 1, 2014, 05:31 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
A lot is made of the language issue, but I hear Bengali and Bangla sound different to one another? How true or false is this statement?
same language
Old April 1, 2014, 08:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Unless we try him we would not know.
We have been through many coaches and right now we hit rock bottom.
Give anyone a coaching stint and see how it goes.

For any coach, it's not easy to deal with our hard headed players.