facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 13, 2014, 04:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Why We Need Nasir Back

Hi All,

A writeup on Nasir Hossain, why we need him, and what we need from him. Do give your thoughts, opinion.

Our selectors perhaps should have given him a go in the Zimbabwe series, but not sure what they have in mind.

https://guerrillacricket.wordpress.c...need-from-him/

Old December 13, 2014, 05:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

BCB should have accepted playing three match series in Zimbabwe in January'15 which could have been used to get Nasir back in form as well as sort out batting position of no.3 and no.7. A lot of fans complain that BD doesn't get enough international matches to play and our board tend to deny any scope of competitive match practice for us prior to an important tournament.

On this topic I'm yet to be convinced that Nasir is back in form. I guess we need to see through the entire DPL to figure it out!
Old December 13, 2014, 05:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Nasir in form is a must. Push Mushy to #4 and Riyad to #3 and slot nasir into #6.
Old December 13, 2014, 06:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

An excellent write up, Jeesh.

Nasir is one of the very few Bangladeshi cricketers blessed with an excellent temperament. I slightly disagree with you about power and timing. Why bother about power when one is graced with timing. Not many times the ball as well as Nasir on song. He also bats well within his limitations. Said that, Nasir packs a punch even with his lean and thin physique -similar to Shafiul Islam.

I think just before Nasir's slump began his off field antics were getting too loud for my likings and he might have been distracted with much non-cricketing activities. This is where young cricketers need mentors and role models. Perhaps, the success got to Nasir's head a little. I was quite surprised when I read somewhere about his denial of lack of form when he clearly couldn't be more out of form. Perhaps, this was a reflection of his then mindset.

I wonder if the BCB think-tank sees the importance of a Nasir as you or I do! Do they realize exactly how important is a cricketer like Nasir for our team? What have they done or what are they doing to get him back in form? Why was he not given a chance in the last one or two ODIs? Was giving him a clean break part of his rehab?

Most importantly, what Nasir is doing himself?
Old December 13, 2014, 06:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Nasir in form is a must. Push Mushy to #4 and Riyad to #3 and slot nasir into #6.

If Nasir gets his form back and selected I would play him #7. Let him play there a few matches and get his confidence back. That's his slot anyway. I will have Sabbir at #6. I think he is a better bat and in form.
Old December 13, 2014, 06:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
If Nasir gets his form back and selected I would play him #7. Let him play there a few matches and get his confidence back. That's his slot anyway. I will have Sabbir at #6. I think he is a better bat and in form.
Nasir has played most at 6, more than double the amount of innings than in any other slot.
Old December 13, 2014, 06:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
An excellent write up, Jeesh.

Nasir is one of the very few Bangladeshi cricketers blessed with an excellent temperament. I slightly disagree with you about power and timing. Why bother about power when one is graced with timing. Not many times the ball as well as Nasir on song. He also bats well within his limitations. Said that, Nasir packs a punch even with his lean and thin physique -similar to Shafiul Islam.

I think just before Nasir's slump began his off field antics were getting too loud for my likings and he might have been distracted with much non-cricketing activities. This is where young cricketers need mentors and role models. Perhaps, the success got to Nasir's head a little. I was quite surprised when I read somewhere about his denial of lack of form when he clearly couldn't be more out of form. Perhaps, this was a reflection of his then mindset.

I wonder if the BCB think-tank sees the importance of a Nasir as you or I do! Do they realize exactly how important is a cricketer like Nasir for our team? What have they done or what are they doing to get him back in form? Why was he not given a chance in the last one or two ODIs? Was giving him a clean break part of his rehab?

Most importantly, what Nasir is doing himself?
Thank you. I ve followed him on FB for a while. Based on what i can see non cricketing activities could indeed be a distraction.

No harm in a cricketer getting involved in commercial activities. Sanga, Mahela, Mathews, Malinga are all over billboards in SL and promote everything from supermarkets to consumer products to construction material. But while they do such things, i think focus on cricket is always more important for them. And i doubt they are allowed to go for a shoot during or just before a series. I guess this is where BCB could be blamed for not having or enforcing proper policies to guide a salaried player.
Old December 13, 2014, 06:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Gosh! You expect intelligence and professionalism from BCB!

You're a Lankan?

BTW, is Sanga playing his last ODI today?
Old December 13, 2014, 06:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:

You're a Lankan?

He's playng the WC no?
Old December 13, 2014, 09:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

yes we need nasir back, he is in the same category like tamim shakib mushfiq. he is our finisher. his nerve is as strong as steel
Old December 13, 2014, 09:50 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I agree we need him back. But I think rushing him back for the WC might not be the greatest idea. He will be under tremendous pressure and he difficulty of this tournament wont help his cause. He should have been in for the ODIs but hey cant really call the selectors off for not doing so. He was still performing on par in DPL and nothing amazing.

Lets not turn him into another Ash and get him back everytime simply due to the "hint" of talent and not follow the proper recovery process.
Old December 13, 2014, 11:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Great article Jeesh. It honestly saddened me how Nasir has fallen. Who would've thought Nasir would possibly miss out in the WC squad in even 2013? It's hard to know what exactly happened but I really hope he can regain his form and become the same Nasir again.

He's definitely on the right track back in to the national team. I wouldn't have him locked in just yet as he still needs to have a few more big scores to let the selectors know he's back.
Old December 14, 2014, 02:04 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

In his home town Kandy, it was his last ODI. He is going to retire after WC. Sanga always keeps me changa.
Quote:

You're a Lankan?

Old December 14, 2014, 05:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Dhonnobad CricketPagolChele.

Btw, are you getting ready for our practice match against Pakistan just over a month or so?
Old December 14, 2014, 05:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
I agree we need him back. But I think rushing him back for the WC might not be the greatest idea. He will be under tremendous pressure and he difficulty of this tournament wont help his cause. He should have been in for the ODIs but hey cant really call the selectors off for not doing so. He was still performing on par in DPL and nothing amazing.

Lets not turn him into another Ash and get him back everytime simply due to the "hint" of talent and not follow the proper recovery process.
Don't worry, bro. Riyad's place isn't in danger this time around.
Old December 14, 2014, 05:53 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Whether he should be in XI or not that's another thing. But going to the WC with only one inexperienced finisher would be terrible mistake.
Old December 14, 2014, 10:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

nice article Jeesh bro,
I think it's a matter of scoring or getting some runs under his belt will bring the consistent Nasir back insha allah, with him in form our batting will be stronger and balanced.
Old December 14, 2014, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

There is a chance, Nasir will be in WC squad but making the 11 will be a tough call for him unless we play with 8 batsman.
Old December 17, 2014, 12:18 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

My vote to Nasir .....he will be back for world cup of 2015. There is no way player like Nasir, won't be count for a Game war. Also he is playing well at dpl...with bowling and batting. He made 70 odd against Kolkata whatever team and zim in practice match. So I say, he should get a fair call here....unless papon has different idea.
Old December 17, 2014, 02:00 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Don't worry, bro. Riyad's place isn't in danger this time around.
i never thought Riyad and Nasir were fighting for the same position. I always thought there were slots available for both of them with Mushy and Shakib establishing themselves as top order batsmen. infact even with Nasir, Riyad, Mushy, Shak and 2 openers... we have a slot for another batsman/allrounder which could b someone like Mominul or Naeem for no.3 or someone like Shabbir for no.7
Old December 17, 2014, 02:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Still there are a couple spots for grab. Mominul still not established, and Shabbirs position will always be a question mark. Right now i guess Nasir must compete for a place with Shabbir/Mominul.

Riyads going to be there for a while, at least as long as the Hathurusingha is around.
Old December 18, 2014, 11:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Nasir averages 50 in away games. Inform Nasir, game over.

/Thread.
Old December 18, 2014, 02:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Nasir averages 50 in away games. Inform Nasir, game over.

/Thread.
Everybody wants inform player but hope he justifies, performs and earns his position. If he thinks he is superman and satisfy with whatever form he gained in league matches good luck with him when he faces top opponent in Aussie condition.
Old December 23, 2014, 11:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

The jury is still out, I hope he is getting some chances in the DPL super league. In that case, he has hit a couple of fifties in the past 10 matches but His super league performance should indicate his spot in the final XV in the world cup.

Yes, everybody wants to see an inform Nasir, Nasir should prove it. Bangladesh cricket tou aar mama barir abdar naa(Earn your place boy)
Old December 24, 2014, 12:23 PM
Banned

jeesh = Zeeshan = Zeeshan Mirza ?