facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 24, 2016, 02:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Default Bangladesh vs India Asia Cup Post Match Rant.

Last night/today(depending on where you are) was the most toothless and pathetic display of cricket in any format of the game from The Tigers. I can't remember the last time we were this poor, and it is so embarrassing that I almost feel giving coach Hathurisinga and team management a vote of NO confidence. Their approval ratings should be at an all time low after that travesty of a game.

There are things we should talk about, things we know to be true which are holding us back.

Mash is the elephant in the room. He continues to bowl his full quota which hurts the team. And in this very short format, are we that desperate for his captaincy that we need to give him a spot. He is the weak link in pace, and if he has not groomed someone by now to replace him, maybe he was not all that a good leader to begin with. I respect the hell out of Mash, to me he is one of the top 100 Bengalis of all time. But at this point of time, we have numerous better pace options. And I think Mash can be a great mentor to them, but from a management perspective, not by being in the middle of the pitch by taking up a valuable spot in the team. The occaisional breakthroughs he still provides can be replicated by his pace replacement, you cannot use that as an argument to justify his selection. You need to look at the bigger picture.
And if he MUST stay in the team, can he at least now bowl his full quota, the opposition targets him like a wolf does a sheep, and this is abundantly clear for all to see.

Mash aside, why is the selection so poor in general? Mithun? Shuvogota Hom? When I hear these names, I say to myself, "ok, there must be some sort of reason why the selectors have picked them DESPITE there being newer talent or more experienced names, whichever way you look at it. And yet, the incompetent selectors just go halfway and choose fringe names who are not new either, so it makes no sense. It is so frustrating, and it makes me wonder with the unbelievable levels of corruption in Bangladesh, are one or two spots reserved in the national squad for "Pay to Play" scenarios. Where the selectors take bribe under the table, and throw obscure irrelevant names into the hat with a wink wink?

Corruption aside, what is with all this experimentation crap? Is Mash on course to become a scientist with so much experimentation, finishing his Zimbabwe project in this Asia Cup? We all unanimously agree in this forum, that new blood when being brought into the team needs to be given a run. Just as we did with Litton, we were extremely fair to him. So now, why has this been reversed, and why wasn't Nurul Hasan and AH Rony included in the team? Nurul Hassan is the best keeper in the country, and it makes up the fielding department as well. And for those of you who continue to treat fielding as the third wheel to bating and bowling, I have no words for you. Just bewilderment. Fielding is what separates winning sides from losing sides, and it was proven yet today,a perfect display of fielding can build momentum and bundle out the opposition for less than 120. Plus, we had not see what Nurul was capable of what with the bat, from the little we did see, he was quite good! Same sentiments with Rony, but from the bowling perspective. He showed promise to be a mainstay, and yet the selection team yanks him. Gross!

Nas should absolutely be in the team, he provides a lot of balance now, along with Shakib. His bowling had become very good, good enough to bowl with Shakib, and he was always a reliable batsman. A bit patchy on form,yes, but is it any worse than the Mithuns and Homs of this world? Plus, Nas is a brilliant fielder. We need his fielding abilities, along with Soumya's and Shabbir's which make us a good fielding side. Great fielders are hard to come by. Having three in one team is a joy. And I'm not talking about just good fielders. Virat Kohli is a good fielder. Raina and Jadeja are great fielders. Soumya, Shabbir and Nasir are great fielders. There are levels to this.

This wasn't a good Indian side. Far from it. I see some of you raving about Hardik. Hardik isn't jack. Softdik is more like it. Does the same swinging motion with the bat every time, and our bowlers make him look like superman. They got confused on too good of a pitch today. Bouncy pitches makes them forget that there is such a thing called a yorker. Mash should have done something, but he just let poor Taskin's nerves go crazy as he was taken apart. On a side note, Hardik is quick though, quick sprints, I think he belongs in the Indian team into the grander scheme of things. But he is NOT a good batsman.

Above everything else, it's the failure of the more experienced guys in the team that got to me. Mahmadullah, Musfiqur, Shakib ALL let us down with the bat. Hell, dare I say they didn't even try. If I remember correctly , they were playing defensive strokes in the 15th over.

Honestly,I know there is such a thing as a submitting a squad from which the starting XI should be chosen. But if this rule was scrapped, I would bench everyone from today for the next game except Shabbir, Soumya, Al Amin, Taskin and M'Fizur. End rant.

Old February 24, 2016, 02:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

^^Agree with most of what you say...but I liked Hardik...He can be an excellent opening batsman if you ask me. I like that he's an all-rounder. India finally getting someone who deliver wit both bat and ball. (not Ashwin).
Old February 24, 2016, 03:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
^^Agree with most of what you say...but I liked Hardik...He can be an excellent opening batsman if you ask me. I like that he's an all-rounder. India finally getting someone who deliver wit both bat and ball. (not Ashwin).
Yeah, in the first over, sure. After that, did you not see him take 2 giant leaps to the right every time one of our pacers would make their run ins? He is as sloggy as they come. And you know how to get pinch hitters out, right? Bowl a simple yorker. For God's sake.
Old February 24, 2016, 03:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I don't agree when you say "This wasn't a good Indian side "

When a team is experimenting it means it's a team in which most players suck , you don't see us experimenting in ODIs , do you ?

I strongly agree with you about our experienced batsmen, Sakib, Ryad & Mushy were all surprisingly defensive, and they failed.
The truth is none of our batters except Sabbir and somewhat Tamim are proper T20 batsmen, we are just letting them play as we have no better options, we are hoping that one day Sakib,Mushy,Ryad, Soumya will turn into a quality T20 batsmen but that day might never come.
Old February 24, 2016, 04:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Didnt show hot chicks from the crowd today. What kind of broadcasting is this?? Absolutely gutted
Old February 24, 2016, 04:30 PM
Cricket Savant

It's FP worthy. Good job.
Old February 24, 2016, 04:34 PM
Cricket Savant

*Jokhon 3 down chilo tokhon spinnar anano uchit hoy nai
*Taskin (never was fond of him but guess he suffices pretty boy subhodh balok look)
*Mithun (need I say more?)
*inexcusable drop catch by shakib and some sloppy fielding
*Didn't watch the latter half but guessing sissy batting
Old February 24, 2016, 04:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Good ranting... Although rhe first 9-10 overs were fantastic. We lost straight after the drop catch. The match would have ours otherwise.

Kono bapar na... Next time. We will see India in the final
Old February 24, 2016, 05:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
It's FP worthy. Good job.
When someone from BC's editorial staff endorses a post...it should make the Front Page ASAP.

Use your power and connections Big ZEE...pull some strings
Old February 24, 2016, 05:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Mushy in the end just didnt bother getting on strike!!!
Old February 24, 2016, 05:36 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Never expected to beat India, not in t20 as their batting is superior than ours by 100x. But we started well and should have kept them below 140 which we couldn't, and that frustrates me more. You could say drop catch blah blah blah but our superstar Musta, Taskin and Mash were bowling shite like headless chickens. Expected better from them but they failed to do when we were on top. Mash with his off cutters, Musta cutters and Taskin with his short deliveries. In modern days oppo does enough analysis of these before a game so they should have known that. You can't be too predictable, not in this format at least

But if we bowl well against Pak and SL we can beat them in this format as their batting aren't as good as India and they don't also have a genius captain like Dhoni.
Old February 24, 2016, 06:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

^Phorget beating Srl and Pak, let's hope and pray to almighty Allah so that we can atleast beat UAE.
Old February 24, 2016, 06:03 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Good post and ranting. I almost agree with all that you said.

I never expected to beat India. They are far superior than us in this format. And with Tamim missing, and Mithun and Kayes playing, the match was over even before the toss.

But the great opening gave me hope. Dhawan/Kohli/Raina all gone. But then the dropped catch, overall poor fielding, and some brainless batting was hard to take. The sudden drop in intensity made the loss even worse. It gave me hope when there was none and then just took it away.

It is like a beautiful girl who is wayyy above my league. I know I never stand a chance against her. I am happy with that. But when she gives me attention, acts all that cute with me, it gives me hope. I start to contemplate changing the facebook status from single to 'complicated' to give her some hints. But then she calls me bhaiya and introduces me to her long distance boyfriend. Bf thakte amar loge rat jaigga kotha koisos ken taile? mishti mishti eto kisu kowar ki dorkar chilo? Jottoshob.

Anyway, I feel like that.

Rant over.
Old February 24, 2016, 06:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

only thing we did wrong was not capitalising on our bowling. We should have rolled them under 130. The batting idm too much cos it was tough batting conditions and apart from Sabbir we just dont have that explosive T20 batsman who can give our batting that extra kick. So we will be relying on our bowling alot.
Old February 24, 2016, 06:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Nehra, the senior 38 year old pacer, out-bowled all of your young upcoming talents on this pitch. He was getting more movement than any of our bowlers, heck even Bumrah with his Mash-like speed was bowling better.
Old February 24, 2016, 08:22 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Before the match started this was a contest between the ranked no. 1, t20 team vs bottom feeders ranked even below Afghanistan. The rankings gives you a better perspective of how tough an ask for us it was to beat India...especially after we got schooled even by Hamilton Masakadza.

The Indian team is where they are because their top 7 are all match winners. We got Dhawan, Kohli, Yuvi, Raina cheaply but still one of their other guys took the match away. Yesterday it was Rohit, on other days it could be Dhoni or Raina

Having a green top and choosing to go with four pacers was the right call. Even better was winning the toss and sending India in. What we needed to do was to give our best bowler (Mustafizur) have a crack at India once again when the ball was seaming early in the innings and before dew sets in. It was strange to see after having so much preparation with pace we immidiately went negative with spinners, trying to finish their quota in the middle overs.

People will say spinners bowled well but actually India was doing risk free accumulation, getting ones and twos setting themselves up for a big finish.

With a batting line up like India, you cannot stop attacking until you got their top six out. When we got three, we should have been more aggressive, put more slip, place short leg and bowl bouncers etc. If needed Mash could have finished the quota of all pacers by 16 overs in search for the six wkts. It was a gamble worth taking rather then hoping to contain Dhoni and company at the death. We failed at the knockout punch.

In terms of batting we dont have a single match winner in in t20 while India has 6 or 7. This result was expected. Even if we play with Tamim Nasir Nurul the result wont be any different in the next match up
Old February 24, 2016, 08:32 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Nehra, the senior 38 year old pacer, out-bowled all of your young upcoming talents on this pitch. He was getting more movement than any of our bowlers, heck even Bumrah with his Mash-like speed was bowling better.
Bumrah isn't a trundler,he can clock upto mid 140's easily, also he hits the bat hard and ball comes quicker than the speed suggest, with the action he has he gets extra zip from pitch,look how hurried soumya sarkar was to the delivery that got him and nehra isn't a trundler either he is a very smart bowler.
Old February 24, 2016, 08:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Weldone Ind. Excellent inning by Rohit. That is my post match rant.
Old February 24, 2016, 09:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
I thought Harsha said he was 36
Old February 25, 2016, 01:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Mortaza is like an appendix in the human body. He is there to fill in the numbers but doesnt bring anything to the table.

Cant bat, cant bowl and cant run. Oh yes, he can speak a bit of english and do the toss.
Old February 25, 2016, 02:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

India came in playing so many matches while this was our 1st game in a while. Not a surprising result.

I would definitely change the batting lineup. 1st off, we need Mushy at 4 and Shakib at 5. We can't have our best batsmen batting so low. On top of that, we have to drop Imrul, he's just not a T20 batsman. Also need to have Nurul ahead of Mithun as he's the superior player period. And finally bring Nasir in. We bring those changes and our performance should improve
Old February 25, 2016, 02:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vayuu1
Bumrah isn't a trundler,he can clock upto mid 140's easily, also he hits the bat hard and ball comes quicker than the speed suggest, with the action he has he gets extra zip from pitch,look how hurried soumya sarkar was to the delivery that got him and nehra isn't a trundler either he is a very smart bowler.
I d like to see how long Bumrah lasts.

India likes to make heroes out of every new fast bowling prospect. Just a few days ago they were drooling about the swing of Bhuvaneshwaran and the pace of Yadav/Aaron. Before that Praveen Kumar, VInay Kumar, RP Singh, Ishant, Irfan Pathan...the list goes on.

Their best bowler imo is Mohammad Shami. Complete bowler. Unfortunately he has been overused and now perhaps ditched.
Old February 25, 2016, 04:32 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

let me rant on this thread itself because man it needs it!

So Mash is the elephant because he bowls his full quota.
Tell me exactly why you think the likes of Taskin and Mustafizur bowled better then him yesterday? Please justify your answer with proper evidence because as I look at the scoreboard and from what I watched, they were exactly the same. Bowled well early on, leaked runs like crazy on their second and third spells. So if he didnt bowl his full quota, please make a suggestion on who wouldve bowled those 1-2 extra overs.

You say, if Mash hasnt groomed anyone by now, he is not a good leader.
Do you really mean it? I hope its an angry retort because from the countless interviews given by the likes of Mustafiz, Taskin, Rony.... it suggests that Mash has been a key personal behind whatever they are today.

why is the selection so poor in general? Mithun? Shuvogota Hom? When I hear these names, I say to myself, "ok, there must be some sort of reason why the selectors have picked them DESPITE there being newer talent or more experienced names

Names please.

Corruption aside, what is with all this experimentation crap? Is Mash on course to become a scientist with so much experimentation, finishing his Zimbabwe project in this Asia Cup?

Where did you see experimentation in yesterdays game? Please give us clear signs of experimentation because last time I checked, Mash stated clearly that they were not doing anymore experiments and they will field what they think is the best side based on the previous experiments.

Nurul Nasan is the best wicketkeeper in the country?

Please tell us how you come to this conclusion.

Same sentiments with Rony, but from the bowling perspective. He showed promise to be a mainstay, and yet the selection team yanks him. Gross!

Truth is, he showed no promise to be a mainstay. Not even effing close. He is talented and can go a long way. We know that. But what his limited international exposure showed is he needs more exposure against the lower ranked international sides so that he can get used to the national XI pressure. Playing him possibly the best batting unit in the world? Gross!

The next paragraph is about Nasir. You said he provides a balance....

Nasir avgs 19 with the bat with a SR of 119
Nasir avgs 36 with the bowl picking an amazing 6 wickets at a Econ of 8.69

So balance of what? failure?
I also laughed for a good 5 mins when I see you compare Nasir with Kohli and Raina.... I give up on that...

Finally,
"This wasnt a good Indian side. Far from it"
Oh my lord. you have lost it my friend

Bouncy pitches makes them forget that there is such a thing called a yorker. Mash should have done something, but he just let poor Taskin's nerves go crazy as he was taken apart

please share your strategy in that situation. You have no idea how curious I am on this right now
Old February 25, 2016, 04:40 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I bet you are one of those who complained about why Al Amin is in the squad. I bet you are one of those who went all Tarzan when Riyad was introduced all of a sudden. I bet you are one of those who thought Mash was about to get murdered when he bowled to Kohli.

Man! Rant about things that actually makes sense. Rant all you want about why our mindset in this format is so wrong. Rant about why after all these years, we cannot rotate strikes. Rant about why until very recently did not give a sh't about this format. Rant about why our bowlers dont bowl or even attempt yorkers when they need to.
Old February 25, 2016, 04:55 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
Mortaza is like an appendix in the human body. He is there to fill in the numbers but doesnt bring anything to the table.

Cant bat, cant bowl and cant run. Oh yes, he can speak a bit of english and do the toss.
You are not serious. Are you?