facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 18, 2017, 04:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Default Why young players struggling?

Momin
Nasir
Soumya
Sabbir
Taskin
even Fizz

Basically we can say after Tamim,SAkib,Mushy,Ryad no other players have carried on the good work they started

In 2015 it looked like Sabbir,Soumya,Taskin,Fizz will take us long way but in 2017 these guys have been rubbish.
I know the difference between 2015 & 2017 , playing at home is different than playing in NZ,ENG or SA but still.

What is HAthuri doing? We saw how Tamim,SAkib or may be Ryad too improved under Siddons.
But I am yet to see these young players improve under HaThor.

Who is next? Miraz ?

Old October 18, 2017, 05:41 PM
Cricket Guru

High time BCB take a dictatorial approach towards upcoming youngsters, they've been given too much freedom and let the fame get to their heads
Old October 18, 2017, 05:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

I do think sabbir and liton are exceptionally talented and the most talented young batsmen (along with some others) but just like in the previous eras just talent isn't enough, you've got to do something with your talent. If players like sabbir and liton go to waste it will be very disappointing. Taskin is a good talent but he's regressed. Compare taskin rabada and see the difference in their careers to date, taskin is talented and has great fast bowling attributes but where rabada has gotten better and better taskin has gotten worse and worse.

I think the selection panel for the most part has earmarked the right young talents but they need coaches and management that can develop them to their potential.
Old October 18, 2017, 08:49 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Tbh mushy didn't start good, he was awful for the first few years
Old October 18, 2017, 09:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Shakib was only the one that started well, even tamim was very inconsistent, maybe not as much as mushy but he was inconsistent, especially in ODIs.
Old October 18, 2017, 09:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Because we give em free houses and free cars every time they get a 5WI. Young uns don't have the hunger to be world-class, happy to be mediocre.
Old October 18, 2017, 09:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Because we give em free houses and free cars every time they get a 5WI. Young uns don't have the hunger to be world-class, happy to be mediocre.
It's happening all over the world, even in Australia our young guns don't have the drive to be top level elite athlete's and their heros were true greats in the Waugh brothers, Gilchrist, Warne, McGrath, Ponting etc.

It's not just cricket either, looks at Tomic and Kyrgios.
Old October 19, 2017, 04:58 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Momin
Nasir
Soumya
Sabbir
Taskin
even Fizz

Basically we can say after Tamim,SAkib,Mushy,Ryad no other players have carried on the good work they started

In 2015 it looked like Sabbir,Soumya,Taskin,Fizz will take us long way but in 2017 these guys have been rubbish.
I know the difference between 2015 & 2017 , playing at home is different than playing in NZ,ENG or SA but still.

What is HAthuri doing? We saw how Tamim,SAkib or may be Ryad too improved under Siddons.
But I am yet to see these young players improve under HaThor.

Who is next? Miraz ?
This is my view:
We have a good disciplinarian but not a coach. The only "coach" we did have was Streak and he did improve our bowling and the pacers performed under him. Samaraweera and Walsh both proved absolutely useless. The sooner Hathuru and Walsh departs the better for Bangladesh in the long term. Or else we will lose every single one of these young guys which would subsequently leave a huge vacuum in the next 5 years once Mushy Tamim Shakib and Ryad start to wane.

We need a coach who can demonstrate improvement at an individual level. Hathuru hasn't done anything to improve ANY player in the line up. The seniors had learnt their craft even before Hathuru joined the team which is why they are performing with the help of Hathuru's added culture of professionalism and discipline.

People will say that national team is not the place to improve which is true for most sides but we must accept that we are not a nation with a great domestic league. Dudhvaats like Naeem, Tushar etc score a gazillion runs.. even Nasir scored tons of runs prior to the tour. So the people that come through are all far from a finished product. Mushy and Tamim didn't become the player they are from the get go. Therefore we have to look to our National coach to improve these guys whether we like it or not. The other thing we need to do in parallel is to spend all the money from ICC on getting great coaches at the age group level.
Old October 19, 2017, 05:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

I was actually going to open a thread about this. It's quite shocking if you think about it. Shakib, Tamim and Mushfiq made their respective debuts around 2007 and established themselves within a few years and formed the core of the team. Riyad came a few years later and joined them, to an extent, at least in LOIs.

Since then however there hasn't been anyone to put their hands up and establish themselves as a core member of the team. Nasir seemed like a surefire to join these guys but how badly he has regressed as a player. So many came in with so much potential and the hype of being the next big thing (Anamul a prime example) but slowly withered away. The latest in this long list is Soumya, Shabbir and Taskin.

Whereas players like Mushfiq and Tamim have improved and become better players year-on-year these players have failed to build on shortlived patches of good performance in the early part of their careers.

It goes beyond coaching. Any developing team is characterised by continuous improvement. You first have players averaging in the 20s, then 30s, 40s and then hopefully start producing players of the 50-average caliber. But the scary thought is that looking at the state of things we may have peaked as far as talent development goes. The only young player I am fairly confident of right now is Mosaddek and he is going through a pretty serious health condition right now.

You can't just blame the coaches. To be a top player you need to take responsibility of your own career and make sacrifices that are needed in this day and age as a top professional athlete. What I see is that these guys are happy to post selfies all day on instagram and satisfied with enjoying whatever perks come with being around the national team. To put it bluntly they are not a very ambitious bunch.

What happens when age starts to catch up with the trio of Mushfiq, Tamim and Shakib in a few years time? Just see what Sri Lanka is going through now and our guys are nowhere near the caliber of Sangakkara, Jayawardene and co. How big is the fall going to be. Dark times ahead.
Old October 19, 2017, 05:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

I can gurantee if we have a new head coach, we will see the end of Soumya, Shabbir with few others. He will have his own players and those players will fail also. This is the problem. Siddons had Junaid Siddique, Naeem Islam etc. Haturi has Soumya, Shabbir etc. I say we let these guys play even if they keep failing so that Shanto, Saif etc can debut when they are ready and not early
Old October 19, 2017, 08:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Poisha onek banano hoyeche, tvc endorsement, bpl, Bd salary. Ha bhai, life e choto bela growing up er somoy-er shopno teke aro beshi taka bank er ekon... ar ki dorkar, hardwork?dhurt.. ekon lifestyle aram se selfie betagiri, gao te giye motorbike car niye showoff kormu... nam hoyegeche, banglar mati te... ekon toh asteh asteh aramse zindagi relax babhe...
Old October 19, 2017, 09:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I think they are still nubile...muscles and bone thickness have not fully developed yet...therefore under performing...

I believe they need to eat the following more -
Baccha Murgir mangsher Soup
Mishti Koomra/Pumpkin,
Gajoor/Carrot,
Corrolla bhaji (bitter squash I think),
Pure Modhoo/Honey,
Ghee
Pui shaak/Laal shaak,Spinach like Popeye
Old October 19, 2017, 09:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Sorry to say this, but the players among the system aren't just good enough. We should consider ourselves lucky with what we do have, and the fact that we can win and compete in subcontinental conditions. Shabbir and Sarker shouldn't be in the test side anyway; they look like limited overs player to me, but even then they find it tough. Players should be selected on merit. Mominul is okay, but his problem is that he struggles to find a place in the ODI side. I think he should be playing in that format, but I would put him to bat at #3 which has been a problematic position for us. We select wrong players for wrong format. Taskin shouldn't be playing tests. We're improving, but nowhere near a top side like the other teams, and won't reach there for a very long time I'm afraid. Nasir batting has regressed. It's been a very long time since he last scored a 50. I remember him being our finisher at #6. He's been played around with I'm afraid. He should still be a regular in the ODI side along with Shabbir. Nurul should also be in the limited overs squad at least. Top keeping skills make all the difference despite him being shaky with the bat.
Old October 19, 2017, 09:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Another reason these young players are struggling I think is because,
Tara Mathe geley, khelar shomoy "kharap/ajey bajey" chinta korey, Khela-tey monojoge ditey pare naa.
Old October 19, 2017, 10:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Another reason these young players are struggling I think is because,
Tara Mathe geley, khelar shomoy "kharap/ajey bajey" chinta korey, Khela-tey monojoge ditey pare naa.
Prio Javed bhai
Kharap/ajey bajey Chintar bapar ta ektu explain korben?
Old October 19, 2017, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

We will continue to decline culminating in a first round exit at WC 19. Future is bleak. Old guns have reached saturation, their performances are declining. Young guns are unable to accelerate their improvement. We can keep doing what we are doing and strive for mediocrity and only be competitive at home.

OR

We can keep trying new players in the hope of finding a Shakib Al Hassan, a Tamim Iqbal a Mashrafe Bin Mortaza. Not at their current stage, but at the stage when they accelerated their game. This MAY make us a great team in the future. High short term risk, but high long term reward.
Old October 19, 2017, 10:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Prio Javed bhai
Kharap/ajey bajey Chintar bapar ta ektu explain korben?
Keno Sadi?? Young man, tumar mookhey/gaaley ki pimple/bron uthesey naki? Raatey ki ghum kom hoy? Shokal belai ghum thekey uthley ki koob tired lagey? Bolo amakey, ekhaney Lojja-er kichu nai!

When I was a teenager, and I used to get pimples on my face, my school teachers and my abba/amma(RIP) used to beat me. They used to say, no wonder I failed Math, because I have teen-age life O-pobitro ajey/bajey Ku-chinta moner bhitor - SHara diin Ittefaak + DOinik Bangla-er Cinemar advertisement-er + Chhaya-Chhondo + Chitraali + Bichitra magaziner Rongila Naikaa-der chhobir dikey naki Haa korey takiye thaki...therefore developing pimples on face and failing math.

Amma-er mair-er por ontor-er dukkhey ekbar bhebesilaam je Basha thekey paliye Shuja Bhai-er baritey giye uthbo!
Palieyo giye chilaam ekbaar...Bari thekey 6 blocks hetey poth haraye pore abar kanna-kati korey Police basha-ye niye ashechilo...Bari ashar por Amma diyechilo Dorja-er Benda diya 2nd time mair right in front of the Policeman!
Old October 19, 2017, 11:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

^ Another classic boss!
Old October 19, 2017, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Most of them debut too early, when they are under developed.

Our domestic structure doesn't really help them to prepare well for national team competitiveness.
Old October 19, 2017, 12:40 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

1st class match na khelei test match khelte neme geche, performance holo jacche tai. Tar por tar probhab porlo ODI te. Ekhon aam o gelo chala o gelo. Aar amra holam doomed...
Old October 19, 2017, 01:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

One word : Temperament.
Old October 19, 2017, 06:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
One word : Temperament.
This one word been attached since day one. Still they have yet to figure out how to improve on that front
Old October 19, 2017, 08:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Tbh mushy didn't start good, he was awful for the first few years
Mushy was mediocre but not awful. He hit 80 vs Murali in Lanka and also had a half century where he spanked two sixes off Steyn on a greentop (not the dead tracks we got this tour). You always knew he belonged at this level even if averaged 20.

Instant success leaves one complacent. Thats what happened with Soumya and Sabbir. Soumya was a one season wonder, Sabbir not even that with just one good T20 innings vs a piss poor Lanka side. Soumya and Sabbir have severe deficiencies in techniqur and/or temperament. They could be decent Test players, but I would not bet on it.

Momin hasn't had any exposure and has gotten rusty. Not entirely his fault, but if he had been a good LOI player he would have retained his Test form.

Still, these are the best players we have and these guys will still win us some games. We will just be stuck at #7 or 8 in ODIs for the forseeable future instead of breaking into the top 5 like I had hoped in 2016.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 19, 2017, 09:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Fair assessment. This early blaze of glory is really detrimental to our cricket, and we fans also play a role in it by making gods out of these players.

I bet Sanga at age 38/39 was practicing more in nets to play for Surrey than Soumya or Shabbir combined. Even Kohli, while i am not a fan of him personally, one must admire his work ethic. Despite being the best in the business, the amount of training, preparation he does reflects his hunger and desire.

In our early cricket days, there was this complain that our players only train before a tour. Minute no tour they gain weight, go rusty. Supposedly things have improved since then, but we havent been able to reflect that on the pitch.
Old October 20, 2017, 12:09 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Only mominul has good work ethic among these young players. Instead of helping him to get over this bad period, our coach is busy spreading rumors about him.

No young player has actually improved their batting technically under haturi. Streak was much more influential in our success than haturi, but we let him go without any fuss. Remove mash from this picture, most probably we will see repeat of period 13-14.

Anyway, We need a batting coach, someone like siddons to work with our upcoming players.

Last edited by ahnaf; October 20, 2017 at 01:35 AM..