facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 26, 2016, 08:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Default BCB's ego bigger than that of BCCI?

In past I have heard a lot of conspiracy theories like: "India don't want to play us in India because they don't want to be embarassed in front of their home crowd"

Well, India still haven't invited us and its not like we are doing ourselves and massive favour by playing crap in tests and losing out matches like those in the WT20 or even WC and whining about it.

When we started off our journey in the big league, we had a lot of support from other countries, India, Pak, SL our 3 neighbours did quite a bit. We were able to play series with teams like NZ, Aus, SA, as well. Zimbabwe and Kenya were our biggest rivals back then. But it cannot be denied that we played with teams waaaaaay out of our league.

Now it seems that we have improved, to a small extent, particularly in the ODI format. Unfortunately, we are going through a massive cricket drought right now but our board seems to be unwilling to play even the better associates like Ireland and Afghanistan. Even Netherlands or Scotland(both teams scared us in world cups recently, no pushovers). The gap between us and these associates are nearly as much as it was for us with respect to other top teams over the past several years.

As people who have suffered a lot of embarrassment regarding being classed as a minnow, after we take a few small step it seems we are unwilling to look down. Despite the support we recieved, we have been so ungrateful that our board has felt that playing a series against Ireland is degrading. This ireland is the same team that beat us in 07 and against in 09 WC(Where they kicked us out), also beat West Indies in a world cup.

Afghanistan? Oh, yes, this was the team that really gave us an absolute mauling back in 2014 in our home territory!

And yet, amidst all the shortage of cricket we had, BCB hasn't even tried to bend its back down even a little and be happy to play associates. That way everyone wins, sponsors, players, those who run cricket and ofcourse, us fans. In the past, teams that knew we were a mediocre team still invited us, but this attitude we are showing towards them is shocking.

BCB is like those spoiled kid who suddenly graduates and has financial crisis and says: "dorkar hole na kheye thakbo, kintu ei dui numberi restaurant-e khamu na. Nandos, BnB jibon" Well at the end of the day if he has to survive, he might have to get adjusted to the lower standard of living. Because if he doesn't, he will die of hunger.

And as for Bangladesh team? We will become ****, as if we already aren't in tests and T20s but we will redefine a new level of mediocrity for a team that has had test status for 16 years. Its not like we have defined mediocrity with a grand total of 0 wins in test against mid/top tier win. Leaving that aside, this lack of cricket in the appetite will eventually kill us. We are already going to have issues with security so a lot of teams won't be eager to play us, so for now lets simply lower our standards and play these lesser teams. In the long run, it will help us more than them.

I though BCCI had massive ego, but atleast they did send their team to tour us a few times. Also supported us in their different ways except for hosting us. And this is a board that earns billions every year and literally has a say in almost of everything in cricket. And we are simply a mouse in the grand scheme of things, but our bloated egos won't let us stage a series with teams like Ireland or Afghanistan.

Trust me when I say this, if I was Ireland or Afghan board president, I would remember this for quite a while and there may be a time where the tides have turned and I would tell to BCB, who would be desperate to play against my country. I would simply tell BCB to "get lost". That would serve BCB right.

Old July 26, 2016, 08:26 AM
Cricket Legend

And if I already haven't mentioned it anywhere, Afghanistan are already better than us in T20s. And that is not an opinion, but a FACT. World T20 performance and rankings will tell true story.
Old July 26, 2016, 09:57 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

BCCI has no ego what so ever. Look how we are helping Afghans.

We are rich and competent board but at the same time extremely just, fair and kind hearted. Easily the greatest sporting body is BCCI.

Cant comment on BCB.
Old July 26, 2016, 12:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

I think BCB shown signs of maturation during the taskin chucking saga.

The ego part I'm not in agreement with. Maybe I'm seeing cricket board not as a single entity...so I can't wrap my head around the ego thing.

I think they just need some good negotiators...a good negotiation is one where both parties leave unhappy.

Bangladesh cricket is working hard to get more games, but with recent terrorism, it just compounds the issue for less cricket at the moment...

Just turn a cheek on this...cricket will soon be here.
Old July 26, 2016, 12:58 PM

Naive statement - one would NEVER understand how cold it is in Winnipeg during the winter months unless s/he lives there...

We used to have a goat called BCCI...

Now, it's BCB!

BCB has invited West Indies and WI declined ...
BCB has invited SL and SL declined ...
NZ declined to play a tri-series with India along with Bangladesh
Australia declined and it's BCB's fault as they have failed to uproot the religious fundamentalists in the country ...

Now that ECB might not come either, it's BCB who has failed us again!!
Old July 26, 2016, 01:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
BCCI has no ego what so ever. Look how we are helping Afghans.

We are rich and competent board but at the same time extremely just, fair and kind hearted. Easily the greatest sporting body is BCCI.

Cant comment on BCB.

Oh!!!! "BCCI has no EGO what so ever" The Ego is worse than a 12 year old spoiled girl.

rich - YES. Absolutely. Congrats.
competent - Nope. That is why Indian Supreme Court is restructuring BCCI.
greatest sporting Body - Nope. (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, UEFA, etc. just to name a few)

The head got so large that it is about to explode.
Old July 26, 2016, 01:37 PM
Cricket Savant

I thought the greatest sporting body was that of Caroline Wozniacki
Old July 26, 2016, 02:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

for those who have been following Bangladesh Cricket since it's inception, the current BCB is a lot better than what it used to be...I remember in 2010, there was massive protests in front of the BCB office.

can things be even better though? Absolutely yes. Not everything is BCB's fault...

Ironically, countries used to decline to tour because Bangladesh were not as competent. Today, Countries refuse to tour because they are afraid of thrashing(that's part of the reason) which still proves the stigma associated with losing to Bangladesh even though Bangladesh is a much improved Limited overs side compared to a few years ago.
Old July 26, 2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
for those who have been following Bangladesh Cricket since it's inception, the current BCB is a lot better than what it used to be...I remember in 2010, there was massive protests in front of the BCB office.

can things be even better though? Absolutely yes. Not everything is BCB's fault...

Ironically, countries used to decline to tour because Bangladesh were not as competent. Today, Countries refuse to tour because they are afraid of thrashing(that's part of the reason) which still proves the stigma associated with losing to Bangladesh even though Bangladesh is a much improved Limited overs side compared to a few years ago.
Vai, sotto kotha kon ken!?
Old July 26, 2016, 02:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Vai, sotto kotha kon ken!?
mustafizur rahman amake shottobadi hoite shikhaise tai
Old July 26, 2016, 09:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Naive statement - one would NEVER understand how cold it is in Winnipeg during the winter months unless s/he lives there...

We used to have a goat called BCCI...

Now, it's BCB!

BCB has invited West Indies and WI declined ...
BCB has invited SL and SL declined ...
NZ declined to play a tri-series with India along with Bangladesh
Australia declined and it's BCB's fault as they have failed to uproot the religious fundamentalists in the country ...

Now that ECB might not come either, it's BCB who has failed us again!!
None of the above is BCB's fault.

But a smart cricket board decides to come up with alternatives. Have our board tried to negotiate with associate teams to play a series with us? No. We are an improving team who will go 6 months, yes 6 months without playing a single international cricket match.
Old July 26, 2016, 09:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat

Previously I have mentioned that BCB has matured a lot and become a lot more professional. But what is holding BCB back to play lesser teams?

And I don't agree they are afraid of being thrashed. In ODIs perhaps, but in T20s and tests we are a below par team.
Old July 26, 2016, 10:03 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I thought the greatest sporting body was that of Caroline Wozniacki
touche my dear Caribbean friend!
Old July 27, 2016, 06:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

I dont know if its ego tbh, defiitely would've been ego a few years ago when you invited Zimbabwe despite hammering them constantly but in this case I think its just a case of poor planning and no teams being available whatsoever (Afghanistan have an IC Cup game vs Holland and then a domestic tourney.)

Scotland are open but they get screwed over completely by the ICC and despite being better than us at t20 nobody seems to want to play them.

So yeah, dont expect cricket for another month or two guys, crap planning by the BCB but thats their own fault.
Old July 27, 2016, 01:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
touche my dear Caribbean friend!
Since the discussion turned towards 'sporting bodies',

ME: :........