facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 19, 2016, 03:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul
Default Incompetent BCB unable to arrange series

While other teams are playing international cricket, we are happy to sit inside air conditioned office and having coffees. Seriously what are they doing? Even Afghans and Irish are continuously playing matches. Now dont tell me that our egos got so enlarged that we dont play teams ranked below us. Sri Lanka which is an inferior team to us playing England and Australia back to back. With concerns regarding England series, we dont know when we are going to see our team in the field, probably in the NZ series which is scheduled at around end if this year. Totally unacceptable

Old July 19, 2016, 04:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Everyone is busy at this time tbf.

Aus- touring SL
Eng - hosting Pak
Ire - hosting Afg
WI - hosting Ind
Zim - hosting NZ.
SA- about to host NZ

Just bad luck for the BCB that most teams schedules are booked out. Jesus if ye think this is bad try supporting an Associate for the past 7 years,with 7 ODI's between WC's. makes a nice change of pace seeing Ireland busier than BD for once I must admit

BCB dont seem too keen on playing Ire/Afg unless its acclimatisation reasons like next years series IMO, even Zim now understandanbly in their case since ye paste them regularly.

Just bad luck, and if I'm honest with the recent terrorist activities, you might get a few of these low spells unless yu sort out alternate venues.

Whats BD's schedule after England since thats almost definitely not happening, India tour?
Old July 19, 2016, 04:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Is Kenya still playing cricket?
Old July 19, 2016, 08:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Very disappointed. We have no international cricket between April to September, that itself is a disappointment
Old July 19, 2016, 09:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Very disappointing indeed. I understand the break for roja and eid but all done now, get something in. This is ridiculous!!
Old July 19, 2016, 10:55 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

We could have pushed for a three team odi series with any of these tours that the others are playing. Eng Pak BD ODI series in England would have been great.
Old July 20, 2016, 12:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Just imagine the scenario if Bangladesh could have finish the job in the ICC T20 world cup. How situation might have been.
Old July 20, 2016, 12:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

If they have slightest of brains, they will seek for alternatives to England tour. They dont have any idea how English Team operates. They are not going to come and neutral venue is not an option. Invite Afghanistan for 4 day FC matches if they are free.
Old July 20, 2016, 12:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
If they have slightest of brains, they will seek for alternatives to England tour. They dont have any idea how English Team operates. They are not going to come and neutral venue is not an option. Invite Afghanistan for 4 day FC matches if they are free.
I think I agree here. They are monitoring the situation very closely now, let's say from now if there is even a single murder on expats, the case will surely close. What a sad thing it has become, the mofos are affecting one thing we love the most. Effing hell man. But even if there is no violence further, it will be very tough to bring them here. Hell, even the BCB coaches are refusing to come to the country.

Is this the rock bottom? If it is, it will only get better. Not sure if it is though. We will find out in 5 or 10 years.
Old July 20, 2016, 01:37 AM
Cricket Legend

A cricket crazy country like ours and no cricket for 75% of the year, rather than blaming BCB i blame the ICC for such massive imbalances and biasness when it comes to scheduling tours. Some countries play each other gazillion times which shouldnt be allowed at all, especially during times where IPL is already taking up space

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old July 20, 2016, 02:06 AM
Cricket Guru

If Eng lose the series to Pak, they aren't coming to BD lol
Old July 20, 2016, 02:48 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara,Adam Gilchrist

As a player who currently plays for the national team there are many factors to why BCB, is not arranging a tour at the moment, due to the situation that is currently present in Bangladesh, you have to ask yourself if you as a human being would come to Bangladesh at the moment. One may also argue why we don`t have a alternate venue, the cricket following outside Bangladesh is minuscule in countries like Nepal, Morocco etc let alone those countries do not even have proper cricket facilities(no offence to the Nepalese or Moroccans in this forum). Compared to the fact that establishing a team to go to play in the alternate venue would be a immense cost, paying for hotels, security and transport would be just to much for the Board.

External Factors such as schedules can also be considered, all other major teams are currently busy with their own schedules thus have no time for and touring another country at the moment with be costly aswell. Security at the moment is a more important then ensuring a series since Allah is testing the nation of Bangladesh and we are being judged by the global community on how we are dealing with this threat

So we cannot label BCB as ''incompetent'' since they are dealing with factors that are out of control and there is nothing they can do, they cannot guarantee the security of the teams in Bangladesh

We can only hope that England visits to tour us and we give them a run for their money

Sabbir Rahman-Out

Last edited by SRahman; July 20, 2016 at 02:51 AM.. Reason: Wanted to Say something more
Old July 20, 2016, 03:23 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

That's a fair point. I think majority of us are just bit more frustrated as we didn't have a game for a while now especially since our team has grown so much recently. Wow, that's pretty cool if you really are the real Sabbir Rahman. Great to have you on the forum if that's the case.
Old July 20, 2016, 03:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Sabbir vampire Rahman here ? I don't believe it ..

While he makes fair points I think bcb should start working harder to get invited by other countries even as a 3rd team... as neutral venue is cost prohibitive

Current world tensions aren't gonna go away in a month or two ...

Pakistan may not be hosting but they get plenty of cricket ..

It feels like forever BD hasn't played anything...
Old July 20, 2016, 04:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRahman
As a player who currently plays for the national team...

Sabbir Rahman-Out
Sabbir, is that really you, brother? If it is, I just want to say that you bat like a total beast. You are a samurai and you work your bat like a katana. A grand welcome to BC. May the Lord bless you and your game.

But if not, if it is Shamsur Rahman, the warm welcome still stands...
Old July 20, 2016, 04:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Also Sabbir, if it is really you, please note that as it is a fan forum, members here often express frustration toward BCB, players, umpires, pitches, weathers etc. a lot of the times. Please don't be offended when they do. It is understable that you may feel that way sometimes, as things are being said about your team mates, colleagues or BCB - your employer.

Also just to make it clear, everyone here in BC absolutely adores you, admires your batting and your commitment to the game. Bangladesh cricket got richer with your arrival.
Old July 20, 2016, 04:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Sabbir, is that really you, brother? If it is, I just want to say that you bat like a total beast. You are a samurai and you work your bat like a katana. A grand welcome to BC. May the Lord bless you and your game.

But if not, if it is Shamsur Rahman, the warm welcome still stands...
Haha funny guy,me gusta, in fact mehrab Hossain Jnr informed me about this forum whilst playing a DPL match.Been a lurker ever since.Thanks for your kind comments, I just want to make Bangladesh a proud nation not just a speck on the map and hopefully we win a WC

NB:don't you hate it when people think your from India or SL half of my friends from the US don't even know the country Bangladesh
Old July 20, 2016, 04:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Also Sabbir, if it is really you, please note that as it is a fan forum, members here often express frustration toward BCB, players, umpires, pitches, weathers etc. a lot of the times. Please don't be offended when they do. It is understable that you may feel that way sometimes, as things are being said about your team mates, colleagues or BCB - your employer.

Also just to make it clear, everyone here in BC absolutely adores you, admires your batting and your commitment to the game. Bangladesh cricket got richer with your arrival.
I won't be offended if I am criticised,I am the type of guy who'll tell you if I know the answer to something or not.I try to improve my skills in the game everyday,I strive to be the best at what I do.
Old July 20, 2016, 06:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Not just arranging series, right now BCB is having a tough time convincing the contracted coaches to come and resume their jobs.

HP has started without Simon Helmot.

Fitness coach, head coach, assistant coach, fielding coach still not in BD, although training of NT has started.

Bowling coach yet to be appointed.

Its true the security situation, post Artisan Bakery scenario is a concern. But perhaps BCB needs to step up efforts to convince these personnel they can be given the safety/security they need. They must also be tougher with regards to giving leaves-paid or unpaid.

I dont think the situation in Pakistan is any better yet they have a large contingent of foreign coaches and support staff. Somehow they have been convinced to do their work in Pakistan.
Old July 20, 2016, 07:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I can understand the struggles regarding current terrorist issue.

However, why not arrange a tour to a foreign country, how about Zimbabwbe? Ireland? Or maybe play a couple of series in Netherlands against netherlands and scotland? Those two teams scared us quite a bit in recent World T20s.

If we are infact beggars, we can't be choosers. We should simply be happy with arranging a series with lower tier sides. Rather have some cricket than NONE at all.
Old July 20, 2016, 08:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
I can understand the struggles regarding current terrorist issue.

However, why not arrange a tour to a foreign country, how about Zimbabwbe? Ireland? Or maybe play a couple of series in Netherlands against netherlands and scotland? Those two teams scared us quite a bit in recent World T20s.

If we are infact beggars, we can't be choosers. We should simply be happy with arranging a series with lower tier sides. Rather have some cricket than NONE at all.

As a fan and a player, i realise the frustration, but as i said they might be more important things other than cricket at the moment, the growing threat of extremisim is ever present in bangladesh, It is truly frightening to see young educated indiviuals be converted to,extremists and when this is eventually over we should see more sides touring Bangladesh hopefully, for now lets maintain trust in the board to guide BD cricket in the right direction.
Going overseas can also be pretty costly, with things happening around EU don't think NL will be too happy to tour us right now due to the stigma attached with muslims right now
Old July 20, 2016, 08:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Sabbir, I am very impressed with your command of the English Language.

Also, The Innings you played against Sri Lanka in asia cup not too long ago was class.

welcome to the forum.
Old July 20, 2016, 08:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Le Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Not just arranging series, right now BCB is having a tough time convincing the contracted coaches to come and resume their jobs.

Fitness coach, head coach, assistant coach, fielding coach still not in BD, although training of NT has started.

I dont think the situation in Pakistan is any better yet they have a large contingent of foreign coaches and support staff. Somehow they have been convinced to do their work in Pakistan.

Seriously BCB, whats going on here ?
Old July 20, 2016, 08:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Le Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRahman
As a fan and a player, i realise the frustration, but as i said they might be more important things other than cricket at the moment, the growing threat of extremisim is ever present in bangladesh, It is truly frightening to see young educated indiviuals be converted to,extremists and when this is eventually over we should see more sides touring Bangladesh hopefully, for now lets maintain trust in the board to guide BD cricket in the right direction.
Going overseas can also be pretty costly, with things happening around EU don't think NL will be too happy to tour us right now due to the stigma attached with muslims right now
nice to have you on board Sabbir. Not often does one see an actual cricketer on an online forum, chatting up his fan-base.

The situation at hand in BD is quite depressing to say the least. Hope things will improve soon. We used to see things like this happen in Pakistan and now that it has hit home, its really difficult to watch. One fears for the country and our near and dear ones.
Old July 20, 2016, 08:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh

Its true the security situation, post Artisan Bakery scenario is a concern. But perhaps BCB needs to step up efforts to convince these personnel they can be given the safety/security they need. They must also be tougher with regards to giving leaves-paid or unpaid.

Pakistan knows they have a problem and they have found a way to deal with it. Their staff gets proper security.

Terrorism is new in BAngladesh (in this scale), we are still trying to learn what is the best way to deal with the problem. Give it 6 months, we shall overcome.