facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 27, 2014, 12:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default How can you fix Bangladesh?

You are the top gun with all the power. What would be your first 5 things you would implement?
+++
You are INDEPENDENT. Think of the challenges you have. Think of the resources you have. Think of the BD politics and AMLA-tontro.
+++
Be Civil. Try not to criticize others projects. May be enhance on the ideas (others).
+++
I have some. Will wait till some of you put your dui poisha.

Old April 27, 2014, 12:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Population, Extra judicial killings, Natural calamities, Technological advancements, Export-Import, Infra structure, budgeting - finally controlling your ministers and their shaggo pangos.
Old April 27, 2014, 11:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Fundamental questions remain unanswered and will be so as it will facilitate all of the above for the party regardless of the name being in power.
Old April 28, 2014, 10:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I hope you are doing ok T_E bhai, heard about the tornado hitting little rock yesterday...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 28, 2014, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Old April 28, 2014, 10:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
I hope you are doing ok T_E bhai, heard about the tornado hitting little rock yesterday...
Yes, Sir!! Al hamdulillah we are fine. It was 50 miles up north of us.

15 deaths already in Pulaski (5) and Faulker (10) county alone. Lots of still missing / still haven't been accounted for. According to storm trackers who were at Bama says it was definitely EF5. Subdivisions no longer there. Uprooted totally. Mayflower and Vilonia. If you remember, couple of years back Vilonia was flatened. Well the spirit of resilience kicked in and they slowly rebuilt the entire community. $12 Million school was suppose to be reopen this fall. That school is no longer there (again). Gone totally.

Unimaginable destruction:

About two miles wide and the Tornado stayed 2 hours on the ground. 2 hours?????? Tornadoes usually stays less than 15 minutes on the ground. Unless you see it with your own eyes you would not believe it.

Water, Food, Diapers, etc. are immidiate needs.

Old April 28, 2014, 12:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Fe Amanillah, great to hear you and your family are ok.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old May 5, 2014, 02:56 PM
Cricket Savant

So basically no one has any plan or cares much?
Old May 5, 2014, 04:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Care korle ghum hoy jabo.
Old May 6, 2014, 05:03 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Tigers_Eye bhai, I can assure you that many people do care but an open question like "How can you fix Bangladesh" will leave most of us perplexed. :-)

IMHO, a better question can be "How can you fix BCB" or "How can you fix the BD players fitness ability"?

Anyway, since you asked (and I'm guessing you're serious about it), I'm going to give it a shot and give my 'dui poisha'. There are many talented people in BC who care and have brilliant minds. Hopefully, they'll add more to this.

Please note, the term 'fixing' is relative (do you have any acceptable threshold values to measure things are 'fixed')?

1. Short term actions (1- 2 year):
a. Making sure right people (if not then find the right people) are doing the right jobs in the top positions of the education, health, home and finance ministry.
b. Ensuring that each and every kids who are living in the streets or orphans get foods, cloths, education and health care each day everyday from now on.
b. Hiring Dr. Z and Sohel bhai as my key advisers. :-)
c. Getting Richard McInnes as our cricket head coach.

2. Semi long term actions (3-10 years)
a. 'Fixing' education and health sectors to improve human development.
b. Looking after the good and punishing the bad (easier said than done but when in power it's an absolute responsibility of the leader to ensure this).
c. Population control

Last edited by Alchemist; May 6, 2014 at 05:42 AM..
Old May 6, 2014, 05:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

everyone has their own talent. not everyone can do everything and not everyone should do everything, do what you can within your capacity and ability. I wish Bangladesh had a superior Waste Management System(like the one in United States) We could really really use it.

Focus on One task and get the entire country together(at the political level, local government level etc) to get that task done and then repeat process for other tasks.

Start off with something easy.
Old May 9, 2014, 04:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Thanks Alchemist and Rifat for your answers.
We have lots of problems. With the limited resources we have, can not solve all of them. Can not even address all of them. So I think to have an open discussion we need to find out what are our problems/issues that needs to be addressed the most.
These are mine you can list yours as well.

1) Noitikota'r poton.
2) Mittha charita.
3) opor'kay dhoka diye nije uporey utha.

These are the basic problems I see that must be addressed before we as a nation can become better or try to solve any other problems. It has to start with at top and trickle down to the bottom. I think we need to fix our moral characters, create the standards first. Only then, all other problem solving methods become easier.

How to achieve that? We can't change a person nor is that our task. We can only warn and implement the current laws on Fraudulant acts. The Fear of the hereafter and the rewards should be self motivating.

So my #1 task would be gather all the Imams (leaders), young and old, from the cities and rural areas and make sure they are the flag bearers of the truth. Lay down the law. If they are caught for a violation, severe punishment awaites for them.
Old May 9, 2014, 07:16 PM
Banned

Have a law like China. No more than max 2 kids per family
Old May 9, 2014, 07:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Conscience - a practice never been a part of BD culture.
Old May 10, 2014, 12:06 AM
Cricket Savant

New report says by 2050 we will be 320 Million? bottirish koti? I cannot imagine.
Old May 10, 2014, 05:34 AM
MLC World Series I

Having spent my first full year in Bangladesh, these are the stuff that comes to my mind:

1. De-centralize. At the current rate, Dhaka is going to collapse within decades. Need some of the industries to be moved to other divisions. Shifting to different districts is only a short term goal (maybe 5-10 years in my book but for the govt and the industries it maybe long term). For instance, some of the garments and the IT sector are slowly moving to Gazipur but that will not lessen the burden as Dhaka is too close by and is the capital city. Shifting to other divisions will allow for more employment, opportunities and development in those areas while relieve Dhaka of its stress.

2. Transport and network infrastructure needs a complete overhaul. We have households that own two cars when one could suffice and we have households that rely on the aging buses and rickshaws.. This gives rise to the problem of traffic congestion and the current road network inability to handle the issue. What Dhaka badly needs is metro and according to the current project plan it will be implemented by 2020(?) and is to cover Uttara-Mirpur-Mothijheel. Sad to say but IMO, by 2020 that will not be enough. Need to cover more of Dhaka.

3. Save the rivers and other water bodies. It's really sad to see people not value such natural resources when we have been gifted by Mother Earth. We will only realize their importance once They become extinct and have become barren lands due to pollution and encroachment.

4. Need to put an end to the inflation. It's crazy how ridiculously expensive the rent and some of the basic commodities are especially considering the poverty line in Bangladesh.

5. Pollution needs to be heavily regulated and checked. Not a day goes by where I am not covered in dust and soot! The industries, the vehicles, the construction etc arrghhh!
Old May 10, 2014, 09:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

i cant even fix my own life, a country... haha...

and sohel would make one of the worse advisor alchemist... that guy is gonna sink you and your country...

u lost my vote alchemist.... u have no vision.
Old May 11, 2014, 01:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
New report says by 2050 we will be 320 Million? bottirish koti? I cannot imagine.
Highly doubt it. Population will stabilise much before it gets that high. At the current growth rate (worst-case scenario), Bangladesh would have around 250 million people by 2050. Key assumption being that the growth rate remains constant however in actual fact population growth is slowing and the growth rate has almost halved since 1991. And it should continue to fall provided the economy keeps growing and incomes keep rising. Here's an awesome article for all the people worried about the earth's resources running out in the near future:
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...612287156.html
Old May 12, 2014, 05:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
i cant even fix my own life, a country... haha...

and sohel would make one of the worse advisor alchemist... that guy is gonna sink you and your country...

u lost my vote alchemist.... u have no vision.
Ha ha ha...only if I wanted to join politics, I'd have definitely offered you the finance ministry and negotiated your vote (along with all the bua votes) in return
Then to keep you in check, I had to give law ministry to Navo.

On a serious note (although it's very hard to get serious on this topic. Even Superman will have hard time 'fixing' our country), this topic reminds me the biblical story of the angels sent to Sodom (during the time of prophet Lot) to fix 'Sodom' or the story of another two angels 'Harut and Marut' (Al Quran 2:102) who're sent to fix ancient Babylon. I think there's also a story of Krishna and Arjun (after the war of kurukshetra) went to 'fix' a kingdom where most citizens became corrupted but failed. Sometimes even superpower cant's turn things around if majority of the masses (mango public/ aam janata) are not ready to accept changes.

Maysun has some very important points. However, these are more like symptoms than actual root causes underneath. Unless a great number of educated Bangladeshi's start an education/human development revolution to improve awareness in society (in system analysis and design, we use the term 'next level in the maturity model') and to restore balance between good and evil, we're kind of stuck. History tells us that this is not an easy task.

If we really want to learn from relatively recent history, we can take lessons from the writings of Benjamin Franklin or Theodore Roosevelt on how to build a strong nation with citizens practicing moral values (not the current 'loot tontro' we have now). Cosmetic fixes will not last long.

Last edited by Alchemist; May 12, 2014 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old May 12, 2014, 10:43 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Highly doubt it. Population will stabilise much before it gets that high. At the current growth rate (worst-case scenario), Bangladesh would have around 250 million people by 2050.
Adomsumari says we are 170 Million but i am sure its 250 Million by now..forget 2050
Old May 12, 2014, 01:12 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

^tbh,i think its around 170 i think.. Jei hare manush mara jacche last koyek year dhore,its possible..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old May 12, 2014, 04:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
^tbh,i think its around 170 i think.. Jei hare manush mara jacche last koyek year dhore,its possible..

Ahnaf'rey kau ek jon latthi dao. He has earned it. Serious thread'a dushtami.
Old May 12, 2014, 09:06 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:

Ahnaf'rey kau ek jon latthi dao. He has earned it. Serious thread'a dushtami.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)