facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 22, 2017, 07:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot
Angry Major team overhaul required

This just can't go on. Every match is just a repeat of the previous match. The same group of crap players are used and the result is expectedly crap everytime.

The whole team needs to be revamped. We need to get rid off a large numbe rof players in the squad.
Imrul, Soumya, Riyad, Sabbir, Taskin , Mashrafe, Shafiul, Liton all need to go.
If you can't perform in the team, then why the hell are you there?

Last edited by Shingara; October 22, 2017 at 11:35 AM..

Old October 22, 2017, 07:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Kaye, Liton, Sarkar should not be playing LOI. And, to rub salt to the wound, they (BD selectors) selected Liton Das for the t20 series against SA . Anyone remembers how he could not lay bat on ball last BPL?
Old October 22, 2017, 07:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Bring back the 2000s era players!
Old October 22, 2017, 07:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

You can’t keep getting rid of experience players based onsome bad performances. ShoaibMalik made come back after some time late into 30s and now hasadded more steel to PK middle order. But in our BD culture it seems by some fans reactions once one becomes over 25, they are apparently “too old tomake comeback”. Hence, according to some armchair experts, guys like Nafees, Naeem islam, Tushar, Samsur Rahman, even Kapali (for t20). Has not chance to comeback. Because, “they are too old”, the current “golden generation”, doing wonders?

Bangladesh needs experience in the batting, for ODI’s and test. Shahriar Nafees is that guy Bangladesh needs to bring in. He was in beast mode last BPL. And, seriously what has Mehdi Maruf did wrong not to get even a t20 call up? The guy can hit big 6s, was on hot form last BPL. If they (BD selectors) can select Liton Das, Kaedge and Sarkar. Like, seriously, No Maruf? Not even a chance to show what he can do? But you would rather have walking wickets given more chances?

Selection panel needs a overhaul, more than anything.
Old October 22, 2017, 07:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Wanna see jahurul and tushar open the batting.

/s
Old October 22, 2017, 08:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Nah aside from a couple of young talents coming through these are the best there are for the most part. Stick with them, it took mushy and tamim awhile to get going and the only reason they are so good and still around is because they were persisted with for a long time.

Mushy averaged 23 after 80 ODIs, tamim did better but averaged around 28/29 for more than 100 matches.
Old October 22, 2017, 08:18 AM
Test Cricketer

We gotta get rid of the leader of the pack first. Fitness should always be considered as an important aspect before selecting a player.
Old October 22, 2017, 08:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Bring back Faruk the selector. He got balls to make bold moves
Old October 22, 2017, 09:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Apart from couple of players here and there most were in consensus this was a good squad, injuries to tamim and mustafizur killed our attack with bat and ball, but we simply got outplayed by a better team
Old October 22, 2017, 10:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Shommo must be having some indecent pictures of Hathuri or that fat selector. How else does he get a place in the playing eleven is beyond me.
Old October 22, 2017, 11:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

people laughed at me when I suggested Mohammad Sharif a few years back for the national side . Its too late now actually.

Bangladesh needs the expertise and wisdom of Shahriar Nafees, Naeem Islam Tushar Imran in the test side at least. They should be at least treated with respect by playing in the A team. This is injustice at the highest level when you score centuries after centuries and still get ignored.

Abu Jayed Rahi wouldn't have done worse than Taskin, would he?
Old October 22, 2017, 11:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Bring back Faruk the selector. He got balls to make bold moves
I have been one of the biggest supporter of Faruk Ahmed, the former chief selector in this forum.
Old October 22, 2017, 11:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Nah aside from a couple of young talents coming through these are the best there are for the most part. Stick with them, it took mushy and tamim awhile to get going and the only reason they are so good and still around is because they were persisted with for a long time.

Mushy averaged 23 after 80 ODIs, tamim did better but averaged around 28/29 for more than 100 matches.
Hope that's sarcasm!
Old October 22, 2017, 11:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
people laughed at me when I suggested Mohammad Sharif a few years back for the national side .
Md Sharif was known for his reverse swing. He was injured and then we forgot about him for many years. We finally decided to give him a chance and he didn't capitalize. He had forgotten his reverse swing.
Old October 22, 2017, 12:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Md Sharif was known for his reverse swing. He was injured and then we forgot about him for many years. We finally decided to give him a chance and he didn't capitalize. He had forgotten his reverse swing.
We?

Who?
Old October 22, 2017, 12:52 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza

because they had a coach, who knew how to improve them. Plus, their work ethic wasn't questionable. Haturi is a good tactician. but he is not someone who will work closely with young batsmens to improve them technically. Heck. He doesn't even spend a extra day here in Bangladesh, if there is no international game is going on.

Did Any of these current young player improve anything since they debuted for us? No. They are still doing the same mistake over and over again. Still having the same technical deficiency.
Old October 22, 2017, 02:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
We?

Who?
BCB and fans
Old October 22, 2017, 03:32 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

This needs to be investigated. Something is going on. The players are completely disinterested... this was just shameful.
Old October 22, 2017, 03:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Mashrafe needs be hold accountable for this shambolic performance. He was a total failure as a captain and looked absolutely clueless in every single match. He Miserabley failed to inspire his team with his leadership skill.

His own poor form isn't helping the team either. A captain is expected to perform and lead from the front. But what we r seeing from mash is exactly the opposite. He is a poor fielder and always gets thrashed whenever he comes to bowl which is why he mostly hides behind his rookie bowlers at the death overs.

Furthermore he keeps selecting his favourite pacer. We don't want this type of captain in our team. Yes, there r lots of problems in the team but our first task should be sacking mashrafe from his position.
Old October 22, 2017, 03:50 PM
Cricket Savant

First of all, I think they need to change the concept of that old school opening approach. Tamim playing like a pinch hitter, his partners play like pinch hitters. Pinch hitters are antiques in the modern game. They hardly exist anymore, and they are more likely less effective when they get the chance.

A proper batsman is needed, plays defence as well as offense. He can work his way around for the singles. Keep the scoreboard ticking. Every modern batsman should be able to play the new ball. They need net sessions on this.

Just my opinion, I could be 100% wrong
Old October 22, 2017, 03:53 PM
Cricket Savant

I have stressed and pointed out the importance of this in the past week... of changing the entire complexion of the opening slot for the team.
Old October 22, 2017, 04:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
This needs to be investigated. Something is going on. The players are completely disinterested... this was just shameful.
My theory: Senior players have issues with Hathu due to his various blunders over the past year or so. In fact, I am expecting something to come out.

This tour could be a silver lining if the BCB seeks accountability. Might be the kick up the backside we needed after 2015-2017.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 22, 2017, 04:19 PM
Cricket Guru

It's time BCB tell Hathuru to get over his obsession with Soumya. He has lots of technical flaws to work though, Hathuru clearly can't help him, time to send him back to High Performance squad.

I would keep Kayes on the bench despite his flaws, as he still manages to contribute every now and then. However, it's time to bring back one of the senior openers from Nafees, Junaid, or Anamul, and give him a run for one or two series.

For #3, Momin should be given another go with the ODI team. One from Nafees, Junaid, Anamul can be his back up option as well (unlike Imrul, don't think those three have any issue batting at one-down as well as opening).

Not impressed with Liton, think he is still too raw, should be sent back to HP squad. May be he can be kept in the Test team, but not in ODI.
Old October 22, 2017, 04:40 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
My theory: Senior players have issues with Hathu due to his various blunders over the past year or so. In fact, I am expecting something to come out.

This tour could be a silver lining if the BCB seeks accountability. Might be the kick up the backside we needed after 2015-2017.
I definitely expect the seniors to have issues with how Haturi is controlling everything. Mushy hates me, Mash doesnt like him either evident from his sudden T20 retirement call and Shakib never started well with him either. Tamim and Riyad has no leadership roles in the side and they dont come across the type to care about anything but themselves. But more or less, If I were a senior, I would hate the way Haturi is planning to phase out the seniors and persist with the young guys despite them failing constantly. Haturis master plan to get rid of the seniors and avoid any veterans coming in has been evident from the beginning. People stayed quite because his method worked initially. But when these youngsters got figured out, their lack of professionalism and experience became evident.
Old October 22, 2017, 06:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Hope that's sarcasm!
no I am pretty sure its not sarcasm. Actually I agree with him. He provided a brief stat to back it up.

In this whole series (TEST and ODI) tell me which senior player played well consistently?

Its the whole team ( senior and juniors) sucked big time.

And to tell that the Junior players only played bad is factually incorrect.

Usually senior players leads with performance and junior players follow them and over time they improve or they perish and new face come up.

The coach(s), selectors, captain and the senior players need to take more heat for the series failure.

Yes its very valid to ask about the performance of some of the young players who have been playing a while now: like SS, Sabbir, Taskin and Nasir. They have been playing for a while now, are they improving or not. If not why they are still getting chance over others.

But then we also have ask question how come senior players like Rahim, Riyad, Tamim, Mashrafee, Imrul failed in these series to provide constant performance?

Just blaming new players like Litton, Shaifuddin, Shubhasis is plain and simple wrong. This series is very difficult, and just bringing them in and expecting miracle from get-go is completely insane. You can debate why these young players and not other young/older players that is a separate discussion. But once you bring this young players, you need to stick with them for longer period of time before tagging them as no good.

In this series, Litton was used by the captain/management in difficult situations. Rahim when he was doing wicket keeping, constantly used it as an excuse for not batting in top order. But when Tamim was not allowed to start the innings in test, They sent Litton to open, even he did the wicketkeeping. Instead of Rahim show his leadership quality, he threw Litton (still unproven in the team) in the fire.

The problem is much deeper than just trying to find the scapegoats amoung the new players.... its easy way out. The problem is much deeper than that.

This was a very difficult away series for us. Were our players ready for it? Experienced players may have some past experience, but for new players... they didn't have much experience. BCB need to bear some blame for our young players (excluding Tamim, Rahim, Riyad, Imrul, mashrafe, Sakib) for not having enough experience.

Team selection. BCB screwed up the process and only Faruk complained and resigned and very few of our members complained. Actually in that discussion here, they were criticizing Faruk and welcomed the ideas of change. I still recall, only I and only few others complain at that time.

Head coach and other national team coach (bowling, etc) need to take ownership of this failure. But the captain also need a major share of the failure.

Both captains failed to lead the team. regardless how much coach interfered with the captaincy (rumored but not proven), I still believe a captain in the field had lot of power to show his leadership. And they failed. Coach interference cannot be an excuse, they have take the blame of failure. I have heard from Papon's conversation, captains constantly come to him and plead for other senior players (some of them were dropped temporarily for performance reason)... so the team you get sometimes have influence of the captain's preference.

Senior players are mainly a bunch of self serving politicians more interested in securing their positions, creating a wall and not welcoming new players, do all sort of village politics to make sure their buddies are in the team. This is the impression I got from few folks who are in BCB in director and other capacity.

I think we should expect and demand more from our senior players. Their position is secured for their past performance. That I understand, but we should expect more from them compared to young players). If our senior players create an environment that may not be welcoming to our young players, management need to identify and remove them from the team. Because, in long run, that cannot be good for the team. There need to be a flow of new blood in the team, that creates more competition for each position.

Bottom line we sucked big time in this series.... and its not because of only for our new and young players.... its much deeper than that.