facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 6, 2017, 06:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Why Bangladesh taking so many Rohinga people???
Why not militarise them? Let them defend themselves! Let them fight for their own right and land!

God willing Victory will come to them!
Let them return to their country! Train them up and send them back to conquer their land back!

They must learn to defend themselves! And others should help them defend themselves!
Give them everything they need to defend them!
If we militarize them, I think it will be seen as an act of war.

Old September 6, 2017, 06:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

T.B.H the threat of Nuclear war is a bit more important on the minds of politicians around the west.
Old September 6, 2017, 06:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Myanmar is ranked higher than Ban in the Global fire power ratings by almost 20 ranks.

We would get pummelled if a border war breaks out.
Old September 7, 2017, 01:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Seems some Burmies spreading lies on twitter.. even on the page of Jonathan Head, BBC reporter who is in Rakhaine and witnessing first hand..

https://twitter.com/pakhead
Old September 7, 2017, 04:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

I am afraid we need to take some sort of military action. Kutnitik approaches are falling on deaf ears.
I respect Erdogan for saying he will send a warship!
Old September 7, 2017, 04:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Myanmar is ranked higher than Ban in the Global fire power ratings by almost 20 ranks.

We would get pummelled if a border war breaks out.
Burmese air force
31 X MIG29
45 X Chinese Mig knock-offs

Our air force
8 x MIG29
37 X Chinese Mig knock-offs

Lack of defense investment by previous govts have seen our defence being vey weak!
Old September 7, 2017, 05:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

^it was wrong to let them enter our country first. Now they will use that reason to call us many things! Now they will spread false things like we're the home to bla bla!!!

The rule should have been simple. Keep any elderly men, keep women's and children! And let those youth ones, the men's go back! They need to defend themselves not flee!!!

But it maybe too late now! I just hope we don't end up in some kind of big fight against that country!
Old September 7, 2017, 07:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Burmese air force
31 X MIG29

Our air force
8 x MIG29

Lack of defense investment by previous govts have seen our defence being vey weak!
BD, military takes part in routine exercises with the UN, we are more trained, as we have participated in a lot of conflicts.
Old September 8, 2017, 03:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Can someone with proper knowledge abt the Burmese-Rohingya conflict tell me more about it. Burmese people claim that the Rohingyas do not belong to Burma. Obviously it doesn't justify any of the atrocities that they are doing but i wanna clarify if this is true or not. The other claim is that Rohingyas in turn have killed innocent Burmese people.
Old September 8, 2017, 03:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
It should be that those able men fight for their right and land, not flee!!! How many more thousands will come? When will it stop? Keep all the women, children and elderly men, and send the others back! Train them and let them go and get back the rightly land! Let them defend their place of birth.
As has been said before, if we arm them it is considered an act of war. The last thing we need is a war, we struggle to feed majority of the poor in the country as it is.
Old September 8, 2017, 03:29 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
we struggle to feed majority of the country as it is.
This type of outdated generic put down has ZERO grounding in reality. Bangladesh is a poor country and it will remain a poor country for a while yet...but, we DO NOT struggle to feed the majority of the country.
Old September 8, 2017, 03:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feni_Heni
This type of outdated generic put down has ZERO grounding in reality. Bangladesh is a poor country and it will remain a poor country for a while yet...but, we DO NOT struggle to feed the majority of the country.
I didn`t mean it in and offensive way, even though it may sound like it. I just meant that their are many impoverished people in the nation, and it is better to focus on them instead of being the catalyst for another war.
Old September 8, 2017, 12:37 PM
Cricket Legend

For those of you saying we should arm the Rohingyas. I will repeat that this would be seen by Burma and the international community as an act of War.

Unless we are actually prepared for armed conflict, this is absolutely not a solution.
Old September 8, 2017, 12:49 PM
Cricket Savant

On topic, it does disturb me how many "Buddhists" Burmese are trying to distort the issue and sweeping it under the rug. They really act like scum of the universe. We shouldn't by no means deny the injustice that happens in our daily lives be it in Myanmar or Syria.

In the same given context, I echo whole heartedly with Yankee and Feni Heni. For instance, many expatriates living in US don't give a hoot about the damage inflicted by Harvey and Irma. In Islam it is said to give zakat to those in need. How many Bangladeshi-Americans really do give money to homeless person standing in front of 7-11? They are always justifying it with some bs like 'oh they will spend it on alcohol'. What they do with their money is none of your business. The whole point of zakat is to give help to people in immediate need.

This grossly takes us off topic. My point being, one doesn't need to cross seven seas to help people. Just do your best to help people near you. A true humanitarian wouldn't wait for the 'right cause' to cherry pick their "cause" to see if they really need it. Ultimately it is not a case of Muslim or Buddhists, but a humanitarian issue.

And as I mentioned with the opening, the level of injustice of Burmese Buddhists to distort the view really boils my mind. We are in 21st frikkin century yet propagandists and people in power always have their share of unfair grip be it in Syria, Palestine or Burma.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by kalpurush; September 8, 2017 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: Edited quote ...
Old September 8, 2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Burmese air force
31 X MIG29

Our air force
8 x MIG29

WTF! We can't even feed our people three times a day, failed to ensure education for all, lack of basic accommodations, infrastructures etc and you want to increase defense investments? Really?

Warmonger.
Old September 8, 2017, 04:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
WTF! We can't even feed our people three times a day, failed to ensure education for all, lack of basic accommodations, infrastructures etc and you want to increase defense investments? Really?

Warmonger.
Defense investments for poor countries like us need to done slowly. Sadly, nothing was done! Our Air force is a joke. Even African countries poorer than us have better military power.

Eida boilen na jey manush na kheye tahkey ajkal. Ajkal deshey shob goribrai khaitey pay. Oi kaler Bangladesh ekhon ar nai.
Old September 8, 2017, 07:40 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

America akta dhomok marlei hoito. Shoja hoiye jaito. Keu amader shahajjo kortesena
Old September 8, 2017, 08:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Defense investments for poor countries like us need to done slowly. Sadly, nothing was done! Our Air force is a joke. Even African countries poorer than us have better military power.

Eida boilen na jey manush na kheye tahkey ajkal. Ajkal deshey shob goribrai khaitey pay. Oi kaler Bangladesh ekhon ar nai.
You realise, how behind we are in terms of military expenditure when we are ranked below Angola in the PwrIndex.
Old September 8, 2017, 08:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Quality over Quantity.

Who's to say our military isn't better trained? Not like they sit on their butts, they're always off on Peace Keeping Missions.
Old September 8, 2017, 08:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Quality over Quantity.

Who's to say our military isn't better trained? Not like they sit on their butts, they're always off on Peace Keeping Missions.
That is true, it's is useless to have good equipment if your army is not trained.
Old September 8, 2017, 11:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Here's a better question: why do we need to investment in having a better military? Our country hasnt been in war since independence. The country that completely surrounds us is an Allie and a friend. Bangladesh doesn't have an issue with Myanmar officially and vice versa. The issue is with refugees.

Some of you might say, what if India attacks? Well, there would be no way to out gun India even if we invest in our military. But in todays world with current geo politics, here's the scenarios:
If India attacks, China will get involved.
If China attacks, India/US will get involved.
If US attacks... well the US won't attack because we have no oil.

Spending money on military is pointless. Invest it on infrastructure.
Old September 9, 2017, 12:31 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Here's a better question: why do we need to investment in having a better military? Our country hasnt been in war since independence. The country that completely surrounds us is an Allie and a friend. Bangladesh doesn't have an issue with Myanmar officially and vice versa. The issue is with refugees.

Some of you might say, what if India attacks? Well, there would be no way to out gun India even if we invest in our military. But in todays world with current geo politics, here's the scenarios:
If India attacks, China will get involved.
If China attacks, India/US will get involved.
If US attacks... well the US won't attack because we have no oil.

Spending money on military is pointless. Invest it on infrastructure.
Exactly. I would invest that money in coast guard, border guard and most importantly modernizing police force.
Old September 9, 2017, 03:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Listen, if I have a bat, then my neighbourhood kids won't come to hit me with their bats as they know I have a bat as well. But, if I have a spoon, they will always be on the lookout for me as I am an easy target.
Old September 10, 2017, 12:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Exactly. I would invest that money in coast guard, border guard and most importantly modernizing police force.
This. I think we need to spend and focus our attention to intelligence. More than
?foreign invasion, Bangladesh is more under threat from international and domestic radical Islamic groups...

I think modernizing/militerizing police force along with implementing technologies for good intel in fight against this dark force is what needed for the country....

It is in line with how Bangladesh got its independence. Fight to save the identity of Bengali first and a moderate muslim nation.
Old September 10, 2017, 12:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Good point. We only care about other muslims, whether in Burma or Palestine. Most Bangladeshis don't know or care about the plight of our own indigenous communities.
while I like many of your posts as they are sensible but i think this notion is wrong about most Bangladeshis. And many of your thoughts on Bangaldeshis in general. Or it could be both of us have vastly different family and friend circle.

I personally don't give a damn about anyone's religion when evaluating a crisis from moral pov. And in my life, I have noticed the "bond of Bangladeshis" is far greater than any other bond - ie being muslim. Just look at our encounter with paks. There.

I really don't think Bangladeshis in general care much for Burma or Palestinian muslims... Unfortunately Rhohingyas became our problem.

Bangaldesh needs stronger border.... is it possible to build a wall?