facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 1, 2014, 09:17 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
BDFlag Match Thread: 2nd Test - Bangladesh vs. Zimbabwe at Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium, Khulna; November 3-7

Back to winning!

Time: Nov 3-7, 2014 (09:30 local | 03:30 GMT | 22:30 EST | 21:30 CST | 19:30 PST)

Venue: SANS, Khulna

Preview:

And Cricket is back in Khulna!

This will be the first international match in the city of Khulna since the second ODI against West Indies in 2012. Bangladesh lost the sole test match against West Indies but came back strong to win back to back ODIs in the same ground. Bangladesh will look to seal the series against the side that is still searching for answers against the on song spin attack. The conditions in Khulna should assist the spinners as usual but it might not be as easy as Dhaka which saw turn and bounce from day 1. Selectors suggested that Khulna will have a more batting friendly wicket for the first few days to facilitate the struggling batsmen. Once again, the local batsmen are failing to meet the "patience" requirement for the "test". Almost every batsmen will need to improve on their performance from the first test as Khulna promises a high scoring affair. For Zimbabwe, its a matter of doing the homework well and play better against the spinners. The Confidence will be at a low and will need some special effort to revive. Their Spinners will also have to perform much better than the first test where they were non-threatening even in favorable condition. The surface will be tougher for the seamers so expect more overs from the spinners.

In terms of the final 11, Bangladesh will be out of their best seamer Al Amin Hossain. His replacement is still a mystery as it is yet to be determined if the selectors will go with a seamer as a substitute or another spinner. Given the usage of seamers in the last match, one could hope for an extra spinner. However, it is always risky business and somewhat demoralizing to walk into a test match with a lone spinner unless its one of Steyn, Morkel, Anderson or Johnson. Anamul might walk back in the squad without any real effort after a poor display in the picnic tournament in Kolkata. However, with Khulna being his home ground, expect a lot of support for the prospective keeper/batsman. The opening pair will also need to put on some sort of partnership in this match or one of them will have to make way for someone else. Right now it looks like Shamsur might be playing his decider since Tamim is still considered a core. Watch out for the skipper Mushfiqur Rahim who will look to continue his run streak. He might bat higher to ensure he gets enough time to score to his full potential. The surface will help the onsong skipper to score plenty

Squads:

Bangladesh

Mushfiqur Rahim (capt), Tamim Iqbal (vice-capt), Shakib Al Hasan, Shamsur Rahman, Mominul Haque, Rubel Hossain, Shuvagata Hom, Mahmudullah, Shafiul Islam, Jubair Hossain, Shahadat Hossain, Marshall Ayub, Taijul Islam, Anamul Haque

Zimbabwe

Brendan Taylor, Regis Chakabva, Brian Chari, Tendai Chatara, Elton Chigumbura, Craig Ervine, Tafadzwa Kamungozi, Hamilton Masakadza, Shingi Masakadza, Wellington Masakadza, Natsai M'shangwe, Richmond Mutumbami, John Nyumbu, Tinashe Panyangara, Vusi Sibanda, Sikandar Raza, Malcolm Waller

Live Scores: http://www.espncricinfo.com/
Live Streaming: http://www.bdlivezone.com/Live-TV-Ch...ngla-live.html

Last edited by Rinathq; November 2, 2014 at 10:35 PM..

Old November 1, 2014, 09:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Whatmore warns against Bangladesh complacency
Quote:
"The things we talk about as a coach - you have to expect them to come hard, you can't be complacent, you do not give your wickets away...

"The pitch will be abrasive, it will grip, but it won't be as quick or have as much bounce as Dhaka. But if you play rash shots, if you don't make the right decision, you can't win a Test in a session, but you can go a long way in losing it. For a relatively inexperienced team, they got to be given targets. You have got to bat four sessions, minimum and you have got to last at least one session without losing a wicket."
Old November 1, 2014, 03:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Bangladesh is set for win inshallah....enough going down and down recent past....but after 1st test with zimbabwe i belive bd will bounce back well to the world ......they found their lost soul....they found some low order finisher....they found a coach who doesn't damm about name of sakib or tamim...its justtifying by performance day after day.....so i belive, all our players is hungry for perform....and all knows their duty to surve country .....go bangla.
Old November 1, 2014, 09:49 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Lets go tigers! Spook them out!

Attached Images
File Type: png BCTiger.png (643.2 KB, 903 views)
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old November 1, 2014, 09:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Lol, Nasif bhai!

Bismilllah...time to wrap up the series and maybe throw a couple youngsters in for the final test.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 2, 2014, 01:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: ZimSlog

I'm really hoping for a better showing from Zimbabwe this time around. Still don't us winning though...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old November 2, 2014, 01:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimSlog
I'm really hoping for a better showing from Zimbabwe this time around. Still don't us winning though...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Welcome back, where have you been? There are 2 more zim fans here I do believe.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 2, 2014, 03:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I think we should bat first after winning the toss and look to bat for 4 sessions MINIMUM.

We have not batted well in the last 3 tests we have played. Time for a change.
Old November 2, 2014, 11:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sean Williams

Hopefully the Zimbabwe batsman can prove that they can bat a whole day against spin but i cant see it to be honest.

The key for us is a steady opening partnership and to make sure that we have not lost any wickets by the time Shakib and co come into the attack.
Old November 2, 2014, 12:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif

Loved it banglacricket. com
Old November 2, 2014, 01:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

lol, amra fans ra pario, Zim er shathey taina tuina ekta jitchey ar shathey shathey bagh mama'r pic hajir, abar kalkei dekha jabe shobai "cat cat" boltesey.
Old November 2, 2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif

Cool work Nasif bhai!
Old November 2, 2014, 02:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

According to newage, Hom will be retained and Rubel will take the place of Al-Amin
Old November 2, 2014, 02:14 PM
Cricket Guru

I'm excited for today's match. I feel that we'll perform better in Khulna with the pitch conditions favoring us more. Our batsmen will likely have an easier time with the bounce not being as much. No reason why our batsmen can't perform on the pitch. Also I believe their batsmen will continue to struggle against Taijul, Shakib and Jubair.

That said, we obviously have to be at the top of our game. Like I've said before, I really respect this Zimbabwe side. Once the likes of Sibanda, Masakadza, Taylor, Ervine and Raza get their eye in, they can produce quality innings. Then of course their pacers Panyangara, Chigumbura and Chatara are all quality as well and are not easy to score off of. So we definitely do have our work cut out against us and in the end, we'll need to play very well if we want to win again.

Best of luck to both sides and may the best team win!
Old November 2, 2014, 02:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Kita khobor bhaisab hokhol...Bhala asoin ni afnara? Asha khori amra e Test o innings a jitmu naile armu. Afnara kita mone koroin?
Old November 2, 2014, 02:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
lol, amra fans ra pario, Zim er shathey taina tuina ekta jitchey ar shathey shathey bagh mama'r pic hajir, abar kalkei dekha jabe shobai "cat cat" boltesey.
Shetai kintu Simon da.

Amra hoilam haru-party (reminds me of a certain member here). amader ashole etoshob gorjito bagh taag banaina. ontoto aro kichu bochor bagh mamar spirit niye pussycat er porichoye e thaka bhalo. Tahole bhobishshote kosto ebong lojja ektu kom hobe.
Old November 2, 2014, 02:38 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

hope the weather isnt depressing like the first test
Old November 2, 2014, 02:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I'm excited for today's match. I feel that we'll perform better in Khulna with the pitch conditions favoring us more. Our batsmen will likely have an easier time with the bounce not being as much. No reason why our batsmen can't perform on the pitch. Also I believe their batsmen will continue to struggle against Taijul, Shakib and Jubair.

That said, we obviously have to be at the top of our game. Like I've said before, I really respect this Zimbabwe side. Once the likes of Sibanda, Masakadza, Taylor, Ervine and Raza get their eye in, they can produce quality innings. Then of course their pacers Panyangara, Chigumbura and Chatara are all quality as well and are not easy to score off of. So we definitely do have our work cut out against us and in the end, we'll need to play very well if we want to win again.

Best of luck to both sides and may the best team win!
I only rate Taylor with the bat and Chatara (who is even better than Jarvis) with the ball. Also rate Williams but he's been suspended...has potential to a poor man's Shakib for Zimbabwe although he's already 28-29 so probably won't ever be quite as good as Shakib, but never to late to improve your bowling. Sibanda was a talent, but at 31, his time to turn it around is gone. He's their Aftab Ahmed. Ervine also is decent as are most of the white players who crack their system. Masakadza is a minnow basher, and I swear Chigumbura is South African with how he chokes in the clutch. Raza wouldn't have even made it to a Quad e Azam tryouts let alone PAK national team. Panyangara is an obese trundler. Nyumbu its still to early to tell but he looked less threatening than a grandma on a square turner.

ZIM have some talent coming through, and hopefully they will stick around and replace most of the guys in the current side. Nick Welch and Ryan Burl will hopefully make the team in the next couple of years and will definitely be an upgrade on the likes of Masakadza, Chigumbura, and Waller.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 2, 2014, 02:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

lol, the more I'm hearing about 2nd Test XI the more I'm getting depressed.
Anamul in but not as a keeper ? Kaedge brought back? Hom retained ? Rubel in place of AA?
this is killing me, and what is the point of having the village idiot Rubel ? better pick up an extra batsman in place.
God help us, pathetic players and even worse replacements.
Old November 2, 2014, 03:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I only rate Taylor with the bat and Chatara (who is even better than Jarvis) with the ball. Also rate Williams but he's been suspended...has potential to a poor man's Shakib for Zimbabwe although he's already 28-29 so probably won't ever be quite as good as Shakib, but never to late to improve your bowling. Sibanda was a talent, but at 31, his time to turn it around is gone. He's their Aftab Ahmed. Ervine also is decent as are most of the white players who crack their system. Masakadza is a minnow basher, and I swear Chigumbura is South African with how he chokes in the clutch. Raza wouldn't have even made it to a Quad e Azam tryouts let alone PAK national team. Panyangara is an obese trundler. Nyumbu its still to early to tell but he looked less threatening than a grandma on a square turner.

ZIM have some talent coming through, and hopefully they will stick around and replace most of the guys in the current side. Nick Welch and Ryan Burl will hopefully make the team in the next couple of years and will definitely be an upgrade on the likes of Masakadza, Chigumbura, and Waller.
I agree that barring Taylor, the rest of their batsmen are inconsistent but they all do have talent but like us, their batsmen have underachieved. It still doesn't take away the fact that they are still dangerous once they get going which is why our spinners have to continue the good work.
Old November 2, 2014, 03:18 PM
Cricket Guru

All I expect from Shahadat and Rubel is to take 4 wickets in the Test. Anything above that would be a bonus. Hopefully our spinners can take the rest of the wickets.
Old November 2, 2014, 03:43 PM
Cricket Guru

We need to fix Taylor's test avg against us this series
Old November 2, 2014, 05:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
All I expect from Shahadat and Rubel is to take 4 wickets in the Test. Anything above that would be a bonus. Hopefully our spinners can take the rest of the wickets.
Expect nothing from rubel, if he's selected into the XI then it's got to be one of the worst test selections in history. Better off taking an extra batsman or spinner if rubel is the only pacer they'll select.
Old November 2, 2014, 05:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Expect nothing from rubel, if he's selected into the XI then it's got to be one of the worst test selections in history. Better off taking an extra batsman or spinner if rubel is the only pacer they'll select.
They'll likely take Shahadat and Rubel. If they can't even take 4 wickets in the whole match then don't know what to say.
Old November 2, 2014, 05:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
They'll likely take Shahadat and Rubel. If they can't even take 4 wickets in the whole match then don't know what to say.
BD pacers only took 2 wickets last match, both shahadat so wouldn't hold my breath unless shahadat does something. It's baffling to see rubel keep getting selected.