facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 6, 2014, 01:23 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Messi

yeah I know that feel...when I miss a workout because of my HSC finals..I feel doomed...! haha..

and "they say how ungifted they are. but I say I am not gifted much either(genetics)..but I have a gift without which other gifts don't do no work..DEDICATION"
- Me

but one thing which you might already know..people do cardio like crazy but most don't lose any fat..because the principle is forgotten..which is -
* caloric deficit (daily expenditure of calories > daily intake)
* caloric surplus (daily expenditure
really u can lose fat without cardio..but cardio is to increase the expenditure. .and also for heart health..
but if you dont want to lose mass(muscle) with fat(which is obvious).. to reduce muscle loss and maximize fat loss strength training is crucial..and this is called cutting..protein intake should also be high...this is the reason most people lose weight and still look skinny fat..after these THEN comes carbs protein ratio...

and most people think they can lose fat n gain muscle at the same time. .this is not possible unless for a total beginner (that too to a little bit)

how much are u lifting anyway bro????????

Old May 7, 2014, 09:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Not really worried too much about how much. Just do what you feel is good for you. I don't have any specific numbers for you. Bench, Deadlift, Squat ? Curls? which one? But, always be mindful, that going heavier than your body can handle could be counter productive. Go slow, go steady, and you will get stronger. There is no short cut. ...
Old May 8, 2014, 07:44 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Messi

yeah thats right..bt progressive overload is the necssary too..isn't it?
Old May 9, 2014, 03:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Brother Dawood,

Last night, I remembered something. Back in those days, when I used to workout in Dhaka, I stumbled upon a newspaper article somewhere, a b&w picture of a Japanese athlete (an olympian, now I do not remember in what sport, it was related to the 84 Los Angeles Olympic, I remember that) running up the stairs of an old Buddhist shrine in the morning, and the photograph showed the stair being of like literally thousand steps up a short mountain, I mean the athlete was running/climbing up the stairs, and it was a long way up, man. I had the picture taped up on my book shelves for a long time, I remember. I think the article was talking about stamina, focus and strength as well. I think this type of training is along the line of what Alchemist bro was saying - it has a special force training kind of feel to it.

I thought of you, that you can do that in Chittagong, I can almost see you do that, running up the steps of a building that is located up a mountain in Ctg. A couple of my aunts used to live in Ctg throughout the 70s and 80s and when I went to visit them with my parents I remember seeing beautiful red colored wood or brick buildings on top of these picturesque short hills throughout the city. And they had tiered stairs from the street level that lead you to the structure up above.
Old May 9, 2014, 03:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Brother Dawood,

....running up the stairs of an old Buddhist shrine in the morning, and the photograph showed the stair being of like literally thousand steps up a short mountain, I mean the athlete was running/climbing up the stairs, and it was a long way up, man. I had the picture taped up on my book shelves for a long time, I remember. I think the article was talking about stamina, focus and strength as well. ...
Ei jey bhujhen beshi miya, jibonay murgi dhorsen? (Click the link)
Old May 12, 2014, 05:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Functional fitness is the key. Martial Arts like Taekwondo really improves functional fitness.

Btw, is there any proper crossFit gyms in Chittagong? Without proper coaching, crossFit training can bring injuries very easily.
Old May 12, 2014, 05:42 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Brother Dawood,

Last night, I remembered something. Back in those days, when I used to workout in Dhaka, I stumbled upon a newspaper article somewhere, a b&w picture of a Japanese athlete (an olympian, now I do not remember in what sport, it was related to the 84 Los Angeles Olympic, I remember that) running up the stairs of an old Buddhist shrine in the morning, and the photograph showed the stair being of like literally thousand steps up a short mountain, I mean the athlete was running/climbing up the stairs, and it was a long way up, man. I had the picture taped up on my book shelves for a long time, I remember. I think the article was talking about stamina, focus and strength as well. I think this type of training is along the line of what Alchemist bro was saying - it has a special force training kind of feel to it.

I thought of you, that you can do that in Chittagong, I can almost see you do that, running up the steps of a building that is located up a mountain in Ctg. A couple of my aunts used to live in Ctg throughout the 70s and 80s and when I went to visit them with my parents I remember seeing beautiful red colored wood or brick buildings on top of these picturesque short hills throughout the city. And they had tiered stairs from the street level that lead you to the structure up above.
Thanks Javed bhai for sharing this.

In my opinion, basic endurance training can be helpful for majority of the people (specially rice eating people who needs to reduce their bhuree). A lot of good information are now available for free on special forces training (even the BD forces training if you search properly) and they mainly train functional fitness. But key thing to remember is, basic training is required before advanced training. Developing an elite athlete (or warrior) takes time.